Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

Nowso wrote: »
    if its overnight does the download of the crossepg interfere with recordings set after it ?

It appears to be the way I was testing it that was at fault. i would set recording on a program about 15 minutes away and put the box in standby. When putting the box in standby it gave a warning "there will be a wake up event in 5 minutes, do you want to continue" I continued with standby expecting it to wake up in 5 mins or so but this did not happen.
    Last night I tested with programs a bit further into the future and got no warning going into standby. This then worked fine.
    Thanks anyway.

More questions. If I am recording something and want to put the box into standby when going to bed it wont allow me without stopping the recording. Is there a way I can set the box to go to standby once the recording is completed.

Related to this - if I set a shutdown time in the settings of say 2am will the box go standby at this time even if it is in mid record?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

you can set a timer to change channel or record if a recording is in progress your better of leaving it on . i do not see an auto shutdown atm

its rare enough you will need it anyway and you can work around it ince you know

its rare enough you will need it anyway and you can work around it ince you know

Thanks,
    Its a pity its missing, Just getting rid of UPC and would often start watching something then hit record when going to bed and put the box in standby. I guess with the AA2 I will just have to leave it on all night or mess with the sleep timer.
    Cheers.

leave it on n turn off the tv it will be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

still looking for a second box and came across an evo enfinity mips based processor running vix or open tv on lavatronics for 79 sterling
    anyone any info on these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

AlanG wrote: »
    More questions. If I am recording something and want to put the box into standby when going to bed it wont allow me without stopping the recording. Is there a way I can set the box to go to standby once the recording is completed.

Related to this - if I set a shutdown time in the settings of say 2am will the box go standby at this time even if it is in mid record?
    Top row of buttons on the remote one is marked as sleep
    Press repeatedly to select how many mins before shutdown

Scratch that does not seem to work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

thevaper wrote: »
    still looking for a second box and came across an evo enfinity mips based processor running vix or open tv on lavatronics for 79 sterling
    anyone any info on these

Looks a nice box .
    It has a 750Mhz Broadcom cpu ,256Mb of Flash memory and 256Mb of Ram so its a decent spec .
    It runs Openatv images (same as Vix basically) among others so has good support.

Similar spec single tuner receivers would be the Xpeed LX1 and the Vu+ Zero ,both of which cost around 135 euro delivered.

Quick question for those who have a wireless adapter for AA2.
    To get a 4G reception my wired/wireless router has to be away from the tv so I am going to buy a wireless adaptor for my AA2 to connect to the internet.

I also have a zytel 320 NAS which is wired only. I would also like to keep this beside the TV instead of moving or cabling it upstairs where the router has to be located.

I can set static IPs on the NICS and connect the NAS directly to the AA2 in order to play movies but my question is can i simultaneously have the wireless adapter active on a different subnet with a gateway for web access and updating the EPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

AlanG wrote: »
    Quick question for those who have a wireless adapter for AA2.
    To get a 4G reception my wired/wireless router has to be away from the tv so I am going to buy a wireless adaptor for my AA2 to connect to the internet.

I also have a zytel 320 NAS which is wired only. I would also like to keep this beside the TV instead of moving or cabling it upstairs where the router has to be located.

I can set static IPs on the NICS and connect the NAS directly to the AA2 in order to play movies but my question is can i simultaneously have the wireless adapter active on a different subnet with a gateway for web access and updating the EPG?

Have you successfully connected and accessed the NAS from the AA2 with a Cable? I would imagine a crossover ethernet cable would be required for this part of the setup. If the network setup configuration allows wired and wireless simultaneously, then it should work, you might not even need different subnets, but don't expect the AA2 to bridge the NAS to the rest of your network, which turns a 300€ NAS. into an expensive HDD. EDIT. It might be easier to just get a wireless receiver/extender with a couple of ethernet ports, plug in and connect the NAS. and AA2 it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Can anyone guide me in the right direction. Im looking for a list of spark plugins. I have none on my Amiko ALien 2 triple plus at the moment.

I did download a rared file with plugins and as the instructions requested i deleted the apps that were all ready installed. However when i transferred them on to a memory stick and inserted on to the box they were not recognised. Its prob that the usb stick was not read by the box. I have few at work and i also ordered a few different sizes and brands on ebay.

I cannot for the life of me find the folder that i downloaded. I have come across some download links on other forums but they are either dead links or else i need to have a minimum post count before i can download. I dont want to be spamming the forums just to get access.

I will need what ever plugins are required to flash a new enigma2 build (Prob Fresh pots Hyperion)

Can anyone guide me in the right direction. Im looking for a list of spark plugins. I have none on my Amiko ALien 2 triple plus at the moment.

I did download a rared file with plugins and as the instructions requested i deleted the apps that were all ready installed. However when i transferred them on to a memory stick and inserted on to the box they were not recognised. Its prob that the usb stick was not read by the box. I have few at work and i also ordered a few different sizes and brands on ebay.

I cannot for the life of me find the folder that i downloaded. I have come across some download links on other forums but they are either dead links or else i need to have a minimum post count before i can download. I dont want to be spamming the forums just to get access.

I will need what ever plugins are required to flash a new enigma2 build (Prob Fresh pots Hyperion)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkgoou32yt7gerx/plugin_24_11_2013.rar?dl=0
    After unzipping
    Put them in Single folder called plugin on the root of the USB not a folder within a folder you know what I mean

Hey Nowso I noticed you dropbox link for plugins is giving an error 404 on your post #03 in the start of the thread

Must have changed since and cant edit it

Here is the upto date Spark Utilitys Link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Must have changed since and cant edit it

Here is the upto date Spark Utilitys Link

Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Thats fantastic, Thanks Guys.

Il try again tomorrow when im of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭Joeface

So after 2 months of owning , My Sab Unix gave me an updated 1.2.74 , but cannot find what the changelog . Good news is my Tv wall and Icons all started working after it. I am just wondering what else changed

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Hi lads,

When I use the spark version on my amiko alien 2+ I am constantly getting subtitles appearing on each channel. If i turn them off by pressing the yellow text button and scrolling to Subtitles=>off, they still appear after a while or if I change channel.

Is there any work around for this bug? Its really annoying!

yes go to system , basic settings , language settings , and then change subtitle display to Manual

• Advertisement

That has worked, Thank you Nowso! brilliant. :D

Newly Updated 28.2 Channel Database etc

Spark Utilities

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickydee

Hi guys, sorry if this has being answered already in a previous thread, but i have an Amiko alien 2+ running on the basic Spark.
    I tuned in all the freesat channels on 28.2 and Irish FTA and they work great, the problem is when i power off the box at the mains and turn back on, all the channels are gone! Just get a error window? I have to power off and on to get them to return . Is this normal guys ?

that is caused by saorview rte1+1 or rte junior

if the box on spark tunes into one of the soarviews/ british freeview channels thats not broadcasting at the time error comes up and you need to reboot

its the main spark error

remove the channels or dont go on them when there not on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickydee

that is caused by saorview rte1+1 or rte junior

if the box on spark tunes into one of the soarviews/ british freeview channels thats not broadcasting at the time error comes up and you need to reboot

its the main spark error

remove the channels or dont go on them when there not on

Cheers for the reply, i will give that a try. Thanks again.

I accidentally turned off the enigma2 plug in using spark. Now i cant get the epg for the uk channels. When i navigate through the setup it now has a red dot instead of the green play icon. I try turn it back on by pressing ok but it just goes to the crossepg folder, c drive etc and it never turns back on.

Only other option is the start osd by pressing the red button.

Anyone any ideas to get this epg restarted on spark? at the moment all the uk channels show "no info".

Thanks for any help.

epg in spark use the in built one not the plugin if its faulty delete it

hit the epg button and then the f1 button and use that

If i hit the f1 button it brings up configuration and a list of folders?

I had it working with full 7 day epg on uk and irish channels but I know if i can get this file to turn on it will work again.

I went to menu=>plug ins=< and in there there is a file called "plugin_enigma2.s" <= this is the file which now has a red dot instead of a green play icon.

I tried to turn it back on again but it wont allow me as anytime i click on "ok to start plug in", it brings me to a screen which says update enigma2. If i press ok to this it gives me a list of folders on the c drive...crossepg etc etc. It gives a red b utton for "select" in this screen but if I select it or press ok nothing happens and the plug in still is disabled.

Any ideas how to get this turned back on ?

id delete the broken plugins And then reboot . u can reload the plugins if u wish

id even try to reload the latest firmware

• Advertisement

id delete the broken plugins And then reboot . u can reload the plugins if u wish

id even try to reload the latest firmware

Thanks Nowso, got it sorted.

Only problem im having now on Spark is that the recordings seem to not be working properly.

I can record a program and it activates and appears as recording with a little small icon on the screen but when i search folder=>all/or any other folder, there is nothing showing up?

Any ideas on this issue? Im using a 1tb usb external HD (think its usb 3.0).

File system is FAT32. Should it be ntfs?

Advertisement