Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Certainly ntfs if not ext3 - there is a format option in spark

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Thanks a mill Nowso, ntfs sorted it.

Everything now working fine on spark.

Will we ever get a cool guide for spark? :)

It'd be great if we could change up the skin like on enigma2 but hopefully this will be the case sometime in the future.

Thanks again.

you wont get any frills on spark now

but its steady and has the best picture and recording

try setting up ext2 on your hdd in the future as it dont slow down as much with a lot of recordings on

281 on my channel list is sly box office hd . some people may have sum mania on it at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Just realised spark not picking up bbc three or bbc four.

Is there any way to manually scan for channels.

I've tried through terrestrial=>manual =>scan/edit scan etc. but its not picking up anything when I edit the scan list and enter the frequency manually (not sure if im doing this exactly correct either).

Any tips ?

Just realised spark not picking up bbc three or bbc four.

Is there any way to manually scan for channels.

I've tried through terrestrial=>manual =>scan/edit scan etc. but its not picking up anything when I edit the scan list and enter the frequency manually (not sure if im doing this exactly correct either).

Any tips ?

you tuned it b4 7pm when they were not transmitting

load my channel list there all on it

• Advertisement

New Spark 1.2.75 released a couple of weeks ago only spotted it now

one of the fast scans for Canal Digital fixed

and nor flash memory update among whatever else so seems like worth loading for the nor flash update alone

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Nowso wrote: »
    New Spark 1.2.75 released a couple of weeks ago only spotted it now

one of the fast scans for Canal Digital fixed

and nor flash memory update among whatever else so seems like worth loading for the nor flash update alone

Is it on the menu yet or are you taking it from the amiko site? Hadn't seen a change log for it, will be interested to hear if the NOR update will improve boot times.

Fyi below on some potential issues noted on the sparkfans forum but there only seems to be gripes there these days.

http://sparkfans.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45048

seem problems with all updates - ill give this 1.2.75 a go for a while anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

seem problems with all updates - ill give this 1.2.75 a go for a while anyway
    Updated mine last week or so
    must say did not notice anything different with the update but that would not be unusual for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I'll put it on at the weekend

• Advertisement

its on the menu got a message but never spotted it

simply done

One thing ive noticed with the new firmware is the network streaming from my hdd to my laptop is faster and lot less buffering

very good improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nickydee

Guys can anybody recommend a stable image for my Amiko Alien 2+
    I have tried the Atv image that came preinstalled with the unit, but had no joy with that one. Then yesterday i put the Vix4 image on, but im unable to view the Irish channels?
    Maybe its just my lack of knowledge in this area. If anyone could give me a dig out it would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Nickydee wrote: »
    Guys can anybody recommend a stable image for my Amiko Alien 2+
    I have tried the Atv image that came preinstalled with the unit, but had no joy with that one. Then yesterday i put the Vix4 image on, but im unable to view the Irish channels?
    Maybe its just my lack of knowledge in this area. If anyone could give me a dig out it would be greatly appreciated.

Wrong thread mate

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057246289/283/#post94953140

Newly updated Spark Astra 28.2 Database based on the new 1.2.75 firmware for the Amiko Alien 2 and other Utilities all in my Spark Utilities

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Need help here.
    Have set up the receiver, but can't seem to watch one channel while recording another.
    Have separate cables coming from LNB to the tuners, so that's not an issue.
    No or Bad Signal error message come s up when I try

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Need help here.
    Have set up the receiver, but can't seem to watch one channel while recording another.
    Have separate cables coming from LNB to the tuners, so that's not an issue.
    No or Bad Signal error message come s up when I try

Check that one tuner is not set as loopthrough to the other, if this is so then the second tuner will not be sending control signals to it's LNB. If they are both tuned to astra28.2, or one is set to b= c, then check reception with each cable in turn on a single tuner to test cable continuity and LNB function.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

deezell wrote: »
    Check that one tuner is not set as loopthrough to the other, if this is so then the second tuner will not be sending control signals to it's LNB. If they are both tuned to astra28.2, or one is set to b= c, then check reception with each cable in turn on a single tuner to test cable continuity and LNB function.

Thanks for your reply.
    OK, so the two tuners are separated, so I presume there is no loopthrough. Either cable will work on tuner 1 but not on tuner 2. So it probably isn't the lnb.
    I am a complete novice at this but went into the Satellite settings and here is what's there...

Satellite. Astra 2A/2B/2D(28.2.E)
    Longitude. 28.2
    Tuner Select Tuner 1
    Connection Type. Separated
    TP 10729/22000/V
    LNB. Uni(9750/10600)
    22Khz. Auto
    12V. On
    DiSEqC1.0. Off
    DiSEqC1.1. Off
    Power. 13/18

And for Tuner 2

Satellite. Astra 2A/2B/2D(28.2.E)
    Longitude. 28.2
    Tuner Select Tuner 2
    Connection Type. Separated
    TP 10729/22000/V
    LNB. Uni(9750/10600)
    22Khz. Auto
    12V. On
    DiSEqC1.0. A
    DiSEqC1.1. Off
    Power. 13/18

On the two bars below this screen, Tuner 1 is reading L 86 and Q 77 and Tuner 2 is reading L 86 andQ 0

If anyone can make sense of that and can point me in the right direction, I really appreciate it

Thanks for your reply.
    OK, so the two tuners are separated, so I presume there is no loopthrough. Either cable will work on tuner 1 but not on tuner 2. So it probably isn't the lnb.
    I am a complete novice at this but went into the Satellite settings and here is what's there...

Satellite. Astra 2............

On the two bars below this screen, Tuner 1 is reading L 86 and Q 77 and Tuner 2 is reading L 86 andQ 0

If anyone can make sense of that and can point me in the right direction, I really appreciate it

Set tuner C or 2 connection Type C=B, it's likely that only tuner B or 1 is scanned and tuned, so C can't receive anything. C=B shares the tuning information. Set the connection type then test each tuner in turn with a single feed. Notice tuner 2 is showing L, level 86 but Q, quality, is 0, indicating nothing tuned on this Transponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭Joeface

Is it possible to add just additional one single sat channel,

Like one would do when adding other channels in sky

• Advertisement

yes you can add a channel on a transponder or do a transponder search i will do and updated Channel list later in the week

Spark 28.2 - Fully updated Channel List - New Channel and Transponder Changes

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solovei72

Hi
    I would like to ask can someone to confirm if the CrossEPG is working fine for all 7 day now in the Spark, since I have the box nearly two year it never work as it should be, now at the moment I try to fresh install spark from rescue till latest update and just i wish to know if is working with no issue ?
    Thank you.

i just formated my disk the other day and its a bit tricky - so just did a manul download n it worked

but up untill then set it to download at 7am or whatever and it works fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

solovei72 wrote: »
    Hi
    I would like to ask can someone to confirm if the CrossEPG is working fine for all 7 day now in the Spark, since I have the box nearly two year it never work as it should be, now at the moment I try to fresh install spark from rescue till latest update and just i wish to know if is working with no issue ?
    Thank you.
    Spark is a piece of sh1t, it's just short of a disgrace they can get away with putting that sh1te on a box and get away with selling it.

3 years later and still,

Epg doesn't work right
    recording doesn't work right
    Stop on a Channel before it starts broadcasting (eg RTE +1) and you have to restart the Box

Theirs others...I'd have to turn the disaster of a yoke on for a minute to remember.

Edit: Put it on there, Descriptive Audio is on CH4 HD there. Turning off subtitles in the Menu and Onscreen and it's still there. Ugh, POS.

Spark is a piece of sh1t, it's just short of a disgrace they can get away with putting that sh1te on a box and get away with selling it.

3 years later and still,

Epg doesn't work right
    Stop on a Channel before it starts broadcasting (eg RTE +1) and you have to restart the Box

Theirs others...I'd have to turn the disaster of a yoke on for a minute to remember.

Edit: Put it on there, Descriptive Audio is on CH4 HD there. Turning off subtitles in the Menu and Onscreen and it's still there. Ugh, POS.

epg does work

recording works perfect

the pictures good

the audio discription just needs turning off

and a lot less issues than most enigma 2

3 years later and still,

Epg doesn't work right

Oh dear, you really didn't get on did you? Just been watching CH4. HD and the descriptive audio was on also, and I'm on Hyperion enigma. Just press red button for audio and change from NARrative to Audio 2, which seems to also change from mp3 to AAC with a change of volume. Spark is not great alright, the RTE1+1 and no channel list on 7 day epg mode was a dealbreaker, my old Edision can do that on terrestrial channels so you can quickly compare what's on.

there is full 7 day epg on spark works well

there is full 7 day epg on spark works well

Record two things on the same channel one after the other and see what happens.

Cancel a recording and see what happens.

Are you clicking into every channel to get the epg to populate?

• Advertisement

the audio discription just needs turning off
    What do you turn off, I clicked on every option and shes still telling me whats going on...

Advertisement