Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Nowso wrote: »
    there is full 7 day epg on spark works well

Yes, but the view is one channel at a time, without the channel list in a sidebar. From memory, you could only have now next and the channel list at the same time, on full you could the whole days programs, with a top bar to select day but no choice of channel, you had to exit, change channel then back to full day view. I commented on this before prior to going enigma and changing thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

you can change the channel in the full day listings by hitting the blue button and select what other channel you wish to change it to

or the yellow to set to record anything in the 7 day schedule

you can change the channel in the full day listings by hitting the blue button and select what other channel you wish to change it to

or the yellow to set to record anything in the 7 day schedule

That's it, it's just not slick, what you want it to be able to use the arrows to scroll up/ down the channel list and see the corresponding full day epg.

it could be better - but for me spark suits me fine as i want to watch and record tv . i use it a lot for recordings on my Greyhound racing Video Channel

if others wants other bits and bobs that you rarely use thats upto them. i have had different images up and running but dont boot into enigma2 any more really

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solovei72

Nowso, yes it could be better but EPG it should be working fine with no issue, specifically after fresh new reinstalling and upgrade to the last version, I practice couple day the last version of OpenATV is OK, but my family prefer Spark GUI, and search button on remote control.
    OpenATV doesn't have it.
    Saturday I did fresh instal everything after rescue, then download latest 28.2 database from here only one satellite and after that in setting I change setup to satellite, GMT Offset 00:00 summer time ON download to Samsung hard drive, NTFS format and what :( all EPG is downloaded but was wrong time it show a movie tittle which already was or it will after that.
    I see more people replay to this issue I will do tonight a short video from first step till last step with results and then to see with all forum members where is the mistake and why is not working properly.
    In mean time as you say Nowso I setup at 11:00 to download EPG still no success today we have 27/04/15 and if I checked GrossEPG folder through FTP there is 25/04/15 and of course delete GrossEPG folder and reboot before new download. Still no success.

• Advertisement

ill have new channel update later

use the inbuilt epg and not the epg in plugins

i prefer to have the +1 underneath the realtime channel

mine was a bit funny but working perfect again now

i have 3 selections selected

in the xmltv - rytec- uk

in the open skyuk astra 28.2

in xepgdp - krakadoni sky uk

try change the time of the download

in the menu try force csv import now

and then do a manual download - by hitting download now

see how it goes then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I tried loading this on a Golden Media Triplex Nowso but it says its invalid .
    Will it only work on the Alien 2 ?

Previous channel lists I used were .xml format and worked on the Alien 2,Triplex and Alien 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solovei72

ill have new channel update later

use the inbuilt epg and not the epg in plugins

i prefer to have the +1 underneath the realtime channel

mine was a bit funny but working perfect again now

i have 3 selections selected

in the xmltv - rytec- uk

in the open skyuk astra 28.2

in xepgdp - krakadoni sky uk

try change the time of the download

in the menu try force csv import now

and then do a manual download - by hitting download now

see how it goes then

Yes I have updated all channels today
    Yes I do use inbuilt EPG
    I did change as you say to +1
    I select all 3 as per above instruction
    I select in menu CSV import now
    And then I did manual download on Samsung hard drive
    and of course exactlly as before then I try to download internal EPG even more worst
    db size:18 bytes
    Total size:66bytes
    Channels count: 0
    Events count:0
    Hashes count: 0

I think selecting all three (xmlttv, open, xepgdp) not the best idea, then i select only xmltv still 0 bytes at the end, after that I try open 28.2 alone, exactly the same result, and the last one option from krakadoni sky uk also 0 bytes.

i tried loading it on a Alien 1 and it wouldnt work

is there an updated firmware version on the golden media

did the tp carries the epg chage fec ? as a lot have

• Advertisement

extract the zip to db folder with appdbb and version .xml in it

New Spark Update 1.2.76 out the other day

going to load it in a while and give it a go

its not available on the 8900 / alien 1

so must be terrestrial related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

New Spark Update 1.2.76 out the other day

going to load it in a while and give it a go

its not available on the 8900 / alien 1

so must be terrestrial related

Bet all they did was change the 5 to a 6.

there must have been a reason for it - no changelog so far

looks ok so far

Release Notes for v1.2.76 (Alien 2 / Alien 2+ only):
    Fixes:
    - Fixed an issue causing certain cards to fail to initialize in Amiko Alien 2 & Alien 2+

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

The only fix I'd like to see in Spark is manual triggering of timeshift via the button on the remote, I don't leave it on permanently and going in and out of the menu is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Has anyone a nas mounted hard disk?
    I used to have one but when I updated the spark software, the disk is marked as inactive, and any time I try activate it it fails.
    several other computers mount the nfs shares no bother.

Has anyone a nas mounted hard disk?
    I used to have one but when I updated the spark software, the disk is marked as inactive, and any time I try activate it it fails.
    several other computers mount the nfs shares no bother.

if theres an issue on 1.2.76 go back to 1,2.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Release Notes for v1.2.76 (Alien 2 / Alien 2+ only):
    Fixes:
    - Fixed an issue causing certain cards to fail to initialize in Amiko Alien 2 & Alien 2+
    Press mute, leave for 5 minutes....and you can't inmute. Have to change channel.

This is what they should be fixing.

Press mute, leave for 5 minutes....and you can't inmute. Have to change channel.

This is what they should be fixing.
    mute is a little annoying . one fix is to mute the tv instead of the box lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I used to be able to use the android app "play to" to cast from my phone to Spark but not having done so in a while it seems to not be working anymore. Anyone any experience fixing this?

Use the spark app and Stream it using vlc -Just tested it here and the golf is playing fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi,

I tried searching through the entire thread but cannot find the amasser.

How does the naming convention for picions work.

In enigma2 it's easy enough to work out. It's the service id, but as far as I'm aware spark doesn't use the bouquets the same as enigma2.

Cheers.

EDIT: I found the naming convention thanks.

i am doing an updated channel list in a day or 2

If you get a set of Picons set up can u link them up on here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

A consistent set of picons for the Saorview channels would be nice... I've searched a lot but have yet to find one for RTE 1+1.

Flex

A consistent set of picons for the Saorview channels would be nice... I've searched a lot but have yet to find one for RTE 1+1.

Flex

There's one in here.
    http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/dwpicons.zip

Well thanks for the link but there aren't any RTE1 + 1 or RTE 1 HD picons in there.

I assume that collection was made by someone from the UK where you can't receive these channels and in HD. Not sure that I like the dark background in that set either unless they're meant to look better that way in the EPG.

Flex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Well thanks for the link but there aren't any RTE1 + 1 or RTE 1 HD picons in there.

I assume that collection was made by someone from the UK where you can't receive these channels and in HD. Not sure that I like the dark background in that set either unless they're meant to look better that way in the EPG.

Flex
    saorview picons
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eur80ksvjcxc0ul/Saorviewpicons.zip?dl=0

Or complete set of picons including saorview with a few different rte picons
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ukrdeypiei39hu/picons%20%282%29.7z?dl=0

Flex
    Your'e right, sorry. Heres rte1+1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6g0my7d3gc51u2/1_0_16_83F_3EA_2174_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png?dl=0

• Advertisement

Thanks for the picons gents.... just sayin' though that the Saorview picons are not consistent in terms of visual look or whatever with the Satellite channel picons, some Saorviews have different backgrounds, some have framed edges.

I like the 'complete set' in Technofobes second link. The channel names have a clear stand-out font, most of the time, however the Saorview ones jar in comparison because I guess someone else made them and just added them in.

I suppose I could teach myself Paint Shop Pro or whatever and try to make my own that fit in with the others.

Flex

Advertisement