Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

no they are only for spark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

have u got e2 ones

no i dont use e2

I have looked through the thread but can't find the answer to my problem, which is about accessing the files on my NAS. I have a NAS, the address being (on my network) 192.168.1.12 and the share is called "media". I have tried various ways - NFS, CIFS (the latter at least let's me input the username and password for the NAS) have tried the full IP address, and combinations of \\media, //media etc, but cannot get the NAS to become active. I realise I am probably doing something stupid, or not doing something that's obvious to one of you guys, but would appreciate any help in getting access to the videos etc I have on the NAS.

Thanks in advance...

Spark Update 28.2 on 1.2.78 firmware

Added Setanta and Premier Sport Hd and tidied other channels

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Advertisement

I have looked through the thread but can't find the answer to my problem, which is about accessing the files on my NAS. I have a NAS, the address being (on my network) 192.168.1.12 and the share is called "media". I have tried various ways - NFS, CIFS (the latter at least let's me input the username and password for the NAS) have tried the full IP address, and combinations of \\media, //media etc, but cannot get the NAS to become active. I realise I am probably doing something stupid, or not doing something that's obvious to one of you guys, but would appreciate any help in getting access to the videos etc I have on the NAS.

Thanks in advance...
    did u read this , u need to register to view the info

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-9775.html?

Nowso wrote: »
    did u read this , u need to register to view the info

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-9775.html?

Thank you, have registered and am awaiting my confirmation email. Thanks again

New Updated database 28.2 on firmware 1.2.78

added btsport extra 2 - 5 and property + 2

Gone Back to Firmware Version 1.2.75 as with the 1.2.78 when recording one sd channel hd channels wont Play

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Hi. I've been using Enigma for the 6 months and while very good I've found it very unstable. So I'm giving Spark a try. So far its better than I expected. I have it setup now (thanks Nowso for the db) but have a few issues. Firstly, when I record onto my attached ntfs formatted hd it divides the recording after 2gb. Any idea where I can stop this? I transfer my recordings to watch on a mobile device so I need them as one mpeg2. Also, I notice some of the channels e.g. Film4, 4seven have only now and next. I have selected the 3 providers suggested by Nowso - am I missing something? All ok for terestrial and bbc1, c4 etc. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Hello,

That happened to me also when I formatted my USB hard drive in NTFS so I formatted as EXT3 instead. You can do that from within Spark or use separate disk formatting software like Easeus Partition Master.

You may have to re-scan those channels not giving a 7 day epg..

Flex

re the 7 day epg - i Now only use the Open tv sky astra 28.2 one and it works in a very short time

the 2gb issue is a bit annoying but its a Matter of copying over the 1 file in the same folder

i now have mine formatted to ext3 . moving files from it can be awkward i use ext2fsd on my laptop to solve this

next channel database update will be tuesday

Thanks Flex. I'll try format in ext3 and see what happens. I've downloaded a full epg list again and still the same. When you say re-scan I take it you are just saying do a full download again?

Thanks Nowso also. I'll google ext2fsd

... i now have mine formatted to ext3 . moving files from it can be awkward i use ext2fsd on my laptop to solve this

This is one of the main reasons I switched to enigma2 (PKT Hyperion).

With an enigma2 image you can install the Samba plugin which lets you view recordings that are stored on the usb key attached to the Alien2 directly from your windows PC. Files/recordings can be moved, copied, played directly e.g on your laptop across your network.
    When you say re-scan I take it you are just saying do a full download again?

I'm not sure really what your problem is there. But maybe trying to re-tune Film4 might help. Ideally you should be able to do that yourself as channel frequencies can change quite often. NOWSO also makes freshly scanned channel lists available to download.

Flex

I liked engma but there was too much handholding. It got to the stage I was checking on it twice a day to see if it was ok!!!

I can access/copy the files on the attached hd through spark by mapping a new drive in windows and putting in the ip address etc. That part works perfectly its just the file splitting. If the ext3 does not work I can aways run a tool to combine them back into one - I think I remember using one years ago.

if you copy both over you can run the next file after it . you can combine and edit into 1 if needed

Using EXT3 will stop them splitting but because EXT is a Unix based filesystem not compatible with Windows you won't be able to view the recordings any longer from a Windows PC by mapping a network drive. If you plan on sticking with Spark then that ext2fsd program Nowso suggested will allow you to copy the recordings off the key once you've plugged the key out of Alien2 and in to your PC.

Personally I think that's hassle and with Spark in general you are missing out on one of the coolest features of having an Alien2.. streaming live TV and recordings from the Alien2 to any device (e.g: laptop or smartphone) anywhere in the house. In fact to anywhere in the world if you had fast enough broadband.

I've used the same PKT Hyperion (v4) for over a year now. It doesn't ever give me trouble. Just once every six months or so I re-scan the channels due to frequency changes.

Flex

once every 6 months you will loose a lor of channels waiting that long

Hi. I've been using Enigma for the 6 months and while very good I've found it very unstable. So I'm giving Spark a try. So far its better than I expected. I have it setup now (thanks Nowso for the db) but have a few issues. Firstly, when I record onto my attached ntfs formatted hd it divides the recording after 2gb. Any idea where I can stop this? I transfer my recordings to watch on a mobile device so I need them as one mpeg2. Also, I notice some of the channels e.g. Film4, 4seven have only now and next. I have selected the 3 providers suggested by Nowso - am I missing something? All ok for terestrial and bbc1, c4 etc. Thanks.

i reloaded my epg wih the 3 i told you before and it loaded fine all back to 7 days . when you tune in new stations etc it can effect the epg

Thanks all for your help. EPG now back up and running. For the split files I found you can just do a copy /B in windows to recombine - extra step but it works.

Is there a way to schedule a reboot in SPARK? I putty'd to the box but could not find a crontab etc. I'm starting to get the issues I got with Enigma - black screens on all channels until I do a reboot. It looks like it may be the AA2 box rather than the OS's now :(

• Advertisement

theres not a set way i know of Just reboot regularly enough and it will be fine

it night be the firmware on spark ive gone back to 1.2.75 i find it most stable

whats the /b combine command ? how do you use it

From a windows command prompt you can merge 2 more more binary files which includes the MPeg2 TS files created by SPARK. The syntax is below. It works better than some commercial programs I've tried.

copy /b file1.ts + file1.001 combined.ts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Excuse my ignorance but what does this do?

its has encryption codes used for different satellites stations and feeds ie biss codes etc

I just noticed that my record timers did not work for today. Every morning I normally see the crossepg downloaded screen where I then exit and switch off the box. However I was not there this morning to do that and the box was on rte1 with the crossepg downloaded msg still up. It did not record my e4 recordings later in the day. A few questions:

Can spark not record from a sat channel if a saorview channel is being viewed?
    Is there a way to shutdown the box after the nightly epg download?
    Is there a way to force a channel change if a timer needs it?

Thanks.

It can record a saorview when on sat if you are in the sat or vice versa if you have all channels selected and not just satellite or saorview on its own

to do this hit ok , hit the left arrow until u get to the all fav sat a-z provider etc list and then select a channel

or if you hit the tv radio button twice , when you come back to tv you are in all channel mode

2 you can set a channel to change , go onto epg like you are going to set a recording . hit yellow for timer and select change service rather than epg timer

New Channel list due to Bt Sports Hd and a couple of other movements

on spark 1.2.75 astra 28.2

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

New Channel list due to Bt Sports Hd and a couple of other movements

on spark 1.2.75 astra 28.2

Thanks again, anyway of getting TV3 HD working?

• Advertisement

jspuds wrote: »
    Thanks again, anyway of getting TV3 HD working?

not yet no u need a sky hd sub

Advertisement