Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Ok thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Just got a Message on My screen - New Spark 1.2.80 released improved youtube and teleprom support

just loading it now to give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Can anyone confirm for me if Spark can use EXT4? I tried a HDD with this format and Spark couldn't "see" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

Can anyone confirm for me if Spark can use EXT4? I tried a HDD with this format and Spark couldn't "see" it.

Not in my experience. Had to use ext3.

3e has moved ill do another update tuesday as there will be other changes

• Advertisement

the configdir for the the newest versions of a certain plugin has changed from var/keys to var/tuxbox/config which clashes with the old plugins . the format needed for them is slightly different so you need to use one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Hi. Is there any way apart from temporarily disabling the crossepg downloader to allow scheduled timer recordings to work after it runs? If I'm not there in the morning to exit from the crossepg update complete screen none of my recordings will work that day. Very frustrating. Thanks.

disable it and do it manually it dont even take a minute when only using open tv

its not essential to do it every day really

Have come across an issue even though both tuners are connected, when streaming TV it changes the channel on the TV to the streamed channel and if you change the channel on the box directly it drops the stream. Was hoping to stream live TV and watch something on another channel, from what I remember could do this with Enigma.

Anybody else notice this or is it something I'm doing wrong?

i think that is draw back with the streaming server

you can stream recordings to your box if you go into the network tab in windows explorer when both on the same network, works better when watching free to air

• Advertisement

Updated Channel List on Astra 28.2 - on spark 1.2.80

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

amc + 3e updated

Another Update Channel List Spark 28.2 on Spark 1.2.80

Bt sports 1,2+Europe hd Moved again

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Nowso

How do I update the channel list. I expected 5 xml files. Am I getting it wrong..

thx

Update instructions from earlier in the thread
    Nowso wrote: »
    Here load database that way

no its just an appdatabase zip file and a version .xml in the db folder . ill update another one later in the week

i didnt add saorview as the Frequencies differ so Much

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Thx jspuds

Thought it was just a screen shot. Had to update flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Hi i've just switched out the arrival 250 with the Amiko Alien2 running spark.

It's for the parents so trying to keep it simple. I've noticed a few times today, where the box just freezes as you change over or you get an error message and have to reboot. Also I tried the cross epg but when I hit download now, it stops at 195kb and freezes.

Any ideas?

an upgrade i made over a year ago

the error thing happens on soarview on spark with Rtejunior/Rte1+1 when there not transmitting

Best maybe delete them +1 will be on sky soon

re Epg i only use open tv with sky 28 - have it set to hdd/usb and not internal flash

if you have any other issues a reboot and or delete the files in the epg folder and a reload should sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

cheers

Changed to a New Modem Over a week ago and all of a sudden spark would not connect via wifi
    a bit of a strange one
    took over a week but i sorted out what was the issue was

the ssid of the New router was extended and had a space in between 2 parts of the name

i deleted the extended part of the ssid and tried again and everything then worked again

its another strange issue ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Changed to a New Modem Over a week ago and all of a sudden spark would not connect via wifi
    a bit of a strange one
    took over a week but i sorted out what was the issue was

the ssid of the New router was extended and had a space in between 2 parts of the name

i deleted the extended part of the ssid and tried again and everything then worked again

its another strange issue ,

That's the kind of thing that'll break your heart.

you tend to get more of them with enigma

when you dont use spark for a while you see the difference in picture quality when you use it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

you tend to get more of them with enigma

Are you having a laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

hallo dare wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh?

HAHA,
    Spark = Skoda, reliable, plain, boring, limited.
    Enigma = Alfa Romeo, Tempramental, Stylish, Exciting, Satisfying

Sorry Nowso.

spark better picture quality by far . less crashes , thats more important than a lot of other add ons to some people

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bubric

Can anyone in this thread help I'm trying to setup my new alien 2+ but can't connect to network either wired thru powerline adapter or wifi it finds available wifi networks but won't accept password?? Any help appreciated???

ive posted on another thread , your using enigma and this is spark thread . you need to see what encryption ie wpa2 etc your router is using and select that in the encrpyption part of the newtork wizard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

deezell wrote: »
    HAHA,
    Spark = Skoda, reliable, plain, boring, limited.
    Enigma = Alfa Romeo, Tempramental, Stylish, Exciting, Satisfying

Sorry Nowso.

Alfa what?? Wagons.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

spark better picture quality by far . less crashes , thats more important than a lot of other add ons to some people

If the user has it set up correctly very little to go wrong with enigma.

I can't even remember the last time I had a crash with it to be honest. If something doesn't run as it should, it's usually been changed by user or external reasons( cables out, internet down,box not plugged in etc)

• Advertisement

Newly updated and expanded Spark 28.2 Channel list for amiko alien 2 on spark 1.2.80

and another user option updated also

Advertisement