Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Maybe I've missed it but is it possible with the amiko to run video to a second TV.

I've tried the scart and also red yellow white to second TV and can't get any video on it.first tv is on HDMI .

Am I missing something is this even possible any solution even coax?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it would be the same picture

the problem is the scart conection will not handle the hd picture the hdmi will

you would need to set the av settings to 576 and the picture quality would not be as good

• Registered Users Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nowso wrote: »
    it would be the same picture

the problem is the scart conection will not handle the hd picture the hdmi will

you would need to set the av settings to 576 and the picture quality would not be as good

Got it working over Scart,

Changed the AV settings to Scart and it ran both HDMI to 1st and Scart to 2nd TV.

Yes there was a reduction it pic quality but tbh its not huge. And its not for me, for a friend i dont think it bothers him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Hi. Just noticed that the times on one or two of my recordings seem to be way off. I set something to record for later in the week using the EPG. If I go into the timers I can see it there for say 10 mins before the start time to 15 minutes after the end. Perfect. On the night I notice it is still recording up to 2 hours after the show has finished and the timer finish time has passed. When I go back into timers I can see it greyed out as its in progress but the start + end times have moved. Has anyone seen this using Spark? Thanks.

programmes change due to delays in other news / sports programmes

did you set it to record before the clocks change

to change it you just turn summer time off

check your time settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Yep. Set before the clocks changed. That's probably it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

wrong thread

New Spark 28.2 Amiko Alien Channel list as of 6th November

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

New Spark 28.2 Amiko Alien Channel list as of 6th November

I said I'd give Spark a try tonight and I have ended up wiping all the channels I saved by scanning the wrong satellite.

Is it possible to import this directly file from the box or does it need to be scpd?

just Unzip the db file and load it like this

you then tune in saorview as there are so many diff frequencys for them

• Advertisement

just Unzip the db file and load it like this

you then tune in saorview as there are so many diff frequencys for them

Thanks. My upgrade button is Greyed out for some reason. I'll try rebooting tomorrow.
    Can you jog my memory on how to bread the terrestrial channels?

you have to select the version .xml in the db folder and then select upgrade there shoulld be a db folder with an appdb.rar and a version.xml dont unip the appdb.rar

a small usb formatted in fat rather than ntfs works best

go to install terrestrial install and u can select auto installation or if you know the frequencys for your area you can do the 2 of them 1 by 1 manually

you have to select the version .xml in the db folder and then select upgrade there shoulld be a db folder with an appdb.rar and a version.xml dont unip the appdb.rar

a small usb formatted in fat rather than ntfs works best

go to install terrestrial install and u can select auto installation or if you know the frequencys for your area you can do the 2 of them 1 by 1 manually

Got the terrestrial readied. Thx.

The problem with adding your satellite channels is my install option on the LHS is Greyed out so I cannot even get as far as selecting any files.
    The guy in the video is able to select the install option no problem.
    A reboot tomorrow might do the trick.

you might need to re do the soarview after the reload. you have to have the version.xml file selected

have you your spark firmware updated to version 1.2.80

you might need to re do the soarview after the reload. you have to have the version.xml file selected

have you your spark firmware updated to version 1.2.80

I can only select the following 3
    Basic
    Pvr
    Net setting

The upgrade option is not selectable.

Yeah I upgraded the version of spark to latest earier on.

the Pvr and upgrade only light up when ur usb is connected . so maybe a usb issue

the Pvr and upgrade only light up when ur usb is connected . so maybe a usb issue

Nice one. Got your channels imported. Great job to be fair.
    I only use the box for free to air so it's perfect.
    I added in the saorview channels but they are down the bottom of the EPG, how can I move them up to the top a again?

Spark picture seems clearer than e2, also the menu navigation is much snappier. The youtube app is very good too.
    I prefer the look of e2 though.
    It would be great if they could take the best of both and put it into 1 OS.

Edit: sorted, found the channel move option.

Using the File List, does anyone know how you can copy to\from USB to hard drive and vice versa?
    I can not see a move or copy option.

depends what your wanting to do . you can use ftp for some of those options

you can take out your usb put it in your laptop and put it back in the box and a few seconds later itl be mounted

the main issue with spark is the rte1+1 issue that if you go on when its not transmitting the box may crash n need to reboot

but the Picture qaulity is better has 7 day epg and if you wana try add other things theres details in my dropbox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Was back with Sky for a while as they gave me 5 months free. Deciding whether Spark or Enigma now again. Is the Spark 7 day epg still the same ie. channel by channel, rather then a list of all channels on screen at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Was back with Sky for a while as they gave me 5 months free. Deciding whether Spark or Enigma now again. Is the Spark 7 day epg still the same ie. channel by channel, rather then a list of all channels on screen at the same time?

It was always a list when you pressed epg button as far as I remember.

Go with Enigma.

Updated Spark 28.2 channel List

channel changes and another file update

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi Nowso

Any benefit from upgrading to the latest version of Oscam over version 10069 or is it better to leave it if working ok?

Thanks
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Hi there,

I have an Amiko Ailen 2 running spark, sometimes it won't power on, it just says boot on the LCD screen, and then the time 00:00 - the TV shows no connection to the box. It only happens sometimes, but when it does it could be hours before I can get it to come back, by plugging it out and back in a few times. I also noticed every so often it says "install" on the LCD screen.

Anyone any suggestions?

strange one sometimes if you reboot it can take a couple of minutes for it to reboot properly so give it a few minutes before you reboot

id try install or reinstall the lastest 1.2.80 firmware , i wont do any harm anyway

have you power saving mode in system/ basic / soumds like its in deep standby maybe

have you power saving mode in system/ basic / soumds like its in deep standby maybe

No it was off to being with. Thanks, might invest in a freesat box soon anyway

Cheers :D

Kurn wrote: »
    No it was off to being with. Thanks, might invest in a freesat box soon anyway

Cheers :D

freesat box would be a bit of a downgrade

you can just reset and reinstall , should be ok

freesat box would be a bit of a downgrade

you can just reset and reinstall , should be ok

Not really,, you see, this box is for my mother, having to retune the box, and having these kind of issues are not great, as I'm not here. But up to know it's worked fine.

Cheers

• Advertisement

i used one of them 4 that - - you can just load the channel list updates its not 2 much more 2 do

Advertisement