Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Ok i'll try that, does it make a difference if I format it in WIn95 FAT32, ext3 or NTFS?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

you want ext3 for enigma 2

Ok thanks I'll format that now and try again on enigma2, cheers..

Is dev/sd1 the external hard drive?

yeah looks right

• Advertisement

OK thanks

Formatted in Spark and it showed up in device information initially when I switched back to enigma2 which it had not previously. The I tried to initialise the device, same thing happened gets to 99% and timeout elapsed. Do you have to initialise the device to get it working ?

no need to i dont think it should mount itself when the box boots . reboot and just use it

EPG working perfect, storage working perfect & recording working perfect. Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Just noticed that C5 is not showing any epg data - not even now/next. I did a few downloads again, force reload etc. and all ok but C5. Anyone else notice this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭techdiver

Just noticed that C5 is not showing any epg data - not even now/next. I did a few downloads again, force reload etc. and all ok but C5. Anyone else notice this?

I've noticed a few channels alright that are missing EPG.

It might mean they have moved/transponder and will disappear soon. Probably need to rescan.

there is now 1 main C5 the others regions are closing .

the one on my channel list ch 31 has full epg there are 2 others that have none

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

rescan 10964 H 22000 DVB-S QPSK 5/6

My crossepg keeps freezing. I have it scheduled every 24 hours and every time it starts the process it freezes. Wasn't sure if I should disable the scheduled download?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Only select EIT and FreeSat, no need for the others.

Thanks mate, should I disable the scheduled download from now on in and do it manually? Even disabled, when I press EPG the box slows down or freezes.

all you need is astra 28.2 in opentv providers

you need to run cache flush. epg will slow it down a bit on most of them images thers a version 8 of them vix4e2 out now

I have cache flush alright, yeah the freezing and slow loading came when I start downloading the EPG's for sure. Is it easy to install the latest version of vix4e2? The version I have now was installed by guy in sat shop.

easy to flash just setting up the satellite etc is the hard part

spark runs well with epg and runs hd iptv streams better

Would like to use Spark but have no idea how to set up the other side of things, which I can't talk about on the forum. That's why i've stuck with Enigma2, as the guy set it up for me and the other thing.

I have a Ferguson Arriva up stairs, it's basic but it's so easy to use and solid. Amiko is so much much comprehensive but it's certainy a learning curve for me.

• Advertisement

disable your epg and just use it away

Do I disable the CrossEPG or EPG itself?

turn crossepg off you only need open tv /astra 28.2 and were downloading a lot of crap . that was edited in later version of vix4e2

I remove crossepg plugin and watching for about 15 mins and seemed bit better. I epg was still full, I presume it was full because the info was stored on the hard drive.

you can leave the plugin in / reload it just turn it off or try do it manually with turning the open tv provider 28.2 on

Ok will do, thanks

A curious thing is happening to me, when I go into my favorites and am flicking through the channels. If i click down/toward ITV HD in the menu in the Entertainment section... the box crashes and restarts. It's only that channel that it happens on, very odd.

Also, I deleted crosspeg because it was making box crash, yet I still have a 7 day epg even though i deleted the crossepg plugin. Could that be the information I downloaded before deleting the crossepg plugin that's still there?

you still might be set to download the epg

the channel might not still be on that frequency if you havnt updated you channels though auto bouqets maker lately run an automatic scan

I did an NIT scan and still crashes on ITV HD in menu.

• Advertisement

no an autobouqets maker scan not a channel scan

Advertisement