Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Oh ok sorry, is that as easy to do as an NIT scan?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

where u scanned go into bouqetmaker instead and scan in there

Did an autobouquet maker scan, selected Sky Republic Ireland SD. Autobouquets has changed a bit but still crashes when i try to select ITV HD.

you only need main bouqet on and maybe sections you can turn others off and delate all abm bouquets before you scan again . you can remove it from your list that way or via open webif edit bouqets

Selected just main and sections. How sure how to remove or edit bouquets. Would it be worth doing an automatic tuner scan to try get ITV HD back?

• Advertisement

it might still be there elsewhere

ITV HD is in teh Free to Air section and works fine. I can't delete the individual channel ITV HD on the Entertainment bouquet as it keeps crashing so i will have to delete the entire Entertainment bouquet, then maybe set it up again?

go on the ypur open webif on your laptop by goin onto your box ip

then go into bouqet editor in bottom right

you can go into entertainment delete the channel even add another

That's pretty cool thanks. If you tidy up the bouquet e.g. empty spaces, do they return you do an NIT scan?

Can you do many things from the open webif like updates etc or is it just basic operations?

shouldnt be empty spaces if bouqet maker works ok

• Advertisement

I went in OpenWeb, spent hours putting and sorting channels. And then they all just disappeared on both OpenWif and Amiko. Did NIT Scan and they came back, phew! That OpenWeb is fairly temperamental. If you move channels that's already within a channel marker, it just automatically puts them right back where they were. Had to delete channel marker first, edit & then add a channel marker.

Got things sorted. Just wondering after me switching and editing channels, if I do an NIT scan at some point... will the Autobouquets go back to the the previous way or will I still keep my edited changes?

download load a back up in bouqet editor

what version of vix 4 ex are you using

Info says VIX4E2 Version 1.0 Build: 007-blue.

How do I download a back up bouquet editor if you don't mind?

go into editor and export back up

version 2 .08 is now released

http://www.vix4.com/downloads/index.php?dir=Amiko%20Alien%202%2B/

might be worth updating if you have all your details saved annd do an image back up - try install the new version

Ok I have exported bouquets_backup.tar to my mac and laptop, thanks. As regards updating, which I would like to do. Do I have to save that onto a usb stick and plug into amiko & Will it change any of my current settings?

totally better leace it so

Oh ok, so it's not like a computer update that updates software but keeps your settings?

no its a fresh install

Ok I ll leave it, then incase I make a balls of it. Thanks anyways mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Having an issue on spark where if the box is put into standby after about 30secs in standby it goes to the install menu by itself (install comes up on the front display) and when the box is then powered up it displays the install menu onscreen but is froze and only a cold reboot gets it going. The only way ive found to avoid this is to put the box into deep standby but this takes too long to restart every time. Anyone experienced something similar?

• Advertisement

Heard it mentioned have you any spark plugin/ backup software on the Hdd you have attached ?

have you epg to install in false standy ?

are you on firmware version 1,2.80

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Nowso wrote: »
    Heard it mentioned have you any spark plugin/ backup software on the Hdd you have attached ?

have you epg to install in false standy ?

are you on firmware version 1,2.80

No backup just recordings and EPG data.
    No, scheduled download at 7am.
    Yes

are you using the plugin or the buit in epg by hitting epg and f1

how many providers are you downloading to your hdd / is there space on that

id clear out your epg on your hdd - and check there isnt epg saved onto your internal

you only need one provider selected in opentv select astra 28.2

if its causing problems at night disable it and do it my day it takes less than a minute

if it keeps havong issues you can reset factory default or load the rescue image and set it up clean again .

i did a clean reload the other day

Tried to reload my edited bouquet in openweb edito, as ITV was crashing my box with the original bouquet and the irish stations suddenly went missing, but now the box is on endless cycle of crashing.

I reloaded my bouquet, went to select RTE in the favorites menu and it crashed, now it's crashing as it is relaoding back to that station all the time.

if you can reboot and use is it just delete all bouqets and rescan the bouqets

I can't get into the bouquets to delete anything. The box is in an endless cycle of rebooting & can't get into Open Web to edit the bouquets.

you will need to boot into spark and flash a new enigma 2 image . ill send you a link of a back up to try load from spark in a bit

Ok thank you. Crap I knew something like this would happen, been having way too many issues.

sent you a dm there

• Advertisement

Using Spark now instead of Enigma2, trying to organise channels as there is a mass of channels. Is there something similar to Autobouquets on Spark? Tried to use auto channel list there but says download failed.

Advertisement