Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New Updated 28.2 Channel list on spark Firmware 1.2.83 on amiko alien 2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

Nowso wrote: »
    what were the issues ?

update your firmware

you need to install the Plugins that are in dropbox

then load a channel list thats in dropbox 2
    i will upload an slightly updated channel list in a few minutes irish channels have moved

We'll I was using enigma 2 but the screen kept going black and the box restarting so I changed to spark but I couldn't get the channels to work so I reset it hoping to start from fresh, I got as far as getting subtitles but no picture

Redman84 wrote: »
    We'll I was using enigma 2 but the screen kept going black and the box restarting so I changed to spark but I couldn't get the channels to work so I reset it hoping to start from fresh, I got as far as getting subtitles but no picture

read the items in my dropbox it should help

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Redman84

read the items in my dropbox it should help

Thanks man will do

Redman84 wrote: »
    Thanks man will do

any specific issues you can pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi Nowso

Do you mind me asking how you go about customising the channel numbers in Spark?
    I'm thinking about having a go at setting the channel numbers up like the Sky EPG as that is what the family are most familiar with, what do you think?

Thanks
    J

its not going to be worth it . you will need to change frequencys and transponders on every change . and there and be lots on some days

people are used to sky which is why people spend hours on bad enigma 2 images

its not going to be worth it . you will need to change frequencys and transponders on every change . and there and be lots on some days

people are used to sky which is why people spend hours on bad enigma 2 images

Ok fair enough thanks

yesterday i imported a new satellites.xml and made a newer channel list from it . then the epg would work so i had to go back to my old one

ill try and improve this one a bit in future instead , any specific ideas on minor changes , ill take suddestions .there will be a few change next week again

rte2 hd now not clearing on a new frequency

yesterday i imported a new satellites.xml and made a newer channel list from it . then the epg would work so i had to go back to my old one

ill try and improve this one a bit in future instead , any specific ideas on minor changes , ill take suddestions .there will be a few change next week again

• Advertisement

My suggestion would be not to put all the regional stations & HD together like 006 ITV HD, 007 UTV HD, 008 ITV etc as this tends to fill the EPG page list with the same programs, maybe its just me but I find i have to page down a lot to find channels that I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

yesterday i imported a new satellites.xml and made a newer channel list from it . then the epg would work so i had to go back to my old one .....
    Some XML maker sites don't include the data TP
    11778 V 27500 2/3
    so CrossEPG cant find it.

Some XML maker sites don't include the data TP
    11778 V 27500 2/3
    so CrossEPG cant find it.

right thanks

i didnt save a copy so ill have to work on the one i have

jspuds wrote: »
    My suggestion would be not to put all the regional stations & HD together like 006 ITV HD, 007 UTV HD, 008 ITV etc as this tends to fill the EPG page list with the same programs, maybe its just me but I find i have to page down a lot to find channels that I want.

ok ill leave one hd and 1 sd . people watch the hd but can record the sd if needed

ill group a few alternatives on a much bugger number

ok ill leave one hd and 1 sd . people watch the hd but can record the sd if needed

ill group a few alternatives on a much bugger number

Sounds good to me, thanks again for your efforts very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭techdiver

I've noticed this too. I thought it had to be under the old system? Looks like it's moved to the HD only encryption.

RTE One HD doesn't clear either.

techdiver wrote: »
    I've noticed this too. I thought it had to be under the old system? Looks like it's moved to the HD only encryption.

RTE One HD doesn't clear either.

rte have a new deal lately to add player etc . that must be part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Does this update the firmware on the box as well or is it just the channels that get updated ?

Do I lose my settings if I update ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Does this update the firmware on the box as well or is it just the channels that get updated ?

Do I lose my settings if I update ?

thats the channel listings only

ill upload a new version tmoro or so

thats the channel listings only

ill upload a new version tmoro or so

Thanks, but are you referring to the one you already posted as being the channel listings only or are you going to post the channel listings only (tomorrow) ? :confused:

Am afraid to mess up the box by doing the wrong thing!

• Advertisement

the channel lists will only change the channels you have tuned in

by updating the new channel list ill put up later will mean you have all the new frequencys so more working channels

New Astra 2 Channel List on Spark Firmware 1.2.83

Updated Irish Channels etc etc

New Astra 2 Channel List on Spark Firmware 1.2.83

Updated Irish Channels etc etc

Thanks Nowso, I really like the new EPG fair play to you

A Bit of a reorganisation and frequency updates

people get to use to sky when skys epg is a mess

the channel lists will only change the channels you have tuned in

by updating the new channel list ill put up later will mean you have all the new frequencys so more working channels

but will that update or wipe any of the other important settings I may have on the box ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    but will that update or wipe any of the other important settings I may have on the box ?

only channel list or favourites if you have any . wont effect anything else important

if you dont you wont have all the latest channel changes tuned in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

@Nowso, I use enigma2 images on the SAB triple but would like the option of using spark also, I doubt if mine has the latest version of spark installed as it's over 1.5yrs old & I never updated it except to install newer versions of hyperion as they become available.
    If believe I can install the latest version of spark online over the internet but would this mess up my enigma image?

lensman wrote: »
    @Nowso, I use enigma2 images on the SAB triple but would like the option of using spark also, I doubt if mine has the latest version of spark installed as it's over 1.5yrs old & I never updated it except to install newer versions of hyperion as they become available.
    If believe I can install the latest version of spark online over the internet but would this mess up my enigma image?

no its a dual boot box . with very little crossover , it would be good to have a decent set up incase your enigma causes issues

i have enigma2 on my box aswell but only use it rarely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

no its a dual boot box . with very little crossover , it would be good to have a decent set up incase your enigma causes issues

i have enigma2 on my box aswell but only use it rarely
    I assume I have to boot into spark & go through the firmware update from there? is spark as "configurable" as enigma2 if you get my drift ;)

• Advertisement

you go in and update . its a lot more basic in menu setup and plugins , but has better picture quality and all the same channels available as on enigma 2

Advertisement