Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Channel 5 hd is no longer hardware paired

may load new channel list tomorrow if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Nowso wrote: »
    you go in and update . its a lot more basic in menu setup and plugins , but has better picture quality and all the same channels available as on enigma 2
    Regarding installing latest spark firmware on the SAB triple, I booted into spark & looked for an online update option but doesn't seem to be one, there is a option to update from USB, am I missing something?

lensman wrote: »
    Regarding installing latest spark firmware on the SAB triple, I booted into spark & looked for an online update option but doesn't seem to be one, there is a option to update from USB, am I missing something?

when you go into menu , spark , upgrade software software

what is the most recent version ?

have you used my channel lists before on your triplex ?

have you tried the latest / probably wont work ?

Ok, tried that & can't get beyond 'Spark' I see 7 options, Message,Upgrade Software,Weather Forecast,FAQ,User Manual,E-Book,Config, but the only 2 available are Message & Config, the others are greyed out :confused:

you need to be connected to the internet for them to work so maybe thats the issue

• Advertisement

you need to be connected to the internet for them to work so maybe thats the issue
    I have a wired connection on the SAB, I checked in network menu & everything is fine, When I check under 'Networking' everything is fine & Im getting Success, Success, although I did notice a 'network error' message as I went into the spark menu all the same,:confused:

New Db on spark 1.2.83 for 28.2

sorted Channel5hd , Racing uk Hd etc

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

New Db on spark 1.2.83 for 28.2

sorted Channel5hd , Racing uk Hd etc

Thanks upgraded both and all seems to be working perfectly

What does the E2 Data Transformer do?

the e2 data thinng didnt work on my box so i deleted it from here

good to have 2 new hd channels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Are the RTE HD channels still available. RTE 2 HD was on 115 but that's now a +1 channel..?

no they are both hardware paired so you need your sky box and card paired to view the hd channels

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Hi guys,

Just quick question. I changed my broadband and had to connect to new network etc. Spark went a bit nuts for about 20 mins. Everything back working fine now i think but i'm getting an error message every time i change channel saying "Timeshift failed"?

EDIT: Sorted, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Hi guys,

Just quick question. I changed my broadband and had to connect to new network etc. Spark went a bit nuts for about 20 mins. Everything back working fine now i think but i'm getting an error message every time i change channel saying "Timeshift failed"?

EDIT: Sorted, sorry.
    I see this now & again, how'd you fix it?

If you close any connections you had before changing to another iternet connection . it should be ok

it was more than likely 2 connections from different ip addresses

Latest 28.2 spark Channel List on firmware 1.2.83

added true crime , front runner etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Has anybody discovered a quick way of deleting recordings or are we still stuck with a long delay? Also, is it possible to copy recordings from the hard drive to a blank DVD via laptop.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Grats wrote: »
    Has anybody discovered a quick way of deleting recordings or are we still stuck with a long delay? Also, is it possible to copy recordings from the hard drive to a blank DVD via laptop.

Thanks.

If you Alien is connected to your network you can browse from your laptop to the IP address and browse/copy/delete content on the hard drive. Find it's IP address of the Alien then connect from you laptop e.g. \\192.168.1.1

if your recording hd channels it might be a bit slow

if you connect your box to your laptop and copy it over you can transfer/upload it online or onto dvd there are a few free sofwares that do it , you may needto convert it . or have a old drive you can copy it to if you want either

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

hi guys, i bought a sab unix triple tuner, now i need a good image or guide how to install it please any help lads..
    no spark or plugin loaded, just the basic stuff loaded from the shop

• Advertisement

the plugins are in my dropbox and if you search this topic for plugins you will get the instructions

theres a lot of basic stuff here

http://freetv.ie/amiko-alien-2.html

just click spark videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the plugins are in my dropbox and if you search this topic for plugins you will get the instructions

theres a lot of basic stuff here

http://freetv.ie/amiko-alien-2.html

just click spark videos
    I downloaded your channel list for spark, many thanks, now my question is how do I get it onto the box?

Do I FTP it over or use a USB stick and which option do I use if updating via USB? Update app and database?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

yes thanks, for your help.. when my box starts up it. has egnima2 freetv.ie and so on.. but i want to load image with newcamd or oscam and so on

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I downloaded your channel list for spark, many thanks, now my question is how do I get it onto the box?

Do I FTP it over or use a USB stick and which option do I use if updating via USB? Update app and database?

you extract it to a folder

put the folder on root of a usb and do this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi would anyone have a good resource for amiko alien 1 files as im finding it hard to find stuff for it spark or enigma cheers

massy086 wrote: »
    hi would anyone have a good resource for amiko alien 1 files as im finding it hard to find stuff for it spark or enigma cheers

the spark plugins etc word on the 8900 alien 1 . i can do a spark channel list for the 8900 if u want one

re enigma the vix4 do an image for the he 8900 that can be loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

the spark plugins etc word on the 8900 alien 1 . i can do a spark channel list for the 8900 if u want one

re enigma the vix4 do an image for the he 8900 that can be loaded
    yes if you could do a spark channel list yes that would be great thank you so much

Ill add one tomorrow

if your recording hd channels it might be a bit slow

if you connect your box to your laptop and copy it over you can transfer/upload it online or onto dvd there are a few free sofwares that do it , you may needto convert it . or have a old drive you can copy it to if you want either

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

jspuds wrote: »
    If you Alien is connected to your network you can browse from your laptop to the IP address and browse/copy/delete content on the hard drive. Find it's IP address of the Alien then connect from you laptop e.g. \\192.168.1.1

Many thanks.

Advertisement