Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

massy086 wrote: »
    yes if you could do a spark channel list yes that would be great thank you so much

Ive added an 8900 / alien 1 Channel list to my dropbox labelled 8900ch for astra 28.2 on the latest firmware . you can add to this when needed

im not certain if this will work on the alien Mini but if anyone has a mini give it a try and let me know

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Nowso wrote: »
    Ive added an 8900 / alien 1 Channel list to my dropbox labelled 8900ch for astra 28.2 on the latest firmware . you can add to this when needed

im not certain if this will work on the alien Mini but if anyone has a mini give it a try and let me know

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Do I need to be on the latest firmware for it to work and if so do u know what that is for a fm 900 reloaded

1.2.83 is on the spark portal when logged in

try will it load

I'm having a problem with mine. After about 20-30 minutes of watching something the box will freeze up and a spinning circle comes up in the corner like it's loading something up but nothing ever happens. I can't turn the box over or do anything apart from turn the box off with the switch at the back. I've reflashed enigma 2 back on thinking that might sort it but it's not. Anyone got an idea of what's wrong .im using a gm900 and have tried many enigma 2 images all the same.is there a way of completyly wipping the box and starting over

use spark instead

• Advertisement

tbh i prefair the layout of enimga 2 and find the channel setup is not as easy on spark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭techdiver

Anyone else having issue with crossepg on Spark?

Mine downloads but won't load up in the EPG itself...

EDIT: It's really odd. On the TV List screen all channels show "No Info!", as if there is no EPG data available, but if I highlight a specific channel (without tuning to it), as click across I can see all the EPG data for upcoming programs. So it just won't show the current info.

It looks like a clock/time mismatch issue.. But the time and date are set correctly.

techdiver wrote: »
    Anyone else having issue with crossepg on Spark?

Mine downloads but won't load up in the EPG itself...

EDIT: It's really odd. On the TV List screen all channels show "No Info!", as if there is no EPG data available, but if I highlight a specific channel (without tuning to it), as click across I can see all the EPG data for upcoming programs. So it just won't show the current info.

It looks like a clock/time mismatch issue.. But the time and date are set correctly.

Had that with an 8900 last night

go into time and make sure the time is right ie summertime on and off

then reboot with the power at the back, and then reconnect internet if needed , and reload your epg again if needed and everything should be ok

a few strange things happening the last couple of days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Same problem ere re the epg info not being displayed. Although crossepg is downloading ok the box won't display the current info for any channel until that transponder is selected and it can read the now/next info. This only started last week...

• Advertisement

Pete2k wrote: »
    Same problem ere re the epg info not being displayed. Although crossepg is downloading ok the box won't display the current info for any channel until that transponder is selected and it can read the now/next info. This only started last week...

did you follow the instructions i posted above . the 8900 here is working fine since

did you follow the instructions i posted above . the 8900 here is working fine since

Yep time is right. Summertime is on and autoupdate set to satellite and av rebooted. Still same problem. No info displayed until channel selected despite the full 7 day info being there...

set the time to net and reboot

set the time to net and reboot

Seems to av done the trick thanks nowso!

Anybody do a speed test with using the usb on the front of the box,

done one today and was suprised it was slow . is it a fault or are all the same

Timeshift won't work for me.

I enable it and it writes to the disk. I then pause something, but when it resumes it resumes live and skips all the paused material...

did you reboot and try , it can fix a lot a problems

did you reboot and try , it can fix a lot a problems

Yeah.

Tried using External hard drive (ran a test, it was fast enough), NAS Drive and USB Key. All get written to, but playback doesn't work.

Mine works

to start hit timeshift

then hit pause , press play to play and press stop to go back to live tv

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

massy086 wrote: »
    Do I need to be on the latest firmware for it to work and if so do u know what that is for a fm 900 reloaded

I tried this on the mini and all Fav folders are empty. Unless I'm missing something looks like a lot of work ahead repopulating the folders!

• Advertisement

I tried this on the mini and all Fav folders are empty. Unless I'm missing something looks like a lot of work ahead repopulating the folders!

with the amount of changes favourites would be a lot of work when simular channels are all together anyway

so did you load my 8900 channel list on the Mini ? and did it work

its better to loose favourites than not have the channels at all

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

The Fav lists were still there but empty.
    I haven't used Spark for years so total relearning.
    Got stuck on some of the features but thanks to your 11225 plugin in your dropbox managed to get them working eventually.
    Just surprised how slow it is out of standby. Also I'm connecting to the internet thru a usb wifi stick. it's not connecting automatically.
    I couldn't find a proper E2 image for it, that's why I went back to Spark. I've now found specific E2 mini images but I'll stick with Spark. Its for my son's room so the internet/youtube features are great for him.
    Just wondering is there a netflix plugin can be put on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I couldn't find a proper E2 image for it, that's why I went back to Spark. I've now found specific E2 mini images but I'll stick with Spark.

Did you try my Hyperion 4.5 backup for the Alien 1 / Mini ?
    Both boxes use the same image and Hyperion runs very well on the Mini ,better than the Alien 2 in my opinion.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrebpmrcfotpkjs/AABdlKi29vezpPQ58fkCqCiea?dl=0

The Fav lists were still there but empty.
    I haven't used Spark for years so total relearning.
    Got stuck on some of the features but thanks to your 11225 plugin in your dropbox managed to get them working eventually.
    Just surprised how slow it is out of standby. Also I'm connecting to the internet thru a usb wifi stick. it's not connecting automatically.
    I couldn't find a proper E2 image for it, that's why I went back to Spark. I've now found specific E2 mini images but I'll stick with Spark. Its for my son's room so the internet/youtube features are great for him.
    Just wondering is there a netflix plugin can be put on it?

Its good that the 8900 channel list worked on the Mini

Favourites are not really needed when you get used to the channel numbers

300 sport

180 movies

100 Irish

0- 90 Fta BBc Itv Ch4 . Ch5 etc

i use spark for tv . if i want to stream Films ans series i have the vix4 image loaded up with 1 Channel on Ts Media and use that to watch series etc and then boot back to spark when finished

the usb stick can be disconnect when booting at times , i then bought a homeplug and set that up and its a lot ore reliable than the usb

Channel 5 hd is now free to air

Jeasus, time shift on these boxes are oddly implemented indeed.

First you need to enable it in the settings, which constantly writes to the hard drive. One would assume that you could just press pause then... No! You need to press a separate "timeshift" button first??

there are a few drawbacks but the bonus is the Best Picture quality you can get

BBc red buuton 2 - 6 and Hd up will upload new channel list in a few days

Another issue.

CrossEPG is behaving wierdly.

First if I clear the crossepg folder and run the download, it will download the epg information, but when I return to the TV Guide or EPG all Channels will show "No Info!", although if I scroll across (right arrow), it shows all the epg information for the next show onwards.

Secondly and more bizarre, if I WinSCP into the box and check the crossepg files, they are timestamped an hour in the future. I.E. If I run crossepg at 13:00 the timestamp on the files will be 14:00!

All of this would be fine, (just wait an hour and all the epg will be filled), but there are 2 more serious issues after this.

1. If only loads epg info for channels that were previously displayed in the TV List window (i.e. Trigger a read from the crossepg on the HDD). Even if I wait a number of hours and navigate to a page on the TV List it will show "No Info!", but in the next hour it will all populate.

2. On each reboot of the box, the epg data is wiped again!

I can't actually nail down when all this started happening, but I just did a factory reset and re-added the db and ran crossepg for the first time and the same issue persists.

Edit: I "THINK", I have found the route cause of the issue. It's the system time setting and the way you set it. I had Satellite as the source and either played around with GMT +1 for offset or Summer Time On. i switched to manually setting the time and just straight set the time without specifying any offset or whether it is Summer Time. The epg data seems to load now.

satellite time source is causing the problem as i posted earlier in this topic

i use net its right and works well with epg

or manual if u want

• Advertisement

satellite time source is causing the problem as i posted earlier in this topic

i use net its right and works well with epg

or manual if u want

Yeah, I'm using manual. Net is failing for some reason.

Does anyone else still have an issue with one of the saorview frequencies?

Sometimes when I go to RTE One I get a black screen. Signal strength is fine, but quality is zero. I found the weirdest work around for it as follows:

If I land on RTE One and I get no signal/picture, I then go to ITV 4 HD and back to RTE One and it fixes the issue. Thus works 100% of the time...

Advertisement