Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Strange , are you running timeshift when this problem happens ? . as it may be ur usb speed affecting it

when my box went a bit mad i reloaded the firmware and it worked better then

there should be a New spark 1.2.85 out soon

reconnect your internet turn dhcp off and go to wireless save go out and then go in and reconnect and try net time

if any minor problems happen i just reboot the power button at the back and its fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭techdiver

Nowso wrote: »
    Strange , are you running timeshift when this problem happens ? . as it may be ur usb speed affecting it

when my box went a bit mad i reloaded the firmware and it worked better then

there should be a New spark 1.2.85 out soon

reconnect your internet turn dhcp off and go to wireless save go out and then go in and reconnect and try net time

if any minor problems happen i just reboot the power button at the back and its fine

My Net update is working again this morning. Although the EPG is still not 100% correct. No Info for everything until the next program.

I reloaded the firmware a couple of weeks ago. I might try that again soon.

Can I ask you what way you have your time set to? I know you are using Net update. Have you a GMT offset and/or Summer Time set?

its summer time on im using

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

I've noticed for a while that recordings are growing in size. A program that is an hour long might have 50 minutes extra either side. So last night I took note of a recording on my timer screen and when I went back in later it had added 10 minutes either side. I went in half an hour later and another 5 minutes had been added either side. I'm wondering is it happening each time the box is switched on. Does this happen anyone else? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

I've noticed for a while that recordings are growing in size. A program that is an hour long might have 50 minutes extra either side. So last night I took note of a recording on my timer screen and when I went back in later it had added 10 minutes either side. I went in half an hour later and another 5 minutes had been added either side. I'm wondering is it happening each time the box is switched on. Does this happen anyone else? Thanks.

What is on the extra 10 minute? is it the program either side of the recorded event. And when it added another 5 each side was this also program from each side? If this is the case it sounds like the recording is working in some kind of timeshift mode (TS) as distinct from program shift (PS). These settings are often available on standard sat boxes with hdd connectivity. Programs for recording are just indexed and extracted from the TS stream. This is handy as you can set a recoding for the current channel after it has started, and it will be complete as it's already in the TS stream on the HDD. I don't use spark, but as a suggestion, turn off time shift and then try a recording and see if it remains at the recorded length. Have a look in the record settings for TS and PS modes, there might be somthing there. Maybe an error in the settings that allows you to start early/end later is adding on the overrun more than once. I'd have to boot back into spark to have a look myself

• Advertisement

in the record settigs theres the extend record time option i have that set to 0minutes

it might be a epg / time issue not sure

Thanks deezell. Yes it just takes 10 minutes (or 1 hour in some cases) of programing before the one I want starts. I don't have Timeshift on this box as I use it purely for recording.

Thanks Nowso. I think I remember seeing this and it was set to 5mins. I'll set it to 0 and give it a go.

Bt Sport Hd and AMC from Bt Hd No Longer Clearing .

i Will Release an updated channel list in the next day or so

Updated 28.2 Channel list spark 1.2.83 firmware

June 3rd

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Just an update. The 0 mins recording extension works (thanks Nowso) but I lost the first min of a recording as it started a little early. I noticed I was one update behind so I brought it up to date. I put the extend time to 3 mins and now I get extra time added again at the beginning and end, multiple times the 3 mins! Guess its a bug and I'll have to live with it.:(

• Advertisement

if u set the extended time to zero

and then set the start and finish times 5 minutes either side it should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Nowso wrote: »
    Updated 28.2 Channel list spark 1.2.83 firmware

June 3rd

Will this work on the alien 2?
    If so how do I load it?

Thanks in advance!

robk24 wrote: »
    Will this work on the alien 2?
    If so how do I load it?

Thanks in advance!

yes its made on spark on alien 2

you need to have the latest firmware loaded 1.2.83

then download the DB201.... file extract it to a folder and 2 files in the version.xml and appdb.tar.gz

add it to your usb . put it in the box and follow the instructions on this video

i try to update the chanel list every so often

i dont include the saorview as the frequencys change so much - you can easily scan them yourself after loading the channel list

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Worked a treat, thanks Nowso!

Had a pain in the butt with enigma crashing and stupid hangs, will see how spark works for a while!

it has its ups and downs but for watching tv its the best quality

Fully agree with Nowso. I have never regretted ditching enigma2 for Spark. Spark has its little issues but is so much more stable than Enigma and I don't have to hand hold it all the time! Picture is excellent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GSeamus

Fully agree with Nowso. I have never regretted ditching enigma2 for Spark. Spark has its little issues but is so much more stable than Enigma and I don't have to hand hold it all the time! Picture is excellent also.

I agree about picture quality as well, but the Spark interface (is that the right word?) is poor compared to Enigma2. Sound levels on Spark are also better.

I agree about picture quality as well, but the Spark interface (is that the right word?) is poor compared to Enigma2. Sound levels on Spark are also better.

Personally I have been using Zardoz's 4.5 image with only one green screen since I installed it (can't remember how long it has been available).

Personally I have been using Zardoz's Hyperion 4.5 image with only one green screen since I installed it (can't remember how long it has been available).

yes its i have an enigma vix4 image installed for the odd time i want to use something on there ,

but if your just wanting to watch tv and recording and playing iptv i use spark

• Advertisement

Been a few changes ill do an updated channel list next tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

I've a SAB Unix Triple HD with SPARK 1.2.76, which is the latest version available from the SAB website. I see that the latest firmware from the Amiko website is 1.2.83 - can I upgrade my SAB with Amiko firmware? Also, is there a changelog with details of firmware changes?

Guramoogah wrote: »
    I've a SAB Unix Triple HD with SPARK 1.2.76, which is the latest version available from the SAB website. I see that the latest firmware from the Amiko website is 1.2.83 - can I upgrade my SAB with Amiko firmware? Also, is there a changelog with details of firmware changes?

different manufacturers do it different i have heard of a 1.2.86

- on amiko 1.2.75 was the best imo but the youtube app dont work on it now

firmwares dont cross over without editing

if yours is working ok then its not a big deal

i will do the new channel list next week when sky sports 1 is back to normal

New Spark 28.2 Channel list amiko alien 2

added BBC Olympics streams etc on 361 +

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

How many bbc red button channels are there? I got 3 hd ones for the Olympics tuned in last night.

How many bbc red button channels are there? I got 3 hd ones for the Olympics tuned in last night.

there are 7 hd and 7 sd with 2 more that may be connected on each

load the channel list

New Sky Sports 5 Ireland on 12.207v - Looks likely to show the 3pm sat Kick Offs

Newly Updated Amiko alien 2 Spark 28.2 channel list

added SSports Mix .BBC RB etc

anyone having issues with channel freezing

i loaded the spark recovery image and reloaded the box with the same details and it has improved a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 onz

yep was freezing alot for me, just rebooted and it seemed to sort it

Advertisement