Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I see Mutv hd , Made in tyne and weir and some zee channels now have Constant Control word encryption on them

users would help to update your emu/ softcam key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Had a few problems with electricity this evening i.e. box went on and off a few times. When it came back, I got a message saying that 'Timeshift failed to start'. I turned the box off and on - no joy. I also turned it off from power button - again no joy. Has anyone any ideas on how to resolve this. I did a search and a poster had the same problem but didn't say how they fixed it. Thanks in advance.

strange one . check is the time upto date .

try turning timeshift off and on

and check your hdd/usb

Nowso wrote: »
    strange one . check is the time upto date .

try turning timeshift off and on

and check your hdd/usb

Time is up to date. Just after turning off timeshift and putting it back on like you said. Already removed HDD and made no difference.

It is very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

That happened me. Never fixed it.

• Advertisement

i fix would be maybe to reload Spark Completely

load the Rescue image its back to blank

then load back the plugins update firmware and adjust other settings and load a channel list

and your back

iv done it when the box wasnt working great b4

i fix would be maybe to reload Spark Completely

load the Rescue image its back to blank

then load back the plugins update firmware and adjust other settings and load a channel list

and your back

iv done it when the box wasnt working great b4

Thanks for that. Can that be done from the box or do I need to download the new image file? I did a factory reset and it didn't solve the problem.

download the rescue image

use method 3 here

http://amikostb.com/downloads/Spark_Recovery.pdf

also its here on my dropbox along with the extras -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

download the rescue image

use method 3 here

http://amikostb.com/downloads/Spark_Recovery.pdf

also its here on my dropbox along with the extras -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Silly question I know but do I just put these files on usb, go to plugin and start or is there something else I have to do? Thanks again. Sorry just see that the instructions are also there.

• Advertisement

yes its the force boot method .

question re the channel lists im going to update soon

Whats changes do you make other than adding your saorview area channels to the channels list after loading it

yes its the force boot method .

I have followed the instructions given in the file you provided but it doesn't seem to change - I think I'm still going into the 'old' spark.

Just to make sure I'm correct. I press the back power button and keep OK pressed - the FORC then comes on and I toggle the CH+ to get spark and then it just starts the old one. The box then says something like BOO5 and SUCC and reboots. Is there anyway of changing the name of the new image? How do I know that the box is 'seeing' it and overwriting the old one because I don't think it is?

no you push up to go to spark and then you push right twice to load the firmware dont press the middle button to boot to spark

it will take 7 or 8 mins to load

no you push up to go to spark and then you push right twice to load the firmware dont press the middle button to boot to spark

it will take 7 or 8 mins to load

It has T and T To on the panel. Is this re-installing? Should I let this carry on?

It has T and T To on the panel. Is this re-installing? Should I let this carry on?

no it needs to be on a usb in the back . format to fat 32 and . it needs to be in a folder named spark with the 2 files in it

no it needs to be on a usb in the back . format to fat 32 and . it needs to be in a folder named spark with the 2 files in it

Thanks for that - I had not formatted the USB to fat 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

question re the channel lists im going to update soon

Whats changes do you make other than adding your saorview area channels to the channels list after loading it

I line my channels up
    Irish channels
    BBCs (bbc1ni bbc2ni bbc1 england bbc2 england)
    itv's (utv,234 +1 etc)
    channel4/more4e4etc
    channel 5's

kids tv
    bbc alba
    news
    music

food/travel/bike
    bbc red buttons last - these I get to by going to channel 1 and down

I delete everything else, and only have hd if there's a choice of hd/sd

I've the 2 flavours of bbc/(u/i)tv in case Nolan/Newsline in on delaying what the brits see, or to get the programmes bbc2ni show as gaeilge now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Hi all. Just wondering. I have a SAB Unix triple HD box which I run on spark. Without going into detail, it got stuck in a boot/load loop, and I looked up how to reboot it to no avail.

Nowso has files in his dropbox for Amiko Alien STB, including a spark recovery image. i was wondering would that image work on a Sab Unix box? All I need to do is boot to spark then reload an image from online.
    At the moment I'm using enigma2, which was loaded when I got the box but I never used, so giving myself a crash course in it.

dermiek wrote: »
    Hi all. Just wondering. I have a SAB Unix triple HD box which I run on spark. Without going into detail, it got stuck in a boot/load loop, and I looked up how to reboot it to no avail.

Nowso has files in his dropbox for Amiko Alien STB, including a spark recovery image. i was wondering would that image work on a Sab Unix box? All I need to do is boot to spark then reload an image from online.
    At the moment I'm using enigma2, which was loaded when I got the box but I never used, so giving myself a crash course in it.

here is a resue image i found for sab unix triple its 1.2.65 same as amiko one , download extract the file and there is a spark folder there , load it the same way the amiko one says

then just load up the rest

http://www.dvbstand.com/swd.php?id=1032&mark=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Owen101

@NOWSO, thanks but seems your database is only for Amiko Alien2 yes? Tried to update Golden Media Triplex database but says "Failed STBID does not match"

Similar for plugins.. they seem to to install ok but when reboot, just one plugin listed. the calculator.

The enigma image on the box works - vix4e2project but seems unstable.

Do you have a link on info for installing cross epg etc plugins maybe for spark. Would like to combine saorview and free sat channels like enigma.

i must update the database it does seem to be box related

if you use the spark editor for your box maybe you can import my database and save it for your box format and upload it

no enigma 2 images are as stable as spark

a lot of videos here

re plugins if you extract the plugin wrong from the zip sometimes there can be a plugin directory inside the plugin directory on the root of the usb

if there is delete the extra one to have the plugin on the root and the var etc on the next level

the crossepg on the plugin i dont use ,

if u hit crossepg and then f1 it will bring you to the crossepg in the firmware

select opentv providers astra 28.2 and in configure set it to your usb/ drive etc

then download

if it fails reboot and do it again

Great, thanks again for all the info you posted here nowso. I disabled the crossepg from plugins and used the firmware version like you said and seemed to work fine thanks. Now just have a mass of channels to sort out so hoping to get your db working. Ill try modifying the xml with the correct ids and report back if works. Also, like you said, I had an extra plugins folder off the root of usb so I guess they couldn't be found after restarting the box or something.

Just wondering, does your database include any extra channels that you wouldn't get with just a normal terrestrial and satellite scan ? Thanks.

if you do a blind scan you can pick up every channel , it will add transponders . if you do a normal search it will only find from the tps you have

the key is to have the riht transponders list

the only extra channels would be ones that are not on atm that you can find later ie boxnation hd ,ssboxoffice etc

Just updated the Database and Plugin

Thanks Nowso.

FYI your database works on a Golden Media Triplex if you change Stbmodel in Version.xml to this..

Stbmodel="0C0007000046BF"

Am not sure it worked correct though as the list of channels doesn't seem to be sorted if open the exported db again in that SparkEditor.exe tool

that worked fine . that is the way i have them organised on spark

its impossible to organise it the same way as skyy on spark

i have them in related regions, free to air 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

no enigma 2 images are as stable as spark

But Spark is boring to use and look at!

cyndale wrote: »
    But Spark is boring to use and look at!

web tv plays iptv better , the picture quality is better , its more stable and recordings work all the time .

it may be boring , but it works better , thats my main concern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

web tv plays iptv better , the picture quality is better , its more stable and recordings work all the time .

it may be boring , but it works better , thats my main concern

I couldn't agree more, definitely SD quality is better than enigma, as is HD. Absolutely more stable. When you turn on the tv and look for channels it just doesn't look as impressive as the Hyperion image I am using. My wife hated me messing with Hyperion because of all the green screens, but since I installed Hyperion V4.5 it has been rock solid and now she hates Spark, you just can't win!:o

Advertisement