Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Folks
    What version of spark is the latest as the online update does not appear to be working
    and when i go to the amiko stb site the AA2 is not listed anymore
    Havent used spark in about a year
    so just booted into it there now to update
    cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

1.2.83 its a year old

the updates are working here

here are the downloads

http://www.amikostb.com/?q=product&id=153

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Cheers Nowso
    don't know how I missed that ( Going Blind in my old age )
    Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Question: 1.2.76 is the latest Spark version on the SAB triplex site, I assume I can download 1.2.83 from the Amiko site & flash that to my SAB box ?

lensman wrote: »
    Question: 1.2.76 is the latest Spark version on the SAB triplex site, I assume I can download 1.2.83 from the Amiko site & flash that to my SAB box ?

there was a post a while ago re changing setbox id for a channel list maybe that would work

1.2.75 was ok on amiko try that or the one you have theres not a lot of difference other than the apps in networking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Actually, I haven't installed anything at all. I only got it the week before Christmas, and until last week was playing with Enigma. So now I'm going to let it run for a while, familiarise myself with how it works in Spark, then I'll look at the alternatives available from the dropbox - and fair play to you on that.

I have tried to use a couple of utilities but they stumped me, and I was under pressure to just get it working;) . Now there's some breathing space, so I'll give it a couple of weeks before offering a new view. Ah, variety is the spice of life. hehehe.

I'll post back here, about my further adventures in Sparkland.

Thanks for your advice, and also for all the stuff I've read on here that you do for the benefit of the rest of us. Hugely impressive.

Nick

Aye, you can get lost in getting Enigma alright, it has a hobby element and I just didn't have the time to allocate so I flipped to Spark long ago, it is more limited but mostly everything just works smoothly and picture etc is perfect. I've actually gotten used to the simplicity of the now/next EPG. Only thing I'd like is to start timeshift via the remote rather than have on permanently but again I got over that. Enjoy

Dave..M wrote: »
    Aye, you can get lost in getting Enigma alright, it has a hobby element and I just didn't have the time to allocate so I flipped to Spark long ago, it is more limited but mostly everything just works smoothly and picture etc is perfect. I've actually gotten used to the simplicity of the now/next EPG. Only thing I'd like is to start timeshift via the remote rather than have on permanently but again I got over that. Enjoy
    Now & next epg? I thought the last few Spark versions had 7 day epg on sat & terrestrial!:confused:

Now & next epg? I thought the last few Spark versions had 7 day epg on sat & terrestrial!:confused:

there is , hit epg button

then green button for option and then epg schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Yup but the 7 day is for current channel only (unless something changed???), now/next shows all channels if you want a quick view instead of surfing, it's quick 'n easy and you get used to it. 7 day is simple to access though as Nowso notes and handy to to set recordings.

Btw one thing to note on scheduled recordings, if you set a buffer before the recording, the buffer is added again each time the box is fully powered off and back on (i.e. if set to start recording 1 minute before set time via the settings menu it adds an extra minute to the buffer on the scheduled recording each time you fully power off and back on, took me a while to figure that out, maybe its just me as I have the box off all week so power off at mains but a heads up anyway in case you notice it, you can just set buffer to 0 and it solves it)

Sorry to raise this again but in the interest of clarity can I flash Spark firmware version 1.2.83 from the Amiko site to my SAB triplex box with out causing some conflict? and are channel lists firmware version specific?

• Advertisement

Sorry to raise this again but in the interest of clarity can I flash Spark firmware version 1.2.83 from the Amiko site to my SAB triplex box with out causing some conflict? and are channel lists firmware version specific?

better off not doing it

Channel lists work on different versions of firmware

the set top box id is the only issue with the channel list and someone posted the fix to that a couple of pages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Nowso wrote: »
    better off not doing it

Channel lists work on different versions of firmware

the set top box id is the only issue with the channel list and someone posted the fix to that a couple of pages ago

Go back to post 338 for discussion on stbid for the sab v the amiko.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Is it possible to access the internet, for example goggle or Firefox, using an suitable dongle? Also, what do plugins do?

Thanks.

opera browser is in network tab . its a bit limited but works

plugins are to help viewing and uploading data etc

web tv in networking for playing iptv and the youtube app in networking are good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

My NIC is not working so I need to use a wifi dongle on my AA2+. Does anyone have a link to download the drivers for the below as an ipk that I can transfer to USB key and manually install? Wifi dongle is an Amiko one which i believe is based on RA Link 5370.

network-usb-rt3070 (1.0-r3)

there installed on spark already and on some enigma images

what are you trying to install it on

Open ATV 5.0. Its not already installed on this version as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

opera browser is in network tab . its a bit limited but works

plugins are to help viewing and uploading data etc

web tv in networking for playing iptv and the youtube app in networking are good

Many thanks Nowso. I've just tried using Opera but it is stalling continuously. I presume that's a wifi issue? Although we do have decent reception here.

with open atv u need to connect via ethernet and then install the drivers via plugins and then switch to wifi .

with open atv u need to connect via ethernet and then install the drivers via plugins and then switch to wifi .

Guess you missed this bit. :)

My NIC is not working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I found this online but have no idea if it is correct. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-…0-r3_all.ipk

Thanks Gerry. that looks like what I need. I have everything backed up so i'll give it a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

New Updated Channel lists for Spark 28.2 amiko alien 2 -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0
    Sorry, which one is the channel list? 8900ch.zip or Spark Channel Editor.rar?

Sorry, which one is the channel list? 8900ch.zip or Spark Channel Editor.rar?

the db_201702040306.zip is the channel list for spark amiko alien 2

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Thank you.

Just one more thing, is 28.5 Astra the have all the UK and Irish channels? I have a few missing and none of the irish stations are working. Wasn't sure whether to start scanning in any of the others?

astra 28.2 have the uk channels

the irish channels on satellite are encrypted as with the skyee ones

you can search on terrestrial for the Soarview ones , there not on the list because all the areas use different frequencys

there are some hds deleted from the list as they are not viewable only on a sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Hi,

It's straying off topic but wondered if anyone had any info on the Amiko A4?

It's a Spark 2 Android based box and they do a Sat/Terrestrial combo. It's 4K and looks pretty good.

Can't find any reviews or sellers in Ireland though. Anyone heard anything about it?

Partymack wrote: »
    Hi,

It's straying off topic but wondered if anyone had any info on the Amiko A4?

It's a Spark 2 Android based box and they do a Sat/Terrestrial combo. It's 4K and looks pretty good.

Can't find any reviews or sellers in Ireland though. Anyone heard anything about it?

£120 from here
    http://www.xbmcwizard.co.uk/
    Looks nice, but then they all do when new. The only android tv box with a built in receiver I owned seemed to be in a permanent state of accessing the internet to update the apps, before crashing. Piece of crap. This i'd imagine is in a new league, as long as you don't infest it with android apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

deezell wrote: »
    £120 from here
    http://www.xbmcwizard.co.uk/
    Looks nice, but then they all do when new...infest it with android apps.

Cheers Deezel,

I'm interested at seeing how Android operates in comparison to Spark or E2 as a platform.

Not sure I like the look of that retailer tho...

I'm surprised one of the Irish sellers hasnt picked it up given the popularity of the Alien 2 & 3 in Irish market.

We'll wait and see.

• Advertisement

Partymack wrote: »
    Cheers Deezel,

I'm interested at seeing how Android operates in comparison to Spark or E2 as a platform. Not sure I like the look of that retailer tho...

Poor retailer !!. You'll find that android devices and their interfaces have a different type of supporter, people who are into streaming, movie downloading and building a single entertainment and media centre type of device. If you like Netfix, XBMC (Kodi) app, Google pay music etc. then your'e that kind of user. If you like a clean fast versatile receiver interface for live Tv with un-intrusive add ons if you need them, then better to use an E2 box with either a proprietary interface like spark, or one of the well supported E2 images like Vix or openAtv. There are now proprietary boxes with many of the facilities that make Linux so popular, picons, oscam, 7 day epg etc. The openbox brand are cheap as chips and seem to have all the basics.

Advertisement