Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Nowso wrote: »

Thanks a mill that worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Have a amiko alien 2 triple plus used to run on vix 2.2 Like a dream until crashed and corrupted since then I've tried 2.2 again, vix 4.0, Hyperion 4.5 but all keep crashing on plugins, the blue screen with commands comes up saying error forcing reboot etc (green screen on Hyperion)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

try install one through the boot method instead of in spark

in the meantime use spark

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

i use the boot method not spark

this is not problem problem is that it keeps crashing upon entering plugins regardless of image

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gct

This might be a better place for my post. I'm hoping somebody can help me out here. I'm looking to load an E2 image on to a golden media spark triplex. Will a ViX4E2PROJECT 4.0 build work on a Golden Media box. The build is for an amiko alien 2 but I think the golden media spark triplex is the same box just a different brand name.
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

gct wrote: »
    This might be a better place for my post. I'm hoping somebody can help me out here. I'm looking to load an E2 image on to a golden media spark triplex. Will a ViX4E2PROJECT 4.0 build work on a Golden Media box. The build is for an amiko alien 2 but I think the golden media spark triplex is the same box just a different brand name.
    Thanks in advance

You're correct, AA2, GM triple and Sab triple all the same 7162 processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gct

deezell wrote: »
    You're correct, AA2, GM triple and Sab triple all the same 7162 processor.

thanks Deezell, Does that mean the build will run on the golden media box?

gct wrote: »
    thanks Deezell, Does that mean the build will run on the golden media box?

Yes.

Spark Amiko alien 2 28.2 Channel list 29th November

updated list

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8z6qathwd6hipd/db_201711290006.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I'm looking for an good E2 backup that runs with WiFi dongle on my triplex/alien 2. I've been using Hyperion 4 for years with a vonets. I stopped trying upgrades when 4 came out. It will be running with USALS. Just fancy trying something different. thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

I'm looking for an good E2 backup that runs with WiFi dongle on my triplex/alien 2. I've been using Hyperion 4 for years with a vonets. I stopped trying upgrades when 4 came out. It will be running with USALS. Just fancy trying something different. thanks in advance!
    I'd personally stick with the external Vonets or other Wi-Fi adapter rather than fiddling with Wi-Fi dongle drivers on a fairly well loaded processor as it is. Homeplugs are a good job also, virtual wired connection from router to the box.
    As for images, have a poke through the Enigma2 version of this thread here,
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057726675&page=35
    There are a few working images posted if you dont want to configure a raw image from scratch. Vix4 is well liked, tho many ( myself included) are happy to park on Hyperion 4.5. I expect any new image will drive your USALS spec motorised setup

open atv 6.1 will work with wifi but you will need internet to install wifi drivers from a clean install

homeplugs work well

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Hi all.
    I have an Amiko Alien Triple Plus 3 years now. It has never been upgraded, just used for basic TV functions and recording to external harddrive. Netflix etc means we don't use it too often.
    Recently the live pause function has stopped stopped working completely. Can anyone help me with fixing this?
    The system was originally set up by an electrician who has since left the country, hence not going back to him for help.
    Thanks in advance.

Onthefence wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I have an Amiko Alien Triple Plus 3 years now. It has never been upgraded, just used for basic TV functions and recording to external harddrive. Netflix etc means we don't use it too often.
    Recently the live pause function has stopped stopped working completely. Can anyone help me with fixing this?
    The system was originally set up by an electrician who has since left the country, hence not going back to him for help.
    Thanks in advance.

is your usb/harddrive full near full

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Nowso wrote: »
    is your usb/harddrive full near full
    No, only 13% full, Nowso.
    In order to use live pause I used to have to press play then pause.
    Pressing the play button brought up the bottom info strip-that's the part that doesn't work anymore.
    It's not a remote control issue because I've tried the same thing on a universal remote without success.
    Also, every time I change channel I get a 'record start failed' message. I presume it's related.

sdo a sppedcheck on you drive as you meed a certain speed to run timeshift

go to menu system / pvr/hdd settinds

timeshift settings and make sure its not been turned off as when i turned it off strip didnt come up on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Anyone else's EPG not going past Thursday for the Saorview EPG channels even after an update? The satellite ones are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Anyone else's EPG not going past Thursday for the Saorview EPG channels even after an update? The satellite ones are ok.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057847500

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi. I have an Amiko Alien 2. It already has 2 satellite feeds but now I want to set up Saorview.

The 2 cables are already run from satellite into sitting room. Instead of running another cable, I was thinking of user a splitter/combiner set up. Would this work? Has anyone else done this? Would it be better to combine 1 sat and the aerial cable and then split these again at the box?

I'm currently using OpenATV. Can I have 1 EPG displaying all freesat and the Saorview channels together?

Also, I used to have a USB hard drive connected for recording but it stopped working months ago. After switching to OpenATV it's still not working. I don't mind losing what's on the HD but how can I get it working again?

Wheety wrote: »
    Hi. I have an Amiko Alien 2. It already has 2 satellite feeds but now I want to set up Saorview.

The 2 cables are already run from satellite into sitting room. Instead of running another cable, I was thinking of user a splitter/combiner set up. Would this work? Has anyone else done this? Would it be better to combine 1 sat and the aerial cable and then split these again at the box?

I'm currently using OpenATV. Can I have 1 EPG displaying all freesat and the Saorview channels together?

Also, I used to have a USB hard drive connected for recording but it stopped working months ago. After switching to OpenATV it's still not working. I don't mind losing what's on the HD but how can I get it working again?

Combining two sat cables to one requires stacker/destacker boxes, about €100. Combining one sat and terrestrial requires a pair of diplexers, about €5 each.
    http://www.freetv.ie/tv-aerial-and-satellite-combiner/

Yes you can combine epg.

Plug hdd into a PC and see if you can read it. If it's ext format, you'll need a disk utility such as EaseUS to check it out and reformat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Combining two sat cables to one requires stacker/destacker boxes, about €100. Combining one sat and terrestrial requires a pair of diplexers, about €5 each.
    http://www.freetv.ie/tv-aerial-and-satellite-combiner/

Yes you can combine epg.

Plug hdd into a PC and see if you can read it. If it's ext format, you'll need a disk utility such as EaseUS to check it out and reformat

So going the cheaper option, I could use one of the diplexers with the new aerial cable and 1 of of the satellete cables at the satellite/aerial end and then another diplexer at the box with sat cable and aerial cable connecting to the box along with the other cable which has a full run to the LNB?

Wheety wrote: »
    So going the cheaper option, I could use one of the diplexers with the new aerial cable and 1 of of the satellete canles at the satellite/aerial end and then another diplexer at the box with sat cable and aerial cable connecting to the box along with the other cable which has a full run to the LNB?

That's it in a nutshell. Signalling to the LNB is preserved also via filters in the diplexers.

you can format to ntfs will work easy on open atv u can format it in spark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Is it possible to view eir sport using Spark. I do have it in my eir bundle but as I don't have fibre I believe I can't connect eir sport directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

That's it in a nutshell. Signalling to the LNB is preserved also via filters in the diplexers.

Bear in mind if you have a masthead amplifier for the Terrestrial Aerial, you can't power it over the duplexer.

You should be able to get a wallplate with 2 sat F connectors and a terrestrial coax socket, and keep it tidy behind the tv.

Bear in mind if you have a masthead amplifier for the Terrestrial Aerial, you can't power it over the duplexer......

True, but you can power it after the signals are decombined up at the aerial/ dish. If this is done inside under the roof tiles (a good idea anyway to keep the diplexer out of the weather), the PSU for the aerial masthead amp can be located in the attic feeding the aerial cable on its final run to the the amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Can someone post up a nice easy step by step to put an enigma image on this, latest and greatest with a link and then how to set it up with 2 Sat and 1 terrestial feeds? Nearest tower would be Cairn hill.

It's for the father, the spark image is just a POS.

Kuva wrote: »
    Can someone post up a nice easy step by step to put an enigma image on this, latest and greatest with a link and then how to set it up with 2 Sat and 1 terrestial feeds? Nearest tower would be Cairn hill.

You could try Freetv's tutorial, for loading an enigma2 image from Spark. I think the image they supply is Vix4, with Astra channel lists. Terrestrial you will have to tune yourself once you have booted to E2.
    http://www.freetv.ie/how-to-install-enigma2-on-amiko-alien-2-triple-tuner/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Kuva wrote: »

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Hi lads,
    Recently invested in shield and mi box and only use them of late. Have 2 AA2 sitting idle at moment. Can they be put into use using any iptv service? Current service is apk android! Is the AA2 still cApable?

Advertisement