Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

xcplugin is basic but good - xstream more complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Hope it is OK to post this query here, mods feel free to move if wrong place.

Amiko Alien box really acting up lately. Using Enigma 2 Hyperion 4.5 for over a year. Box has started shutting down and restarting with no warning, forever getting the whirling wheel on the screen, channels taking forever to change, recordings on series link not working, the list goes on.

Guessing that the memory is full. In case anyone suggests it, the epg downloads on the hard drive so it's not that.

And to top things off, booting in Spark fails.

So what I want to do is to factory reset the box. Is it possible? And if so, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Barnaboy wrote: »

Amiko Alien box really acting up lately. Using Enigma 2 Hyperion 4.5 for over a year. Box has started shutting down and restarting with no warning, forever getting the whirling wheel on the screen, channels taking forever to change, recordings on series link not working, the list goes on.

Guessing that the memory is full. In case anyone suggests it, the epg downloads on the hard drive so it's not that.

So what I want to do is to factory reset the box. Is it possible? And if so, how?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Barnaboy wrote: »

Im getting the same problem, can i get a solution too.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Same here...would like a solution or suggestions for an upgraded box

Thanks

• Advertisement

PM Sent

Griffinx wrote: »
    Same here...would like a solution or suggestions for an upgraded box

Thanks

PM sent

Hi Gerry, Thank you for the pm, I dont really want to change the image on my box. The reason it's freezing is because the internal memory is full, does anyone know how to delete the internal memory. I've tried that plugin cache clean i think, but it doesn't work. I remember championc telling me of a way of accessing the box through filezilla and cleaning a certain file on the box but I cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

PM sent
    Gerry could you pm me image also, cheers

chris1970 wrote: »
    Gerry could you pm me image also, cheers

Done :)

• Advertisement

i laoded open atv 6.2 yesterday - was a bit awkward with the extra cable on the sat tuners but once deativated that it works well

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Hi Gerry, Thank you for the pm, I dont really want to change the image on my box. The reason it's freezing is because the internal memory is full, does anyone know how to delete the internal memory. I've tried that plugin cache clean i think, but it doesn't work. I remember championc telling me of a way of accessing the box through filezilla and cleaning a certain file on the box but I cant remember.

Sounds like your image is corrupted and only solution is to reload copy from when it was working correctly or load new image.

Sounds like your image is corrupted and only solution is to reload copy from when it was working correctly or load new image.

yea thanks, i made a start on it last night, but when i booted into spark i decided to do a factory reset in there and a factory reset in Hyperion 4.5, it didn't delete my image and that seems to have fixed it for now.
    There still is a "FULL" symbol on the front panel of my box though.
    I'm hesitant to do the re-flashing coz its a pain in the bollox to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Hey Gerry, could you pm me the image also?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Hi Gerry. If that tutorial is still available, I'd appreciate a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi Gerry, could you please ping me the link also?
    The EPG on Spark no longer updates for me.

jspuds wrote: »
    Hi Gerry, could you please ping me the link also?
    The EPG on Spark no longer updates for me.

Reboot your box in spark and it will work

mine Just loaded fine was prob a bot short of flash memory

Nowso wrote: »
    Reboot your box in spark and it will work

mine Just loaded fine was prob a bot short of flash memory

No didn't work, Crossepg seems to run but doesn't update the EPG. I tried setting it to both internal and disk but same result.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

jspuds wrote: »
    No didn't work, Crossepg seems to run but doesn't update the EPG. I tried setting it to both internal and disk but same result.

Any suggestions?

Try changing clock to internet in settings

Btw this may seem a bit random but for some reason on mine during the British summertime hour shift the EPG wouldn't update after downloading unless you clicked on a channel and then it would update for those on that TP. Selecting Internet as the time source seemed to work (though internet clock did stop working there for a time and I've not used my AA2 in a few months)

set it to disk not internal i had it on bbc one hd and it did work just give it a go or 2 ill upload a channellist later for spark

New updated Spark DB 29th June 2018

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v33m30w4iz0s6ee/db_201806291639.zip?dl=0

quest Hd is 61 no audio on it - might take a few days

Dave..M wrote: »
    Try changing clock to internet in settings

Btw this may seem a bit random but for some reason on mine during the British summertime hour shift the EPG wouldn't update after downloading unless you clicked on a channel and then it would update for those on that TP. Selecting Internet as the time source seemed to work (though internet clock did stop working there for a time and I've not used my AA2 in a few months)

That worked, thanks a mill much appreciated

Nowso wrote: »
    New updated Spark DB 29th June 2018

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v33m30w4iz0s6ee/db_201806291639.zip?dl=0

quest Hd is 61 no audio on it - might take a few days

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭liamtech

Hi Guys - Im setting up a clone box - IceCrypt S3750CHD - far as i can see this is a 'Golden Media Spark Triplex' by any other name

I have basically confirmed this by flashing the latest OPENATV for the GM Tiplex and it worked

Short of it is the guy im setting it up for wants to stick with spark (cant blame him - it basically does everything and seems WAY WAY stabler )

SO i have 2 questions and im wondering if someone could help me

1. Seems the Transponder list is TOTALLY outdated after the new astra birds went up - picking up most channels but definitely not all - i am trying to add transponders manually but i have hit a few snags - Does anyone have a channel list? Even one that is out of sequence would be fine - an XML format would be appreciated as thus far this is the only one ui have been able to download to a usb stick and copy to the PC for editing via a spark editor file i managed to find.

2. Think i might know the answer to this but here goes - got the Spark Version of Cross Epg working by downloading the 7Day EPG from SKy - but the format is classic FTA box - no grid - anyone know if it is possible to get a grid layout working for this!? thanks in advance

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

liamtech wrote: »
    Hi Guys - Im setting up a clone box - IceCrypt S3750CHD - far as i can see this is a 'Golden Media Spark Triplex' by any other name

I have basically confirmed this by flashing the latest OPENATV for the GM Tiplex and it worked

Short of it is the guy im setting it up for wants to stick with spark (cant blame him - it basically does everything and seems WAY WAY stabler )

SO i have 2 questions and im wondering if someone could help me

1. Seems the Transponder list is TOTALLY outdated after the new astra birds went up - picking up most channels but definitely not all - i am trying to add transponders manually but i have hit a few snags - Does anyone have a channel list? Even one that is out of sequence would be fine - an XML format would be appreciated as thus far this is the only one ui have been able to download to a usb stick and copy to the PC for editing via a spark editor file i managed to find.

2. Think i might know the answer to this but here goes - got the Spark Version of Cross Epg working by downloading the 7Day EPG from SKy - but the format is classic FTA box - no grid - anyone know if it is possible to get a grid layout working for this!? thanks in advance

epg is grid or hit green to hit option and change to list

i loaded a channel list there thats not 2 old - - it may not work on that but maybe if imported and edited in channel list editor it may work

i had to reload my box and was looking for different plugon etc
    searched the internet and finally found a plugin pack etc
    works out it was a copy of my old ones backed up again some one uploaded to mega

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Awal

Gerry, could you pm me the image as well

Thanks

Andrew

Awal wrote: »
    Gerry, could you pm me the image as well

Thanks

Andrew

PM'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kaos75

Hi Nowsa,
    Just wondering if you had a updated link for your dropbox utilities for these stb boxes.
    Also just wondering what the latest firmware for the sab unix is? - I have 1.2.76 installed and if I go to play a youtube video, I get a "start play failed" message

Advertisement