Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    One small drawback ,my sky remote does the volume on my surround sound as well, no need for 2 remotes , take it it will back to 2 remotes for sound.
    The Alien remote has a built in volume control, it adjusts the box volume on the HDMI cable to the TV. I can't recall if it adjusts the volume on the audio out Phono sockets. I'll have a poke when home. Its not insurmountable, your TV may have an audio out that follows audio in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

EDIT scratch that a restart solved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭macchoille

Does anyone have the latest version of spark for the Amiko Alien 2+ , I believe it's 1.2.83

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

macchoille wrote: »
    Does anyone have the latest version of spark for the Amiko Alien 2+ , I believe it's 1.2.83
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur34dn2xobwy7yb/AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.83_app.rar?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭macchoille

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I gave my Alien 2 to a relation and had them running in spark the last 12 months.
    I set up the channel order the way they wanted then which took a bit of time

We started noticing some channel frequencies have changed and as such can no longer be viewed
    How do I update the frequencies in spark without doing a complete reinstall? Thx.

cork_south wrote: »
    I gave my Alien 2 to a relation and had them running in spark the last 12 months.

We started noticing some channel frequencies have changed and as such can no longer be viewed
    How do I update the frequencies in spark without doing a complete reinstall? Thx.

Have you autoboquets installed? That’ll sort it for you

in spark you need to update the transponder frequencys and search again

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Have you autoboquets installed? That’ll sort it for you

Thx. I don't and there is no internet where the box is now so I guess that's not possible unless I bring it home, install it and then bring it again?
    Are there instructions on how to install it in Spark?

Nowso wrote: »
    in spark you need to update the transponder frequencys and search again

I could only see an "Install" option in Spark.

How can you update transponder and search again, will that wipe the channel order in the EPG?

• Advertisement

Thx. I don't and there is no internet where the box is now so I guess that's not possible unless I bring it home, install it and then bring it again?
    Are there instructions on how to install it in Spark?

there isnt any autoqbts on spark thats why i used to do channel lists

Sorry yeah I use the enigma side of things, far better than spark. Sorry nowso!

Sorry yeah I use the enigma side of things, far better than spark. Sorry nowso!

you could set up a stasble fta enigma 2 . even with wooshbuild ud need to reboot every so often to keep epg

I run E2 OpenAtv off my Tiviar and ran it for years on the Amiko (Hyperion) but Spark suits the current user better as it's more basic and less buggy/less prone to crashing.

Its only a handful of channels that are affected so I don't think it's worth reinstalling Spark from scratch as it will take me hours to organise the channels again. If more channels become affected I will bite the bullet.

I run E2 OpenAtv off my Tiviar and ran it for years on the Amiko (Hyperion) but Spark suits the current user better as it's more basic and less buggy/less prone to crashing.

Its only a handful of channels that are affected so I don't think it's worth reinstalling Spark from scratch as it will take me hours to organise the channels again. If more channels become affected I will bite the bullet.

go through the transponders and compare the changes on https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php rescan and organise the few that have changed

I actually don’t use autoboquets on enigma myself, on the very rare occasion a channel disappears I just google the new frequency and enter it manually. My sab is running an ancient Hyperion 4 still and flawless, box is 6 years old now and has saved me an absolute fortune on tv costs

Nowso wrote: »
    go through the transponders and compare the changes on https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php rescan and organise the few that have changed

Thx. Is the rescan option under "Install"?
    Can't check as I won't be back at the box until the weekend.

here is a spark playlist its got a gew channels u need the internet for mixed in but - should be easier to work from

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wm6lmeymg9xq0x3/AADT9Ya4vDNVov_KLKEnzQKOa?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Hey guys I know this is the Spark thread but the Enigma one is locked. I'm trying to repurpose a a few of these as Saorview/FreeSat boxes. I've built one with Open ATV6.2 and gotten the image as I like it but when I backup and restore to the other boxes I can't get Saorview working no matter what I try and a full scan shows up no stations.

The box has no issues with Saorview running Spark any ideas what it could be? Even building from a fresh ATV 6.2 image results in the same the original box working as expected but the others still can't receive saorview

Have you tried building another one from scratch on one of the other boxes?

• Advertisement

tnegun wrote: »
    Hey guys I know this is the Spark thread but the Enigma one is locked. I'm trying to repurpose a a few of these as Saorview/FreeSat boxes. I've built one with Open ATV6.2 and gotten the image as I like it but when I backup and restore to the other boxes I can't get Saorview working no matter what I try and a full scan shows up no stations.

The box has no issues with Saorview running Spark any ideas what it could be? Even building from a fresh ATV 6.2 image results in the same the original box working as expected but the others still can't receive saorview

I revived the enigmma2/ alien/sab triples thread back in 2017, though it's a while since there's been any posts.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057726675
    Check that you have the tuner set up with the right channel spacing for terrestrial. Digital television multiplex in Ireland and UK each occupy 8mhz of the UHF spectrum, the same as an old single analogue channel. In europe the analogue channels are spaced at 7 mhz, so if your box is using this setting it will not tune in the MUX. I'm certain its configurable in the terrestrial tuner settings, I'll have a look later.

done it on a 8900/mini a few years ago - moved them to open atv 6.2 with wooshbuild then a year or 2 back or iptv

Yeah did it on one this morning just before I posted to see was it the backup at fault. It scans all the DVB-T frequencies just comes back with no channels found. I'll download it again and try once more as I used the original download this am.

Yeah did it on one this morning just before I posted to see was it the backup at fault. It scans all the DVB-T frequencies just comes back with no channels found. I'll download it again and try once more as I used the original download this am.

is it set up for cable and not saorview

Looks like its definitely scanning or trying to scan for saorview. Also using 8mhz channels. I'll get a chance to look at everything again after the kids go to bed but I've attached a couple of pics showing the tuner setup.

edit. Something I was wondering is are there different models of tuner in these boxes? I'm thinking the ATV image I have might not have exactly the right driver for it.

on open atv you got to have the tuner and the autobouqets on the same saorview region , the 1st time the saorview dont tend to tune just run it again straight away and it will

also make sure setups are upto date as soarvirew changed a lot of frequencys a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

Anyone else experiencing problems with the saorview EPG.
    All I am getting is the message "viewer advisory"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You need to use the new frequency for the Saorview muxes applicable to the transmitter you are receiving from.

Looks like its definitely scanning or trying to scan for saorview. Also using 8mhz channels. I'll get a chance to look at everything again after the kids go to bed but I've attached a couple of pics showing the tuner setup.

edit. Something I was wondering is are there different models of tuner in these boxes? I'm thinking the ATV image I have might not have exactly the right driver for it.

you have all regions set your specific region and then go into autobouqets and set your area and then run auto bouqets twice if needed

autobouqets will have new frequencys if its on 6.3

• Advertisement

Check frequency changes here. UHF channels from the 50s up are being replaced by lower frequency channels
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Advertisement