Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Ok so I'm no further with mine I've replaced cabling just in case and moved to a different wall outlet, now sometimes when I scan I get a few stations but more often none, Spark still has no problem pulling them all in on the first pass. I've downloaded and installed 6.3 from scratch and I've updated the provider files for ABM but it just says tune failed when i.try update Saoeview

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

tnegun wrote: »
    Ok so I'm no further with mine I've replaced cabling just in case and moved to a different wall outlet, now sometimes when I scan I get a few stations but more often none, Spark still has no problem pulling them all in on the first pass. I've downloaded and installed 6.3 from scratch and I've updated the provider files for ABM but it just says tune failed when i.try update Saoeview

did u set the tuner and autobouqets to the same saorview region not just all regions , in sone aeas u can get it on 2 different areas depending on your ariel position so try that. check the channels your getting it on on spark n see what region that is
    mine fails 1st time i run it again straight away n it works

Not sure I did that for both will double check again later tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Not sure I did that for both will double check again later tonight

Also just do a scan on a single channel no. from the map of a transmitter nearest you. Then check the last scanned bouquet to see whats there.

No difference setting the tuner and ABM both to either Three Rock or Kippure. I'm in Maynooth so think they both cover here. Will try manually set a single channel later and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Tried set the channel manually and scan still nothing, the first box still has no issues scanning with ATV 6.2 just these two whatever is up with them both can tune when using Spark no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

deezell wrote: »
    Check frequency changes here. UHF channels from the 50s up are being replaced by lower frequency channels
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

cheers - scanned for the channels again and all sorted now

Tried set the channel manually and scan still nothing, the first box still has no issues scanning with ATV 6.2 just these two whatever is up with them both can tune when using Spark no problem.

It has to be something up in the backup files. You are adding the image by using restore in spark? Have you tried adding via a boot flash from USB, with just the two files e2jffs2.img and uImage in the Enigma2 folder on the root of a usb. Heres a usable hyperion image to try out.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1c-lgp9WYY4P5M59j7baKpVw0PF2uHIud

Oh just crossed over your post. Scratch the last so.

Ok so the plot thickens on one of the boxes in Spark as soon as I select a channel on channel 30 I loose the ability to view any saorview stations selecting any just returns an error so there must be a hardware fault with this one, have to head out now but will try the other again tonight. These boxes were only ever used for satellite before so maybe had a fault from the beginning on the DVB-T tuner :(

• Advertisement

From the beginning when I first bought my triple box 5-6 years ago, I had problems with Spark when viewing terrestrial channels, in that if I selected RTE one+1, while it was off air, it would crash the box. Similarly for RTE junior when it was off air. This hastened my move to enigma2. I haven't used spark since.

Ok so the plot thickens on one of the boxes in Spark as soon as I select a channel on channel 30 I loose the ability to view any saorview stations selecting any just returns an error so there must be a hardware fault with this one, have to head out now but will try the other again tonight. These boxes were only ever used for satellite before so maybe had a fault from the beginning on the DVB-T tuner :(

thats a long term issue with soarview on spark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

It has to be something up in the backup files. You are adding the image by using restore in spark? Have you tried adding via a boot flash from USB, with just the two files e2jffs2.img and uImage in the Enigma2 folder on the root of a usb. Heres a usable hyperion image to try out.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1c-lgp9WYY4P5M59j7baKpVw0PF2uHIud

Hey deezell - I know this is the Spark thread, but thought I'd post here as there has been some recent activity here. I flashed your image there onto my Amiko, my box was running an older version of Hyperion for about 5 years or so until recently it just crashed!!!

The good news is that it flashed fine and all looks good, the thing is the EPG button is set up for Cool TV Guide but it doesn't work saying "a new version is available, please upgrade it..." It's been years on since I set up the box initially and cant for the life of me remember what's needed to configure a 7 day EPG in enigma2 - any help appreciated, thanks.

Ok so not the tuners then, I'm at a complete loss plugged in a Saorview compatible TV and signal strength is 95% and quality is 100% for channels 30/33 from Three Rock so its just these boxes refuse to tune them. Just one question the references to AutoBouquets does it matter that I'm using AutoBouquetsMaker not AutoBouquets?

im using autoboqetsmaker and it works for me so try that if your on the other one

Using AutoBouquetsMaker too couldn't find an easy way to customize AutoBouquets

Using AutoBouquetsMaker too couldn't find an easy way to customize AutoBouquets

have u 3 rock set as region in autobouqetsmaker and tuner . set freesat to start 1st in the search order aswell , and if soarview dont run run it again straight away

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Hey deezell - I know this is the Spark thread, but thought I'd post here as there has been some recent activity here. I flashed your image there onto my Amiko, my box was running an older version of Hyperion for about 5 years or so until recently it just crashed!!!

The good news is that it flashed fine and all looks good, the thing is the EPG button is set up for Cool TV Guide but it doesn't work saying "a new version is available, please upgrade it..." It's been years on since I set up the box initially and cant for the life of me remember what's needed to configure a 7 day EPG in enigma2 - any help appreciated, thanks.
    Cool just displays the epg data attached to the channel , now next. To load the 7 day epg you will need to run the CrossEpgDownloader in the plugins menu. This will populate the epg.dat file on your hard drive or stick. You may have to make sure that crossepg is configured to see your drive, if I can remember back all those years, an image from one box may contain reference to an incorrect disk drive, as its not likely to be the same type as saved on tge source image. If crossepg trys to save to box memory, it will crash e2, as the epg file is quite large. Once epg data is loaded and saved, the standard guide (middle button press) or Cool (epg button) will show the program info for each channel, and you can look across a whole week using scroll for Cool, or the coloured buttons I think when using the standard guide. I haven't touched this box for ages, only use it to stream sat to my phone. I notice saorview epg info is replaced with a viewer advisory, I rescanned Kippure to the new muxes on ch 34/35, but not getting the saorview epg, still just the advisory. No biggie, I watch Saorview directly on the telly, it's tuner is better able for saorview channel changes.

Aha! Saorview epg just populated there now. Kippure muxes ch54 and 58 are going off air in March, replaced by 34 and 35.

Cool just displays the epg data attached to the channel , now next. To load the 7 day epg you will need to run the CrossEpgDownloader in the plugins menu. This will populate the epg.dat file on your hard drive or stick. You may have to make sure that crossepg is configured to see your drive, if I can remember back all those years, an image from one box may contain reference to an incorrect disk drive, as its not likely to be the same type as saved on tge source image. If crossepg trys to save to box memory, it will crash e2, as the epg file is quite large. Once epg data is loaded and saved, the standard guide (middle button press) or Cool (epg button) will show the program info for each channel, and you can look across a whole week using scroll for Cool, or the coloured buttons I think when using the standard guide. I haven't touched this box for ages, only use it to stream sat to my phone. I notice saorview epg info is replaced with a viewer advisory, I rescanned Kippure to the new muxes on ch 34/35, but not getting the saorview epg, still just the advisory. No biggie, I watch Saorview directly on the telly, it's tuner is better able for saorview channel changes.

Cheers deezell - if memory serves me right do I need to telnet into the box to configure crossepg to a specific drive?

Just need the 7 day EPG for satellite, getting saorview through the TV - as you say is no biggie.

Cheers.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    have u 3 rock set as region in autobouqetsmaker and tuner . set freesat to start 1st in the search order aswell , and if soarview dont run run it again straight away

Thanks will give this a shot tonight

Cheers deezell - if memory serves me right do I need to telnet into the box to configure crossepg to a specific drive?

Just need the 7 day EPG for satellite, getting saorview through the TV - as you say is no biggie.

Cheers.

Thanks.

Theres a CrossEpgConfig in thr menus? Can't remember, I went to look last night but got sidetracked by Saorview viewer advisory. By the time I got that sorted (Saoview uses ch. nos., but hyperion tunes in frequency), I'd forgotten what it was I hooked up the box for. I'll look later.

Cheers.

Thanks.

Here it is. Menu/Setup/CrossEPG/Configure/Storage Device

500730.png

Here it is. Menu/Setup/CrossEPG/Configure/Storage Device

500730.png

Cheers deezell, still no luck. My storage device is set to USB Drive. I reloaded the crossepg and when I press EPG the Cool guide tries to open but the Cool TV Guide reports the same message i.e. New version is now available, please upgrade it at CoolTVGuide.com!!!

Is there another 7 day EPG I could install, or shout-out to any one who has a working image I could try and load?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Cheers deezell, still no luck. My storage device is set to USB Drive. I reloaded the crossepg and when I press EPG the Cool guide tries to open but the Cool TV Guide reports the same message i.e. New version is now available, please upgrade it at CoolTVGuide.com!!!

Is there another 7 day EPG I could install, or shout-out to any one who has a working image I could try and load?

Thanks.

I had that problem on an old Hyperion 5 image, I flashed an older 4.5 image and the cooltvguide worked fine for a year or two., I’m now getting the same message when I press the epg button but it’s not stopping it from working, I’ll probably flash a new clean image and see if I can figure a way of installing the newest version of cooltvguide onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

That’s the version I’m using at the moment

Thanks.
    Thats odd, thats pretty much the image I'm using. I get the cool version message, but it still worked. Maybe I updated it after I saved that image. Let me look......

.....This is the updated cool guide I think,
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QaXlpcEF0UGxyTXc/view?usp=drivesdk
    IIRC, coolman put a timebomb (is that the term?) in his original code, which killed the plugin . Around that time it was announced he had also expired, much sympathy on the enigma fora Then he came back to life, and updated CoolEpg Now how do you update plugins, I forget, but easy to find out.
    Meantime, just press the mddle/ok button in the scroll keys to get the standard epg, you can then press the colour buttons for different epg views, highlight a channel using scroll up and down, then press info to open 7day epg of the highlighted channel, like below.

500765.jpg

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    That’s the version I’m using at the moment

Same here, there must be another version. I think that image I posted is from 2015, it would have the bombed version of cool on it, pre 2017. Could do with newer picons.....
    500767.jpg

Nowso wrote: »

Again no joy with that so I downloaded OpenATV 6.1 did zero config bar set the tuner country to Ireland and it got all channels on the first pass must be a driver or other internal issue with 6.2/6.3 and these boxes.

• Advertisement

Again no joy with that so I downloaded OpenATV 6.1 did zero config bar set the tuner country to Ireland and it got all channels on the first pass must be a driver or other internal issue with 6.2/6.3 and these boxes.

strange mine fine on 6.2 and 6.3 . it might be bit out of date but might do the job - did u try install wooshbuild on 6.3

Advertisement