Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Cheers deezell, still no luck. My storage device is set to USB Drive. I reloaded the crossepg and when I press EPG the Cool guide tries to open but the Cool TV Guide reports the same message i.e. New version is now available, please upgrade it at CoolTVGuide.com!!!

Is there another 7 day EPG I could install, or shout-out to any one who has a working image I could try and load?

Thanks.

Here's a version of the python file which has been updated to resolve the message problem.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzftHgAu7cL-QYXNGRHFjbXpCejA/view?usp=drivesdk
    You ftp in and remove the plugin.pyo file from the cool plugin directories, drop this plugin.py file in and restart enigma2 box. It compiles to .pyo I think on reboot. Theres a full.ipk also of you want to install from scratch.
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/118449-cool-tv-guide-update-message/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Nowso wrote: »
    strange mine fine on 6.2 and 6.3 . it might be bit out of date but might do the job - did u try install wooshbuild on 6.3

No got preoccupied with getting just Saorview working. I had a quick look at the wooshbuild site but could exactly figure out what it gives me. Does it sit on top of OpenATV and takes care of a lot of the plugin install/config for you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

tnegun wrote: »
    No got preoccupied with getting just Saorview working. I had a quick look at the wooshbuild site but could exactly figure out what it gives me. Does it sit on top of OpenATV and takes care of a lot of the plugin install/config for you?

yeah it installs everything you need for whatver options - i use that all the time now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

deezell wrote: »
    Here's a version of the python file which has been updated to resolve the message problem.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzftHgAu7cL-QYXNGRHFjbXpCejA/view?usp=drivesdk
    You ftp in and remove the plugin.pyo file from the cool plugin directories, drop this plugin.py file in and restart enigma2 box. It compiles to .pyo I think on reboot. Theres a full.ipk also of you want to install from scratch.
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/118449-cool-tv-guide-update-message/

Cheers deezell - I'll try get around to trying this tonight, appreciate it :)

Thats odd, thats pretty much the image I'm using. I get the cool version message, but it still worked. Maybe I updated it after I saved that image. Let me look......

.....This is the updated cool guide I think,
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztHgAu7cL-QaXlpcEF0UGxyTXc/view?usp=drivesdk
    IIRC, coolman put a timebomb (is that the term?) in his original code, which killed the plugin . Around that time it was announced he had also expired, much sympathy on the enigma fora Then he came back to life, and updated CoolEpg Now how do you update plugins, I forget, but easy to find out.
    Meantime, just press the mddle/ok button in the scroll keys to get the standard epg, you can then press the colour buttons for different epg views, highlight a channel using scroll up and down, then press info to open 7day epg of the highlighted channel, like below.

Hey deezell - thanks for the linuxsat link, did a full reinstall of the IPK from there, but also had to put a newer version again of the plugin.py (page 4 of the thread you linked). All working now, only thing left now is to customise it i.e. try and get the channels in order (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4, More4 etc....) and remove all the other channels we don't watch....)

If I recall correctly was there an application available to customise the EPG, or is it all manual from the remote control???
    Thanks again for the help :)

• Advertisement

Hey deezell - thanks for the linuxsat link, did a full reinstall of the IPK from there, but also had to put a newer version again of the plugin.py (page 4 of the thread you linked). All working now, only thing left now is to customise it i.e. try and get the channels in order (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4, More4 etc....) and remove all the other channels we don't watch....)

If I recall correctly was there an application available to customise the EPG, or is it all manual from the remote control???
    Thanks again for the help :)

That would be dreambox edit. You FTP down bouquets, edit, and upload. There was another program I think done somrthing similar.
    If you just call up the box web interface (webif), by sticking the box ip in a browser, you can sort, edit and delete channels from the bouquets. Heres the interface;

To use, select sat or terrestrial, all the tuned channels appear in bottom left pane. Select bouquet on top right pane, current channels in this bouquet appear in bottom right pane. Highlight a channel, then either delete it of add a channel from the sat list below it. I think theres a problem with the move arrows, on the left of the channel name. Dont seem to work.
    500855.jpg

These changes instant btw, no need to reboot unlike dreamedit

That would be dreambox edit. You FTP down bouquets, edit, and upload. There was another program I think done somrthing similar.
    If you just call up the box web interface (webif), by sticking the box ip in a browser, you can sort, edit and delete channels from the bouquets. Heres the interface;

To use, select sat or terrestrial, all the tuned channels appear in bottom left pane. Select bouquet on top right pane, current channels in this bouquet appear in bottom right pane. Highlight a channel, then either delete it of add a channel from the sat list below it. I think theres a problem with the move arrows, on the left of the channel name. Dont seem to work.
    These changes instant btw, no need to reboot unlike dreamedit

Cheers guys - I'll take a look and see how it goes, will try the webif first.

Cheers guys - I'll take a look and see how it goes, will try the webif first.

Gone mad now quoting myself :pac:

Tried openwebif and I don't get all the channels on the left under Satellites - on;y 5 there, tried services and there is nothing listed?

The scroll buttons on the right? On chome on android. You just scroll with your finger

• Advertisement

Its all coming back to me. The other software is Dreambox Control Centre, (DCC), here;
    https://dreambox-control-center.software.informer.com/2.9/

The scroll buttons on the right? On chome on android. You just scroll with your finger

Using Chrome from laptop and there is nothing to scroll with, that's all the channels that get populated.

Cheers for the DCC - looks like a handy tool but I can't find any feature in there that I can edit bouquets with?

Using Chrome from laptop and there is nothing to scroll with, that's all the channels that get populated.

Cheers for the DCC - looks like a handy tool but I can't find any feature in there that I can edit bouquets with?

DCC was not much use for bouquet editing alright, but it was possible to open files and monkey around with the scripts.
    The picture you posted had an up scroll arrow to the right of the 5 displayed channels, was the lower one cropped? Did they work? Try it on a phone, it scrolls with your finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Silly Q. what is listed under "All channels" ?
    That look like it only scanned one TP.

Good point, I'm wondering did you do a sat scan and set the delete tick box, though that should only clear that tp's previous entries in the whatsitcalled file that stores all the tuned data.

Its possible to delete this but still have the tp data in the bouquets. I think.

Silly Q. what is listed under "All channels" ?
    That look like it only scanned one TP.

At work now, but I think there was either nothing or the text "TR". No matter what tab I clicked TV/Satellites, Provides or All Channels there were no channels displayed other than the 5 under 28.2E -New.

Excuse my ignorance - what's TP?
    Good point, I'm wondering did you do a sat scan and set the delete tick box, though that should only clear that tp's previous entries in the whatsitcalled file that stores all the tuned data.

I tried Chrome from my tablet and same thing. Nothing else to scroll. I haven't done a scan since updating the Cool EPG, but I think when I initially did the sat scan there was an option to "clear before scan" or something along those lines???

Would it be worth doing another sat scan? Any reccomendations as to what settings I should have set up with respect to this? Thanks.

A tp is a transponder, like a multiplex in terrestrial, a single band of frequencies that contains typically 5-8 channels. Do a full auto scan of astra 28.2 It takes a bit of time to complete.

Also, update satellites.xml before scanning,the version on that image is aged. This is up to date. Unzip and ftp into the box
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZ6_o2weNAXtxLz9260BNxA9GqO5MJ7R/view?usp=drivesdk

A tp is a transponder, like a multiplex in terrestrial, a single band of frequencies that contains typically 5-8 channels. Do a full auto scan of astra 28.2 It takes a bit of time to complete.
    Also, update satellites.xml before scanning,the version on that image is aged. This is up to date. Unzip and ftp into the box
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZ6_o2weNAXtxLz9260BNxA9GqO5MJ7R/view?usp=drivesdk

Cheers deezell - will try it this evening :)

• Advertisement

Hey deezell - what directory should I ftp this file to? Thanks.

Hey deezell - what directory should I ftp this file to? Thanks.

/etc/tuxbox

/etc/tuxbox

No luck. I copied the satellite.xml to that directory and did a full sat scan, open webif still shows exactly the same :(

/etc/tuxbox

What's odd is that when I press the OK key, green for Satellites I can see the transponders, selecting Services you can see a comprehensive list of channels. I would expect to see these under the Edit bouqets option in open webif - no?

I would indeed. Its baffling. Do you have any bouquets visible when you select epg on Webif, or on the box when you select favoutites (blue button) when in box epg. The only other thing that I can think off is that the box is populating the existing bouquets with the scanned service references, if you've ticked clear before scan, preventing population of the service list somehow. I think I recall that service references are updated on favourite/ bouguet lists only if you scan and clear, otherwise the tp or mux scan appears in the "last scanned" bouquet, and dead channels in bouquets with out of date information will remain dead until you drop the new but unallocated service into a bouquet, and delete the dead version.
    Try scanning a few tps without clear before scan, see if they drop channels into the last scanned bouquet, and see if they appear in the webif service list.
    Also, try dreambox edit, ftp down the service list and bouquets, if the service list on the left is populated, then there's something amiss with webif

500973.jpg

I would indeed. Its baffling. Do you have any bouquets visible when you select epg on Webif, or on the box when you select favoutites (blue button) when in box epg. The only other thing that I can think off is that the box is populating the existing bouquets with the scanned service references, if you've ticked clear before scan, preventing population of the service list somehow. I think I recall that service references are updated on favourite/ bouguet lists only if you scan and clear, otherwise the tp or mux scan appears in the "last scanned" bouquet, and dead channels in bouquets with out of date information will remain dead until you drop the new but unallocated service into a bouquet, and delete the dead version.
    Try scanning a few tps without clear before scan, see if they drop channels into the last scanned bouquet, and see if they appear in the webif service list.
    Also, try dreambox edit, ftp down the service list and bouquets, if the service list on the left is populated, then there's something amiss with webif

Ahh cheers deezell - Dreambox edit was something I used years back to create boquets, I'll take a look at tit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

... I'll take a look at tit later.

Mnnnnnnnn .... pics please

:D:D

Ahh cheers deezell - Dreambox edit was something I used years back to create boquets, I'll take a look at tit later.

That'll do it alright (,)(,)

Hi deezell - making progress creating a favorites bouquet with dreambox edit, but what's odd is that channels like Channel 4, E4, Film4, ITV2, More4 etc... are present but cannot see any programs - Film4+1 is there and we can see a program?? Also - I can't seem to find ITV, any ideas what's going on? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Things like Film4 HD, ITV 2,3,4 HD and E4 HD etc are subscription channels. You CAN get CH4HD and ITV1HD

Advertisement