Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Nowso wrote: »
    you can set time by transponder or via internet aswell it seems your net may not be working go into settings network and make sure dhcp is on and ur connection is live

didnt work. the internet is working definetly as i can connect the opera ap on it. spark net is not working . i think its the box itself as its old and was an end of line with no support from my seller. is there anyway i can use the usb key for extra memory to help download the full epg. also cant find what button to use to flash the box with open atv 6.1. was gonna try load wooshbuild onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

forgot to mention my firmware version is 1.2.84

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

forgot to mention my firmware version is 1.2.84

yes a usb /hard drive good for epg - ive installed wooshbuild today on an 8900 can be tricky at times

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I have been using Freshpots Hyperion 4.5 without any major issues for a long time now. Is there any new consistent image out there?

Any new boxes that outperform the Amiko Alien 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

cyndale wrote: »
    I have been using Freshpots Hyperion 4.5 without any major issues for a long time now. Is there any new consistent image out there?

Any new boxes that outperform the Amiko Alien 2?

The Zgemma H7S makes an AA2 look like a pushbike compared to a Ferrari.

• Advertisement

That's great to hear! I am too old for a pushbike, well that is what I am going to tell my wife, ha!

Who sells them in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Dont know if anyone here sells them but WoS linked above will install whatever image you want plus HDD etc. Also Sterling is weak just now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

The Zgemma H7S makes an AA2 look like a pushbike compared to a Ferrari.

I see it mentions something about a stalker app, does that mean it can be used for iptv like a mag box?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

One thing though ,the picture quality of them still cant be beaten ,especially standard definition.
    I thought the Arm based receivers like the H7 and the Octagon Sf8008 would give similar picture quality but unfortunately thats not been the case,much to my disappointment.

The Aliens are old now ,they came out in 2012 I think ,things have moved on an awful lot since then .
    There are some really powerful receivers for under 100 euro now ,that have great specs.

Zardoz wrote: »
    One thing though ,the picture quality of them still cant be beaten ,especially standard definition.
    I thought the Arm based receivers like the H7 and the Octagon Sf8008 would give similar picture quality but unfortunately thats not been the case,much to my disappointment.

The Aliens are old now ,they came out in 2012 I think ,things have moved on an awful lot since then .
    There are some really powerful receivers for under 100 euro now ,that have great specs.

Just for clarity, which box still can't be beaten for standard definition?

• Advertisement

Just for clarity, which box still can't be beaten for standard definition?

The Alien 1 and 2.

The Alien 1 and 2.

Thanks for that, I thought so! My Amiko Alien 2 has served me well!

Thanks for that, I thought so! My Amiko Alien 2 has served me well!

I had a bit of time today so I put the Alien 2 back into usage in the kitchen.
    I flashed the PurE2 image onto it as I've heard good things about it .
    Very impressed with it so far ,its got some very nice features and loads of plugins on the feed.

For example , you can run the image off a usb drive so the flash memory size isn't restricted.
    You can have different images on different partitions ,so you can multiboot.

Anybody else using PurE2 ?

Very impressed with it so far ,its got some very nice features and loads of plugins on the feed.

For example , you can run the image off a usb drive so the flash memory size isn't restricted.

Can you send a link for the PurE2 Image please. Would love to try it, thanks!

Can you send a link for the PurE2 Image please. Would love to try it, thanks!

http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.3/fulan/
    or
    http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.5/fulan/

I installed version 6.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

So you can say replace Hyperion with PurE2, reboot in PurE2, then using I assume some utility in the image, move it to a partitioned usb drive, then you can add other image backups such as your original Hyperion backup you made before you reflashed, and have it or PurE2 as a choice of boot up images, while the flash memory remains free.
    Am I on the right track here, and while I'm asking, whats the fastest way to back up your current image into that same two file image in a folder named enigma2. Its been so long I've forgotten.

To answer my own question, OpenMultiBoot is a plugin, which presumably is box specific. It carries the warning, "if it works on your STB". Version 2.5 is for OpenPli, which is Hyperion? I wonder can I install this first while in Hyperion, then use it to disk boot PurE2. Only one way to find out....

http://www.hd-digital-satcrew.com/forum/board385-pur-e2-image-bereich/board396-plugins-auf-dem-pur-e2-online-feed/29007-open-multi-boot-if-it-works-in-your-stb/

I used this tutorial Deezell to install the images
    http://www.hd-digital-satcrew.com/forum/board1-start-allgemein/board207-faqs-f%C3%BCr-anf%C3%A4nger-der-sat-technik/board208-faqs-f%C3%BCr-plugins/31964-image-manager-for-multiboot-in-sh4-stbs/

I tried to install a Hyperion backup to one of the partitions on the usb drive but it gave an error ,as I believe the backup needs to be the compressed type .
    The backups created using the Spark plugin are not compressed .
    I will have another try later.

http://www.hd-digital-satcrew.com/forum/board1-start-allgemein/board207-faqs-f%C3%BCr-anf%C3%A4nger-der-sat-technik/board208-faqs-f%C3%BCr-plugins/31964-image-manager-for-multiboot-in-sh4-stbs/

I tried to install a Hyperion backup to one of the partitions on the usb drive but it gave an error ,as I believe the backup needs to be the compressed type .
    Are you running the PurE2 image from the Amiko or the USB?

Are you running the PurE2 image from the Amiko or the USB?

I have a basic PurE2 image installed in the Amiko flash memory and a bigger image with plugins on the usb.

• Advertisement

I have a basic PurE2 image installed in the Amiko flash memory and a bigger image with plugins on the usb.

So how do you get the image onto the USB?

So how do you get the image with plugins onto the USB?

So how do you get the image onto the USB?

Its all in the tutorial I linked.
    I built the image on the internal flash and then I copied that image to the usb using the image manager plugin.
    I then booted from that image on the usb drive and added extra plugins etc.

I built the image on the internal flash and then I copied that image to the usb using the image manager plugin.

Is picture quality on HD/SD as good as (or better than) Hyperion 4.5? Many green screens? I have to say I rarely get a green screen with 4.5, usually my fault if I do!

Is picture quality on HD/SD as good as (or better than) Hyperion 4.5? Many green screens? I have to say I rarely get a green screen with 4.5, usually my fault if I do!

Same picture quality as Hyperion.

I've had very few crashes ,its locked up a few times though but I was installing stuff so thats to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I've a bit of spare time so I'm gonna give that new image a go today. Havnt tinkered with the sab in a long time!

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I've a bit of spare time so I'm gonna give that new image a go today. Havnt tinkered with the sab in a long time!
    I am just afraid with all that is going on in our world that I might bugger it up and have no telly, ha!

I'd give this a go, that tutorial in the Swahili English blog is indecipherable, but another poster at the end of Ahmed's Holi inspired blog has rewritten the procedure really well, so I'll follow that, but first I absolutely want a flash backup of my PKTeam Hyperion install, not the big file by file backup. I might also work from a different USB drive, rather than partitioning my existing solid state one. Think I can do the compressed flash backup from within Hyperion, can't remember.

I have remembered how to make flash backups from within Hyperion, it's in the blue panel, System/Backup/Make full backup, then select Flash from the Full backup type. This makes the e2jffs2.img and uImage files, which you can then add to one of your partitions and use the OpenMultiBoot plugin to install on one of your USB drive partitions. Gives me cover in that I can restore hyperion if I mess up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Interesting!

I haven't even turned mine on in probably over 18months or more

Whats the latest image/date?

Might give me something to do after all the housework, DIY, Gardening etc. etc is exhausted :rolleyes: :pac:

Advertisement