Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Might give me something to do after all the housework, DIY, Gardening etc. etc is exhausted :rolleyes: :pac:

Ah! Will ye stop! You will have me crying in a minute!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A few days of usage and I'm very impressed with PurE2.

I've normal satellite tv running on and it runs Xtream Editor IPTV streams well too.

E2iplayer runs and I tried playing some files off a hard drive 720p and 1080p x264 files and it ran them too .

The Aliens have a new lease of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Zardoz wrote: »
    A few days of usage and I'm very impressed with PurE2.

I've normal satellite tv running on and it runs Xtream Editor IPTV streams well too.

E2iplayer runs and I tried playing some files off a hard drive 720p and 1080p x264 files and it ran them too .

The Aliens have a new lease of life.

is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24DJb02B9ng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptgi9Qla3xA

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

will the PurE2 image work on the old Amiko tripple tuner box?

• Advertisement

m8 wrote: »
    will the PurE2 image work on the old Amiko tripple tuner box?

Yes,thats what I installed it on.

There doesn't seem to be another box being talked about like the Amiko Alien 2 triple tuner readily available, or is there! I know the ZGemma was mentiond but not for sale here from what I gather!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

cyndale wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be another box being talked about like the Amiko Alien 2 triple tuner readily available, or is there! I know the ZGemma was mentiond but not for sale here from what I gather!

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma-h7s

They'll deliver to Ireland. I got mine on Amazon, it cost more but I had vouchers to was cheaper for me. They'll definitely deliver to Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

could i try installing this on my SAB seeing as its basically a clone of the amiko.

could i try installing this on my SAB seeing as its basically a clone of the amiko.

It should work on all Fulan models ,I have a Triplex .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I've just installed 6.3 on my Sab triplex. I like the skin that comes installed on it but it seems a little bit slow on channel change and some menus, any idea if the default skin would be faster or any settings that i could change to help it run a bit smoother? Any idea if I could get the bare image without any junk installed and build it myself? I dont use any plugins

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I've just installed 6.3 on my Sab triplex. I like the skin that comes installed on it but it seems a little bit slow on channel change and some menus, any idea if the default skin would be faster or any settings that i could change to help it run a bit smoother? Any idea if I could get the bare image without any junk installed and build it myself? I dont use any plugins

Yes,the default skin is much faster.
    Make sure epg is saved to a usb drive as opposed to internal flash otherwise it will slow the performance down.

Yes,the default skin is much faster.
    Make sure epg is saved to a usb drive as opposed to internal flash otherwise it will slow the performance down.

Cheers Zardoz I'll switch skins and see how it goes, epg is saved to the external hard drive as are recordings. Any ideas on a bare image?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Yes,thats what I installed it on.

Have a pop at this last night, used a 16G stick I had lying about. Made 3 partitions of 1.5G, the rest for HDD. I didn't flash PurE2, rather I worked in hyperion, followed the guide from the poster Gorski further down the blog after Ahmeds original post here
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/137448-explained-how-to-install-enigma2-image-on-the-external-flash-by-plugin-image-man/

Hyperion behaved impeccably, and once I had it running normally to it's new partitioned ext4 drive, I set about installing the plugin image manager, not PurE2 open multiboot.
    https://www.linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/138130-enigma2-plugin-extensions-imagemanager-2-5-5-sh4-ipk/
    This plugin allowed me to place the PurE2 image on Partiton Sda 3, my own Hyperion backup on Sda 2, and a spare partition Sda 1.
    My only concern was getting back to Hyperion once I booted into PurE2, the advise on the blog was to subsequently install image manager plugin on each image, so you can swap post boot to them. The PurE2 pluging Open Multiboot fan be set to pre boot selection of the image, so I decided to install it, which 'May' work on your box according to its blog. It installed, and I set it to pre boot selection. I rebooted, but it is only giving me the choice of PurE2 on Flash, even though it's on Sda 3, and Hyperion should be on box flash. It didn't see my backup of Hyperion instslled on Sda 2 either, so I can't get back to Hyperion, for the moment. I'll reinstall my Hyperion backup on Sda 2 using Open Multi boot, which should let me pre boot select either image. Meantime had an hour or so to try out PurE2. I can't say I like the blue interface, and tuning the says was a pain, as the sat tuners refused to change from DBC cable, until I disabled that, then I could set then to DBS2. Too early to say what I think, but already I've found that the Webif interface won't play streams. I'll see how it goes.

So I couldn't get back to Hyperion from PurE2 using Multi boot, and a new install of my Hyperion backup to partition Sda 1 using Multiboot didn't take, so I installed the image manager plugin on pure2. No nonsense, I was immediately able to boot back to Hyperion from the box, and then copy this known good image to partition Sda 2 to give me a drive based version of it, no memory problems. Image manager is the business, made feasible by hard disk sized solid state drives with no moving parts, as I believe you would trash an actual hard disk running an image off it. Great fun, I'll pop back to PurE2 later and try out their myriad plugins. Alien Resurrection!

Good to hear that Deezell.
    I only used the image manager plugin in my tests .

So did you install image manager in Hyperion too ?
    Image manager is the business, made feasible by hard disk sized solid state drives with no moving parts, as I believe you would trash an actual hard disk running an image off it

Yeah the read and writes would be too much for a physical hard drive ,it would be too slow too .

A USB flash drive isnt 100% ideal to run off either,as the flash memory modules have a limited number of read and write operations and they can get corrupted over time.
    I used to run ubuntu servers off flash drives and a few got corrupted over time.
    It should be fine for Enigma 2 though as its not running 24/7.

Good to hear that Deezell.
    I only used the image manager plugin in my tests .

So did you install image manager in Hyperion too ?.

Yes, beginning in Hyperion, then onto PurE2 in order to swap back to Hyperion, or to switch to a usb flash version of Hyperion with no memory limitations for plugins. I can now safely play with PurE2, or try some other image on my spare partition.
    I think Pure OpenMultiBoot plugin might work on the alien, if used from scratch, but it wouldn't show boot partitions choices created by Image Manager when rebooting PurE2. That would be useful, to not have to boot twice from cold to change image, but if you are already live in an image, Image Mananger is simple to use to switch over.

The ImageManager Plugin interface, just a click away from changing over from Hyperion to PurE2 or any other chosen Boot image partition. It's the business. Lots of Modes.
    "Multi Boot", (shown), reboots to new image.
    "Copy", will take an image from Nand flash and place on a boot partition, perfect for moving your existing box image to a memory unlimited partition to mess about with.
    "Backup", "Installation" etc. Top plugin.

508040.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Pure E2 sounds right up my street. Time to dust of the aa2.

deezell wrote: »
    The ImageManager Plugin interface, just a click away from changing over from Hyperion to PurE2 or any other chosen Boot image partition. It's the business. Lots of Modes.
    "Multi Boot", (shown), reboots to new image.
    "Copy", will take an image from Nand flash and place on a boot partition, perfect for moving your existing box image to a memory unlimited partition to mess about with.
    "Backup", "Installation" etc. Top plugin.

508040.jpg
    Can you post some screengrabs of the PurE2 channel list and suchlike, please!

• Advertisement

Thee you go, that's the default skin. Keeps bugging out for me so I'm going back to hyperion, ain't listening to the missus moaning anymore! Would love to try it without all the plugins but cant find the basic image anywhere

Hey Nowso I'm actually tempted to try out the spark side of things as I reckon it might suit the wife perfectly, can you link/ reccomend me a nice image please?

Thee you go, that's the default skin. Keeps bugging out for me so I'm going back to hyperion, ain't listening to the missus moaning anymore! Would love to try it without all the plugins but cant find the basic image anywhere

Thanks for that, not showing EPG for satellite channels?

Thanks for that, not showing EPG for satellite channels?

It was fully populated but crashed a few minutes before that pic so I switched back to hyperion, I'm trying to set up spark at the moment but cant connect it to the internet to upgrade for some reason

My Spark 1.2.8.4 won't connect to internet either.

Is that the most recent version? I read something about having to upgrade to the most recent image via USB before it will connect to the net

It was fully populated but crashed a few minutes before that pic so I switched back to hyperion, I'm trying to set up spark at the moment but cant connect it to the internet to upgrade for some reason

We're you writing epg.dat to the flash memory instead of disk drive?

Is that the most recent version? I read something about having to upgrade to the most recent image via USB before it will connect to the net

As far as I know.

• Advertisement

Can you post some screengrabs of the PurE2 channel list and suchlike, please!

EPG configure

508292.jpg

EPG

508293.jpg

MENU

508294.jpg

Advertisement