Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

cyndale wrote: »
    As far as I know.

I checked back through some posts and 5 months ago it was 1.2.8.3

Watching something so can't check it.

deezell wrote: »
    EPG configure

508292.jpg

EPG

508293.jpg

MENU

508294.jpg

Thsnks for those. Uf somebody can it to work consistently I will give it a try. I settled on Hyperion 4.5 because it is practically bug free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Thsnks for those. Uf somebody can it to work consistently I will give it a try. I settled on Hyperion 4.5 because it is practically bug free.

I have to say it's flying, though it's own Multiboot plugin was dodgy, I used ImageManager instead. Here's another menu. Note available memory bottom right, over 1.2GB, as it's running in an SDD partition. Not going to run out.

Plugin Config

508295.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

We're you writing epg.dat to the flash memory instead of disk drive?

No it's going to the hard drive, I was getting the spinning wheel of doom in the corner of the screen a good few times a day. Especially using terrestrial channels

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    No it's going to the hard drive, I was getting the spinning wheel of doom in the corner of the screen a good few times a day. Especially using terrestrial channels

I don't know if means anything, but I've always had problems with terrestrial, especially if RTE left on the box, while streaming a sat channel. I'd come back to the box and the screen would be frozen. More often I would just need to switch to a sat channell to clear it. Thing is, since I've changed my drive to solid state and all EXT4 format in order to multiboot, Hyperion is flying too. No freezes, Webif more responsive, so I think NTFS disk access was to blame, or maybe the power pull from the spinning usb powered disk. My terrestrial reception was poor also, maybe on 50db signal strength, and strangest thing, when I stream a sat channel to the phone while watching RTE with the Info button pressed, the signal strength onscreen would dip by 10+ when I hit the stream button, the circle would spin and RTE would freeze. Mad.

• Advertisement

I don't know if means anything, but I've always had problems with terrestrial, especially if RTE left on the box, while streaming a sat channel. I'd come back to the box and the screen would be frozen. More often I would just need to switch to a sat channell to clear it. Thing is, since I've changed my drive to solid state and all EXT4 format in order to multiboot, Hyperion is flying too. No freezes, Webif more responsive, so I think NTFS disk access was to blame, or maybe the power pull from the spinning usb powered disk. My terrestrial reception was poor also, maybe on 50db signal strength, and strangest thing, when I stream a sat channel to the phone while watching RTE with the Info button pressed, the signal strength onscreen would dip by 10+ when I hit the stream button, the circle would spin and RTE would freeze. Mad.

I'd love to go all out and try the multi boot option, probably a bit too far beyond my capabilities though! It's crazy seeing you with over 1gb of free memory, I sometimes only have 5mb on mine. I have the tv to myself for the morning so I'll have another tinker with a few things

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Installed pure2 and mulitboot with limited success. Pure2 was easy to install as was the multi boot plugin bit I think there's something up with my dish/lnb or one of the tuners as tuner b won't pick up a signal. While I could pull in 555 channels on 28.2 I thought there should have been 900+ if memory serves me right?

I didn't mess around with it too much but recording seemed to still point at internal flash despite saying it was going to /media/HDD. When I went to record it would fail saying disk full.

Channel changes definitely seem slower on pure2 than on Hyperion. If I do bother to look at it again I'll try out Hyperion. At the moment I have an IPTV sub on an android box so I was really only trying this for curiousity sake.

Jesus who ever said spark was simple to use??? What an absolute nightmare to try set up, wont connect to the net, managed to update it through the USB but the satellite scanning is a pita and channel sorting a right kerfuffle, I'll go back to hyperion till my brain has had a rest

Jesus who ever said spark was simple to use??? What an absolute nightmare to try set up, wont connect to the net, managed to update it through the USB but the satellite scanning is a pita and channel sorting a right kerfuffle, I'll go back to hyperion till my brain has had a rest

I just don't like the look of Spark, pretty basic compared to Hyperion 4.5.

So what version of Spark did you download?

• Advertisement

So what version of Spark did you download?

1.2.7 or something. Wasnt the newest but was the only one I could find online that suits my sab box

DopeTech wrote: »
    Installed pure2 and mulitboot with limited success. Pure2 was easy to install as was the multi boot plugin bit I think there's something up with my dish/lnb or one of the tuners as tuner b won't pick up a signal. While I could pull in 555 channels on 28.2 I thought there should have been 900+ if memory serves me right?

I didn't mess around with it too much but recording seemed to still point at internal flash despite saying it was going to /media/HDD. When I went to record it would fail saying disk full.

Channel changes definitely seem slower on pure2 than on Hyperion. If I do bother to look at it again I'll try out Hyperion. At the moment I have an IPTV sub on an android box so I was really only trying this for curiousity sake.
    Use DCC or Filezilla FTP to see if there's a media/HDD folder on the pure boot partition or go to recording settings and see if its pointed to the correct partition for recording, preferably one reserved for that, not the one containing Pure.
    The lack of tuned channels pounts to either your dish not changing polarity or band

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i installed wooshbuild on open atv 6.3 on an alien 2 and an 8900

might have needed a reboot or 2 in the middle but installed and works decent - dont set up for iptv as android boxes are much better for that

Still enjoying Hyperion 4.5, about 1 green screen a year and usually that is me messing around with it.

AWUcisS.jpg

T3yMBhk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Still enjoying Hyperion 4.5, about 1 green screen a year and usually that is me messing around with it.

Well if it aint broke ...

Curiosity killed the cat and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

1.2.7 or something. Wasnt the newest but was the only one I could find online that suits my sab box
    1.2.8 here on my SAB. it wont connect to the net on the spark ap even though the system is connected.

1.2.8 here on my SAB. it wont connect to the net on the spark ap even though the system is connected.

I have 1.2.83 on mine... same as you won't connect to the internet. I think it is happening because there are no more updates for Spark.

connects fine on my alien 2

Nowso wrote: »
    connects fine on my alien 2

What version of Spark?

• Advertisement

What version of Spark?

1.2.83 have it connected via vifi with dhcp on
    change the ddns maybe to 8.8.8.8 if that might be the issue

was very handy to watch cheltenham in hd on racing tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Nowso wrote: »
    1.2.83 have it connected via vifi with dhcp on
    change the ddns maybe to 8.8.8.8 if that might be the issue

was very handy to watch cheltenham in hd on racing tv

i changed the dns. i can access opera web no problem but the spark ap itself just wont connect. it says net connection error

i changed the dns. i can access opera web no problem but the spark ap itself just wont connect. it says net connection error
    Same here!

Yep the box tells me I'm connected to the net but spark online tells me to feck off

the spark online thing does not work anymore - it was just to upgrade software 1.2.83 is the latest

there are a few basic apps in networking - web tv is good to play a playlist m3u if needed . other than that all ull need internet for mostly is clearing channels etc

Here is a channel list . it has some organisation at the start - u just retune saorview due to regions

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mc770s1pjyd1kay/AADM3l2dzt-hSLUbxDVXn4CKa?dl=0

Here is 1.2.83 for alien 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur34dn2xobwy7yb/AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.83_app.rar?dl=0

here is the plugins folder -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4hc59149i9iey6/plugin.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fhearmai

Hello all. I just today received my SAB UNIX Triple from FreeTV.ie. How could I possibly say no for €78 delivered.

Anyways, I have connected up sat and tv cables and everything is fine straight of the box and a bit of tuning. Job done ....

I am running this atm as is and assume the software is the Spark software. My version number is 1.2.76. The last few posts are telling me that I do not have the latest version on my stb. I have not decided on Hyperion or PurE2 yet but my question is ...

Do I need the 1.2.83 version of Spark to be able to flash the latest versions of either of them?

Fhearmai wrote: »
    Hello all. I just today received my SAB UNIX Triple from FreeTV.ie. How could I possibly say no for €78 delivered.

Anyways, I have connected up sat and tv cables and everything is fine straight of the box and a bit of tuning. Job done ....

I am running this atm as is and assume the software is the Spark software. My version number is 1.2.76. The last few posts are telling me that I do not have the latest version on my stb. I have not decided on Hyperion or PurE2 yet but my question is ...

Do I need the 1.2.83 version of Spark to be able to flash the latest versions of either of them?

Nope your good to go with enigma whenever you fancy it, plenty of help on here if needed

• Advertisement

Nope your good to go with enigma whenever you fancy it, plenty of help on here if needed

I have been using Freshpots version of Hyperion 4.5 and it has worked consistently for me, no green screens. I tried a couple of the later versions but they all crashed.

Advertisement