Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Ok so i used SparkEditor to arrange the channels into fav's. Downloaded to spark and rebooted but it hung on bbc one.
    Rebooted again as was able to press menu really quick and done a full scan of channels. Rebooted but again it hung on bbc one.

Login using dcc to see if I could delete the xml file but could not find them..

Enigma side is working perfectly..

Any ideas..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Can you install over stuff on the box or do you have to delete first?

with plugins its best to delete as you will be left with 2 versions of it

PadraigL wrote: »
    Ok so i used SparkEditor to arrange the channels into fav's. Downloaded to spark and rebooted but it hung on bbc one.
    Rebooted again as was able to press menu really quick and done a full scan of channels. Rebooted but again it hung on bbc one.

Any ideas..

reload the new database and do it on the box itself rather than the editor

the channel list is set up onto different fav areas , you can alter it a bit to suit you .

i dont use favourites as there all in set areas anyway and closer together than on sly

PadraigL wrote: »

Any ideas..

if its stuck load the rescue image from my dropbox instructions are in the download

I reloaded my channel list (6 xml files) and all is fine now.
    I have attached the channel list.. It complements your database Nowso..

• Advertisement

did u use the new database . how did u upload the xml to the box

Put the 6 xml files on root of usb.
    Insert usb drive in box, front will do.
    Go to menu>system>upgrade>database transformer
    then press green to upload channel list.

I used the database that was 11 days old because I based my fav folders (entertainment, lifestyle, movies etc) on that.

If I download your new database it will delete my fav folders and will have to do them again based on the new database. I can't see how to copy the fav folders into a new database as a structure. I took me a while to create the fav folders.

Anbody wanting more picons on spark

save your current channel list or have a copy of mine

in channel select auto channel list then select astra 2 alone or others if your using them

when the auto list is installed go to system basic factory settings and delete all channels

then go to system, system upgrade and ugrade from usb and reload your channel list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

I've been trying to upload Nowso's channel list and then PadraigL's channel list but without success with either. Any file I put on my USB stick won't show up when I open the c-drive (which presumably is the USB stick) on Amiko.

Tried to upgrade to Amiko Alien2 1.2.73 but encounter the same problem.

Attached is what is on the USB stick.

Any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

• Advertisement

theres an app on that theres no database on that usb theres an app which is the firmware

databases are in a folder named db_2014etc and have and appdb and a version.xml in them

format to fat 32 and not to big a usb drive helps

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Nowso wrote: »
    Anbody wanting more picons on spark

save your current channel list or have a copy of mine

in channel select auto channel list then select astra 2 alone or others if your using them

when the auto list is installed go to system basic factory settings and delete all channels

then go to system, system upgrade and ugrade from usb and reload your channel list

Hey Nowso, what does the auto channel list bring in by the way? I usually just scan individual TP's for changes or new channels if and when. Does it load freesat order or encrypted also or just a random list? I don't have much time to play with the box these days (which is why I leave it on Spark now) so I try to avoid things that could take time to fix whilst eyes are watching and tut tutting me but I was curious about this.

loading the auto channel list loads in a better set of picons .

The channel list in the auto channel list is out of date random set up thats thats why you would delete all channels after that and load my channel list

the Picons remain when u delete all channels and they will still be there when you load my channel list

ill update my channel list in the next few days but latest one is pretty upto date

might be an idea to delete all other picons before loading it

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

The channel list in the auto channel list is out of date random set up

Cheers, yeah I had a feeling it would be, nothing's ever very cutting edge on the Spark side but it's stable and fast and that's enough for me at the moment. Useful to know about the picons though.

the extras you get on enigma you can get elsewhere

my channel list is random also but is updated

there are still a few different options on spark if you want it

theres an app on that theres no database on that usb theres an app which is the firmware

databases are in a folder named db_2014etc and have and appdb and a version.xml in them

format to fat 32 and not to big a usb drive helps

Formatted the USB key to fat 32 though I think it was fat 32 formatted already.

In any case I still can't see the files on the USD key through the Amiko device. Here's the screenshot of the files per the laptop.

Maybe I should just buy a lidl box for €20....

kaymin wrote: »
    Formatted the USB key to fat 32 though I think it was fat 32 formatted already.

In any case I still can't see the files on the USD key through the Amiko device. Here's the screenshot of the files per the laptop.

Maybe I should just buy a lidl box for €20....

the appdb and the version.xml need to be in the folder db_201410120136 on the root of the usb , you have them files in the pvr folder thats only for recordings

and then install like this

this is the format you want on your usb

this is the format you want on your usb

Thanks - I managed to upload it. So I now have 151 entries in my 'organising channel' folder - mostly radio stations; no RTE1, RTE2, BBC1, BBC2, Channel4 though - is that right? (see attached for an example of what I see)

btw - none of the channels / radio stations will actually play - I can only assume my dish is pointing in the wrong direction. My installer has a lot to answer for!

kaymin wrote: »
    Thanks - I managed to upload it. So I now have 151 entries in my 'organising channel' folder - mostly radio stations; no RTE1, RTE2, BBC1, BBC2, Channel4 though - is that right? (see attached for an example of what I see)

btw - none of the channels / radio stations will actually play - I can only assume my dish is pointing in the wrong direction. My installer has a lot to answer for!

them are saorview radio channels switch to tv by hitting tv/radio under the 7

and hit the sat button and select astra 2 28.2

• Advertisement

them are saorview radio channels switch to tv by hitting tv/radio under the 7

and hit the sat button and select astra 2 28.2

Okay - this is like trying to learn how to walk again

I see the full list of TV stations.

When I press the sat button I get the following option Astra 2A/2B/2D(28.2E) (see attached) which I believe is the same satellite that you referred me to above.

While the channels are listed, none are transmitted such that I can see the station images or hear sound - presumably I need to re-position the dish....?

If I start scanning more satellites presumably I'll end up with tonnes German stations again congesting the list you gave me?

you can do a blind search n delete any stuff u dont want or reload it again

1-90 are the main free to air on my list

Hi lads,

Just purchased a Amiko Alien 2,

Can anyone direct me to where I can grab the plugins for Spark?

The Spark has no plugins, I understand there are lots of options available including cross epg.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hi lads,

Just purchased a Amiko Alien 2,

Can anyone direct me to where I can grab the plugins for Spark?

The Spark has no plugins, I understand there are lots of options available including cross epg.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

All the downloads You need for spark is in here in my spark Utilities

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nyquistic

Just wondering if any of you have had the following problem (Spark 1.2.73):

After putting the box into standby, after a few minutes the word FASTSCAN appears on the front panel display, and if I leave it and check back after a while, it says INSTALL. On turning it back on from standby it is in fact in the install menu, and doesn't respond to remote control or to the front panel buttons. I have to switch the box off and on again, after which everything is fine.

I have this on two boxes now, both SAB Unix Triples. Both boxes have been fully installed and tuned to both Saorview and 28.2E and work fine (apart from the sound sometimes not coming back from mute).

i havnt had the fastscan may be confined to sab that version of the firmware was out a few weeks b4 the amiko version

the sound from mute has happened before i think just change channel

I've downgraded to 1.2.72 and the issue appears to have gone away. On the SAB website, the latest version currently available for download is 1.2.72, however if you attempt an online upgrade from the box itself, it will find and upgrade to 1.2.73 -- which appears to have this bug. For now, it might be better to resist the temptation to upgrade!

yes does seen the bet move . hopefully there will be a 1.2.74 , but there may not be

a couple of updated things in the spark utilities

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

• Advertisement

Has any had a problem whereby the box no longer responds to the remote?

It's not the remote itself because that works on a second box.

Advertisement