Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

I installed the OpenATV 4.2 image and I like it a lot only it suffers crashes like every other image I've tried.

Has anyone found a stable image yet ?

Or is spark the way to go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Only reason I'm on enigma atm is purely because the epg is better on cool tv, that and I don't currently own a laptop so some plugins are of great benefit.
    I am using Zardoz H4 image and never had one crash in normal use, (only time it crashes if I try forward from a pause position, now rectified as I now play and then forward)
    Have you tried that image?

Imstuck wrote: »
    I am using Zardoz H4 image and never had one crash in normal use, (only time it crashes if I try forward from a pause position, now rectified as I now play and then forward)
    Have you tried that image?

No haven't tried it. But I did have H4 before and it crashed a lot but it was from a backup.

Have you a link ? may as well try it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

using spark 7 day epg is working fine you can set a time everyday for it to update

you can get set up on enigma 2 and not crash much for a while

but if u wana just watch and record tv with a less fuss and a good picture spark is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

I installed the OpenATV 4.2 image and I like it a lot only it suffers crashes like every other image I've tried.

Has anyone found a stable image yet ?

Or is spark the way to go ?

I replaced Hyperion 4 with Openatv. Openatv has a configurable skin (default one) and plugins for Epg, auto bouquet maker etc built in so you are not running plugins on top of an OS. Been running it for a few weeks and it hasn't slowed like other images. It's very stable, but I reboot it from the menu every day or two, just killing power at the back of the box will cause issues, you shouldn't do it. Get rid of that sky skin, go back to the default mymetrix skin it's much lighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

No haven't tried it. But I did have H4 before and it crashed a lot but it was from a backup.

Have you a link ? may as well try it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AADLsHRr3Hu-aTDzhyKRemhna/Hyperion%204%20%20Backup%20Sep%202014/Hyperion%204%20Public%20Backup.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Been running it for a few weeks and it hasn't slowed like other images. It's very stable, but I reboot it from the menu every day or two, just killing power at the back of the box will cause issues, you shouldn't do it.

I think thats the key to keeping it running well.
    I always plug my Triplex out every night and I have never experienced the box slowing over time using numerous different images .
    Get rid of that sky skin, go back to the default mymetrix skin it's much lighter

I honestly believe that that Sky skin is the primary cause of issues for alot of people .

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

The links for plugins and images seem to be scattered throughout this thread and it's very difficult to find the latest versions of them. Latest plugin.zip file I can find is from 3 months ago.

Could the second/first post in the thread be edited and updated with the latest list of links to keep it organised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

rb25 wrote: »
    The links for plugins and images seem to be scattered throughout this thread and it's very difficult to find the latest versions of them. Latest plugin.zip file I can find is from 3 months ago.

Could the second/first post in the thread be edited and updated with the latest list of links to keep it organised?
    Theirs a firmware thread out in the main menu. Pg1 or 2 should be on.

• Advertisement

Theirs a firmware thread out in the main menu. Pg1 or 2 should be on.

That's the problem ... can't find it. It's probably obvious but not to a noob like me. What do you mean by main menu? Where is that?

If the first or second post in the thread is reserved for updates then the latest links could be added there and more easily available there.

I'm probably missing something but it's not obvious how to find the latest downloads to me.

That's the problem ... can't find it. It's probably obvious but not to a noob like me. What do you mean by main menu? Where is that?

If the first or second post in the thread is reserved for updates then the latest links could be added there and more easily available there.

I'm probably missing something but it's not obvious how to find the latest downloads to me.
    touch.boards.ie/thread/2056882713/17/#post92930583

Im on phone + not allowed post links yet as i dont have 50 posts but google that there ^^^ for the firmware thread. Start at the last page.

You'll have to get the Mods to update the first post.

By main menu/forum i mean terrestial. You'll see link at top of the page.

The Spark Plugins are Here - the 3rd post cant be modified as its too long ago and due to some of the content of the utilities dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdcgbqqnhywxao8/AAAUP3hhyz1smLPNuSr_an2Ma?dl=0

Do the plugins always need to be installed via USB or can they be downloaded directly via the menus?

When I got the Amika Alien 2 it had plugins in the plugins list. But then I updated it and it changed to the German language so did a factory reset. Seemed to come back ok but no plugins.

the plugins you need to do it via usb

they need to be on the root of the usb in a folder called plugin with the var etc in the next level down

there are a couple of files in there that you ftp which i have included installation instructions for

Just to Update on Spark 7 Day epg as it arose on another thread

it has full 7 day epg

there is a epg plugin . but i use the inbuilt one ,

when u go into epg hit the F1 button and set it up from there

i either set it up to download at a certain time each day or do a manual when i want to

Couple of problems/questions with the Spark/Alien that I cannot figure out.

When Alien boots up I have to stop and start some of the plugins to make them work again.

When Alien boots up I sometimes have to manually connect it to wifi even though it seems to be connected.

I have multiple devices connected to Wifi (I don't have any limit set on my router) they all work fine. But as soon as the Alien boots up and is connected one of the other devices gets bumped off the wifi. This didn't happen until I got the Alien (running Spark). I've got upto 8 other devices running sometimes only 4 but however many are already connected one will get bounce off if the Alien is tarted. I tried giving it a static IP address and using DHCP but neither solve the issue. Anybody else having this issue?

I've tried turning off subtitles in and audio description permanently in Spark but it keeps coming back on. I went into into menu then selected system, basic settings and then language, changed audio priority to Dolby digital exit and it saves. Then I change channel. Subtitles gone for a while but then reappear randomly later. I've also seen subtitles coming in on BBC1 from something showing on BBC2. If I reboot the device the subtitles come back. Same issues with audio description but this usually only affects the BBC channels. Any fix for this?

Couple of problems/questions with the Spark/Alien that I cannot figure out.

When Alien boots up I have to stop and start some of the plugins to make them work again.

When Alien boots up I sometimes have to manually connect it to wifi even though it seems to be connected.

I have multiple devices connected to Wifi (I don't have any limit set on my router) they all work fine. But as soon as the Alien boots up and is connected one of the other devices gets bumped off the wifi. This didn't happen until I got the Alien (running Spark). I've got upto 8 other devices running sometimes only 4 but however many are already connected one will get bounce off if the Alien is tarted. I tried giving it a static IP address and using DHCP but neither solve the issue. Anybody else having this issue?

I've tried turning off subtitles in and audio description permanently in Spark but it keeps coming back on. I went into into menu then selected system, basic settings and then language, changed audio priority to Dolby digital exit and it saves. Then I change channel. Subtitles gone for a while but then reappear randomly later. I've also seen subtitles coming in on BBC1 from something showing on BBC2. If I reboot the device the subtitles come back. Same issues with audio description but this usually only affects the BBC channels. Any fix for this?
    This the latest spart yea? Just incase some of it is fixed with an update.

The subtitles have to be turned off in two places, in the menu and then when watching a channel I think it's the yellow button you press and it's on in there aswell. I don't think the descriptive audio was ever fixed. Maybe Nowso knows.

Don't know about wifi stuff.

subtitle issue

go into menu basic settings Language and then set subtitle display to manual

on reboot i usually get connection error . but it actually does work and is connected , so unless you can get anything to work or download ignore the connection error popup

• Advertisement

This the latest spart yea? Just incase some of it is fixed with an update.

Yup I think so 1.2.73 from the top of the update list in the Spark menu.

re wifi on some routers you can reserve an ip for upto 5 devices in the set up menu by modem bridge .

or try reset your modem to default and connect everything again starting with the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Nowso wrote: »

Quick question for you, Nowso.icon_spacer-vflN3BYt2.gif

Could you let us know what each of the individual plugins on your plugin.zip file do.
    I have them all added to the box no probs thanks to your instruction, but I don't want to activate any until I know what they do.
    I know the crossepg plugin is there but the rest are a mystery to me.

the installer plugin is used to download other plugins etc - but has been down for the last few weeks

sparkrcuserver is used in conjunction the the spark app

sovoktv - some russian tv thing Lol

Mcas is for used with the card slots and unscrambling keys and biss codes

calculate is a calculater

e2upgrade is to load and back up Enigma 2 images

camconfig is where you enter details for use with the other 3 cam plugins to use as your emu

the others in my spark utilities are explained with install instructions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thanks for that, Nowso
    Quite impressed with Spark to be honest.
    Will let ye know how i get on.

it depends what you want from the box . if its watching tv then spark is good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Outbound

Nowso,

What providers have you selected in crossepg and what time do you have them download?

Ive up to 5 selected to down at 9am but its not working, epg is hours, sometimes days out.

Even if I click into a channel it doesnt show whats on now. Box is not turned off.

Outbound wrote: »
    Nowso,

What providers have you selected in crossepg and what time do you have them download?

Ive up to 5 selected to down at 9am but its not working, epg is hours, sometimes days out.

Even if I click into a channel it doesnt show whats on now. Box is not turned off.

in xml providers - rytec uk xmitv

in open tv sky 28.2

in xepdb krkdoni sky uk

go in system basic sytem and time settings set your time . if you have it connected to the net set auto update to net , i use sat / either works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Outbound

Nowso wrote: »
    in xml providers - rytec uk xmitv

in open tv sky 28.2

in xepdb krkdoni sky uk

go in system basic sytem and time settings set your time . if you have it connected to the net set auto update to net , i use sat / either works

Thanks Nowso but still no joy, I've a connection in Tuner 1 and 2, was I suppose to use Loop through instead? Is it meant to take 15 mins to download the epg?

Does your Box freeze if you fly through the channels one by one using the P button on the remote (above the menu button)? Another Bug they never fixed?

Is the epg plugin any better? Where do I get that from?

• Advertisement

i have loop through on but had an idea that was for terrestrial output

Mine does not freeze using that no only used to on universal channel when i had low signal other than that does not. ive only the 1 plugin on the 0scam svn

try clear out your old epg data with your laptop and do a download now

i use the crossepg built in not the plugin one

Advertisement