Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Outbound

Nowso wrote: »
    i have loop through on but had an idea that was for terrestrial output

Mine does not freeze using that no only used to on universal channel when i had low signal other than that does not. ive only the 1 plugin on the 0scam svn

try clear out your old epg data with your laptop and do a download now

i use the crossepg built in not the plugin one

Ok, I'll turn on Loop, wonder is their another setting I should alter...hmm

Do you lose all channels at times and just have the word "error" in a Box on the screen and have to restart the Box???

Jaysus, so many problems with it.

I've only reconnected/formatted the HDD so their wouldn't be any old data. I don't know...

I haven't the time to start trying to figure out Enigma if Spark won't have manners....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Outbound wrote: »
    Ok, I'll turn on Loop, wonder is their another setting I should alter...hmm

Do you lose all channels at times and just have the word "error" in a Box on the screen and have to restart the Box???

Jaysus, so many problems with it.

I've only reconnected/formatted the HDD so their wouldn't be any old data. I don't know...

I haven't the time to start trying to figure out Enigma if Spark won't have manners....

error only comes on terrestrial channels that are not transmitting at the time ie rte1 +1 during the day

so i just dont have rte1+1 i delete it unless i want it . it does not happen on satellite channels

power saving mode i have off aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭Invincible

The automatic subtitles are annoying, anyway of turning them off besides having to select Text every time you change channel?

yes go to system

basic

language settings

change subtitle Display to manual

• Advertisement

sky ireland are the latest new talk to forum on boards.ie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Nowso,
    I never got to upload your database but anyhow.Is there a way to change when I press fav button to have the list like :
    entertainment,
    sports
    movies
    kids.
    When I press it now it just lista the channels in the bouquet ie.KIds and then all the cahnnels in it.
    I hope you can ynderstand what I'm on about

it would be possible padraigl did it with one of my old channel lists but it takes up a lot of time

if you load my channel lists , you will see that the channels are grouped without being in fav sections

1-90 Fta general
    91 Rte/irish on sky
    101 Sports
    131 entertainment
    181 Movies
    197 general ent
    221 music /sky
    233 kids
    251 others
    575 adult

I cant get to load your database at all still getting the stbid problem???
    It must have been on an older version of spark i seen it.

Lads where are ye getting your picons for spark????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Is it possible to get a grid type layout EPG in spark like how u can have it when using enigma2? Something similar looking to the sky guide?

:p
    Pete2k wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a grid type layout EPG in spark like how u can have it when using enigma2? Something similar looking to the sky guide?

different layout , but full 7 days

when you hit epg key , then hit the green button and select epg schedule and that will give you the next 7 days for that channel

you can get the sky guide online at http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide if you wanna browse through it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I've been running Hyperion 4 (zardos backup) for a few months now & find it smashing, one thing I've noticed is that sometimes the channel switching becomes very slow, sometimes takes up to 3sec with spinner showing, I used other images (Open AR-P) in the past & sometimes had the same issue, is there any solution for this?.....thanks. BTW my box is SAB triple tuner.

lensman wrote: »
    I've been running Hyperion 4 (zardos backup) for a few months now & find it smashing, one thing I've noticed is that sometimes the channel switching becomes very slow, sometimes takes up to 3sec with spinner showing, I used other images (Open AR-P) in the past & sometimes had the same issue, is there any solution for this?.....thanks. BTW my box is SAB triple tuner.

your one the wrong topic

but if you have the cacheflush plugin run that and clear your cache and another thing would be to reboot the box from the power menu or the switch at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Liking Spark. More stable than Enigma.
    It's setup fairly raw atm. No favourites or anything.

Plug in installer does nothing and give the error "Download Failed".
    Any ideas?
    Also, at the end of boot I get a box saying "Dialling. Please wait."

What do I do with the database I downloaded from the above post?

installer Plugin does not work atm

using favourites etc may make it more awkward to record 1 station when watching another. when on all channels u can record soarview while on sat

here is how to install the database

it needs to be at root of usb and in the db2014 folder
    and the appdb and version file in it

you do not extract the appdbb file

you then sercan your terestrial

Thanks nowso. Gonna need favourites though.
    Scrolling through an endless list is painful. Helps make thing wife and child friendly as well.
    Not too bothered about recording from saorview.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Thanks nowso. Gonna need favourites though.
    Scrolling through an endless list is painful. Helps make thing wife and child friendly as well.
    Not too bothered about recording from saorview.

1-90 Fta general
    91 Rte/irish on sky
    101 Sports
    131 entertainment
    181 Movies
    197 general ent
    221 music /sky
    233 kids
    251 others

if you look at that list you wont need that much looking about

and will soon get use to it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 devilbike

installer Plugin does not work atm

using favourites etc may make it more awkward to record 1 station when watching another. when on all channels u can record soarview while on sat

here is how to install the database

it needs to be at root of usb and in the db2014 folder
    and the appdb and version file in it

you do not extract the appdbb file

you then sercan your terestrial

Hi I have installed your plugins and database successfully on my Alien 2 box. One thing I am confused about is you have some Oscam files there also but am I right in saying that Oscam and Ccam are installed when installing your plugins?
    Also how do I install the seperate Oscam files and what is their advantage over the version installed from your plugins?
    Thanks for all the great help in this thread, I have the channels working now but sometimes they just stop and I have to go into plugins and restart Oscam4Spark to get them going again.
    Do I need to change something to stop this? Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

The file you're looking for has been moved or deleted.

EDIT: That was quick, back again!!!

eamonnq wrote: »
    The file you're looking for has been moved or deleted.

EDIT: That was quick, back again!!!

yes had forgotten to delete the saorview radio stations on the 1st so loaded a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is there any issue recording from Sat while watching another Sat channel, if you use favourites ??

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is there any issue recording from Sat while watching another Sat channel, if you use favourites ??

No. I've set up Favourites and have no problem doing that or recording from 2 sats. I haven't tried terrestrial yet.

if your on all channels that include saorview it should be ok

if your in a fav category it may be awkward recording from another category

on my network tab on windows explorer i used to access my recordings via the laptop.

now i have added an alien 1 8900 in another room and when i go on now it connects to the 8900 and not the alien 2 which is annoying

there both named stlinux can that be changed within spark

as there both on same network

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I am new & was having trouble with Enigma images so I reverted to Spark to learn from the ground up so to speak.
    I upgraded Spark from 1.2.65 to 1.2.73 no problem using the USB key.
    My problem is cannot seem to Network the box.

I plugged in a wifi dongle which was recognised, it asked me to scan for wireless signals which I did.
    It listed all the local SSID's & I selected my own, entered the security type & password which all seemed to work OK.
    Problem being that when it ran DCHP it couldn't find an IP address or DNS settings.
    I entered all these manually but it still cant connect.
    When I login to the router I can see no IP address has been assigned.
    I'm at a loss, can anyone recommend a fix ?

it retry entering your login and selecting your encryption

it may also be your wifi dongle

one went faulty on me lately and wouldnt connect properly so 1 replaced it

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

it retry entering your login and selecting your encryption

it may also be your wifi dongle

one went faulty on me lately and wouldnt connect properly so 1 replaced it

Thanks Nowso, I've being doing some reading & it looks to be down to the chipset in the wifi dongle.
    Fortunately & rather predictably they make their own which seem to work no problem.
    I bought one of these & I magically predict all my problems to disappear.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Amiko-WLN-880-USB-WiFi-Dongle-Alien-8900-Alien-2-8140-8240-8360-Mini-HD-/151270253151?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Wi_Fi_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item233868e25f

• Advertisement

i had a rexel one working in a ferguson an alien 1 and an alien 2 the railset 5370 and it stopped working jusr after xmas

but i did buy an amiko one this time to use .

Advertisement