Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

lensman wrote: »
    What P's me off is how crossEPG can work 100% for months & suddenly stops, I've tried all the suggestions & it still refuses to download/display epg data, Saorview channel epg is fully populated with info but not satellite on 28.2:confused:

Saorview EPG is loaded with each channel press, does not use Crossepg. When you have a working Crossepg you need to delete the .dat files every week or two or it gets bloated as it does not overwrite but ads to a growing file causing the problems you are seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

deezell wrote: »
    Tip of the week, use the media browser as a file Manager.

Eh???

My friends cross epg isn't working, said I'd go over at some stage to ftp for him, I'm not too bright but he is worse!

Does the above mean I can delete crossepg file without ftp????

Simply deleting them off your folder (as suggested recently on this thread) doesn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Wexford Warrior,

If you've manage to ftp your bouquets from the DB box to dreamboxedit, you should have three panes, left pane is all the channels that are stored in the tuners, terrestrial and satellite, right pane (ITA!), is the list of bouquets on your dreambox, usually starts with a label, 28,2 followed by all the Sky groups, followed by all the E2 bouquets, including favourites. Clicking one of these will display in the middle pane the channels tha tare in that bouquet. You can create a new bouquet on the right pane, right click to bring up menu. Or just edit the favourites one, rename it if you wish. You can pick up channels from the left pane or copy blocks of channels from other bouquets in the middle pane and paste them in your bouquet. You'll get the hang of it. The important thing is to click the SAVE icon, upper left which stores a local copy of your new settings to the PC. Then you click the FTP to the dreambox, which copies the saved files over the ones on the box. Finally, you can click the reboot icon to restart the Db with the new bouquets. If you've created a new bouquet or edited an existing one, put this at the top of the left pane over the sky lists, that way the buttons on the remote will correspond to your channels. Turn of autobouquets to keep it this way Also if you've created a new one, you'll need to select this after startup, pick a channel, and make this the default on startup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone have a working image of openatv 4.3 for alien 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

anyone have a working image of openatv 4.3 for alien 1

I have one ,will upload it when I have time.

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    FTP to your box and delete the epg.dat file and everything that's in your crossepg file. Then rerun crossepg.

Going to try this tonight. When you say " crossepg file" are you referring to a folder? Or is there a file named " crossepg.something " which requires it's contents deleted. I must set up port forwarding on my router so I can fiddle with the box while at work ( on breaktime of course), I could monitor it on open Webif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

SuperG, you're an absolute gentleman/woman and scholar! That has worked for me and I'm now using the very slick pli night version. It's excellent. Thank you very much for your help.

I have two small problems now to finish off my setup.

The picons are not working. I get a list under the 28.2E Bouquets with movies, news etc etc. but instead of the picons, there is just numbers... e.g. 409 = sky sports 1 etc etc.

How can I fix this?
    On openatv to show picons in the service list
    bring up channel list ( down arrow on remote )
    when on channel list press menu
    press settings
    last item on first page
    show picons in service list by default is set to no

to show picons on info bar
    Menu
    setup
    system
    extended system
    OSD settings
    settings
    4th line down show infobar picons

you should have a folder named picon on the root of your drive

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Zardoz wrote: »
    Use Dreambox Control Centre ,select file ,then right click on mouse ,then edit.

Great, thanks for that!:cool:

hallo dare wrote: »
    FTP to your box and delete the epg.dat file and everything that's in your crossepg file. Then rerun crossepg.

I deleted epg.sat from the HDD, from the usb as well. Epg was populated when I turned on the tv and selected it, didn't even run the downloader. Weird, but a result.

How did you do that Deezell??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gleannboy

Anyone have Permanent Clock Plugin it - had it but can't find it,story of my life, would be much appreciated as I loose track of time while watching TV.

Imstuck wrote: »
    How did you do that Deezell??

Just used dreambox control centre to ftp into the box, find HDD. Open it and deleted epg.dat, right click on it, delete, and it's removed remotely. I assumed I would have to run epg downloader from the box to refill the dat, but when I went into the room and turned on the telly and selected the epg, the sat channels were populated. Maybe deleting epg.data forced a download, it s all there anyway. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@Deezell.
    If you are using Hyp4.5 just go into PLUGINS>Dream Explorer. This will allow you basic file operations directly on the box just like windows explorer.

Gerry,

I can get into it via dream explorer on Hyp 4.0. Will this do same job as ftp????

On my own box I note it's stored a lot of timeshifts & crashes from when using 1channel, I suppose it's no harm to delete these also???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

@Deezell.
    If you are using Hyp4.5 just go into PLUGINS>Dream Explorer. This will allow you basic file operations directly on the box just like windows explorer.

Yip,there is also a file manager in the blue panel in Hyperion too

@Deezell.

I have the other one, open atv?, I've just started to use enigma, the limited epg on Spark and the rte1+1 problem were game changers. I suppose I could try a different image just to see, but first master this one. Is there a browser plugin for any of these?

Just got my mate to delete everything from crossepg and delete epg.data using dream explorer plugin, and epg still won't download, all the settings are same as my own, it's a real headscratcher!!

His HDD is a 500gb Touro Mobile, could this be the problem???

Just got my mate to delete everything from crossepg and delete epg.data using dream explorer plugin, and epg still won't download, all the settings are same as my own, it's a real headscratcher!!

Did you check the satellite.xml?

Where do I check that? I checked Opentv providers that was ok

Where do I check that? I checked Opentv providers that was ok

/etc/tuxbox. Make sure it has the following transponder entries
    11428 H 27500 the Freesat EPG TP
    11778 V 27500 Sky EPG TP

• Advertisement

Just tied to look on my own box via dream explorer plugin and via blue panel, can navigate to the satxml.file but when I select it, it doesn't open?

Just tied to look on my own box via dream explorer plugin and via blue panel, can navigate to the satxml.file but when I select it, it doesn't open?

Depends on what your pc is trying to open it with, copy it to your pc and open it with notepad

Here is my version of satellite.xml if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Also, if you have an android device (guessing there is an apple version too), you can ftp into your box using esexplorer app. Very handy for viewing and amending files that are on your box

Is your network connection Ok? If you're using dream explorer it doesn't mean your network connection is good, it will work anyway, whereas using ftp successfully from a pc means you have network, and therefore internet. Try the Rte player plugin or go to network settings, make sure the net is good, otherwise no download is possible. I've a brand new box but only have the freesat TP in my satellite.xml, its dated July 2014. You can view. Xml in Internet Explorer. I'm using Andftp on an android device and Axel. Xml editor, free from Google play store.

I had a similar issue a while back. Ended up deleting the epg.dat file that lives outside the crossepg folder , and deleting the crossepg folder. Then uninstalling crossepg plugin, then reinstalling. Ensure that opentv providers are set only for 28.2
    And if things still ain't working, you will need to rescan your channels.

deezell wrote: »
    Is your network connection Ok? If you're using dream explorer it doesn't mean your network connection is good, it will work anyway, whereas using ftp successfully from a pc means you have network, and therefore internet. Try the Rte player plugin or go to network settings, make sure the net is good, otherwise no download is possible. I've a brand new box but only have the freesat TP in my satellite.xml, its dated July 2014. You can view. Xml in Internet Explorer. I'm using Andftp on an android device and Axel. Xml editor, free from Google play store.

Think he is using the explorer on the box itself.

Edit: apologies. I see you noted that in your text.

The box itself won't open such files. You will need to open with a PC or android (maybe apple ) device

dream explorer will open and edit satellite.xml (or any plain text) files directly on the box

• Advertisement

dream explorer will open and edit satellite.xml (or any plain text) files directly on the box

I stand corrected. My apologies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement