Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

When using explorer on the box I get to sat.xml file but there is nothing it appears I can then do, pressing ok on remote does nothing.

Will have a look at that app, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi,

I have another strange issue.

I decided to test using HDMI-CEC with my Samsung TV last night. All was going perfectly for a while (the tv remote could control the box etc) and then all of a sudden it stopped working.

When I did the scan originally on my TV it recognised "enigma" as the device. Now when I scan it picks up the id "Recoder", but cannot connect to it. The strange thing is there is some communication going on as when I turn the TV off it puts the box in standby, but nothing else works.

Any ideas? Is there a config file somewhere I can delete/recreate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Slevster wrote: »
    I stand corrected. My apologies.
    Admittedly it's not the easiest when working with a remote but it's useful for quickly checking things rather than booting the laptop, ftping and so on.;)

Imstuck wrote: »
    When using explorer on the box I get to sat.xml file but there is nothing it appears I can then do, pressing ok on remote does nothing.

Will have a look at that app, cheers.
    Make sure you are using Dream Explorer plugin not Media Explorer? And the filename is /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml ( I know I missed the 's' before)

Yep was using that Gerry!

• Advertisement

You could just replace the satellites.xml with my version (posted above) by FTP. Keep a copy of the original just in case. You would then need to hard reboot (power off) the box and manually rescan the satellite. It should not affect your favourites or bouquets.

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi,

I have another strange issue.

I decided to test using HDMI-CEC with my Samsung TV last night. All was going perfectly for a while (the tv remote could control the box etc) and then all of a sudden it stopped working.

When I did the scan originally on my TV it recognised "enigma" as the device. Now when I scan it picks up the id "Recoder", but cannot connect to it. The strange thing is there is some communication going on as when I turn the TV off it puts the box in standby, but nothing else works.

Any ideas? Is there a config file somewhere I can delete/recreate?

I did a few more tests and I flashed a few other images. Champions OpenAR-P image works fine with HDMI-CEC, interestingly when I then re-flash Hyperion 4.5 it works on the initial boot up but any time I turn off the TV and turn it back on it looses the ability to connect to the CEC of the box and no matter what i do it won't reconnect (re-boot both box and tv, disable/enable cec). Is anyone else successfully using CEC on Hyperion?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Can anyone guide me in the direction of SPark Plugins.

I have scoured many forums all day and have found the rar file i need to download. I then copy the plugin folder to the root of my USB Stick which is formatted to fat32.

On the top left of the screen a little box with a magnifying glass appears for about 5 seconds and thats it. Nothing else happens. From what i have read online the box will ask if you want to upgrade plugins , This does not happen for me.

WHen i go to MENU/PLUG IN I have no plugins what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Who wants to address that one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Can anyone guide me in the direction of SPark Plugins.

I have scoured many forums all day and have found the rar file i need to download. I then copy the plugin folder to the root of my USB Stick which is formatted to fat32.

On the top left of the screen a little box with a magnifying glass appears for about 5 seconds and thats it. Nothing else happens. From what i have read online the box will ask if you want to upgrade plugins , This does not happen for me.

WHen i go to MENU/PLUG IN I have no plugins what so ever.

your folder is not set up right on your usb id say

it needs to be a plugin folder on the root of the usb and then the var and bin in the next level of the folder

sometimes you caN END UP WITH A PLUGIN IN THE PLUGIN FOLDER and that wont work

other option is 2 try a different usb

• Advertisement

Apologies All,
    I wasn't looking for advice on how to do that stuff, just if anyone had the same issue. Will delete now.

Its still there

You could just replace the satellites.xml with my version (posted above) by FTP. Keep a copy of the original just in case. You would then need to hard reboot (power off) the box and manually rescan the satellite. It should not affect your favourites or bouquets.

I've wondered about that before. If a complete re scan with clear, does that update/replace the satellites file?

I've wondered about that before. If a complete re scan with clear, does that update/replace the satellites file?
    To the best of my knowledge, it updates a file called lamedb. Satellites.xml is just the list of transponder frequencies.
    IMSTUCK could also try a network scan which tries every variation of Freq, SR, etc but takes up to an hour and doesn't update satellites.xml so the original problem is still lurking there for the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Its still there

I know!! When I click edit post, I just get a blank screen. What am I doing wrong here?

I know!! When I click edit post, I just get a blank screen. What am I doing wrong here?

Don't know
    PC ? Or mobile/tablet ?

To the best of my knowledge, it updates a file called lamedb. Satellites.xml is just the list of transponder frequencies.
    IMSTUCK could also try a network scan which tries every variation of Freq, SR, etc but takes up to an hour and doesn't update satellites.xml so the original problem is still lurking there for the next time.

Makes sense. I know it updates the lamedb and those files, but needs something to work off in the first place I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Where can I download a couple of skins for Hyperion V4.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

cyndale wrote: »
    Where can I download a couple of skins for Hyperion V4.5?

Go to the plugins menu and press green to download more. Skins are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

superg wrote: »
    Go to the plugins menu and press green to download more. Skins are in there.

Brilliant, thanks!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hi all,
    Anyone having issues with the Oscam side of things? My alien 2+ will play a sly channel for about 45mins, then freeze for 5-10. I've checked the cline on an Amiko mini hd se that I have and it works fine on that. Alien was going great till last week. Running Hyperion 4.5, derived from FreshPots image a while back.
    Cheers in advance.....

Can't talk, reported

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

/etc/tuxbox. Make sure it has the following transponder entries
    11428 H 27500 the Freesat EPG TP
    11778 V 27500 Sky EPG TP

Just occurred to that the easiest way to check if these entries are in satellite.xml ( and to put them there if not) is to go into Setup/service search/manual . Select. Satellite in Tuner, tuner b, change Type of scan to predefined transponder, then scroll through the transponder list and se if these setting show up. If not, change Type of scan to user defined and add them in. Don't forget to scan by pressing Ok. This should add the TPS to satellites.xml

deezell wrote: »
    Just occurred to that the easiest way to check if these entries are in satellite.xml ( and to put them there if not) is to go into Setup/service search/manual . Select. Satellite in Tuner, tuner b, change Type of scan to predefined transponder, then scroll through the transponder list and se if these setting show up. If not, change Type of scan to user defined and add them in. Don't forget to scan by pressing Ok. This should add the TPS to satellites.xml

Then again, why bother checking, just update to the latest
    http://satellites-xml.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lensman wrote: »
    I was running Spark whilst trying to get enigma2 up & running & I must admit the HD & SD channels were much sharper with better color rendering then enigma:eek:

I honestly think that this a bit of a myth myself.

I've spent hours and hours tweaking my picture settings ,and see hardly any difference between Spark and Enigma 2 in Hyperion .

Obviously if you use the same tv settings for both then Spark will look sharper as its default Gamma level is slightly higher and its contrast levels are higher.

Hyperion looks washed out with a Gamma of 2.2 on my plasma but if I increase it to 2.4 colours are much more vibrant like Spark.
    Then I increase the contrast a few levels and increase the brightness a few notches and its almost an exact match for Spark.
    I wont mention the white balance changes or color management but they can help slightly too .

Hyperion need to change their default picture settings to increase the gamma level slightly and increase the contrast too both are too low out of the box.
    I actually asked them to do this but met on deaf ears.

Openatv and HDMU are the opposite,their picture is too bright and washed out .
    Whilst HD channels look like they have more punch due to the increased contrast ,sd channels look washed out .

I've the wife demented from my constant tinkering,she think I'm mad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Zardoz wrote: »
    I honestly think that this a bit of a myth myself.

I've spent hours and hours tweaking my picture settings ,and see hardly any difference between Spark and Enigma 2 in Hyperion .

Obviously if you use the same tv settings for both then Spark will look sharper as its default Gamma level is slightly higher and its contrast levels are higher.

Hyperion looks washed out with a Gamma of 2.2 on my plasma but if I increase it to 2.4 colours are much more vibrant like Spark.
    Then I increase the contrast a few levels and increase the brightness a few notches and its almost an exact match for Spark.
    I wont mention the white balance changes or color management but they can help slightly too .

Hyperion need to change their default picture settings to increase the gamma level slightly and increase the contrast too both are too low out of the box.
    I actually asked them to do this but met on deaf ears.

Openatv and HDMU are the opposite,their picture is too bright and washed out .
    Whilst HD channels look like they have more punch due to the increased contrast ,sd channels look washed out .

I've the wife demented from my constant tinkering,she think I'm mad :pac:

Haha your same as me, the missus goes mad why cant ya just leave it alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha your same as me, the missus goes mad why cant ya just leave it alone :)

Mine thinks I'm setting up some sort of device to spy on her, what with all the connecting via PC, she's convinced cccam is some kind of webcam.

Then again, why bother checking, just update to the latest
    http://satellites-xml.eu/
    This site is the very one that caused the problem in the first case. It still doesn't list 11778 which is Slys EPG data.

This site is the very one that caused the problem in the first case. It still doesn't list 11778 which is Slys EPG data.

Really, do you have a better link

He posted his a couple of pages back Mass

Imstuck wrote: »
    He posted his a couple of pages back Mass

I'd prefer a site to make my own

• Advertisement

I've a question regarding Autobouquets and DreamBoxEdit.

I download the channel list fine using Autobouquets and get the channels starting at 101 etc. I now want to add saorview ahead of these, at 1, 2, 3, etc. The Problem is when I pull the channel list into DreamBoxEdit it places a blank Data type listing is each of the skipped channel numbers, i.e. 1 - 100 is a Data channel.

When I then add saorview in the place I want and upload the list to the box, the Guide on the box then displays all the blank data entries as channels.

So far I have found no way around this. DreamBoxEdit doesn't seen to have an option to actually set a channel number, so if i delete the blank data entries all the other channels decrement their channel number.

The only option I found to have sequential numbering was to uncheck the allow duplicate option in DreamBoxEdit, but then will loose the channel numbering and they start at 1.

Has anyone successfully achieved what I am trying to do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement