Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've had the same issue. I want my Entertainment bouquet to start at 101, the next one at 251 etc but like you I have found no way of doing it without using data channels as place holders in the unused number sets. I have found that if you run autoboquets, upload to dreamboxedit, sort as you want and send them back to the box, your numbering will stay the way you set it and the un named data channels that autoboquets generated as place holders don't show up in the epg. However if you want to change anything, when you pull your edited bouquets back to dreamboxedit, all the data channels are gone and your custom numbering is lost. The only way around this is to use data channels from the left pane as placeholders but these will show up in the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

deezell wrote: »
    Wexford Warrior,

If you've manage to ftp your bouquets from the DB box to dreamboxedit, you should have three panes, left pane is all the channels that are stored in the tuners, terrestrial and satellite, right pane (ITA!), is the list of bouquets on your dreambox, usually starts with a label, 28,2 followed by all the Sky groups, followed by all the E2 bouquets, including favourites. Clicking one of these will display in the middle pane the channels tha tare in that bouquet. You can create a new bouquet on the right pane, right click to bring up menu. Or just edit the favourites one, rename it if you wish. You can pick up channels from the left pane or copy blocks of channels from other bouquets in the middle pane and paste them in your bouquet. You'll get the hang of it. The important thing is to click the SAVE icon, upper left which stores a local copy of your new settings to the PC. Then you click the FTP to the dreambox, which copies the saved files over the ones on the box. Finally, you can click the reboot icon to restart the Db with the new bouquets. If you've created a new bouquet or edited an existing one, put this at the top of the left pane over the sky lists, that way the buttons on the remote will correspond to your channels. Turn of autobouquets to keep it this way Also if you've created a new one, you'll need to select this after startup, pick a channel, and make this the default on startup.

Thanks mate, The thing is, my Alien2+ came pre installed with everything and I haven't done anything regarding bouquets etc. (Completely Green).

Sorry for the late response but have been away from the pc and tv for a bit.

I think I made a mistake. There was individual folders for music/movies/entertainment etc. etc. on my list but I deleted these folders and left the folders of the same name and categories underneath the "Bouquets 28.2E" Bouquet Folder.

Most of the stations work but missing some and RTE's not being picked up.

Basically i need to know

1. where and how to get the Bouquets/Picons file/list from so I can reinstall these if needed and edit them in the dreambox app thingy.

2. If I need to recreate the entertainment folders I deleted, how do I do that?

3. Get Saorview channels working within the same favourites folder (i will read through the info you've given me just above again once I have the files for bouquets and picons sorted).

4. Sort the picons so im not seeing the likes of "114 = sky 1" at the side of the epg instead of the picture files.

5. Parents have splashed out on this box as a result of my waffling and now I can't fix the thing. I'm an awful tit at times! Shoot me!

Basiclally I need the idiots guide in the vein of...click start-> blaa blaa.

Thanks again for all or any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

Just want to give a shout out to Zardoz. That image Zardoz posted on the image thread is truly excellent. Real huge performance gain and everything works really well.

Cheers mate.

@WexfordWarrior you could do worse than loading that image up. It will sort everything out.

thegreek wrote: »
    Just want to give a shout out to Zardoz. That image Zardoz posted on the image thread is truly excellent. Real huge performance gain and everything works really well.

Cheers mate.

@WexfordWarrior you could do worse than loading that image up. It will sort everything out.

Thanks thegreek, but I thought that Zardoz material was for the Alien 1 or 8900 and not the 2 or 2+?

Would I need to reset my box back to factory defaults first before upgrading the image? or Can I just replace the image I already have. (Bare in mind, I don't even know how to replace the image) :p

It is as easy as downloading those files from dropbox on to a usb? Starting up in Spark and then itll pick up the upgrade?

Or do i just load the files onto a usb and then access some function/setting within the enigma 2 software to upgrade the image file ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

techdiver wrote: »
    I've a question regarding Autobouquets and DreamBoxEdit.

I download the channel list fine using Autobouquets and get the channels starting at 101 etc. I now want to add saorview ahead of these, at 1, 2, 3, etc. The Problem is when I pull the channel list into DreamBoxEdit it places a blank Data type listing is each of the skipped channel numbers, i.e. 1 - 100 is a Data channel.

When I then add saorview in the place I want and upload the list to the box, the Guide on the box then displays all the blank data entries as channels.

So far I have found no way around this. DreamBoxEdit doesn't seen to have an option to actually set a channel number, so if i delete the blank data entries all the other channels decrement their channel number.

The only option I found to have sequential numbering was to uncheck the allow duplicate option in DreamBoxEdit, but then will loose the channel numbering and they start at 1.

Has anyone successfully achieved what I am trying to do?

Using Dreambox Control Center ftp to my bouquets (etc/enigma2),
    find the bouquets that end with 00.tv,right click on it and edit,hit edit at top of page and then replace,enter the data channel(the one u are using thats giving N/A channel in your epg)in the find box and in the replace box put this data channel
    #SERVICE 1:832:d:0:0:0:0:0:0:0: then just hit replace all. Reboot box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks thegreek, but I thought that Zardoz material was for the Alien 1 or 8900 and not the 2 or 2+?

No ,I have seperate backups for both receivers ,the Alien 1 and Alien 2.
    All of the plugins in Alien 2 File Resource I maintain will work on both receivers though .
    Would I need to reset my box back to factory defaults first before upgrading the image? or Can I just replace the image I already have. (Bare in mind, I don't even know how to replace the image) tongue.png

It is as easy as downloading those files from dropbox on to a usb? Starting up in Spark and then itll pick up the upgrade?

Or do i just load the files onto a usb and then access some function/setting within the enigma 2 software to upgrade the image file ?
    You can make an exact copy of the image you are currently using so you can reload it on at a later date if you so choose.

See here for the procedure
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91207497&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

amd64 wrote: »
    Using Dreambox Control Center ftp to my bouquets (etc/enigma2),
    find the bouquets that end with 00.tv,right click on it and edit,hit edit at top of page and then replace,enter the data channel(the one u are using thats giving N/A channel in your epg)in the find box and in the replace box put this data channel
    #SERVICE 1:832:d:0:0:0:0:0:0:0: then just hit replace all. Reboot box.

Fantastic, that did the trick!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Evening all,
    What's the correct tuner config to allow recording of one Sat channel while watching another on Hyperion v4.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

This is a bit of a long shot but a long time back people were using a version of the satellite.xml file which didn't include the data TP info for the EPG. Result CrossEPG would appear to run but not get any data.
    If you can have a look through it and check it as an entry for
    11428 H 27500 the Freesat EPG TP
    11778 V 27500 Sky EPG TP

Satellite.xml is in /etc/tuxbox

I had almost excepted defeat but there was a nagging voice in my head telling me that I had missed something, something that was staring me in the face all along but I had dismissed it as not connected to my crossEPG, see below for recap...
    1..last week my crossEPG stopped working, image was Hyperion 4 Zardos backup.
    2..Tried all suggested tips & another usb stick (no luck)
    3..Went for broke & flashed Hyperion 4.5 Zardos backup (no luck)
    4..Checked all setting in new image & noticed all 3 tuners were enabled, A = DVB-T, B & C both had identical setups Astra 28.2 single, simple.
    5..I disabled tuner C & tried crossEPG again.
    6..SUCCESS! crossEPG now works again 100%:D
    Original usb stick was faulty which led me astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Mine has tuner A enabled, tuners B & C simple / single.
    I don't use aerial at all, just the two sat feeds, would these settings be correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Imstuck wrote: »
    I don't use aerial at all, just the two sat feeds, would these settings be correct?
    Only if you you running 2 cables from the dish to the box, I only had 1 cable from dish to box & having tuner B & C enabled for sat was definitely F'ing up crossEPG,
    as I said when I disabled C & tried crossEPG again it worked a treat, (I didn't have to restart either):D
    As for xml files, I have been using basically the same channel file/xml file since my dreambox 800 days & kept it up to date as required, when I got the SAB triplex 18mths ago I flashed the above files to the box using dreambox edit & it worked 100%...hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

iIf you are just watching free sat channels ( no sky sucscription card) then you wont be able to see all the RTE/TV3 channels, they're scrambled on the astra sattelite. You'll have to plug in an arial of some sort to get the terrestrial saorview channels, then add these to a new list (bouquet) so tha all your channels are in one list. Move this to the top of the bouquets list over 28.2 and make one of the channels your startup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

iIf you are just watching free sat channels ( no sky sucscription card) then you wont be able to see all the RTE/TV3 channels, they're scrambled on the astra sattelite. You'll have to plug in an arial of some sort to get the terrestrial saorview channels, then add these to a new list (bouquet) so tha all your channels are in one list. Move this to the top of the bouquets list over 28.2 and make one of the channels your startup.

FYI, There are ways :cool: Plenty of us here use this method
    Can't discuss it here though...

FYI, There are ways :cool: Plenty of us here use this method
    Can't discuss it here though...

Your'e not allowed discuss not discussing it even!

lads,

Thanks for all the help. I have my box setup almost perfect. Some of the Picons are not working for more>movies etc but largely, they are all there.

I discovered a tip for all the people wanting to add favourites. To the experts this might be very laborious but if you don't mind putting in some graft for the end result, and you're not sure how to do the dreambox edit and ftping etc, this is how to add favourites manually.

Just press into the favourites or channel bouquet list. If you want to add the channel to the favourites list manually on the box, click on the channel you want to add=>menu=>add service to bouquet=>choose favourites.

This is so simple and if i had of known this way to add, I wouldn't of minded spending a few hours adding to favourites and moving each channel manually into group order I want myself. (which is what I'll be doing).

Thanks again to everyone who replied and tried to help a tech illiterate.

Hopefully everything runs smoothly.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

techdiver wrote: »
    I've a question regarding Autobouquets and DreamBoxEdit.

I download the channel list fine using Autobouquets and get the channels starting at 101 etc. I now want to add saorview ahead of these, at 1, 2, 3, etc. The Problem is when I pull the channel list into DreamBoxEdit it places a blank Data type listing is each of the skipped channel numbers, i.e. 1 - 100 is a Data channel.

When I then add saorview in the place I want and upload the list to the box, the Guide on the box then displays all the blank data entries as channels.

So far I have found no way around this. DreamBoxEdit doesn't seen to have an option to actually set a channel number, so if i delete the blank data entries all the other channels decrement their channel number.

The only option I found to have sequential numbering was to uncheck the allow duplicate option in DreamBoxEdit, but then will loose the channel numbering and they start at 1.

Has anyone successfully achieved what I am trying to do?

My image has channels setup as 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.

What you need to do is copy stations into the very TOP grouping which is "28.2E UK Bouquets". It's obviously looked at by everyone as just a heading, but the first station listed in here will be displayed if you then press Number 1 on the boxes' remote.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

That's ok then, no saorview where I am I'm afraid, want me to pay a tv license and I'd have to fork out for saorsat as well just to receive the national channel....joke!!!

That's ok then, no saorview where I am I'm afraid, want me to pay a tv license and I'd have to fork out for saorsat as well just to receive the national channel....joke!!!

I've not looked into the admin side of saorsat, you say you have to get a licence, is it encrypted? As for reception, the saorsat footprint is just the island, so its the same region as saorview.I assumed you could get some kind of saorview reception, you'd want to be in a hole at the back of mount Brandon or the like not to be able to get a usable signal, dtt is a vast improvement on analogue tv in terms of signal tolerance. If you're living abroad it's a different story, no saorview or saorsat coverage, just Rte from astra28.2 ( Sky). You might want to follow the other route mentioned by Mass D to get Rte.
    EDIT I've had a quick read, saorsat is free as saorview, in that you should have a license in the republic no matter what your source of tv is. That's another forum. If you live in Ireland you can get saorsat, and if you have an amiko triple, you're half way there. All you need is another dish, 80 - 110 cm, and the LNB specific to the saorsat satellite. Plug this into your second Dvbs tuner and scan. Align the dish first obviously. Kit is 85€ from freetv.ie

Jaysus Deezell, has the wife gone out? Lol!!
    I was just making the point that I'm expected to pay twice, for a license and for saorsat to be installed. I am already sorted the other way.

Thanks for the replies

Jaysus Deezell, has the wife gone out? Lol!!
    I was just making the point that I'm expected to pay twice, for a license and for saorsat to be installed. I am already sorted the other way.

Thanks for the replies

Haha, sanctuary of the train, can read all my favourite boards. I have Openwebif working outside my home network, so I can meddle remotely ( in peace), check the results via screen grab. I need to get sorted the other way also as my next task, this box going abroad in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Hi,

Bit of a strange one here - I setup an AA2+ for myself (Hyperion 4.5) and got the 7 day EPG for FTA using the CrossEPG plugin.

My father bought the same box and I installed the same image on his. However he gets the 7 day EPG for FTA with no connection to the internet! I have verified this for myself, CrossEPG is not even set up.

How could this be? One additional piece of info is that he has cancelled his Sky sub with is due to expire in the next couple of weeks - could this be a factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Cerdito wrote: »
    Hi,

Bit of a strange one here - I setup an AA2+ for myself (Hyperion 4.5) and got the 7 day EPG for FTA using the CrossEPG plugin.

My father bought the same box and I installed the same image on his. However he gets the 7 day EPG for FTA with no connection to the internet! I have verified this for myself, CrossEPG is not even set up.

I'd imagine the receiver is downloading the Freesat epg ,which it downloads via satellite not internet.
    Freesat epg is enabled as default in the Epg settings in Setup ,it doesnt need Crossepg installed to download this epg .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Cerdito wrote: »
    Hi,

How could this be? One additional piece of info is that he has cancelled his Sky sub with is due to expire in the next couple of weeks - could this be a factor?

Crossepg does not need an internet connection, it can read the sky epg info from the satellite

Any ideas why I'm not picking up tv3,3e,rte news now and rte2 on Enigma2?

They all work on spark without problems.

Rte one, rte one +1, utv ireland and RTE Junior have been picked up and work on Enigma2.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

I've been doing this for a while now and I don't get why this isn't the default. This avoids having to use the tiny pause button to pause...

Edit /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml

Find the section
    <map context="InfobarSeekActions">

change
    <key id="KEY_OK" mapto="unPauseService" flags="m"/>
    to
    <key id="KEY_OK" mapto="playpauseService" flags="m" />

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Any ideas why I'm not picking up tv3,3e,rte news now and rte2 on Enigma2?

They all work on spark without problems.

Rte one, rte one +1, utv ireland and RTE Junior have been picked up and work on Enigma2.

Thanks!

+1 for this.
    Cannot get RTE1 for love nor money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

+1 for this.
    Cannot get RTE1 for love nor money

You need to scan two frequencies to get all the channels. At the moment you have only scanned one. And remember to not clear before second scan or you will lose whatever channels you got in the first scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    You need to scan two frequencies to get all the channels. At the moment you have only scanned one. And remember to not clear before second scan or you will lose whatever channels you got in the first scan.

Just to add to this, I am running Fresh Pots Hyperion 4.5 backup.

when I do the second scan, it does not append the channels found to the result from the first scan. I have definitely changed the 'clear before scan' option to be no on second scan but it just overwrites.

My solution was to, open up dreamboxedit after the first scan, get settings from the STB, create a new bouquet and copy the last scanned info into the new bouquet, send the settings to STB then perform the second scan, get settings from STB again, copy last scanned into the new bouquet and send the settings back to the STB. I did a bit of rearranging of channels in the new bouquet before sending the settings back to the STB.

A bit long winded but its the only way I could think of saving the channels after the clear before scan settings didn't stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

waiting patiently for zardoz openatv 4.3 build.....cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Did I read somewhere they fixed the tuner failed problem with recordings on openatv or was that something else I was looking at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement