Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Would you say 4.3 is less stable than 4.2?

I havent used it on the Alien 2 so I cant really comment.

However I have used 4.3 on the Alien 1 and I have had issues with it booting up.
    It will work grand today but when you turn it on tomorrow it can takes ages to load up ,its like it gets stuck on the boot cycle .
    Sometimes the hard drive isnt mounted either .
    I have had to reflash the box a few times too as it wouldnt boot at all .
    I'm not too sure why its happening ,I didnt have the issue with 4.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

GWNiall wrote: »
    My WEBIF has for some reason started asking for a username and password. I'm using openatv, but nothing i try works. I've tried blank blank, root oscam, root blank, etc.

Where can I find the default password and where can I change it? I have my ports forwarded correctly, and it happens from both a LAN and outside the LAN.

Thanks
    Ok, it's not parental control, it's http authentication which is turned on in the plugins/Webif settings. Your query reminded me that I needed to secure my box as I'd opened it to the outside wan. You'll need to set the telnet password on the box, the default is username root and no password ( on my box), or root.You'll need to telnet in and set the password to something. Webif uses this to secure access. Read this tutorial pasted from a sat forum. I used a telnet app on my phone. First time, I logged in using root, no password was set. Use dreambox control centre if you prefer to work from a pc, or telnet program in the command window.

Adapted from a post by ManikM

1. Ensure that your receiver has the same IP on your network. You can use IP reservation on your router or disable DHCP. I prefer reservation.

2. Set up/(change from default) a password for the receiver as a security measure. Web interface uses the same username (root) and password for the receiver. Don't forget that this will also change for Dreamboxedit/Dreamset etc.

To do this, telnet to the receiver and log on. Enter "passwd" to set up the password.

3.1 In the plugins menu of the receiver, open OpenWebif. Choose a HTTP port instead of the default one. e.g 1234.
    3.2 Enable Http authentication.
    3.3 Note down/change the streaming port. Default is 8001

Save and close. Now to test that it has been set up correctly. (Assuming IP address of receiver is 192.168.1.2) whilst on home network, using your web browser go the address of your STB. 192.168.1.2. It should fail. Now go to 192.168.1.2:1234 (1234) is the port we assigned. You should be prompted for a user name and password. This will be "root" and whatever the password we set at step 2 above. Check that it works.

4. We now need to change port forward settings on the router.
    Forward port 1234 (Http port for openwebif) to 192.168.1.2 (IP address of STB)
    Forward port 8001 (streaming port for openwebif) to 192.168.1.2 (IP address of STB)

5. Find out your WAN IP. This should be in the router settings or you can find it by going to What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... You will be connecting to this IP address. As providers change these, it would be an idea to set up a dyndns or similar account.

6. Connecting to receiver from external source. For arguments sake, let us say our WAN IP is 83.14.A.435.
    Using your mobile internet, go to the following web address: 83.14.A.435 (external WAN IP). This should also fail. Now go to 83.14.A.435:1234 (wan IP & port of openwebif). This should now take you to your receivers web interface.
    You can use your browser to manage things or you can use Dreamdroid. If using Dreamdroid, make sure you set up both streaming and ensure that you tick "enable login". Save and close. I have created two profiles, one internal when using LAN and another external. For streaming I use MXplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

championc wrote: »
    My image has channels setup as 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.

What you need to do is copy stations into the very TOP grouping which is "28.2E UK Bouquets". It's obviously looked at by everyone as just a heading, but the first station listed in here will be displayed if you then press Number 1 on the boxes' remote.

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **hi tried to load this Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu
    onto my alien 1 box boot wont boot any ideas it just says boot and get the 7-70 also when i try the other way...

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

T TO on the display when trying to flash usually means it cant find/read the two files needed to reflash. Make sure the file/folder names are correct and located on a fat32 USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi Zardoz I'm using ur new Hyperion 4.5 image on my alien 2. Its all good except when I try to add a autotimer, it only records 2 of the 5 episodes a week. Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Also when I do have it setup properly will I have to edit the autotimer say each week, or will it just keep recording the series e.g. for months without me having to do anything.
    Thanks again for the great image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Help!!!
    For some reason, my AA2+ has stopped responding to the remote, or responding a minute after the button push. Running hyp 4.5 , last thing I was messing with was HDMI CEC setup. Would this have anything to do with it.?

Help!!!
    For some reason, my AA2+ has stopped responding to the remote, or responding a minute after the button push. Running hyp 4.5 , last thing I was messing with was HDMI CEC setup. Would this have anything to do with it.?

Anything is possible, just back from pub, 'someone' was messing with settings, box pictures all zoomed, but pictures from the tv's own tuner at the correct ratio. After an hour of a/v setting tinkering, losing the OSD graphics first then losing the picture altogether and having to read the menu from the box LED just to get back an image, I discovered HDMI CEC was on, which somehow told the Tv to zoom when on Hdmi, but normal aspect from its own tuner. Turning it off restored parity and allowed pictures to be matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Hi just flashed Technophobes latest image.

Looks good! Thanks!

One question, the log in username/password doesn't seem to work when I try and long in via IP.

IS PASSWORD DEFINITELY "Scooby/2015"?

That doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Partymack wrote: »
    Hi just flashed Technophobes latest image.

Looks good! Thanks!

One question, the log in username/password doesn't seem to work when I try and long in via IP.

IS PASSWORD DEFINITELY "Scooby/2015"?

That doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Yep definitely
    root
    Scooby/2015 Capitol S

just tried it again on webif & dreambox control ftp
    7 filezilla

What are you using to connect & are you on the same lan
    Did you remember to change the ip address to something on your lan or DHCP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

How do I turn off time shift in hyperion 4.5?

I found it ages ago but can't for the life of me find it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

My USB HDD is becoming read only for some reason. When I try deleting a recording, I get 'Cannot move to trash can [Errno 30]

This also affects recordings. Only way out of it is a reboot. I'm on Hyperion 4.5

Anyone else affected by this?

Technofobe wrote: »
    Yep definitely
    root
    Scooby/2015 Capitol S

just tried it again on webif & dreambox control ftp
    7 filezilla

What are you using to connect & are you on the same lan
    Did you remember to change the ip address to something on your lan or DHCP

Cheers Technophobe!

It was the IP address.

Thanks.

Hey,

Been using AA2 with openatv (Champs December image) for last few months.

Love the look and feel but really struggling to resolve a recording issue.

My 500g HDD Is NTSC. Whenever I record a program, particularly on HD channels I get break up of image, audio track starts to jump around and generally becomes unwatchable. I've read on openatv forums that others have this problem too. BTW recordings is SPARK are perfect, so not dud box.

Question is would it be resolved by formatting HDD to Ext 3? Or is it a problem with Enhanced Movie Player? Or possibly Enigna2?

Anyone else having this problem or got a solution? If it's something I really really do not want to miss I have to be sure to boot back to spark.. Which is a pain!

Seems like I solve one problem then another crops up. 7 day epg has dissappeared from astra28.2 channels. Nothing but a couple of now/ next on some. I tried all the different providers in setup/crossep. Which are the correct ones and search order for Fta and sky channels? Frustratingly, if I select EPG on the Webif on my pc or phone, and select a 28.2 bouquet, say entertainment, or movies, all the EPG data is there, but little or nothing with cool tv on the boxes own epg. I have to assume Webif is drawing the pages from data in the box, so why is cool epg not reflecting this? Should I delete and reinstall cool. I notice that if I highlight cool epg in the menu/plugins list, then click select, the box greenscreens with a message and then reboots. I've nothing to lose by removing cool from plugins and reloading and reinstalling it?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Curiously ,the latest nightly download for Openatv 4.2 is today but there hasnt been an update for 4.3 since March 7th.

I read on Openatv forum recently a post from one of their Administrators (Captain I think). It was in German so I google translated.. Apparently they are not going to continue updating 4.3 but instead are going to focus on 5.0 and skip all the iterations in between! Watch this space.. they've a bit to do to get it truly sorted.

Hi Zardoz I'm using ur new Hyperion 4.5 image on my alien 2. Its all good except when I try to add a autotimer, it only records 2 of the 5 episodes a week. Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Also when I do have it setup properly will I have to edit the autotimer say each week, or will it just keep recording the series e.g. for months without me having to do anything.
    Thanks again for the great image.

Is the Autotimer only finding 2 of the episodes or is it finding all 5 but only recording 2 ?
    Autotimer can be a hit and miss ,it doesnt seem to work with some programmes .

You can set up Autotimer to poll ,so that it will constantly check the epg for your selected programme ,so once its set up it will record for months .

Is the Autotimer only finding 2 of the episodes or is it finding all 5 but only recording 2 ?

You can set up Autotimer to poll ,so that it will constantly check the epg for your selected programme ,so once its set up it will record for months .

Thanks man how do I set it up to poll??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Go into the autotimer plugin, press the menu button, then choose setup and set poll automatically to yes.

Thanks guys will try this out later!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

hiya guys,

Does anybody know how to fix the resolution on the cbs and film channels?

What's happening is that the screen jumps to a bigger resolution or something along those lines and the picture is pretty big on screen. You cannot see the logos or tagging in the top right/top left hand corners and the picture is a bit crappy tbh.

It's as if the picture display does not fit the screen size.

It's only happening for cbs channels and all the film ones except more>movies.

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

hiya guys,

What's happening is that the screen jumps to a bigger resolution or something along those lines and the picture is pretty big on screen. You cannot see the logos or tagging in the top right/top left hand corners and the picture is a bit crappy tbh.

Any info would be great.

Thanks!
    Sounds like the aspect ratio is set to best fit. If you go into menu,settings av settings you should find it there. Set it to 16:9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

hiya guys,

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Settings > system > AV setting > display 4:3 content as > select letterbox

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Timepiece

Hi, I have just loaded championc's excellent Alien 2 (Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image j8y5fWmage.)

It appears to have everything with the added advantage for me that the image was setup for Threerock.

Just one small problem. I cannot find RTE Junior. I can see this listed at the bottom of the kids Bouquet, but that appears to be for satellite.

I am reluctant to change anything at this stage as everything else appears great.

Settings > system > AV setting > display 4:3 content as > select letterbox

Sorry, where do I find settings from ?

when I am on the channel list screen if I select menu=>settings=> it doesn't give me anything here for AV Settings.

When I select menu from the initial homescreen it gives me the options of "setup=>system=> but then also no AV settings feature.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks again!

Sorry, where do I find settings from ?

when I am on the channel list screen if I select menu=>settings=> it doesn't give me anything here for AV Settings.

When I select menu from the initial homescreen it gives me the options of "setup=>system=> but then also no AV settings feature.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks again!

What enigma image are you running?

I honestly don't have a clue. It was a box I got with enigma2 preloaded from tvtrade a few weeks ago.

Everything else is working on it no problem. Picons, epg, saorviews etc.

I'm not sure about enigma image but I'm using the open pli night skin if that indicates any background image that may be compatible with it?

I honestly don't have a clue. It was a box I got with enigma2 preloaded from tvtrade a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure about enigma image but I using the open pli night skin if that indicates any background image that may be compatible with it?

Do you have blue borders on your menus? I think you could be running the default OS Spark, not Enigma

I'm not sure about enigma image but I'm using the open pli night skin if that indicates any background image that may be compatible with it?

As massdebator said it sounds like spark, what options do you get when you press the menu button?

• Advertisement

Do you have blue borders on your menus? I think you could be running the default OS Spark, not Enigma

lol, He is using Enigma 2,he posted about it before and how he updated the skin via the download server.

I think its Openatv ,thats what Freetv supply as default and was mentioned in previous posts.

I think the av settings are in Menu ->Setup-> Video

You can check the image info by pressing Menu -> Information > About

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement