Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

It's definitely Enigma2. I know how to boot the box from spark into engima2 by pressing the ok button at the start etc.

The options i get when i press menu are :

Info Panel, information, timers,plugins,setup,standby/restart.

If i go into the channel list and hit menu my options are :

Settings,add to bouquet,rename channel, remove channel, add move mode etc.

if I click on settings within channel list mode i get :

Alternative numbering mode, always show bouquets etc etc.

Zardoz wrote: »
    lol, He is using Enigma 2,he posted about it before and how he updated the skin via the download server.

I think its Openatv ,thats what Freetv supply as default and was mentioned in previous posts.

I think the av settings are in Menu ->Setup->System->OSD or Display

You can check the image info by pressing Menu -> Information

Thanks lads and Zardoz, I will give this a try now. You're special in a special kind of way :D

I'll let you know if this solves it in a few mins! Thanks.

Still having the same issue.

I go into System=>extended system and within there I have the options for Display or OSD Settings.

The OSD has already been setup. I did that a while back and that's perfect. The display settings do not give me anything regarding Aspect Ratio.

Don't forget, all the other channels work fine. Its just the CBS channels and the movie channels which are having this issue.

The issue again is this... when I change to one of the affected channels, the screen will at first flash into a smaller resolution as if its on an old tv and not in widescreen for a second, here I can see the true movies logo etc in the top left hand corner of the screen, after this split second, this disappears and the channel will go "full screen", whereas the channel icon's/logos can no longer be seen and the picture is a bit bigger and a bit clunky. It looks terrible tbh.

Any ideas? Hope I've been clear enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Still having the same issue.

I go into System=>extended system and within there I have the options for Display or OSD Settings.

The OSD has already been setup. I did that a while back and that's perfect. The display settings do not give me anything regarding Aspect Ratio.

Don't forget, all the other channels work fine. Its just the CBS channels and the movie channels which are having this issue.

The issue again is this... when I change to one of the affected channels, the screen will at first flash into a smaller resolution as if its on an old tv and not in widescreen for a second, here I can see the true movies logo etc in the top left hand corner of the screen, after this split second, this disappears and the channel will go "full screen", whereas the channel icon's/logos can no longer be seen and the picture is a bit bigger and a bit clunky. It looks terrible tbh.

Any ideas? Hope I've been clear enough.

You need to go into Menu ->Setup-> Video or else change the aspect ratio on the affected channels via the aspect button in the top left hand of the remote.

You need to go into Menu ->Setup-> Video or else change the aspect ratio on the affected channels via the aspect button in the top left hand of the remote.

Great, got it sorted. Thanks Zardoz.

I just needed to change the aspect to "use scale" instead of pillarbox.

It was in Video Settings.

Easy when you know how. Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Can anybody tell me the recommended way to setup an external hard drive (2TB) with Zardozs Hyperion backup??

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Can anybody tell me the recommended way to setup an external hard drive (2TB) with Zardozs Hyperion backup??

Thanks in advance.

The image will automount the drive when connected but its best to format it as Ext3 filetype .
    Its the same method to format a drive with any Enigma 2 backup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSqah1QGyY
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnchEM6NJI
    and format as Ext3

There are alot of good setup guides for the Alien 1 and 2 on the Freetv.ie website .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

The image will automount the drive when connected but its best to format it as Ext3 filetype .

There are alot of good setup guides for the Alien 1 and 2 on the Freetv.ie website .

Thanks for the help and thanks for a great image!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSqah1QGyY
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnchEM6NJI
    and format as Ext3

Can I just ask out of curiosity what is the benefits of it formatted to ext 3? Just wondering because I was always too lazy to format mine but it seems to work ok as ntfs??

Thanks for the help and thanks for a great image!

Best image I have used and I have tried loads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can I just ask out of curiosity what is the benefits of it formatted to ext 3? Just wondering because I was always too lazy to format mine but it seems to work ok as ntfs??

It's a Linux operating system it will perform better with a Linux file system

It's a Linux operating system it will perform better with a Linux file system

Just haven't noticed any issues in lenght of time I've used the box so just wondering.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it works a lot faster than ntsc

if you wana play the ext3 drive on you laptop this is a handy program

http://www.ext2fsd.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Nowso wrote: »
    it works a lot faster than ntsc

if you wana play the ext3 drive on you laptop this is a handy program

http://www.ext2fsd.com/

NTFS.

You also don't need this software if you use the samba plugin and map the drive as a network drive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

In a way this answers my missing astra28.2 EPG problem. Assuming crossepg and cool epg are ok, the obvious reason the epg database malfunctions would be to do with storage . In fact a lot of my epg problems, crashing, freezing, etc. would seem to lie in the storage. I had both memory stick and hard disk. Disk was initialised using the menu option. I had lots of problems, Tried reverting to NTFS, lots of messages re drive full or not correct etc. I seem to be up and running now, I used the free EaseUS disk program on the pc to format the disk as EXT3. It's humming. The EPG database downloads and parses much quicker, due to faster disk speed. Timeshift is not struggling. Lots of other tests to do, but definitely use EXT3 and format on a pc, don't use the box initialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Using the latest Hyperion 4.5 and for the life of me I cant get the channel to zap when ok is pressed from coolepg.
    I thought it was working before but buttons may have been mashed by little fingers and done something

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

NTFS.

You also don't need this software if you use the samba plugin and map the drive as a network drive

the program will work with more than one drive and means you dont have to use network settings etc and you dont need to partition your hard drive to use it

gar wrote: »
    Using the latest Hyperion 4.5 and for the life of me I cant get the channel to zap when ok is pressed from coolepg.
    I thought it was working before but buttons may have been mashed by little fingers and done something

Press the epg button and then press menu when in epg when the settings come up press green and you will get a new panel of settings there you should see the function of the ok button it should say zap and exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys sorry but i have a usb stick that will no longer work in my box.its a 64gb and wont let me format as its in ext3 and alien 2 wont recognise it.its also write protected.any ideas how i can get to reuse it again..it just stop working and noticed it when the epg would not download.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

hi guys sorry but i have a usb stick that will no longer work in my box.its a 64gb and wont let me format as its in ext3 and alien 2 wont recognise it.its also write protected.any ideas how i can get to reuse it again..it just stop working and noticed it when the epg would not download.thanks

Is that on an open ATV image? Seen a few people saying it stops recognising hard drives randomly.

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Is that on an open ATV image? Seen a few people saying it stops recognising hard drives randomly.
    ya it is funny enough and cant format it back.ive even tried to unwrite it from pc but no joy

ya it is funny enough and cant format it back.ive even tried to unwrite it from pc but no joy

Yeah its just a problem with the image, not your drive. Haven't seen any fix for it but maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough. Going to wait for 5.0 to be released before I try openatv again. Been using hyperion v4.5 since its release with no problems, its hard to fault it, if the on demand plugin would work on it it would be perfect.

Yeah its just a problem with the image, not your drive. Haven't seen any fix for it but maybe I just haven't been looking hard enough. Going to wait for 5.0 to be released before I try openatv again. Been using hyperion v4.5 since its release with no problems, its hard to fault it, if the on demand plugin would work on it it would be perfect.
    so my usb is uselss now is it..i hope not as its 64gb

so my usb is uselss now is it..i hope not as its 64gb

No, the usb is fine. The image is at fault and has stopped seeing it. Should be able to format it in spark to ext3 or on your pc to ntfs. If you have something on it you want to keep give flashing the image again a go and hopefully it would mount successfully then.

No, the usb is fine. The image is at fault and has stopped seeing it. Should be able to format it in spark to ext3 or on your pc to ntfs. If you have something on it you want to keep give flashing the image again a go and hopefully it would mount successfully then.
    every time i try to flash it it gives a error and spark just gives the searching icon on top left of screen all the time so wont show up

also when i plug it into the computer it says monaghon and used 18gb for some reason as i never give my hdd names

Plug the drive in to the Pc. Go to Control Panel/Administartive tools/Computer Management/Storage/Disk management. here you will see the drive, Right click on the partition and you can format it back to NTFS or FAT32. On a 64bit Pc i think only NTFS and ExFAT. You could also download the free version of EaseUS partition manager to your PC, then you can format back and forward between EXT and windows formats, totally erase the drive first, with a number of erase cycles, and so on

every time i try to flash it it gives a error and spark just gives the searching icon on top left of screen all the time so wont show up
    When you use the e2upgrade plugin in spark what error do you get? The usb you use to flash the image needs to be formatted to fat32 btw. Then when its flashed pop in your ext3 formatted drive and reboot to e2.

Plug the drive in to the Pc. Go to Control Panel/Administrative tools/Computer Management/Storage/Disk management. Here you will see the drive, Right click on the partition and you can format it back to NTFS or FAT32. On a 64bit Pc I think only NTFS and ExFAT. You could also download the free version of EaseUS partition manager to your PC, then you can format back and forward between EXT and windows formats, totally erase the drive first, with a number of erase cycles, and so on

• Advertisement

When you use the e2upgrade plugin in spark what error do you get? The usb you use to flash the image needs to be formatted to fat32 btw. Then when its flashed pop in your ext3 formatted drive and reboot to e2.
    when i plug it in its just got the finding usb logo on top of screen all the time and wont reconize.it wont format back to fat32 as im now using partation manager pro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement