Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Davey123Boy

Thanks, have done that now and it's the best it has been in a few weeks.
    It is still only loading for the next 8 hours but according to sources rytec and XLMTV are no longer being supported so OPENTV looks like it will have to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thanks, have done that now and it's the best it has been in a few weeks.
    It is still only loading for the next 8 hours but according to sources rytec and XLMTV are no longer being supported so OPENTV looks like it will have to do

Do you mind me asking why did you need to change any settings in cross epg to start with? I use freshpots 4.5 image but I've tried championc open ATV image and zardoz image also and I've never had to change any of the provider settings or anything it usuall just works unless it cant detect my hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

More FEC changes today so satellites.xml updated again. Unusual this late in the week.

Picons aren't working for me after the scan. I've run autobouquets but still nothing.

They ok for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Picons aren't working for me after the scan. I've run autobouquets but still nothing.

They ok for you?
    They haven't changed any station IDs or anything that would cause a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Davey123Boy

I didn't change any of the settings in CrossEpg to start with - it just stopped loading about 3 weeks ago. It was only then I tried using different XMLTV providers and different images but with no success.
    I tried both those images you mentioned and had a 500GB hard drive mounted which was detected but only got the next 8 hours - I'm totally confused!!
    Gone back to only using OpenTV provider now and 12 hours is the most I can get. Looking at some sat forums, there is a lot of talk about rytec no longer being supported due to misuse of the system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Just an update on timeshift trial on v4.5
    Having reduced the slider in the bluepanel-settings-timeshift to nothing and testing by (a) leaving one channel without changing for several hours (b) pause a channel , and leave for several hours.
    Both challenges resulted in a timeshift file which covered the full length of time. Used BBC 1 HD. File was 10 gb with test (a) for about 4hrs and 46gb or 1184 minutes for test (b)
    Note: my timeshift is set to begin 2 secs after channel change.

I have updated my keymap to suit my needs. May be of use to some.
    The f3 button is mapped to go straight to timers. The fast forward and rewind buttons ff and rewind. And I have now changed the play button to start/pause timeshift during normal viewing. Did this so I could use the remote on the dreamdroid app ,and others, as there is no pause button. This means that it won't call up the movie/recorded directory as it did previously. It acts as normal in all other areas. This works on any pli image eg Hyperion v4.5

Uploading as a txt file here. Put it into urs-local-share-enigma2 and rename as keymap.xml (as always take a copy/backup of your own first)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Will those FEC changes affect everyone or will my aa2 automatically detect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Imstuck wrote: »
    Will those FEC changes affect everyone or will my aa2 automatically detect them?

Yes, but the box will detect. When tuning a single TP, you enter the frequency, polarity,symbol rate and FEC. If the FEC is set incorrectly, it might not scan, haven't tried it to be honest. In an auto scan the box tries all available options. Once a TP is tuned and it's channels detected, FEC can be extracted from the signal anyway, so no need to retune. Practical effect of a high FEC is less protection from noisy and weak reception. Going from 2/3 to 7/8 means only 1/8 instead of 1/3 of the signal is used for Forward Error Correction. This will affect viewers in fringe reception areas, on that TP. Parts of Europe maybe.

Slevster wrote: »
    Just an update on timeshift trial on v4.5
    Having reduced the slider in the bluepanel-settings-timeshift to nothing and testing by (a) leaving one channel without changing for several hours (b) pause a channel , and leave for several hours.
    Both challenges resulted in a timeshift file which covered the full length of time. Used BBC 1 HD. File was 10 gb with test (a) for about 4hrs and 46gb or 1184 minutes for test (b)
    Note: my timeshift is set to begin 2 secs after channel change.
    I wonder what the max is, a 1TB hdd would do 400 hours of with those figures, that's over 11 days.to fill the disk.

• Advertisement

The main advantage of using a specific satellites.xml is when starting from a clean install. This will scan the known TPs currently in use in about 2 minutes, compared to a blind or network scan which can take more than 30 minutes.

deezell wrote: »
    I wonder what the max is, a 1TB hdd would do 400 hours of with those figures, that's over 11 days.to fill the disk.

From the results above, I would imagine that the slider does not affect timeshift duration. As in, the file sizes were not restricted . it was only my intervention that stopped the time shift.
    Have to test it with the slider at max yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

lads im giving champs latest atv a go and need the sly skin for it to be house friendly. its not in the download menu anywhere, is there any way for me to find and install this skin myself please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Hi @Davey123Boy

I have never heard anyone complain about CrossEPG not working on ANY of my images. And there have been over 3000 clicks on my goo.gl links

Hi @GerryWicklow

The latest OpenATV v5.0 does a full satellite scan in minutes :)

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

Cheers Championc. Might give it a go on a non-F1 weekend ;)

Are there apps like dreamdroid or vu+ for apple?

(Am not farimilar with apple apps at all. Was asked by someone thinking of getting the box. )

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Sle ster wrote: »

(Am not farimilar with apple apps at all. Was asked by someone thinking of getting the box. )

I use this:

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/blackbox-pro-for-dreambox/id641623863?mt=8

Works perfect.

I use this:

Works perfect.

I use this:

Works perfect.

I use this:

Works perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

championc wrote: »
    Hi @Davey123Boy

I have never heard anyone complain about CrossEPG not working on ANY of my images. And there have been over 3000 clicks on my goo.gl links

Hi @GerryWicklow

The latest OpenATV v5.0 does a full satellite scan in minutes :)

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu
    is there going to be a new ar-p image coming anytime soon or is there one in the works

is there a android app that can let watch the box while im away or is it possable at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

is there a android app that can let watch the box while im away or is it possable at all

Should be possible with dreamdroid but from what I have read its not very reliable outside of your home network.

Should be possible with dreamdroid but from what I have read its not very reliable outside of your home network.
    ya and for the life of me it wont connect to my wifi or any of my aliens

ya and for the life of me it wont connect to my wifi or any of my aliens
    Even if you sort all the port forwarding to see your box and stream outside, you will need a high upload speed of about 3-4Mb/s for sd and up to 9 for HD. Unless you have fibre, this is not a runner.

Even if you sort all the port forwarding to see your box and stream outside, you will need a high upload speed of about 3=4Mn/sfor sd and up to 9 for HD. Unless you have fibre, this is not a runner.
    ya have fibre but decided to use android dreamer for now as its so simple to setup

ya have fibre but decided to use android dreamer for now as its so simple to setup
    If you have fibre you should have good upload speed to the outside world. Dreamdroid or Android Dreamer are good client apps for watching, but they have nothing to do with the stream or the 'view' of the stream outside the internal network in the house. Generally, these apps connect to the box on port 80 for the interface, and use port 8001 for the actual streams. Your router will need to be set up to forward http traffic (port 80) from the external ip of your router to the ip of the box, though you can use other port numbers on the external ip and translate them to the 'box ip':80. The dream droid app pulls down the live streams on port 8001, this is set up in the app, and you may need to port forward 8001 from the external router ip to the internal box ip . This might be taken care of by NAT (network address translation) after the original interface connection is made on port 80, but I know I had to set up this as a port forward ( its actually called game sharing in my router, not very intuitive to set up). My upload speed tops at 300kB/s, so pictures from really lo bit rate sources, such as RTE news Now, were still to high to resolve, though I would get bursts of sound and a few frames of video. The ideal solution to this is transcoding, where the raw box streams are transcoded down to highly compressed modest resolution running at 250-350 KB/s. Would be nice if there was a plugin for this, but you can do this yourself by using VLC on a PC to open and output the stream with transcoding, or you can use a server/app package like "Enigma-TV" which is a user friendly server on a PC to do the same. It means leaving a PC running to receive outside the home. With the RTE player now so restricted abroad, it might be the only option to watch home programs from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

The ideal solution to this is transcoding, where the raw box streams are transcoded down to highly compressed modest resolution running at 250-350 KB/s... you can do this yourself by using VLC on a PC to open and output the stream with transcoding, or you can use a server/app package like "Enigma-TV" which is a user friendly server on a PC to do the same. It means leaving a PC running to receive outside the home..

Have you tried streaming to outside your home network using this set-up deezell? Did it work well and any chance of giving a short guide on how to do it?

I know how to stream from Alien2 to view channels on my laptop using VLC. Are you saying the VLC output is transcoded and could be somehow directed to a port on my router that is forwarded for streaming outside my home network at something like 250-350 KB/s?

Cheers,

Flex

Have you tried streaming to outside your home network using this set-up deezell? Did it work well and any chance of giving a short guide on how to do it?

I know how to stream from Alien2 to view channels on my laptop using VLC. Are you saying the VLC output is transcoded and could be somehow directed to a port on my router that is forwarded for streaming outside my home network at something like 250-350 KB/s?

Cheers,

Flex
    I've been trying it internally first. You can try it between 2 pcs, or a Pc and a device with VLC. You open the stream in VLC using the stream.m3u file which you can get by rightclicking on the stream icon on open webif. Test this by clickin play in the next pane. You can alsi click stream, whereupon you choose the type of stream, transcoding, etc. I've limited time at home to mess with this, i've done the stream part here in work using fixed files and a stream from a webcam. I'll write up a bit more when I've better results. EDIT There are a few server products out there which simplify this. One which costs 6€ is Enigma-Tv, a pc program which let's you enter the box ip and ports, has a channel selector for source, let's you set transcode size and bitrate, say 25% and 200kbps, and sets the output lP of the pc and port as the url of your streamsource. This you port forward on your router To access outside your home network. It has a full set of client apps for all platforms, and these can be used to view the transcoded lo bitrtrate streams and also to change channels. The home made vlc solution would be more difficult to configure if you wanted to choose a range of channels. I think I'll give this software a go, for 6 yoyos it's well worth it.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got SaorSat running on an AA2 and if so what settings do I need?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement