Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Going to get a friend who is more tech savvy to have a look at it. It came preloaded withe enigma 2 straight out of the box.
    Did spark boot back up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Ya got that going thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone know how to get youtube going in tsmedia.all i get is a black screen when i click a video

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I've been using Zardoz's Hyperion V4.5 image since it was uploaded with no problems, until now. When I press the ok button all the channels would come up with the relevant programme information, but this morning when I press the OK button only the channels show. If I flick back and forwards between channels the programme information slowly begins to show, but I have to click back and forward on every channel for this to happen.

I reinstalled the image but to no avail. Anyone any ideas on why this is happening all of a sudden?

Also, is it possible to strip out an image completely and then reflash image again.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I'd delete EPG.data and everything in your crossepg file on your hard drive and then run crossepg

• Advertisement

Imstuck wrote: »
    I'd delete EPG.data and everything in your crossepg file on your hard drive and then run crossepg

I tried that, no luck!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

cyndale wrote: »

Have you also lost all the info on cool epg. sudden loss of all epg is nearly always due to lack of disc ( hdd) access when cross is updating the database. Unmount /remount the hard drive using pkt blue panel tools. Reboot, run cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I've been using Zardoz's Hyperion V4.5 image since it was uploaded with no problems, until now. When I press the ok button all the channels would come up with the relevant programme information, but this morning when I press the OK button only the channels show. If I flick back and forwards between channels the programme information slowly begins to show, but I have to click back and forward on every channel for this to happen.

I reinstalled the image but to no avail. Anyone any ideas on why this is happening all of a sudden?

Also, is it possible to strip out an image completely and then reflash image again.:(

How is Crossepg currently setup ?
    Press Menu /Setup/Crossepg/Configure
    Make sure it isnt changed to internal flash

Also check the database info
    Press Menu /Setup/Crossepg/About

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Crossepg seems to cause the most amount of issues with the enigma images, from what I see reported. And due to the nature/underlining cause of the issue, it appears to occur suddenly and randomly (as the issue appears to be the accumulation of data acquired over a period of time. Championc has addressed this issue in his image backups by cleverly adding a task to periodically delete old crossepg files)
    There have been several posts about how to resolve. Including, deleting all epg files (more than just the folder)checking and remounting the drives, reconfiguring or uninstalling/reinstalling the plugins, undating/rescaning channels.
    I would advise doing the easy things first ,eg deleting all epg.dat files and the crossepg folder. Remounting the drives. Check that the epgsettings are set to hdd (or as zardoz has advised for his image), and prodivers are set for the 28.2 (opentv) . reboot and then force a download.
    If this doesn't work, then uninstall the crossepg plugin (and perhaps the cool man plugin) , delete crossepg folder and dat files.reboot (important to reboot before reinstall). Then reinstall all, configure as above and force download.
    And it that doesn't doesn't, update your satellite. xml file and rescan. Then redo the crossepg as above.

And if that doesn't bring you joy....then....

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Would it not be easier to flash the image again? Or does it leave some remnant settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

Hi lads,

I installed Rats picon updater ( I am using Zardoz Hyp 4.5). When it completes running, there are still some of the picons missing. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Has anyone tried using the dvb-c tuner on the amiko with upc cable? I saw on the cable section that someone has tried on dvb-c capable tv's and there are some open channels.

i have an an old upc digital cable next to my box i could try if someone could tell me frequencies and confirms it won't do anything harmful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

mrbloop wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I installed Rats picon updater ( I am using Zardoz Hyp 4.5). When it completes running, there are still some of the picons missing. Am I missing something?

As far as i know rats stopped supporting the picons updater a few months back mate, thy are other options but i just use the normal black picons from the plug ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

jayo26 wrote: »
    As far as i know rats stopped supporting the picons updater a few months back mate, thy are other options but i just use the normal black picons from the plug ins.

Where have you been the last week, it's back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Where have you been the last week, it's back

Haha not on here obviously lol sorry about that i usually dont follow up on threads and all here when im busy sorry mate.

SkySter wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using the dvb-c tuner on the amiko with upc cable? I saw on the cable section that someone has tried on dvb-c capable tv's and there are some open channels.

i have an an old upc digital cable next to my box i could try if someone could tell me frequencies and confirms it won't do anything harmful.
    Just do a full scan, you can't do any harm. Check last scanned bouquet to see if it found anything.

Cyndale- did you get the crossepg sorted?

What am I doing wrong ?
    I went to watch UTV HD I got sound but no picture
    I thought ok so there have been a few changes in the last few weeks
    Did a complete rescan and went to last scanned and picked utv hd
    11068 V 2300 2/3
    same again sound but no picture
    broke out the sat meter did a full scan no UTV HD just standard def utv
    Swapped over to Spark
    UTV HD there laughing at me no problems at all
    took note of the said freq 11068/22999/v
    Went back to hyper 4.5 did a manual scan found UTV HD but again sound no picture
    Ran autoboquets no UTV HD at all
    what am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks

Technofobe wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong ?
    I thought ok so there have been a few changes in the last few weeks
    Did a complete rescan and went to last scanned and picked utv hd
    11068 V 2300 2/3
    same again sound but no picture
    broke out the sat meter did a full scan no UTV HD just standard def utv
    Swapped over to Spark
    UTV HD there laughing at me no problems at all
    took note of the said freq 11068/22999/v
    Went back to hyper 4.5 did a manual scan found UTV HD but again sound no picture
    Ran autoboquets no UTV HD at all
    what am I doing wrong ?
    Could Thanks
    Are other hd channels displaying? It might be the TV not the box. Go to the Setup AV settings, change the output setting to a standard resolution, 720, see does the picture display, then try the higher res ones again.

deezell wrote: »
    Are other hd channels displaying? It might be the TV not the box. Go to the Setup AV settings, change the output setting to a standard resolution, 720, see does the picture display, then try the higher res ones again.
    Worth a shot
    cheers
    But still the same :-(
    ta

• Advertisement

Worth a shot
    cheers
    But still the same :-(
    ta

I have utvHd on a different freq than you mentioned.

Thanks

The same is happening with UTV HD and STV HD on my box as well!

I've tried everything suggested to get Crossepg to work, but to no avail.

Slevster wrote: »
    Cyndale- did you get the crossepg sorted?

I tried all the tips, none of them worked.

The only one I didn't try... And if that doesn't doesn't, update your satellite. xml file and rescan. Then redo the crossepg as above.

Not sure how to update satellite xml file!:eek:

Slevster wrote: »
    I have utvHd on a different freq than you mentioned.
    Just tried that freq but no joy :-( still same
    Cheers

Just tried loading a new sat.xml
    But still same

The same is happening with UTV HD and STV HD on my box as well!

I've tried everything suggested to get Crossepg to work, but to no avail.

What a strange coincidence, I turned on the telly to check my situation, all channels had sound and no picture. This was probably due to a thunderstrom and power failure in the small hours last night, with the power flicking on and off, before failing altogether. Oddly enough, I was watching the 6 news on a stream perfectly. Anyway, I rebooted and all was well. I didnt have UTV HD in a bouquet, and when I used Dreambox edit to add it, it was out of date, no PID. I done a rescan on the new frequency, 11068 and 23000 baud, and got four channels in Last Scanned, STV HD, UTV HD, ITV encore HD and ITV3 HD. Now it gets stranger, the first three worked fine, the last was blank, but this is scrambled. I decided to put the UTV HD into my main bouquet, and just for the fun, I decided to use the EPG to do this rather than dreambox edit. Pressed OK to bring up the basic epg, just the four channels above, then press menu and select the item "add service to bouquet", select my main bouquet, automatically back to the last scanned list and press UTV HD. when I done this, the picture disappeared and I was left with sound only. It was copied to my main bouquet, but the same problem. So I had it working, then broke it somehow. Its working fine on another old edision sat box, so there must be something in the basic stream that enigma doesnt like. Its streaming to a laptop, tho I've never got solid pictures from HD streaming over wireless. I'm getting a still image from it somtimes when i change back and forward.

I tried all the tips, none of them worked.

The only one I didn't try... And if that doesn't doesn't, update your satellite. xml file and rescan. Then redo the crossepg as above.

Not sure how to update satellite xml file!:eek:

Do a quick search on this thread for "satellite.xml" . one of the good folks here uploaded the latest version about 2 weeks ago or so. Ftp it across (not at home atm , and can not remember exactly where it goes, off the top of my head, but I'm sure your search will also throw up that info).
    Replace the xml, (and uninstall your crossepg , when you are at it, after deleting the crossepg folder and the other epg.dat file that lives outside of that file) . reboot (important). Then rescan ( do a manual scan , selecting the "astra 28.2 " option and select "yes" to clear before scanning). Then download the crossepg plugin and configure.

I can watch UTV HD and STV HD from my PC via Open Webif!:confused:

deezell wrote: »
    What a strange coincidence, I turned on the telly to check my situation, all channels had sound and no picture. This was probably due to a thunderstrom and power failure in the small hours last night, with the power flicking on and off, before failing altogether. Oddly enough, I was watching the 6 news on a stream perfectly. Anyway, I rebooted and all was well. I didnt have UTV HD in a bouquet, and when I used Dreambox edit to add it, it was out of date, no PID. I done a rescan on the new frequency, 11068 and 23000 baud, and got four channels in Last Scanned, STV HD, UTV HD, ITV encore HD and ITV3 HD. Now it gets stranger, the first three worked fine, the last was blank, but this is scrambled. I decided to put the UTV HD into my main bouquet, and just for the fun, I decided to use the EPG to do this rather than dreambox edit. Pressed OK to bring up the basic epg, just the four channels above, then press menu and select the item "add service to bouquet", select my main bouquet, automatically back to the last scanned list and press UTV HD. when I done this, the picture disappeared and I was left with sound only. It was copied to my main bouquet, but the same problem. So I had it working, then broke it somehow. Its working fine on another old edision sat box, so there must be something in the basic stream that enigma doesnt like. Its streaming to a laptop, tho I've never got solid pictures from HD streaming over wireless. I'm getting a still image from it somtimes when i change back and forward.

What about ITV HD? Same issue?

• Advertisement

Just Uploaded the old bouquets back to the box then rescanned and got the four channels. they worked fine. i used DBEdit this time to move UTV HD to my Bouquet and sent the reload command. It worked fine, but when I moved to a different channel, then back to UTV HD, it was no picture again. Reload EPG didn't work, Reboot didn't work, but what did was to go back to DBEdit and resend the bouquets to the box, followed by the DBEdit reload command. When the box came back on, UTV HD is working again, But I suspect it will only work until I move channel. Too tired now, Maybe after tonights cross download or something, or might need to Run Autobouquets. i notice I have no Picon on it, but that would be my old picon list I imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement