Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Went blank again after I changed channel then switched back, as expected. I had an idea and went to last scanned where the channel was still listed. This one worked, as I hadn't selected it from this bouquet since uploading on dreambox editor. Swiched away from it to my main boquet, to UTV HD on that bouquet. Surprise surprise, it worked. switched back to it on last scanned, it stayed working. STV HD also worked on last scanned until I switched away to another channel then returned. It lost picture, and I hadn't copied it to a another bouquet , but I bet when I do and switch between the two it will recover just like UTV HD.

Ok, I think I know what the problem is. I had been messing with the teletext on UTV HD just prior to switching bouquets and the picture returning, so with this in mind I switched to STV HD, pictureless, and noticed the sound level lower than UTV HD or ITV HD. Pressed the audio button, switched sound to mpg Nar, it was louder. Turned the teletext commentary on, it displayed over the blank picture. Turned this off but left the audio on mp3 Nar. Switched to UTV HD which of course worked, then switched back to STV HD, and, it worked. So perhaps after a rescan UTV hd and others needs to have sound mode changed. Is mpg Nar the annoying setting that give the visual descriptions of what's going on? I recall this problem after scanning. There's no commentary at the moment as it's all election results. I'll try returning to ac3 audio to see if the picture holds. EDIT its fine now, reset it to AC3 to avoid the commentary, picture stayed put.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

deezell wrote: »
    Ok, I think I know what the problem is. I had been messing with the teletext on UTV HD just prior to switching bouquets and the picture returning, so with this in mind I switched to STV HD, pictureless, and noticed the sound level lower than UTV HD or ITV HD. Pressed the audio button, switched sound to mpg Nar, it was louder. Turned the teletext commentary on, it displayed over the blank picture. Turned this off but left the audio on mp3 Nar. Switched to UTV HD which of course worked, then switched back to STV HD, and, it worked. So perhaps after a rescan UTV hd and others needs to have sound mode changed. Is mpg Nar the annoying setting that give the visual descriptions of what's going on? I recall this problem after scanning. There's no commentary at the moment as it's all election results. I'll try returning to ac3 audio to see if the picture holds. EDIT its fine now, reset it to AC3 to avoid the commentary, picture stayed put.

I was having the same problem, decided to boot back into Spark, but I just couldn't adjust to the crap layout, so I rebooted back into Enigma2 - lo and behold UTV HD and STV HD came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

cyndale wrote: »
    I was having the same problem, decided to boot back into Spark, but I just couldn't adjust to the crap layout, so I rebooted back into Enigma2 - lo and behold UTV HD and STV HD came back.
    Back working here too after all the messing about :(

deezell wrote: »
    Thanks for all the effort you put in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm curious as to why anyone would want to watch UTV HD over ITV HD ???

I remember years ago when I had no alternative to UTV ,it would do my head in how they'd hijack the schedule with their own rubbish programmes.
    The same with BBC NI ,terrible channels ,I have banished them from the epg.:cool:

Technofobe wrote: »
    Back working here too after all the messing about :(

How did you get it back?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

What's the best iOS app for the box fellas?

Is there one where I can move or swap channels in bouquets?

Can you do this in blackbox pro or is that just for viewing

Imstuck wrote: »
    What's the best iOS app for the box fellas?

Is there one where I can move or swap channels in bouquets?

Can you do this in blackbox pro or is that just for viewing

Dreamdroid is flawless on android, its in beta for iOS, its just for playing and setting timers. To edit bouquets you would need Dreambox edit, available for PC and Mac, but I don't think for iOS. You could use a web based editor on any device browser by installing a Web bouquet editor plugin on the box, I've not tried it though. E2 Remote, and E2 Remote Lite, HD and PRO. look like complete packages for iPhone and ipad, worth spending 2-7 bucks on to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Zardoz wrote: »

I remember years ago when I had no alternative to UTV ,it would do my head in how they'd hijack the schedule with their own rubbish programmes.
    The same with BBC NI ,terrible channels ,I have banished them from the epg.:cool:
    Yep same here, feckin horrendous channels, I'd say utv Ireland is even worse!

• Advertisement

I suppose like everybody on the forum, if something works one minute and then it doesn't work, we want to know why, and we go through hell to try and figure it out, and in the midst of our frustration we aren't aware that it is only UTV after all!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Rats Boquet updater 1.4

Lads,
    Couple of questions on Rats latest Boquet updater:

1. I can't get the ipk file to install on openatv 5. Had anyone got extracted files and guide me where I should FTP them?

2. Does the updater just update the channels in your existing boquets - kinda like his picon updater. Or is it an alternative Boquet creator?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Partymack wrote: »
    Rats Boquet updater 1.4

Lads,
    Couple of questions on Rats latest Boquet updater:

1. I can't get the ipk file to install on openatv 5. Had anyone got extracted files and guide me where I should FTP them?

2. Does the updater just update the channels in your existing boquets - kinda like his picon updater. Or is it an alternative Boquet creator?

Cheers.

It's an alternative to autobouquets or ABM. If you want to extract the files yourself download 7zip for windows, extract the usr file and ftp it into the / folder of the box.

It's an alternative to autobouquets or ABM. If you want to extract the files yourself download 7zip for windows, extract the usr file and ftp it into the / folder of the box.

Cheers NegativeOne,

I tried using 7zip to extract and it created 3 files: control.tar.gz. Data.tar.gz and Debian-binary.

Does this sound right?

Cheers NegativeOne,

I tried using 7zip to extract and it created 3 files: control.tar.gz. Data.tar.gz and Debian-binary.

Does this sound right?

yeah in data you should find the usr folder, you can ignore the other two.

Ah its not for watching its just because its there and not working :-)
    Probably wont watch it even though its back working
    how.gareth wrote: »
    Yep same here, feckin horrendous channels, I'd say utv Ireland is even worse!
    Yep i did see some article explaining why utv ireland were showing older stuff than UTV
    I suppose like everybody on the forum, if something works one minute and then it doesn't work, we want to know why, and we go through hell to try and figure it out, and in the midst of our frustration we aren't aware that it is only UTV after all!:eek:
    Would have to agree with this there is just something about having something there that does not work

How did you get it back?:confused:
    Not sure why it started working again I dont remember doing anything in particular
    I had rebooted into spark to test and UTV HD worked there but when I went back to E2 there was still no picture despite several reboots and running autoboquets
    Last thing I remember changing was to set the preferred tuner back to auto to test rebooted and still the same
    so went back and changed the preferred tuner again to B as I do think that it has helped with the pixellation on RTE HD while recording sat :-)

yeah in data you should find the usr folder, you can ignore the other two.

Cheers NegativeOne,

Seems to have gone the trick. Just need to FTP over and reboot.

Nice one

Anyone know if I'm using Autobouquets if I can update the channels without losing the order I have them in?

A lot of my channels seem to have changed frequency and when I rescan in ABM It loses my orders and I have rebuild.

Also, Anyone able to guide me on installing Autobouquets?

I have the extracted files (not the ipk) files but there are a lot of them and no idea where to FTP them.

Thanks.

Hi all, I have just connected DCC (hurrah!) I would like to change itv London for a different itv area, also put in rats new picons, anyone around to give me a hand??

Edit; DCC is connected via direct crossover, does router need to be involved?

• Advertisement

Think I've done the picons, where on earth do I arrange the channels!

Anyone know if I'm using Autobouquets if I can update the channels without losing the order I have them in?

A lot of my channels seem to have changed frequency and when I rescan in ABM It loses my orders and I have rebuild.

Also, Anyone able to guide me on installing Autobouquets?

I have the extracted files (not the ipk) files but there are a lot of them and no idea where to FTP them.

Thanks.

Autobouquets e2 will reorder all your channels, other than what you have in favourites(as long as favourites is at the bottom of your list-if its at the top AB will wipe it too.)

To ftp the files over find the usr folder and drop that into / on your box using filezilla or dcc

Hi all, I have just connected DCC (hurrah!) I would like to change itv London for a different itv area, also put in rats new picons, anyone around to give me a hand??

Is there a green line between the box and your pc in dcc? I have direct cross-over selected but am connected wirelessly via my router.

Extract the data file from the rats .ipk file on your pc using 7zip (or similar). Then drop the usr from your pc into the root of your box (looks like / , not the root folder ). reboot and rats picons should be in the plugins menu

Think I've done the picons, where on earth do I arrange the channels!

In the autobouquets plugin press menu and select a different area. Then run it again.

In the autobouquets plugin press menu and select a different area. Then run it again.

Yes but that would arrange the whole lot?

I just want to leave my bouquets as they are but swap one channel?

Yes but that would arrange the whole lot?

I just want to leave my bouquets as they are but swap one channel?
    You're right yeah. If you just want to change one channel, go to service searching and do a full sat scan, then when finished go to last scanned, find the channel you want and click menu, select add to bouquet, then go to that bouquet, find the old one and press menu and remove entry. Then go to the bottom of that bouquet and you'll find the new version of that channel. Press menu and enable move mode.

Start at post 3656, all the info on where to install the extracted files is covered in the subsequent posts, and explanations of the two different plugins, (bouquet updater and picon updater)

DCC will work in crossover mode, just hit FTP and see does the list populate with the file system of the Box. DCC is ideal for FTP'ing ffiles from/to the box, but to bouquet edit, you would be better off to download Dreambox edit, a different program, which also connects by ftp but has a custom interface specifically for moving channels in and out of bouquets. Heres a link http://dreamboxedit.com/

Thanks for that deezell, I have it installed but I have absolutely no idea where to go next!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AlonzoHarris

Any word on an update for Hyperion 4.2?

Any word on an update for Hyperion 4.2?
    Nothing new on the immediate horizon judging on the website.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that deezell, I have it installed but I have absolutely no idea where to go next!

Tools
    options
    Profiles
    Network settings
    Put in IP address of your box 192.168.xxx.xxx
    username root
    Password pkteam if using hyperion

Save

top left

File
    Fast ftp download

Right hand side of page
    Boquets
    click favorites
    in the column tv user boquets drag the channels into the order you want
    Top of the page click the icon of the floppy disc ( save )
    file
    fast ftp upload
    restart enigma

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement