Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I have the channels opened (somehow) on DB edit, over 2 panes on left & right, anyone advise how to swap them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Imstuck wrote: »
    I have the channels opened (somehow) on DB edit, over 2 panes on left & right, anyone advise how to swap them?
    highlight the one on the right you want to delete and press the delete button. then find the channel on the left you want and drag it over into the right pane.

Unreal! Itv regional service that I wanted in my bouquet doesn't exist in left panel, can only select itv

Unreal! Itv regional service that I wanted in my bouquet doesn't exist in left panel, can only select itv

Which one did you want? all the variants should be there.

No variants in left panel, just itv, HD, 2+1 etc, it was on the right panel in my regional bouquets so just tried copy and pasting it over itv London, which was in entertainment bouquet. Will see if things have stuck later.....

Thanks for all the help fellas!!

• Advertisement

No variants in left panel, just itv, HD, 2+1 etc, it was on the right panel in my regional bouquets so just tried copy and pasting it over itv London, which was in entertainment bouquet. Will see if things have stuck later.....

Thanks for all the help fellas!!
    Just looking at mine now and there is about 10 itvs, each one is a different variant, it's just not in the name.

I was having trouble getting the two panes populated, it kept saying there is no service or lamed folder, and I'm not certain how I managed to populate them ( I think I clicked the enigma2 settings option which changed thee path.
    Anyhow, rebooted and there are no changes to the bouquet whatsoever lol!!

Similar for the rats picons, although they are now on the plugins it gives an error along the line of 'cannot open tmp file' & 'server returned error http/1.1 404 not found'

So there's a couple of hours of my life I won't get back lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

I was having trouble getting the two panes populated, it kept saying there is no service or lamed folder, and I'm not certain how I managed to populate them ( I think I clicked the enigma2 settings option which changed thee path.
    Anyhow, rebooted and there are no changes to the bouquet whatsoever lol!!

Similar for the rats picons, although they are now on the plugins it gives an error along the line of 'cannot open tmp file' & 'server returned error http/1.1 404 not found'

So there's a couple of hours of my life I won't get back lol!!

Set the first two paths to /etc/enigma2/

Lamedb and userbouquets are in this directory. Click FTP, download the bouquets, the three panles should populate. When you look down the services list on the left pane make sure you have 'tv' or 'all types' selected. The services list shows a large selection of channels named ITV. These are all regional but the regiona doesn't show. If you click on the bouquet 'ITV/CH4/CH5/regional Channels' in the right pane you will get a list in the middle pane which shows the name ITV as well as the region. Simply copy the one you want (highlight, rightclick, copy) change to your user bouquet, click cursor on a channel you want to insert your new channel over, rightclick, paste. Your channel appears in the bouquet. Three more steps.
    1. Click on the 'SAVE' icon on the top menu panel
    2. Click on the 'FTP' icon next to it
    3. In the the window that opens, click the 'Send Files to Dreambox' icon followed by 'Reload settings on Dreambox' icon
    Box will rebot, you new channel will be in the bouquet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Hey I'm completely new to all this:
    How do I get the EPG button to open "Cool Easy Guide" as opposed to "Cool TV Guide" I like the layout of "Cool Easy Guide"?

How do I get the box to boot into the Favourites bouquet?

Hey I'm completely new to all this:
    How do I get the EPG button to open "Cool Easy Guide" as opposed to "Cool TV Guide" I like the layout of "Cool Easy Guide"?

How do I get the box to boot into the Favourites bouquet?

Pressing ok will bring up the simple epg, that is the channel list and current programme of the current bouquet. While in this epg the colored markers on the bottom indicate the next action if pressed. Usually, pressing blue button labelled 'fabourites' brings up the list of all bouquets, so you can switch to 'sport', or 'movies', or even a bouquet itself named 'favourites' if you have created it. After selection you are back to the simple epg for this bouquet.
    To boot into this bouquet, press menu while still in the epg, and you will get a choice of options which includes setting the startup channel, and by inference, the bouquet it is in.

• Advertisement

I previously uploaded the Rats PICON folder on its own, I got the url, http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/picon.zip from the script 'rat_plugin_picon.sh' file in the Rat picon updater file that was posted previously. The reason was to just install the PIcons without adding the updater plugin. I originally just used DCC to delete the Picon folder and then FTP the new one accross. The problem was this picon list is meant to work in tandem with Rats bouquets, so all my saorview picons and quite a few others went astray. I just went back to the old picon folder, (yes, I backed it up!) and merged the two into a new folder, by just dropping the new into a directory containing the old, windows then only adds the new ones, and asks to replace the same named ones ( dont replace). This new folder has over 1000 entries, and when I FTPd it to the box all the picons returned and the blanks were filled. I notice today that the picon download url is not working, I think the picon updater has been updated, maybe the picon source URL has also moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

deezell wrote: »
    I notice today that the picon download url is not working, I think the picon updater has been updated, maybe the picon source URL has also moved.

Yes it changed about a week ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95335046&postcount=3700

Zardoz wrote: »

that's the. ipk file, which means I have to install the plugin. Last time you posted the extracted files, where I could look into the. sh script file and extract the url for the picon folder, without installing the plugin. Maybe I'll pop it on, can always remove it again.

OK, I just extracted the .ipk file, got the scipt, and the url for the picons is inside. Its now http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/dwpicons.zip
    So if you just want the new picons list without instaling the plugin, this is it. It just contains the picons, extract to folder named picon.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Not sure if many here are using Dreamdrioid for the AA2 or other enigma client set-ups but the latest version of Dreamdroid has a full user friendly TV Guide type epg listings now included. I reloaded the app last night and set it up. It flippin great! Very useful for android devices.

Not sure if many here are using Dreamdrioid for the AA2 or other enigma client set-ups but the latest version of Dreamdroid has a full user friendly TV Guide type epg listings now included. I reloaded the app last night and set it up. It flippin great! Very useful for android devices.

Thats the one thing it was missing compared to WebIf, though EPG was available on a channel by channel basis, which was all you really needed for remote setting of a timer when away from home. I'll update anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Looking for some epg help if possible, channel 5 is only giving me now and next, every other channel is fine, I have rescanned it and it's still the same, I have 5 variants of it with only now and next, strange thing is that channel 5+1 is populating no problem, any ideas?

Tried it out, it's a bit buggy on my android phone, new unnecessary status bar floats at the bottom, with. 'version' and ' MORE' on it, serves no purpose, other than to obscure the bouquet list. Hard to get rid of. Pressing back button on the phone goes through all the previously opened program details, a nuisance and not obviously intended. The new epg is cumbersome, better to use the existing epg choice on an existing channel, you can rapidly scroll through that programme's 7 day epg to you set a timer etc. Screenshot not working on mine either. I think I'll revert to the previous version. If it's not broke etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi guys this may be a stupid question and not sure if it was asked before.
    Just that I am going on holoday to italy for a few weeks and would like to add timers etc to my box while I am away (could I do this from my hotel in italy). Was wondering if this is even possible though.
    Any advice greatly appreciated

Hi guys this may be a stupid question and not sure if it was asked before.
    Just that I am going on holoday to italy for a few weeks and would like to add timers etc to my box while I am away (could I do this from my hotel in italy). Was wondering if this is even possible though.
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    If you have the Webif plugin running on your image, then you can control your box from it's web interface. If you've never tried this before, first try the local ip address of your box from a local pc ( get box ip from the box network settings or information). From Webif you can change channel, stream, view EPG, set timers etc. Once you have the hang of WebIf, next task is to make your box and Webif visible from outside your home. For this you need the external Ip address of your router, and you will need to configure port forwarding on your router to transfer outside http:// requests ( port 80) to your router to the internal IP of the box. This done, you can uset webif anywhere.

• Advertisement

If you have the Webif plugin running on your image, then you can control your box from it's web interface. If you've never tried this before, first try the local ip address of your box from a local pc ( get box ip from the box network settings or information). From Webif you can change channel, stream, view EPG, set timers etc. Once you have the hang of WebIf, next task is to make your box and Webif visible from outside your home. For this you need the external Ip address of your router, and you will need to configure port forwarding on your router to transfer outside http:// requests ( port 80) to your router to the internal IP of the box. This done, you can uset webif anywhere.

Thanks deezel so basically I log into router and go to port forwarding then enter "my box ip:80"?
    Sorry for probably stupid question

Thanks deezel so basically I log into router and go to port forwarding then enter "my box ip:80"?

In my experience the way port forwards presented in routers can vary wildly, often presented as ' game Sharing' or somesuch. If you've found a port foforwarding section in your router interface, what your are trying to set up is a port or range of ports (80, or 80-80) from outside the network to an internal IP ( the box ip) and port ( also 80). There should be three fields to fill in for each entry in its simplest form. External port or range, internal IP, and port or port range on this ip.

In my experience the way port forwards presented in routers can vary wildly, often presented as ' game Sharing' or somesuch. If you've found a port foforwarding section in your router interface, what your are trying to set up is a port or range of ports (80, or 80-80) from outside the network to an internal IP ( the box ip) and port ( also 80). There should be three fields to fill in for each entry in its simplest form. External port or range, internal IP, and port or port range on this ip.
    Thanks for your help deezell but it won't work on my crappy UPC router :(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

In my experience the way port forwards presented in routers can vary wildly, often presented as ' game Sharing' or somesuch. If you've found a port foforwarding seection in your router interface, what your are trying to set up is a port or range of ports (80, or 80-80) from outside the network to an internal IP ( the box ip) and port ( also 80). There should be three fields to fill in for each entry in its simplest form. External port or range, internal IP, and port or port range on this ip.
    Also, best if you set a static IP for your box on your router. Also will need to set up a DNS service (such as noip.com) if using long term (which will keep track of your external ip) . I've use dreamdroid for such things for the last 18months. Its brilliant for setting timers and checking epg from my phone when out and about. Once you've set up your port forwarding and static ip's on your router, and set up a DNS service, to track, then use your DNS address in a profile on dreamdroid and away with you

Why not?

Slevster wrote: »
    Why not?
    Maybe its just me but just not used to port forwarding

Can be a wee bit confusing alright. But only have to do it once

Slevster wrote: »
    Why not?

• Advertisement

You could contact upc and ask their help people to walk you through the task, it's possible they could configure the router remotely is support access is turned on in the router.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement