Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Thanks very much. Put them in usr/share/enigma2 but not showing up on reboot. What do I have to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Thanks very much. Put them in usr/share/enigma2 but not showing up on reboot. What do I have to do?

You probably get the channels from a different mast than me(kippure) and need to rename them to have the correct service reference. You'll find the service references for your saorview channels by hovering over the channel in dreambox edit and right clicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davehal

Hi,

I've been playing around with different images, flashing them to see what's what, but now I've lost RTE One.
    It's the only channel I've list that I can see.
    In my bouquets it's saying <n/a> where it use to be and in the list of all channels on the box it's there but when I select it, I just get a blank screen. I've tried rescanning the receivers and it seems to find the channel, but again I'm getting a blank screen.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have happened?

Thanks!!!

davehal wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been playing around with different images, flashing them to see what's what, but now I've lost RTE One.
    It's the only channel I've list that I can see.
    In my bouquets it's saying <n/a> where it use to be and in the list of all channels on the box it's there but when I select it, I just get a blank screen. I've tried rescanning the receivers and it seems to find the channel, but again I'm getting a blank screen.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have happened?

Thanks!!!
    Your probably picking up where it used be on Mux1,have you scanned the second mux for your area? I presume you are missing rte1+1 and news now aswell?

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Your probably picking up where it used be on Mux1,have you scanned the second mux for your area? I presume you are missing rte1+1 and news now aswell?

I think probably not. Is there a setting in the channel scan to select Mux 2?

• Advertisement

I think probably not. Is there a setting in the channel scan to select Mux 2?

What mast are you getting your channels from? You need to do a manual scan of each mux separately. On the second scan set clear before scan to no.
    This should show you which mast you'll get reception from
    http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    What mast are you getting your channels from? You need to do a manual scan of each mux separately. On the second scan set clear before scan to no.
    This should show you which mast you'll get reception from

Worked a treat! Thanks very much!!!

Worked a treat! Thanks very much!!!

No probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

championc wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought you also had a GM Triplex. I too am on an AA2+ and have no real issues TBH.

As far as removing AB, it's in Enigma2 so you need to stay in there. Use Filezilla or another FTP program and connect to your box while it's on the green screen or rebooting after a green screen. Then navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/ and delete the whole AutoBouquets folder

Champions OpenATV AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

Hi, I tried this but FileZilla could not establish a connection at any point.

I have now tried installing both Fresh Pots's Hyperion v4 image and Givecredit's OpenATV image but nothing is working - in Spark I get an installation success message (only takes about 20 seconds) but when I go to boot into enigma2 the LCD panel just says boot for over 5 minutes and nothing at all appears on the TV.

So right now I can't get enigma to even boot with any image. Any idea how I can get this resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

So right now I can't get enigma to even boot with any image. Any idea how I can get this resolved?

Have you placed the backup image on the root of the usb drive ,as it wont flash properly unless you place it there.

• Advertisement

I have now tried installing both Fresh Pots's Hyperion v4 image and Givecredit's OpenATV image but nothing is working - in Spark I get an installation success message (only takes about 20 seconds) but when I go to boot into enigma2 the LCD panel just says boot for over 5 minutes and nothing at all appears on the TV.

Are you sure it hasn't booted but is tuned to rte1 from kippure and therefore perhaps you wouldn't be picking it up. Have you pressed menu when it says boot on the display?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Same box (Amiko Alien 2), same issue. Autobouquet green screen, and I can't ftp to the box before it reboots.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Have you placed the backup image on the root of the usb drive ,as it wont flash properly unless you place it there.

No, I had the images each inside different folders, thought I'd seen in a ReadMe that was ok. Thanks for tip, I now have successfully loaded an image, which is progress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

No, I had the images each inside different folders, thought I'd seen in a ReadMe that was ok. Thanks for tip, I now have successfully loaded an image, which is progress!

This is ok as long as you change the path to this directory in the e2upgrade plugin before you flash

This is ok as long as you change the path to this directory in the e2upgrade plugin before you flash

I was doing that before but this time when I put image files into root directory, the flash worked, so I'll keep doing that.

Am now looking for just getting a solid image working, is Hpyerion v4 best option or is givecredit's OpenATV image also quite stable at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its hit and miss ,often doent work properly for me.
    Best way is to flash from root ,always works.

Am now looking for just getting a solid image working, is Hpyerion v4 best option or is givecredit's OpenATV image also quite stable at this point?

Hyperion 4 is much more stable at the moment ,Openatv will be better in a month or so but currently its too buggy.

I was doing that before but this time when I put image files into root directory, the flash worked, so I'll keep doing that.

Had you renamed the directory? If you rename it and use spaces or capitals you can have difficulty.

Had you renamed the directory? If you rename it and use spaces or capitals you can have difficulty.

Thanks, think I did rename. Will just use a blank USB key and paste the files to the root folder to keep it simple for flashes.

Tried to mount my 4TB HDD but get an error message that the disk contains more than 2^32 sectors so can't be used. Seems to indicate 2199 GB as maximum which is a bummer. I'll partition the drive into 2 and see if that works, ideally I could mount both partitions, but hey if it'll work with one I'm at least getting some use out of the drive.

Happy days, I have givecredit's OpenATV image installed (thanks!) and used Ease partition tool to partition my 4TB HDD into two 2TB partitions and now have it working with recordings and pausing live TV with one of those partitions set as the HDD and the other mounted as a media drive (nothing in it yet).

So I'm up and running, thanks for the help. I'll just use it for the core TV functionality for the next while and if we settle in with it for that, then I'll start looking at some of the more advanced features, media sharing around the house etc.

It's currently not showing any image icons for each channel though, would like to sort that. I FTPed the Saorview icons to the enigma2 folder (am using 3 Rock antennae so thought the shared files would work), but no logos for either Saorview or Freeview are showing up, any easy way to resolve that?

As I've never used a Sky or UPC or set-top box, I'm not familiar with the functionality, like I see zap being mentioned but amn't sure what it is, is there a good youtube video or similar with an overview of how to best use the UI?

Seems I'm having problem after problem with this, hoping I can get it resolved before I need to call it and pack it in. If there's a site/forum that is good for general (not Ireland specific) usage advice, please let me know.

In givecredit's OpenATV image, it seemed to after a while just no longer recognise my 4TB 3.5" externally powered USB 3 HDD (which had 1.9TB partition setup for EXT3 and a 1.7TB partition setup as NTFS).

So I took a backup and went with the Hyperion V4 image linked here, but that woudln't recognise the drive at all. I reformatted so that both partitions are NTFS on the basis that while it might be a little slower (which seems unclear as it seems some folk have no issues with NTFS) , at least I could plug it into a Windows device and see what files are on it when investigating issues.

But it's just not mounting at all, giving the error that it has more than 2^32 sectors (whereas when partitioned into less than 2.2TB openATV recognised it no problem for a while).

Also couldn't see in Hyperion V4 how to specify the channel for the terrestial manual scan to specify the relevant mux channel, and the automatic scan picked up no channels (hoping there's just a setting I'm overlooking here?).

I did run the Software Management update in OpenATV which updated a large amount of packages, can't find where to do the same in Hyperion image.

I think I'll switch back to the OpenATV image and keep doing regular updates and just hope that the main issue with HDD dropping off is an isolated one and cross the fingers that it remains usable for a while. Is it likely that there'll be updates that'll make Open ATV more stable in the near term?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭championc

I'll try and get a chance today to remake my image without autobouquets added so that if someone then wants it, they can add it themselves afterwards and hopefully that will work for everyone.

Hi @Frank,
    You need to do a Manual Scan of the Terrestrial frequency / channel of your local muxes.

Hi,

I've loaded the new OpenATV image and am loving it!
    However, I am seeing a problem with CrossEPG.
    Whenever I run it, it hangs at the Reading Summaries section and never recovers.
    The only way to get the box running again is to reboot.

I've tried deleting the full crossepg directory but that hasn't made any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've loaded the new OpenATV image and am loving it!
    However, I am seeing a problem with CrossEPG.
    Whenever I run it, it hangs at the Reading Summaries section and never recovers.
    The only way to get the box running again is to reboot.

I've tried deleting the full crossepg directory but that hasn't made any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

You need to delete the contents of the CrossEPG directory and build the database again as the database you have is not compatible with OpenATV, do the same if you ever change back to Hyperion/OpenAr-p/HDMU. OpenATV has it's own version of CrossEPG built in, not a separate plugin like the others

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Seems I'm having problem after problem with this, hoping I can get it resolved before I need to call it and pack it in. If there's a site/forum that is good for general (not Ireland specific) usage advice, please let me know.

In givecredit's OpenATV image, it seemed to after a while just no longer recognise my 4TB 3.5" externally powered USB 3 HDD (which had 1.9TB partition setup for EXT3 and a 1.7TB partition setup as NTFS).

So I took a backup and went with the Hyperion V4 image linked here, but that woudln't recognise the drive at all. I reformatted so that both partitions are NTFS on the basis that while it might be a little slower (which seems unclear as it seems some folk have no issues with NTFS) , at least I could plug it into a Windows device and see what files are on it when investigating issues.

But it's just not mounting at all, giving the error that it has more than 2^32 sectors (whereas when partitioned into less than 2.2TB openATV recognised it no problem for a while).

Also couldn't see in Hyperion V4 how to specify the channel for the terrestial manual scan to specify the relevant mux channel, and the automatic scan picked up no channels (hoping there's just a setting I'm overlooking here?).

I did run the Software Management update in OpenATV which updated a large amount of packages, can't find where to do the same in Hyperion image.

I think I'll switch back to the OpenATV image and keep doing regular updates and just hope that the main issue with HDD dropping off is an isolated one and cross the fingers that it remains usable for a while. Is it likely that there'll be updates that'll make Open ATV more stable in the near term?

Have you tried a few different sticks / HDD's ? I have a few different ones and some work perfect, some not at all. I have a 1.5TB drive which I thought made the box very slow when plugged in - so perhaps that’s just an early glitch with this new image.

Anyone know if there should be any issues with USB 3.0 ?

Overall though I'm very happy with the OpenATV image - cheers to championc for his - its working beautifully the last few weeks. And many thanks for all those contributing to this thread - from someone who checks in regularly and sees people having similar problems to me from time to time. It's a top quality resource.

Have you tried a few different sticks / HDD's ? I have a few different ones and some work perfect, some not at all. I have a 1.5TB drive which I thought made the box very slow when plugged in - so perhaps that’s just an early glitch with this new image.

Anyone know if there should be any issues with USB 3.0 ?

Overall though I'm very happy with the OpenATV image - cheers to championc for his - its working beautifully the last few weeks. And many thanks for all those contributing to this thread - from someone who checks in regularly and sees people having similar problems to me from time to time. It's a top quality resource.

Thanks, I'll try a 64GB SDHC card in a USB card reader. Would be a real pity if the 4TB drive (even a 2TB partition of it) wouldn't work as I bought it to have a lot of recording capacity. Fingers crossed OpenATV is fine and the issue I had was isolated.

Definitely agree with the comments thanking the various helpful posters here, much as I've had some bumps in the road, it's not far off being setup to give great smooth functionality now and I'd be nowhere without the generous support of folks on here. Much appreciated.

I'll try and get a chance today to remake my image without autobouquets added so that if someone then wants it, they can add it themselves afterwards and hopefully that will work for everyone.

Hi @Frank,
    You need to do a Manual Scan of the Terrestrial frequency / channel of your local muxes.

If you were to post that image without autobouqets, you'd be right at the top of my Christmas card list! Thanks in advance!

I've tried manual terrestial scan but it was giving only a frequency option, I know the channels I need are 30, then 33, but not sure what frequency ranges to enter for those, or is there a way to make Channel appear (it's there in OpenATV but not Hyperion)? Actually, no need to bother with that, I'll be moving back to OpenATV if I get your image working and manual scan worked fine there.

You need to delete the contents of the CrossEPG directory and build the database again as the database you have is not compatible with OpenATV, do the same if you ever change back to Hyperion/OpenAr-p/HDMU. OpenATV has it's own version of CrossEPG built in, not a separate plugin like the others

Thanks. I've tried telnetting in and removing the crossepg directory (rm -r /hdd/crossepg) completely in the hope that the next time it ran it would rebuild but that hasn't worked. I saw something on another forum saying that the crossepg process might need to be stopped before deleting the directory, would someone know if this is necessary and how to do it?
    Maybe a reboot might be worthwhile too?

Would also like to echo the thanks to the posters here, this is a fantastic resource, and one that I will hope to contribute to myself once I've a bit more knowledge - pay it forward!

Thanks. I've tried telnetting in and removing the crossepg directory (rm -r /hdd/crossepg) completely in the hope that the next time it ran it would rebuild but that hasn't worked. I saw something on another forum saying that the crossepg process might need to be stopped before deleting the directory, would someone know if this is necessary and how to do it?
    Maybe a reboot might be worthwhile too?

Would also like to echo the thanks to the posters here, this is a fantastic resource, and one that I will hope to contribute to myself once I've a bit more knowledge - pay it forward!

I just use the remote, press the play button to show the list of your TV recordings int he movie directory, press the few dots to go up a level then go into the crossepg directory and delete all files using the red button. When done press the few dots again to go up a level and go back to the movie directory to your where your recordings are and exit. Then run the crossepg downloader plugin to pull down a fresh database, takes 3-5mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If you were to post that image without autobouqets, you'd be right at the top of my Christmas card list! Thanks in advance!

I've tried manual terrestial scan but it was giving only a frequency option, I know the channels I need are 30, then 33, but not sure what frequency ranges to enter for those, or is there a way to make Channel appear (it's there in OpenATV but not Hyperion)? Actually, no need to bother with that, I'll be moving back to OpenATV if I get your image working and manual scan worked fine there.
    Ch 30 = 546000
    Ch 33 = 570000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hi @Frank,

The version of Autobouquets in OPENATV plugin feeds does not work correctly. If you manually install an ipk version of autobouquets this should solve any problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement