Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

techdiver wrote: »
    So, if the RAM is only allocated and not partitioned, then I should be seeing issues in Spark also.

I'm assuming Spark then uses the same RAM as enigma2?

Here's a suggestion to see if the E2 flash partition is faulty. You can install a plugin know as multi boot, or BarryAllen multiboot. This allows you to have additional images on a flash drive plugged into the back of the box. If you boot from one of these images and all is well, it points to a problem with the internal flash. There is a multiboot option also in the PKT blue panel menus, but that's in hyperion, which is likely to fail on you box as you use it. I'm assuming it's possible to install the multiboot plugin in Spark, then save the hyperion and OpenATV images to the USB. From there its possible to boot from these images, according to this site.
    http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=81779
    EDIT I think this can only be kicked off from Enigma2, so it might be worth trying the one IN PKT blue panel assuming your box doesn't crash.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

there was a Nor flash memory update in Spark 1.2.75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I'm running vix4blue on enigma 2 and can't turn off audio description the voice over is ruining GOT any one help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Usually red button and switch audio source to the one that is not Nar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Can't seem to find it, any way doing it going into main menu?

• Advertisement

Can't seem to find it, any way doing it going into main menu?

Not familiar with vix4, but one of the colored buttons should bring up audio choice. Usually red, but I've come across yellow on other image blogs. This should allow you to chose between mpg and Ac3 audio, mpg is the one with the narrative, chose Ac3. In the main menus it might be possible in audio configuration to set the default/preferred audio track to Ac3.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

I have been been happy with fresh pots hyperion 4 image for the last year, any one comment on hyp4.5, is it as stabe as 4 now. is it worth flashing? or is there no real difference? thanks..

anyone tryed or have a powervu emu or simular working on the alien 2?

Zardoz wrote: »
    ........anyone else having an issue with Openatv 5 on the Alien 1 where if you bring up the channel list and select a channel the picture only comes up in a small section of the screen ,the preview screen ? Its very annoying and happens with the channel preview turned off ,the only way to get the picture full screen is to bring up the channel list again and reselect the channel .It works ok with the preview on but you have to press the ok button twice .
    I meant to post this earlier. In cool Tv guide setup , under the green button menu, you edit the OK button to change channel and exit the preview, as against just changing the channel, requiring two presses or a long press to exit.. This is in Hyperion, I imagine you can edit the keys in OpenAtv for the guide also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭techdiver

deezell wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion to see if the E2 flash partition is faulty. You can install a plugin know as multi boot, or BarryAllen multiboot. This allows you to have additional images on a flash drive plugged into the back of the box. If you boot from one of these images and all is well, it points to a problem with the internal flash. There is a multiboot option also in the PKT blue panel menus, but that's in hyperion, which is likely to fail on you box as you use it. I'm assuming it's possible to install the multiboot plugin in Spark, then save the hyperion and OpenATV images to the USB. From there its possible to boot from these images, according to this site.
    http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=81779
    EDIT I think this can only be kicked off from Enigma2, so it might be worth trying the one IN PKT blue panel assuming your box doesn't crash.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried using the PKT multi boot method, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I made a backup and then extracted it to the USB stick and set it as the boot device, but when I re-boot the box just stays stick on "boot" and I have to recycle the power again and it boots back into the flash installation.

I've tried installing barry allen, but that won't install. I get - "unknown package 'enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen'.". The internal structure of the plugin is different than any of the others. It starts in media/ba. Tired manually copying to both that directory and the extensions directory to no avail.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I meant to post this earlier. In cool Tv guide setup , under the green button menu, you edit the OK button to change channel and exit the preview, as against just changing the channel, requiring two presses or a long press to exit.. This is in Hyperion, I imagine you can edit the keys in OpenAtv for the guide also.

Thanks Deezel but I dont mean in Cool Tv guide ,I just meant the normal guide ,when you press the up or down button to bring up the channel listing in a bouquet.

In Openatv you can select the preview mode (its a worthless feature and an annoying one in my opinion) ,it requires pressing the ok button twice to change channel.
    The problem is that when the preview mode is off ,as it is as default, when you change a channel by bringing up the channel list and selecting a new channel and pressing ok ,the picture stays in the preview section of the screen only,it doesnt fill the screen like it should .
    I've tried installing barry allen, but that won't install. I get - "unknown package 'enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen'.". The internal structure of the plugin is different than any of the others. It starts in media/ba. Tired manually copying to both that directory and the extensions directory to no avail.

Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure Barry Allen wont work on an SH4 based receiver ,Mips only .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thanks Deezel but I dont mean in Cool Tv guide ,I just meant the normal guide ,when you press the up or down button to bring up the channel listing in a bouquet........
    I'm pretty sure Barry Allen wont work on an SH4 based receiver ,Mips only .

Yes, I've bin reading up on multiboot, hard to get good info, but the gist of it seems to be that it was written primarily for single boot boxes, to allow image switching without erasing the original flash. There's a version called DuckBA multiboot for 7162 boxes, which, I think, is what gives the AA2 boxes the facility to dual boot. The PKT multiboot utility on the Hyperion image is based on this (again, I think), and I'd be interested to find out if anyone gets it to work, or even find a clear source of info, thats not in google translated dutch!. There are no clear guides out there, so you have to experiment. There is mention of betas for 7162 boxes, also warnings about bricking the box, beyond rescue images, at the very least restoring with a serial cable, and sometimes having to replace the actual kernel chip! Heres a starting point for anyone who's interested
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=27124

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

pod2011 wrote: »
    I have been been happy with fresh pots hyperion 4 image for the last year, any one comment on hyp4.5, is it as stabe as 4 now. is it worth flashing? or is there no real difference? thanks..

Been using it for the past six months nearly and havent had any problems with it at all still running as good the day i installed it first i just keep the timers deleted and epg cleaned ecery so often off hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

jayo26 wrote: »
    Been using it for the past six months nearly and havent had any problems with it at all still running as good the day i installed it first i just keep the timers deleted and epg cleaned ecery so often off hard drive.

I have also being running freshpots 4.5 last 6 months no problem but have a question how do you clean the epg from the hardrive

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Could someone give me the exact process of changing the password using telnet please. I telnetted to the box by typing o and the ip address. It then asked for spark 7162 login. I logged in using root and pkteam and changed the password. It's the enigma root password I want to change though. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

It's actually the streaming port password I'd like to change

aireng wrote: »
    It's actually the streaming port password I'd like to change

That's in the webif settings I think, I'll check when I'm at the box later.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

I think the webif log-in is the same as for the box itself though I may be wrong. You'd log in to the ip address of the Alien2 via telnet from something like Putty. Now you're in the underlying Unix OS where you could create a new user account or change password of existing account (e.g: pkteam) with the command # passwd

Flex

I think the webif log-in is the same as for the box itself though I may be wrong. You'd log in to the ip address of the Alien2 via telnet from something like Putty. Now you're in the underlying Unix OS where you could create a new user account or change password of existing account (e.g: pkteam) with the command # passwd

Flex

Right enough Flex, webif uses the box login if you turn on authentication,. I have a vague memory of setting passwords on the box as against using telnet, but I went from enigma to spark to OpenATV to hyperion over a couple of weeks, its hard to remember all the stuff encountered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

aireng wrote: »
    Could someone give me the exact process of changing the password using telnet please. I telnetted to the box by typing o and the ip address. It then asked for spark 7162 login. I logged in using root and pkteam and changed the password. It's the enigma root password I want to change though. Thanks

Even with an engima2 image running when you telnet in you get a spark7162:~# prompt. Actually I think the Unix OS on most images for Alien2 is so modified and slimmed down that you can't create new user accounts or anything. So once logged in to change the password for the root user you type
    spark7162:~# passwd

at the prompt and then enter a new one which is a good idea especially if streaming out to the net.

Flex

Even with an engima2 image running when you telnet in you get a spark7162:~# prompt. Actually I think the Unix OS on most images for Alien2 is so modified and slimmed down that you can't create new user accounts or anything. So once logged in to change the password for the root user you type
    spark7162:~# passwd

at the prompt and then enter a new one which is a good idea especially if streaming out to the net.

Flex
    c

Yes, you can set webif to request the box password for the interface and seperately for the stream. Just turn off stream authentication if you don't want a password request.The Oscam web interface on port 8888 has its own password, but I don't see a way to set a different password for webif, unless there's something it it's configuration files. Probably not good to use defaults, especially if you have your box port forwarded to the outside.

over half of boxs with port forwarding and static Ip have default settings , a lot have streaming left open and some have Ftp open

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Lads,
    I'm using OATV 5 on AA2.

Have it set up nicely with powerline link to my router. There's 2 things I'm looking at sorting and would be great to get a step by step if anyone knew how:

1. Streaming on my home network primarily to my iPad and iPhone.

2. Ability to log in to view EPG and set recirdings romotely. Will be away a bit this summer do would be nice to have this ability.

Any thoughts?

Partymack wrote: »
    Lads,
    I'm using OATV 5 on AA2.

Have it set up nicely with powerline link to my router. There's 2 things I'm looking at sorting and would be great to get a step by step if anyone knew how:

1. Streaming on my home network primarily to my iPad and iPhone.

2. Ability to log in to view EPG and set recirdings romotely. Will be away a bit this summer do would be nice to have this ability.

Any thoughts?
    First step, stream internally by using the ip of the box in a browser. This will open the webif interface, from where you can browse epg, set timers and stream. Get this ip from the network settings on the box. Set the box ip to fixed, but also log in to the router and set the box device settings to ' always use this ip'. To stream to phones and pads, use a browser or download an app such as Dreamdroid. To access webif from outside, port forward your box ip to the external ip of your router. This step is router specific. You will need to set port 80 of the box to map to port 80 of the outside ip. Entering the external Ip will then bring up the webif browser away from your home. Your external Ip can change if your router is powered off and on, you might want to subscribe to a name server service such as no-ip.com, which will give you a url mapped to your ip, and your router can be configured to keep no-ip updated if the external Ip address changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I have a GM Triplex and an Amiko Alien 2 DUAL tuner box.

All of these images install fine on the GM Triplex but they all hang at the BOOT prompt on the AA2 Dual tuner. Could anyone point me in the right direction of an image for the dual tuner box, is the architecture different?

First step, stream internally by using the ip of the box in a browser. This will open the webif interface, from where you can browse epg, set timers and stream. Get this ip from the network settings on the box. Set the box ip to fixed, but also log in to the router and set the box device settings to ' always use this ip'. To stream to phones and pads, use a browser or download an app such as Dreamdroid. To access webif from outside, port forward your box ip to the external ip of your router. This step is router specific. You will need to set port 80 of the box to map to port 80 of the outside ip. Entering the external Ip will then bring up the webif browser away from your home. Your external Ip can change if your router is powered off and on, you might want to subscribe to a name server service such as no-ip.com, which will give you a url mapped to your ip, and your router can be configured to keep no-ip updated if the external Ip address changes.

Cheers Deezel, very detailed response.

I've used Webif lots of times so I'm comfortable with that bit. Will try the settings change on router and box. Couple of specifics:
    1. How do I fix the ip of the box? Is it done from Webif or on the box in network settings?
    2.Currently On Webif I can't seem to get it to stream. I have VLC and I can see the stream icon in Webif but it doesn't open a player and stream. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

2.Currently On Webif I can't seem to get it to stream. I have VLC and I can see the stream icon in Webif but it doesn't open a player and stream. Any ideas?

Thanks again.
    In the Webif bouquet list, click on the small TV icon on the very far right of the channel name. You need VLC or other program set to open m3u playlist files.

In the Webif bouquet list, click on the small TV icon on the very far right of the channel name. You need VLC or other program set to open m3u playlist files.

Cheers Gerry,

Will try that this evening. I know the icon and currently when I click I'm getting some sort of error message. Will try later.

Cheers b

• Advertisement

Cheers Deezel, very detailed response.

I've used Webif lots of times so I'm comfortable with that bit. Will try the settings change on router and box. Couple of specifics:
    1. How do I fix the ip of the box? Is it done from Webif or on the box in network settings?

Thanks again.

Fixing the IP address is just to prevent the IP changing if the box is powered off, and some other device (mobile phone say) grabs that IP before its powered on again. Go into box setup system network, change network setup from DHCP to fixed . The box will retain the IP thats been set. You need to also reserve this IP for the box in the router, else you could havetwo devices trying to use the same IP. To stream from webif you set VLC to be the default playe for files of type .M3U . On you PC go into Start/ Default programs/Associate a file type or protocol with a program, And link filetype .M3U to VLC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement