Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Just installed zardoz, Hyperion 4.5 and ran autobouquets for ROI SD. Can't seem to find TV3 on it on the satellite tuner??

Re flashed image and connected to network, restarted and its stuck on boot/ start again!!
    Anyone any ideas?

Think it's sorted now touch wood. Don't know why though......

Havin a few probs with some channels not showing though, no sky reality and racing UK coming on more movies lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Imstuck wrote: »
    Think it's sorted now touch wood. Don't know why though......

Havin a few probs with some channels not showing though, no sky reality and racing UK coming on more movies lol!!!

Most of the movie channels changed frequency today so you might have to rescan .
    They are on 11934 27500 v fec 5/6 now

Cheers mate, it's that long since I tinkered with it I forget half of it!
    Does re running autobouquets not serve as a 'rescan'?

• Advertisement

Cheers mate, it's that long since I tinkered with it I forget half of it!
    Does re running autobouquets not serve as a 'rescan'?

Yeah autobouquets should tune them properly .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just received an Amiko Alien2 after it was recommended in another thread and it has Enigma already installed.

Connected it to the 2 feeds from the satellite dish and tried a few channels. Everything seems to be working. The HD looked great too.

My question is, are there any good guides for this? I had a look and most of the guides are just about installing Enigma but that's already on it. Should I check if I have the latest version? I'm quite techy so don't mind tinkering.

Want to know how to rearrange the channels. They seem to be all over the place. Also any other tips and tricks that can be done.

Thank you in advance, and apologies for asking questions you probably hear all the time but this thread is over 200 pages so I'm not sure where to start.

Haven't set up the Saorview side yet so that's on the list too.

Firstly, I'd recommend installing Hyperion. 4 or 4.5. 99% of people here are using it and it is the most stable. You have most likely got open at on it at the minute.

I've followed this thread for over 12 months and there is a mammoth amount of info on here, all you need in fact, but I've only just realised you can search this thread alone for certain topics!!! I'd advise that to start off with and if your stuck fire away with the ????'s

The other images can be found in the firmware thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Wheety wrote: »
    Just received an Amiko Alien2 after it was recommended in another thread and it has Enigma already installed.

Connected it to the 2 feeds from the satellite dish and tried a few channels. Everything seems to be working. The HD looked great too.

My question is, are there any good guides for this? I had a look and most of the guides are just about installing Enigma but that's already on it. Should I check if I have the latest version? I'm quite techy so don't mind tinkering.

Want to know how to rearrange the channels. They seem to be all over the place. Also any other tips and tricks that can be done.

Thank you in advance, and apologies for asking questions you probably hear all the time but this thread is over 200 pages so I'm not sure where to start.

Haven't set up the Saorview side yet so that's on the list too.
    Welcome to the AA2 club.

1. If you haven't already done so learn to make a backup of enigma before you mess things up. It will save a lot of swearing later :)
    Boot into Spark and use the e2upgrade plugin to take/restore a backup.
    2. Download dreamboxedit to help arrange channels and bouquets.
    3. Have fun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

all my movie channels are gone.how do i fix this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

on enigma2 run autobouquets.

or retune on spark . ill add a new channel list later

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Wheety wrote: »
    ...apologies for asking questions you probably hear all the time but this thread is over 200 pages so I'm not sure where to start.

There is a 'Search this Thread' link at the top of the page.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yeah autobouquets should tune them properly .

I noticed this last night and tried just running autobouquets but no joy

Might try full rescan tonight and see if that helps

zefer wrote: »
    I noticed this last night and tried just running autobouquets but no joy

Might try full rescan tonight and see if that helps

Didn't work for me straight away either, had to try a few times & re do EPG a couple of times, and then suddenly all clicked. Try it a couple of times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Didn't work for me straight away either, had to try a few times & re do EPG a couple of times, and then suddenly all clicked. Try it a couple of times
    According to here, http://en.kingofsat.net/news28.2E.php, all the SD movies channels Are " no longer transmitted by satellite in Europe"? EDIT These are all at 11934 as Zardoz says, though confusingly listed as HD on Lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-UK.html

And how would that work presently??!!

Maybe they can see into the future but they are all there now anyway. They just changed frequency

And how would that work presently??!!

Maybe they can see into the future but they are all there now anyway. They just changed frequency
    Daily updates on Kingofsat are usually reliable. Going HD only would eliminate card sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

deezell wrote: »
    Daily updates on Kingofsat are usually reliable. Going HD only would eliminate card sharing.

It goes without saying, that that kind of activity is not condoned or entertained in any way, shape or form here.

Slevster wrote: »
    It goes without saying, that that kind of activity is not condoned or entertained in any way, shape or form here.

Yes, speaking hypothetically.

Yes, speaking hypothetically.

Of course.

• Advertisement

According to here, http://en.kingofsat.net/news28.2E.php, all the SD movies channels Are " no longer transmitted by satellite in Europe"? EDIT These are all at 11934 as Zardoz says, though confusingly listed as HD on Lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-UK.html

Kingofsat have updated their frequencies now ,it was just a delay .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

With the arrival of Astra 2G on station and the beginnings of the changeover, I would not be in a rush to take any site listings as gospel for a few days. Fun times ahead :rolleyes:

anyone movie channels still not work after rescan.would i need to do a complete re tune of all channels

Careful there

Careful there
    ok some channels dont work from 301 to 311.do i need to retune as autobouquets wont do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭techdiver

ok some channels dont work from 301 to 311.do i need to retune as autobouquets wont do it

A full service scan will find the all available channels and then you can manually re-organise them.

That's it. Nice and vague. Want to avoid the big finger in the sky from squashing us.

That's it. Nice and vague. Want to avoid the big finger in the sky from squashing us.
    sadly tried a rescan and still same

sadly tried a rescan and still same

Look in the "last scanned" bouquet once you've rescanned

• Advertisement

Look in the "last scanned" bouquet once you've rescanned
    few are there and work but when i flick through a lot of channels are greyed out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement