Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Slevster wrote: »
    That's it. Nice and vague. Want to avoid the big finger in the sky from squashing us.

When I see Alans posts I always think of this .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    When I see Alans posts I always think of this .

haha lol do u have a copy of softcam manager by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

With the arrival of Astra 2G on station and the beginnings of the changeover, I would not be in a rush to take any site listings as gospel for a few days. Fun times ahead :rolleyes:

What's the craic with this Gerry?
    Do you think (or is it the plan) for this to be an iptv platform for all pay broadcasters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Now that Astra 2G is on station at 28E, Eutelsat 28A is being retired. It would appear that some channels have already been transferred over and it is thought that others will also be reshuffled between 2E and 2F to balance the load. Sites such as KingOfSat and Lyngsat may have trouble keeping up to date with all the moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Now that Astra 2G is on station at 28E, Eutelsat 28A is being retired. It would appear that some channels have already been transferred over and it is thought that others will also be reshuffled between 2E and 2F to balance the load. Sites such as KingOfSat and Lyngsat may have trouble keeping up to date with all the moves.

I've not experienced any channel loss.

Does these changes mean we'll have to get a new satellite.xml file and perform a rescan using it soon enough, or am I missing the point altogether?

• Advertisement

It's hard to find official info. So far it is mostly speculation and monitoring the changes as they happen. This link was posted on the sat forum which shows some changes but more are expected in the next few days. I can't say how different boxes will cope. I know there are some subtle differences on some TPs as Eutelsat had odd settings and it is expected that Astra/SES will correct these.
    Others around here know far more about the technicalities than I do. For now I'm in "wait and see" mode. I know I had to retune NHK and RT HD but haven't had time to check the others yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Gerry was/is spot on with channel freq changes. Seems to be lots moving to astra 2g. (BBC's and ITV s + others) .

Mine still there?

Imstuck wrote: »
    Mine still there?

Yes. But also on the new astra it seems. So perhaps , at some point they may just switch off one freq.

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/transponder-updates/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Slevster wrote: »
    Gerry was/is spot on with channel freq changes. Seems to be lots moving to astra 2g. (BBC's and ITV s + others) .

Going to have to get a picon update, rats will be busy for a while.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

itv2,3,4 and encore hd are showing well atm !!

This is the first official confirmation of any changes courtesy of the Beeb. Note DSAT8

What's the cheapest box that will use these images?
    Amiko alien mini? Would it affect stability ??

anyone have a copy of tsmedia.not in plugins on my image on a new box and wont install the ipk thanks

What's the cheapest box that will use these images?
    Amiko alien mini? Would it affect stability ??

I'll ask a better question!
    Will the AA2 download cross EPG if only one tuner is connected to one sat feed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

I'll ask a better question!
    Will the AA2 download cross EPG if only one tuner is connected to one sat feed?
    Yes so long as you have the 2nd sat tuner switched off.

Lovely. Thanks v much. Will try it shortly

anyone have a copy of tsmedia.not in plugins on my image on a new box and wont install the ipk thanks

Is the ipk for that type of box? If it is then you could try extracting the data from it with 7zip for windows and ftp over the usr folder to the box.

Try this .ipk :http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=28059&p=276944&viewfull=1#post276944

• Advertisement

Is the ipk for that type of box? If it is then you could try extracting the data from it with 7zip for windows and ftp over the usr folder to the box.

Try this .ipk :http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=28059&p=276944&viewfull=1#post276944
    wont work

wont work

what box are you trying to install it on?

what box are you trying to install it on?
    alien 1 open ar-p cos that image is the only one that works on his box

Yes so long as you have the 2nd sat tuner switched off.

How do I switch off tuner 2 on Hyperion? Gone to service searching - tuner config, but only tells me settings there, can't see how to disable? Thanks.

How do I switch off tuner 2 on Hyperion? Gone to service searching - tuner config, but only tells me settings there, can't see how to disable? Thanks.

Set one of the sat tuners to not configured.

alien 1 open ar-p cos that image is the only one that works on his box

Try the hyperion v4.5 image for the aa1, theres a backup made here:
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/pkteam-images/72672-fano-hyperion-4-5-alien-1-backup.html#post121362

Highlight the tuner you want to configure using up/down arrows, press OK to enter editing, then change the tuner config using left/right arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Try the hyperion v4.5 image for the aa1, theres a backup made here:
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/pkteam-images/72672-fano-hyperion-4-5-alien-1-backup.html#post121362

I dont think that will work for him NegativeOne,he had issues receiving some channels on Hyperion.

I made a recent backup of Openatv 5 for the Alien 1 Alan if you want to try that ,Tsmedia is on the feeds and its faster at channel zapping than 4.3.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6gd3oz7nmv5s7o/AAAnMRqB1EqGpnsYadwr5pjva?dl=0

deezell wrote: »

Quite a bit of useful info on that site.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Tried both autobouquets and autobouquets maker on the alien box, can't get any of them to work. They were downloaded from the openatv feeds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement