Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tried both autobouquets and autobouquets maker on the alien box, can't get any of them to work. They were downloaded from the openatv feeds.

Have you configured them before you run them ?

I couldnt get recent builds of Autobouquets to work on either the Alien 1 or 2 using Hyperion and Openatv ,they keep giving an error.
    Autobouquetsmaker should work on Openatv though .

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Zardoz wrote: »
    Have you configured them before you run them ?

I couldnt get recent builds of Autobouquets to work on either the Alien 1 or 2 using Hyperion and Openatv ,they keep giving an error.
    Autobouquetsmaker should work on Openatv though .

Ya, I ran Autobouquetsmaker the second time after I selected nothing connected to the second tuner and it worked. I tried Crossepg and that didn't work either but the Rytec plugin worked from feeds, sorting this out for a friend, this is my first encounter with an Alien.

Ya, I ran Autobouquetsmaker the second time after I selected nothing connected to the second tuner and it worked. I tried Crossepg and that didn't work either but the Rytec plugin worked from feeds, sorting this out for a friend, this is my first encounter with an Alien.

Crossepg may be configured to use the second feed to pull down the Opentv data though ,hence why it isnt working.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Lads I changed my root password and forgot it does anybody know if theres a way to reset the password without reflashing?

edit: going to reflash now, I'm too impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Lads I changed my root password and forgot it does anybody know if theres a way to reset the password without reflashing?

edit: going to reflash now, I'm too impatient!

It's discussed back in the thread, its fiddly, especially if you can't ftp into the box, because you've forgotten the password. Here's a tip for the future, when using webif, dreambox edit, or DCC, have the password saved by the browser or the autofill settings.It means you can still connect if you have forgotten the password, but it also means you can recover it from your browser's security settings.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

deezell wrote: »
    It's discussed back in the thread, its fiddly, especially if you can't ftp into the box, because you've forgotten the password. Here's a tip for the future, when using webif, dreambox edit, or DCC, have the password saved by the browser or the autofill settings.It means you can still connect if you have forgotten the password, but it also means you can recover it from your browser's security settings.

Thanks for the tip, I will also write it down in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Thanks for the tip, I will also write it down in future!
    Great user name.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

So my box is now displaying 'tune failed' and my remote is unresponsive

Before when this happened I used to delete files out of
    /media/crossepg

However this doesn't seem to work now.

Any ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Toplink wrote: »

/media/crossepg

Any ideas.

Reboot and then if that doesn't work reflash.

/media/crossepg

Any ideas.

Sounds like some of the channels have changed frequency and need to be retuned

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. Sounds like a reflash is needed as a retune or reboot didn't work.

I'm sure the steps for reflashing are embedded in here somewhere. Is there much to it?

Thanks folks. Sounds like a reflash is needed as a retune or reboot didn't work.

I'm sure the steps for reflashing are embedded in here somewhere. Is there much to it?

It's all in post 2 of this thread.

Did the reflash, everything went fine.

Retuning the channels here as I got 'tune failed'...

And guess what... No channels found. Though connection from satellite dish appears to be good.

Is there somewhere I have to define a location before scanning? Eg: Ireland... I vaguely remember something like this cropping up before.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Did you run autobouquets?

Imstuck wrote: »
    Did you run autobouquets?

Just now but failed because of space. So I deleted some huge file in /etc/enigma2

So will try again...

I assume I can delete more files I'm here. Will see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Just now but failed because of space. So I deleted some huge file in /etc/enigma2

So will try again...

I assume I can delete more files I'm here. Will see how it goes

If you've run out of space you'll need to re flash, you won't have enough to run enigma comfortably

If you've run out of space you'll need to re flash, you won't have enough to run enigma comfortably

I reflashed last night but that directory was still jammed this morning. As part of a reflash I would have assumed it cleared out old files...

Anyway..

1. Reflash
    2. Check directory to ensure there is space
    3. Download the buckets again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Myths & Tips...

Lads been using AA2 with OATV for bout a year now. Couple of things that may help rookies when setting up.

1. Good idea to have a USB stick in addition to your HDD. I have one that's 2 gb and that's plenty. Here's why:
    You can save your picons to it and it saves memory on AA2 and each time you reflash you won't lose your picons.

2. If using CROSSEPG point it to the USB stick, that way won't run your hard drive a the time and will never clog your AA2 - having said that, think that ones a myth, my CROSSEPG always overwrites the last files on the USB and takes up less than 1 gb. You can monitor that space being taken up in info menu.

3. When re flashing any USB stick will do. Just always format it before you save image to it and try use one that has a light in it. Of the light doesn't blink during flashing, it hasn't flashed - even if it says "success".

My tuppence worth.,,

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Partymack wrote: »
    2. [crossepg]... think that ones a myth, my CROSSEPG always overwrites the last files on the USB and takes up less than 1 gb. You can monitor that space being taken up in info menu.

3. When re flashing any USB stick will do.

I agree completely. I'm using PKT Hyperion 4 for a year with crossepg and never once had to delete any crossepg files. It's also nonsense that only Kingston brand USB keys work with the Alien2. Once I couldn't flash an image no matter what key I tried but the problem was not the USB keys. The boot loader got corrupted somehow and was not reserving enough memory to flash the backup. Other people have had that problem too though I don't know how common it is. Solution here in case anyone is interested.

Flex

I reflashed last night but that directory was still jammed this morning. As part of a reflash I would have assumed it cleared out old files...

Anyway..

1. Reflash
    2. Check directory to ensure there is space
    3. Download the buckets again :-)

Thanks folks. Back in action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 white_russian

Hi all. For any of you using Amiko Alien or SAB Unix boxes, which enigma image supports addition of iptv 'channels' to bouquets via dreamboxedit?

Hi all. For any of you using Amiko Alien or SAB Unix boxes, which enigma image supports addition of iptv 'channels' to bouquets via dreamboxedit?

Think they all do, you just need an iptv plugin to download the feeds, have never bothered with them though myself so I don't really have much experience with them.

Myths & Tips...

Lads been using AA2 with OATV for bout a year now. Couple of things that may help rookies when setting up.

1. Good idea to have a USB stick in addition to your HDD. I have one that's 2 gb and that's plenty. Here's why:
    You can save your picons to it and it saves memory on AA2 and each time you reflash you won't lose your picons.

2. If using CROSSEPG point it to the USB stick, that way won't run your hard drive a the time and will never clog your AA2 - having said that, think that ones a myth, my CROSSEPG always overwrites the last files on the USB and takes up less than 1 gb. You can monitor that space being taken up in info menu.

3. When re flashing any USB stick will do. Just always format it before you save image to it and try use one that has a light in it. Of the light doesn't blink during flashing, it hasn't flashed - even if it says "success".

My tuppence worth.,,

Some good advice there. Just wondering do you have a swapfile set up? If you do, do you have it saved to your harddrive that your recordings are saving to or the usb?

Some good advice there. Just wondering do you have a swapfile set up? If you do, do you have it saved to your harddrive that your recordings are saving to or the usb?

I've never set up 'swap file' but I can see swap memory when I look at the information menu. Is there a way to ensure the USB is where swap is pointing?

Matter of fact what does swap do? Am I right in saying it sort of extends your RAM?

Myths & Tips...

1. Good idea to have a USB stick in addition to your HDD. I have one that's 2 gb and that's plenty...,,

BTW in case it wasn't obvious - USB stick and HDD operate out of a 4-way hub. I don't use the front USB panel. Also USB is formatted to EXT-3... My HDD hapoens to be in NTSC.

Think they all do, you just need an iptv plugin to download the feeds, have never bothered with them though myself so I don't really have much experience with them.
    Thanks but was not thinking in terms of a plugin - just want to add url streaming links directly - like this....oops...can't add youtube link - but it's this on youtube "IPTV adresse mit dreamboxedit (E2/linux receiver)"

Thanks but was not thinking in terms of a plugin - just want to add url streaming links directly - like this....oops...can't add youtube link - but it's this on youtube "IPTV adresse mit dreamboxedit (E2/linux receiver)"

Yeah that should work.

Yeah that should work.
    Using which image?

Using which image?

Any of them.

• Advertisement

Any of them.
    No, that's not the case.

This discussion has been closed.