Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

No, that's not the case.

I'll try tomorrow if you give me a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 white_russian

I'll try tomorrow if you give me a link.

Thanks. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Lads,

With all the frequency changes I need to rescan my box. Before I do can anyone explain what the options mean? I want keep all my favourites and channel Order in my boquets. What do these following options mean:

Network Scan?
    Clear before Scan: yes/yes keep feeds/no ?

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Partymack wrote: »
    Lads,

With all the frequency changes I need to rescan my box. Before I do can anyone explain what the options mean? I want keep all my favourites and channel Order in my boquets. What do these following options mean:

Network Scan?
    Clear before Scan: yes/yes keep feeds/no ?

Any thoughts?

Network scan is what you want, it pulls down the frequencies to scan from the satellite and scans them. Clear before scan clears your all channels list, it does not change your bouquets.

Network scan is what you want, it pulls down the frequencies to scan from the satellite and scans them. Clear before scan clears your all channels list, it does not change your bouquets.

Thanks - Network scan dijndsblike the one. Any idea what 'Yes keep feeds' means?

• Advertisement

Thanks - Network scan dijndsblike the one. Any idea what 'Yes keep feeds' means?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭deezell

Partymack wrote: »

If you do a blind scan you will not only tune a list of channels, but commercial feeds which are used by broadcasters, these could be feeds from race meetings, ouside broadcasts and the like. They would sometimei be encrypted .They come and go, and it's a hobby in itself chasing after them. See http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_30_SPORTS-FEEDS as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks, have Amiko Alien 2 with Enigma, not sure what image was on it , but it was set up by a third party two years ago, so definitely not a recent image

Box was hanging so I did a factory reset, using the toggle keys on the front

New to this thread so looking for some advice

I guess the first step is load Enigma 2 which i guess is the basic OS

The next bit, I need help with please, which Image is easiest to load, and contains the basics :

The basic I need are Irish Saorview and UK Free-sat

I need UK Free-SAT , Irish Saorview channels and an EPG, we have a disk and an antenna, which points to the Dublin mountains

As I have a separate Android box, will not need to use the Amiko , for Web, Kodi, etc ,

Not essential , It would be nice as well as the basic Saorview and UK freesat channels to have access to ITV player, CH4 player, BBC Iplayer , RTE player etc

I have a wired (rj45) network connection , if needed

Once I load the image, do I need to
    install Plugins, AutoBoquets, not sure what these are

Once I load the image, do I need to Scan for channels

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

General instructions are at the start of this thread. Firmware and user's backups can be found here.
    Personally I prefer Hyperion 4.5 and find it the most stable. You may have to scan the terrestrial channels to suit you location.

General instructions are at the start of this thread. Firmware and user's backups can be found here.
    Personally I prefer Hyperion 4.5 and find it the most stable. You may have to scan the terrestrial channels to suit you location.

Thanks Gerry, I will give Hyperion 4.5 ago

whats the difference between Firmware and user's backups

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

k123456 wrote: »
    Thanks Gerry, I will give Hyperion 4.5 ago

whats the difference between Firmware and user's backups

Thanks

Firmware on the amiko falls into two categories, enigma2 or spark. Both are linux based. Spark is less flexible but easier for a non tech savvy user to use. Most people on here use enigma2 which is open source and has a plugin architecture. The user backups refer to pre configured enigma2 image backups with all the more popular plugins installed which saves a lot of time and hassle with setup. The backup I used was from user zardoz which is hyperion 4.5. It has been very solid for me and comes highly recommended.

Thanks Folks , for all your replies

Just out of interest can BBC Iplayer be used on the Amiko , without out having to mask / spoof the ip address of so it appears the IP is UK, not Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Just out of interest can BBC Iplayer be used on the Amiko , without out having to mask / spoof the ip address of so it appears the IP is UK, not Irish

That would be an ecumenical matter. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Lads,
    For anyone using Hyperion 4.5, a handy way to deal with the recent frequency changes:
    Menu
    Plugins
    Autobouquets
    Menu
    Set "Use internal NIT scan" to yes
    Green button
    Green button again to start.
    Wait a few mins while scanning.
    Exit back to TV screen, all done.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Google the ondemand plugin. It claims to do bbc iplayer. Normal geo blocking will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spires

I've been trying out a few different images lately I'm not sure which one I'm currently running, is there any way of finding out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Spires wrote: »
    I've been trying out a few different images lately I'm not sure which one I'm currently running, is there any way of finding out?

What comes up on your TV screen when you boot up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spires

how.gareth wrote: »
    What comes up on your TV screen when you boot up?

Just the sky hd skin

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Hi,

I've got Enigma triple with Hyperion 4.5 image.

I currently have two sat cables going to the sats tuners 1&2 from a quad lnb on a sky dish.

I want to take a feed from another already installed motorised dish. I can very easily swap in the cable from the dish motor.

Now what setup is required in Hyperion 4.5 ? I've looked at the setup config options and am a little nervious of making changes.
    Is there an easy setup option. I want to scan a few others sattelites for the summer ...

When I used this with an earlier box it was a doddle to set up.. tell it it had Disec 1.2 and I could control the motor from the menu.
    Can't see how to do that here .

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Just the sky hd skin

I think that is fresh pots hyperion 4.5 iirc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Just the sky hd skin

When you boot up when its still on the sky boot logo is there any mention of pkt on the box display?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hi,

I want to change my existing image from OpenATV 4.2 to Hyperion 4.5(seems to be most stable according to posts here)

Whats the easiest way to do this.

Do I need to put the box back to SPARK or whats the best way.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Hi,

I want to change my existing image from OpenATV 4.2 to Hyperion 4.5(seems to be most stable according to posts here)

Whats the easiest way to do this.

Do I need to put the box back to SPARK or whats the best way.

Thanks

See post 2 in this thread.

See post 2 in this thread.

I tried that unsuccessfully.

What files exactly should i have on the usb when i try it.

It said something about a missing kernel file or something like that.

What should usb be formatted to

So i got this to work in the end.

Seem to be problems connecting the hard drive now. It's connected i think but cannot get anything to record to it ie. specify the path to the hard drive.

Any suggestions

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

So i got this to work in the end.

Seem to be problems connecting the hard drive now. It's connected i think but cannot get anything to record to it ie. specify the path to the hard drive.

Any suggestions

You should format the drive as ext3 with easeus partition master free, that's the only solution that worked for me with this image.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have one amiko in kitchen another amiko km sitting room.each box has dual feed to sat tuners. Each box had HDMI to tb beside box.

Looking to run a feed from one of the boxes to tv upstairs.

Does anyone have recommendations without getting a third box which want to avoid completely.

Best options cheapest options etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

I've had limited success using a raspberry Pi there is a thread here. With details on how to do it

You should format the drive as ext3 with easeus partition master free, that's the only solution that worked for me with this image.

Ya. It's already formatted to ext3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

listermint wrote: »
    Have one amiko in kitchen another amiko km sitting room.each box has dual feed to sat tuners. Each box had HDMI to tb beside box.

Looking to run a feed from one of the boxes to tv upstairs.

Does anyone have recommendations without getting a third box which want to avoid completely.

Best options cheapest options etc
    http://www.freetv.ie/triax-trilink-kit.html

I use this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement