Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

listermint wrote: »
    Have one amiko in kitchen another amiko km sitting room.each box has dual feed to sat tuners. Each box had HDMI to tb beside box.

Looking to run a feed from one of the boxes to tv upstairs.

Does anyone have recommendations without getting a third box which want to avoid completely.

Best options cheapest options etc
    Get one of these and stream to your third tv. Watch a different channel than than the box is showing.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/wireless-transmitter/icon-toucan-omnicast-multimedia-key-for-television/22603210-a.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Ya. It's already formatted to ext3

telnet to the box and enter these commands:

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1

cd /autofs/sda1

mkdir movie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

Hi there,

I had the clever and lazy idea of backing up my SAB Triple tuner that is configured and working great with Enigma 2 Hyperion and in return installed this on a new Alien2+ receiver so they would have a mirrored setup.

The Alien2+ box was upgraded with the image from the SAB sucessfully but when I forced the box to boot into Enigma it hangs with "Boot" or sometime "Triplex" on the display.

I booted back into Spark and upgraded Enigma 2 from a copy of Hyperion and it still wont boot to Enigma.

Enigma 2 was working on the Alien2+ previoulsy but was crashing, that is why I copied the stable image from the SAB.

I know now that I shouldnt have used the SAB backup on the Amiko receiver.

Any ideas on how I can get the box working again?

Thanks in advance...

So i got this to work in the end.

Seem to be problems connecting the hard drive now. It's connected i think but cannot get anything to record to it ie. specify the path to the hard drive.

Any suggestions
    Got to PKT Blue panel and mount the disk partition as HDD. Your image ( from another box setup) will have a reference to a different disk partition label.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hi,

Nearly there with my setup.

Thanks for help.

Just a quick one???? if there's such thing.

What parameters in dreamboxedit(or setting in the receiver) should I be looking for to change if there are channels in my EPG that are not showing full 7 days, just now and next or no info at all.

The channels that I'm talking about are actually working fine.

Also, some of the channels, while the name is true for the channel, the icon is for a different channel.

Any help gladly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

So i was watching the tennis today there was major pixelation and glitching on BBC HD channels, the non HD channels were fine.

I decided to do a rescan (Network scan yes, Clear channels before yes), ran auto bouquets but no change on the BBC HD channels. I did however lose a few channels.

My next step was to get a new satellite.xml, reboot and go through the the scanning steps again but no sign of the channels. Tune failed when i try and select the channels.

Has there been changes in the last day or two, i think i remember it working during the week.

A little shake of the dish and a rescan has fixed most of my issues but i'm still missing a one or two channels that i hoped to watch this weekend, anyone else dropped a few channels in the last day or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

I use a Raspberry pi 2 running kodi (xbmc) to wirelessly stream to another tv. I use the vu+ plugin on the pi to access the aa2. It works perfectly. You can even browse the epg, recordings, timers.

Hi,

Nearly there with my setup.

Thanks for help.

Just a quick one???? if there's such thing.

What parameters in dreamboxedit(or setting in the receiver) should I be looking for to change if there are channels in my EPG that are not showing full 7 days, just now and next or no info at all.

The channels that I'm talking about are actually working fine.

Also, some of the channels, while the name is true for the channel, the icon is for a different channel.

Any help gladly appreciated
    Question 2 first, all the channel changes recently have left some with no or wrong picons. Rat's picon updater discussed earlier in the thread should sort this. First question, I've never bothered with channels I have that have missing epg, but it might be solved by messing with the source for Cool epg. Maybe run autobouquets?

So i was watching the tennis today there was major pixelation and glitching on BBC HD channels, the non HD channels were fine.

I decided to do a rescan (Network scan yes, Clear channels before yes), ran auto bouquets but no change on the BBC HD channels. I did however lose a few channels.

My next step was to get a new satellite.xml, reboot and go through the the scanning steps again but no sign of the channels. Tune failed when i try and select the channels.

Has there been changes in the last day or two, i think i remember it working during the week.

A little shake of the dish and a rescan has fixed most of my issues but i'm still missing a one or two channels that i hoped to watch this weekend, anyone else dropped a few channels in the last day or two?
    Which channels? or can't you say !? Give a hint, e.g., two syllables, first syllable, sounds like.....

Has downloading this file from http://satellites-xml.eu/ changed slightly?

I used to just tick one box, i can't remember the exact name (I think it was 28.8E Eutasat 28A & Astra 2A/2E/2F) but now it just has an option to tick Astra 2E/2F/2G.

I don't understand what the file does, i just used to download the file this way, reboot AA and run a scan using the new file. Maybe this is why I'm missing a few channels.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

TIA

I did another scan and got some extra channels this morning, can the weather affect things when running a scan?

I now have the HD versions of the channels i was missing, but not the SD, strange but i'll stick with that.

• Advertisement

deezell wrote:
    Question 2 first, all the channel changes recently have left some with no or wrong picons. Rat's picon updater discussed earlier in the thread should sort this. First question, I've never bothered with channels I have that have missing epg, but it might be solved by messing with the source for Cool epg. Maybe run autobouquets?

What does running autoboquets do. Can it mess up other stuff inadvertently

What does running autoboquets do. Can it mess up other stuff inadvertently
    It puts the Sky styled list to the fore, so your own custom list has to be moved back up using dreambox edit.

Why would running a scan yield a different number of channels without anything changing?

I ran a scan this morning and got 850+ channels, when i did another this afteroon i got 700 odd.

Does the weather affect a scan? My dish seems to be ok, i'm getting all the usual channels with no issues.

deezell wrote: »
    It puts the Sky styled list to the fore, so your own custom list has to be moved back up using dreambox edit.
    deezell wrote: »

Thanks, I've it all sorted(famous last words). Ran auto boquets and then resent my channel list with dreambox editor.

Lost all the picons on satellite channels, all I have is a word saying the channel name...still it's better than having a pic there thats for another channel.

One final thing. After a power cut or having the box in standby for a while, should it boot up and display a channel when you turn on. I always have to press ok and then pick a channel, otherwise there's just a black screen.

It doesn't record then if I haven't done that before a timer begins.

I think it may be because I've deleted all boquets except for my "favourites" one. Did this just to keep everything simple.

Thanks again

Why would running a scan yield a different number of channels without anything changing?

I ran a scan this morning and got 850+ channels, when i did another this afteroon i got 700 odd.

Does the weather affect a scan? My dish seems to be ok, i'm getting all the usual channels with no issues.
    Some of those might be "feeds", temporary links for commercial use.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Lads,
    Is it possible to install a DNS update client on the AA2+?

Lads,
    Is it possible to install a DNS update client on the AA2+?

The ip address of your aa2 is not visible to the outside WAN, so this is not the address you would be translating to a domain name. The box ip is reached from outside via the router external IP and a port number. This is mapped in the router, and it's the router ip that is dynamically linked to a domain name. The router should have this in its tools and setup.

deezell wrote:
    The ip address of your aa2 is not visible to the outside WAN, so this is not the address you would be translating to a domain name. The box ip is reached from outside via the router external IP and a port number. This is mapped in the router, and it's the router ip that is dynamically linked to a domain name. The router should have this in its tools and setup.

Thanks deezel,
    The reason I ask is I want to access the box from elsewhere. My ISP is a 4g service so don't do static ips. I've set up a dyn account and am wondering how to have the ip updated without a pc running 24/7.

Thanks deezel,
    The reason I ask is I want to access the box from elsewhere. My ISP is a 4g service so don't do static ips. I've set up a dyn account and am wondering how to have the ip updated without a pc running 24/7.

So this is a 4g service using a mobile telecoms provider. What hardware are you using for Internet access. Is it a dongle type USB device into a pc, with the pc acting as a wireless router, or do you have a dedicated wireless device which connects to the 4g network?

deezell wrote:
    So this is a 4g service using a mobile telecoms provider. What hardware are you using for Internet access. Is it a dongle type USB device into a pc, with the pc acting as a wireless router, or do you have a dedicated wireless device which connects to the 4g network?

It's 3 mobile, using a Huawei b593s with an external aerial.

• Advertisement

It's 3 mobile, using a Huawei b593s with an external aerial.

Ok, that's a 4g router, but no different than a wired router from your point of view. You will need to log onto this router from a device, pc preferably, using its internal IP address. This is usually something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254. Here you will get the external IP of the router, and find the dynamic DNS configuration. Select the dynamic DNS service you have signed up to, and the user name and password of that service. You will have already configured you routers current external IP to your chosen domain name. When properly configured, the router will automatically contact you DNS provider and update the external Ip address of the router to your domain name, so your domain url, say 'sobersbox.ddns.net', will always point to the external IP of your router. The next step is to map the internal IP of your box, which can be fixed, to the external IP of the router. Routers have different names and ways of doing this, some call it NAT, some game Sharing and some port forwarding, but the idea is that by attaching a port number to your external IP address, or your url/domain name, you can connect to any number of internal IP addresses and services with just one external IP. Example, if I set the internal IP of my box and port 80 to map to the external IP and port 80, I can now browse the Webif interface of the box from outside using just my owon domain name (port 80 is added by default for ordinary Urls). Some ISPs hide the external IP assigned to your router from the WAN, so you will have to see if this IP is visible from another location by pinging it. The ISP should be able to make your External IP visible, even if they won't grant you a fixed one. it can be the case that your router external IP is just an internal one in their network structure. EDIT from what I'm reading, broadband via mobile networks can be more restrictive in terms of setting up port forwarding due to external policies for inbound data being controlled by the network provider. You may have to request these be removed. If the external IP listed in the router config is not the real public one, go to ipchicken.com to see the actual external IP of your router.

Hi there,

I had the clever and lazy idea of backing up my SAB Triple tuner that is configured and working great with Enigma 2 Hyperion and in return installed this on a new Alien2+ receiver so they would have a mirrored setup.

The Alien2+ box was upgraded with the image from the SAB sucessfully but when I forced the box to boot into Enigma it hangs with "Boot" or sometime "Triplex" on the display.

I booted back into Spark and upgraded Enigma 2 from a copy of Hyperion and it still wont boot to Enigma.

Enigma 2 was working on the Alien2+ previoulsy but was crashing, that is why I copied the stable image from the SAB.

I know now that I shouldnt have used the SAB backup on the Amiko receiver.

Any ideas on how I can get the box working again?

Thanks in advance...

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Anyone?

Had this before, only thing I could do was flash the bare image and add set it all up again.

Had this before, only thing I could do was flash the bare image and add set it all up again.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Did you flash the box firmware on the box or do you mean reinstall Enigma2?

Lads is there anyway to keep the order of my channels when I run autobouquets? Its a bit of a pain having to rearrange everything as I like to have my HD channels first in the entertainment bouquet and I also have to add BT Sports HD ect to the Sports bouquet.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Did you flash the box firmware on the box or do you mean reinstall Enigma2?

I mean the pkt hyperion v4.5 image from the pkteam.pl website flashed via the spark plugin.

Lads is there anyway to keep the order of my channels when I run autobouquets? Its a bit of a pain having to rearrange everything as I like to have my HD channels first in the entertainment bouquet and I also have to add BT Sports HD ect to the Sports bouquet.
    The latest version of autobouquets has all that included. Someone uploaded it here a while back search boards for autobouquets.zip and you should find it. On the mobile now so can't link to it.

The latest version of autobouquets has all that included. Someone uploaded it here a while back search boards for autobouquets.zip and you should find it. On the mobile now so can't link to it.

Thanks very much! I have been using the one on zardoz Hyperion and didn't know there was a newer version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Lads, the first three channels in the kids bouquet are currently showing tune failed, and running aoutbouquets and rebooting doesn't solve the problem, any ideas??

• Advertisement

I mean the pkt hyperion v4.5 image from the pkteam.pl website flashed via the spark plugin.

Hi I tried that and it just stuck on the word boot...

I then downgraded the OS on Spark to 1.2.51, ran the E2upgrade in spark and installed Hyperion successfully according to the plugin.

I forced the box to boot into ENIGMA and boot appeared on the displayed followed by TRIPLEX and that is where it hangs.

Not sure what else I can try at this stage.

Would appreciate any feedback that anyone can offer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement