Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hi I tried that and it just stuck on the word boot...

I then downgraded the OS on Spark to 1.2.51, ran the E2upgrade in spark and installed Hyperion successfully according to the plugin.

I forced the box to boot into ENIGMA and boot appeared on the displayed followed by TRIPLEX and that is where it hangs.

Not sure what else I can try at this stage.

Would appreciate any feedback that anyone can offer.

I had that problem recently, and whilst the following worked for me, I have no idea why it did or if it will indeed work for you!!
    When you have updated your enigma image in spark, do a back up immediately afterwards of that image, when that's done boot to enigma.
    Hope it does the trick for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

Imstuck wrote: »
    I had that problem recently, and whilst the following worked for me, I have no idea why it did or if it will indeed work for you!!
    When you have updated your enigma image in spark, do a back up immediately afterwards of that image, when that's done boot to enigma.
    Hope it does the trick for you.

Gave that a go but it's still the same. Was worth a try!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Have you tried the back port and force method ?

See #244 in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91486210&postcount=244

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Gave that a go but it's still the same. Was worth a try!

Thanks

It might sound stupid but when the box looks like it hangs after Triplex comes on the display did you try pressing ok on the Remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Imstuck wrote: »
    Lads, the first three channels in the kids bouquet are currently showing tune failed, and running aoutbouquets and rebooting doesn't solve the problem, any ideas??

Get the most up to date frequency for them and enter them on manual tune, worked for me today no problem

• Advertisement

Anchises wrote: »
    Have you tried the back port and force method ?

See #244 in this thread

A.

Gave that a shot there and after 10 mins in end in err.

Tried 2 different USB keys.

Will try a different image now.

Thanks.

how.gareth wrote: »
    It might sound stupid but when the box looks like it hangs after Triplex comes on the display did you try pressing ok on the Remote?

I wish it was that simple ... The box hangs and the screen goes black and doesn't budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

deezell wrote:
    Ok, that's a 4g router, but no different than a wired router from your point of view. You will need to log onto this router from a device, pc preferably, using its internal IP address. This is usually something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254. Here you will get the external IP of the router, and find the dynamic DNS configuration. Select the dynamic DNS service you have signed up to, and the user name and password of that service. You will have already configured you routers current external IP to your chosen domain name. When properly configured, the router will automatically contact you DNS provider and update the external Ip address of the router to your domain name, so your domain url, say 'sobersbox.ddns.net', will always point to the external IP of your router. The next step is to map the internal IP of your box, which can be fixed, to the external IP of the router. Routers have different names and ways of doing this, some call it NAT, some game Sharing and some port forwarding, but the idea is that by attaching a port number to your external IP address, or your url/domain name, you can connect to any number of internal IP addresses and services with just one external IP. Example, if I set the internal IP of my box and port 80 to map to the external IP and port 80, I can now browse the Webif interface of the box from outside using just my owon domain name (port 80 is added by default for ordinary Urls). Some ISPs hide the external IP assigned to your router from the WAN, so you will have to see if this IP is visible from another location by pinging it. The ISP should be able to make your External IP visible, even if they won't grant you a fixed one. it can be the case that your router external IP is just an internal one in their network structure. EDIT from what I'm reading, broadband via mobile networks can be more restrictive in terms of setting up port forwarding due to external policies for inbound data being controlled by the network provider. You may have to request these be removed. If the external IP listed in the router config is not the real public one, go to ipchicken.com to see the actual external IP of your router.

Thanks deezell,
    So I've got into the webif from outside my network. Is it possible to stream channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

Thanks deezell,
    So I've got into the webif from outside my network. Is it possible to stream channels?

Yes, but you will need sufficient upload speed to resolve a channel. 2-5 Mbs for SD, much more for HD. Also you will need to open port 8001 to the outside, as this is the socket ( ip and port no.) that webif uses to carry the stream. Do a speed test to check your 4G upload speed, and port forward the external ip:8001 to the box ip:8001. With low upload speeds, you'll have to get into transcoding servers. lots of previous discussion on this in this thread, back a few months .

Gave that a shot there and after 10 mins in end in err.

Tried 2 different USB keys.

Will try a different image now.

Thanks.

No luck but thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

@ ivegotafeeling:

Have you looked a item #2688 and others after it in this thread ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057246289&page=180

'Pissed' had a similar problem - no boot after an update - and solved it with a different USB stick - must be FAT32 too.
    Read it and see if it helps

I don't know the answer to this: Did you downgrade Spark ? And if so does it not allow a correct image install . Maybe upgrade it again ?

A.

@ ivegotafeeling:

'Pissed' had a similar problem - no boot after an update - and solved it with a different USB stick - must be FAT32 too.

I don't know the answer to this: Did you downgrade Spark ? And if so does it not allow a correct image install . Maybe upgrade it again ?

A.

Thanks for the link. I will have a read tomorrow and try a few more things tomorrow night. I have been using 3 different USB keys and am having no luck.

Downgrading Spark was a workaround I thought but it made no difference.

I will update to the latest stable release tomorrow and try again.

Thanks for you assistance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I am running FreshPots Hyperion 4.5 backup image.

I put my box into stand by at night time usually between 11pm and midnight.

The next day when i take it out of standby, the box will turn back on and I will have epg and the menu buttons will work as normal but no signal on any channel. A restart of the box is needed to get channels coming through again.

This didn't used to happen. I used to put the box into standby each night yet it would be on in the morning and work fine. I don't know why but i think it may be down to autobouquets running at 4am each day.

I did make changes to some bouquets via dreamboxedit and disabled the daily update of autobouquets so they my changes do not get overwritten, since i made these changes i am need to perform a restart to get channels coming through.

It's no biggie but i was wondering if anyone else experienced this and if they came up with a workaround.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

I am getting the exact same thing now (with a different image - still using the TV Trade one that came with the box). It can be either the sat channels and/or the terest. channels. Same as illdoit2morrow, all channels black but the menus etc. work. Reboot brings them all back. I have scheduled a reboot for 6 every morning but it did not solve it. Did not use any editor on channels/bouquets etc. Any ideas? Faulty box? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

how.gareth wrote: »
    Get the most up to date frequency for them and enter them on manual tune, worked for me today no problem

Thanks for that, worked a treat.

Was wondering why auto bouquets didn't sort it though?
    This being an obvious bonus of running enigma2.

@ ivegotafeeling:

A.

Had a go there from what was suggested from #2688

Ran the Spark recovery image.

Updated the software on Spark.

Installed Enigma2.

Forced booted and it hands on boot (TRIPLEX is no longer showing.)

@ ivegotafeeling

Sorry it's still not going your way :(

This is a very long thread in which the discussion centres around a box that is failing on boot and showing Boot /Triplex - just as your is.

http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-45674.html

If you have the stamina to read it - it suggest a few reasons why it might happen.
    Particularly it suggests that among others that you might:

A: install from a HardDrive rather then USB key. (You may need to Telnet into the box to put the two files on the hd.)
    B: Consider if the image you've installed requires that a HardDrive be connected -to satisfy some demand for data by the image.
    C: Consider is CrossEPG looking for some response from net or HardDrive that is unsatisfied ?

They also touch on the subject of a batch of boxes with a particular factory image that are more prone to fail on install of images.

They also suggest the there are different versions of the Upgrade plugin tool. Are you using the right one.

I did have a problem with an image install once that seemed to be due to my not having my hard drive attached after the image was booted.
    I can't say if any of that will help you , but it might give you more areas to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

I changed the epg downloader to only download once a night instead of every hour and this seemed to fix the blank screen problem
    I am running FreshPots Hyperion 4.5 backup image.

I put my box into stand by at night time usually between 11pm and midnight.

The next day when i take it out of standby, the box will turn back on and I will have epg and the menu buttons will work as normal but no signal on any channel. A restart of the box is needed to get channels coming through again.

This didn't used to happen. I used to put the box into standby each night yet it would be on in the morning and work fine. I don't know why but i think it may be down to autobouquets running at 4am each day.

I did make changes to some bouquets via dreamboxedit and disabled the daily update of autobouquets so they my changes do not get overwrote, since i made these changes i am need to perform a restart to get channels coming through.

It's no biggie but i was wondering if anyone else experienced this and if they came up with a workaround.

TIA

Amiko Alien2 with Hyperion 4.5.

I stupidly blind scanned 28.2 by mistake - meant another sat. :(

Now I've got a load of unwanted channels.

There seems to be no channel editor in the image ?

Any way to selectivly zap the unwanted ones ?

Or even zap all and rescan for FTA only ?

I could start again and reinstall the image ..........sigh ....

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

download 'dreamboxedit' to your PC and use that

• Advertisement

Ok :)

Got that

Tested IP connection - Ok
    Tested Login - name : root / password: root - successful.

Set profile to Enigma2 - save profile.

Reset file paths to Enigma2

Then I should get files from AA2 and edit them and them sent them back to the AA2 - right ?

Now what Do i do ? - Tried transfer files from Dreambox and it gave errors

What files exactly should I transfer to my PC and are the default paths for HYP 4.5 the same as asredefined in DreamBoxEdit ?

A.

LOG: Oh Dear ! It's German :(
    But it seems that the main error is : Transfer done (but failed to open directory)
    Are the directory correct ? as etc/enigma2 ?

Info 2015-07-16 00:20:13 dreamboxEDIT 6.0.2.0 started
    Info 2015-07-16 00:20:14 There is no newer version of dreamboxEDIT available online
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Starting FTP Download from Dreambox.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Verbinden mit 192.168.1.202.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Verbunden.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Dreambox response: Login successful.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 ** Retrieving file list of "/etc/enigma2/" **
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 FTP-Transfer wird gestartet
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Switching to ASCII mode.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Transfer abgeschlossen
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Here comes the directory listing.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Files on Dreambox in /etc/enigma2/:
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 ** Retrieving file list of "/etc/enigma2/" **
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 FTP-Transfer wird gestartet
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Transfer done (but failed to open directory).
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Transfer abgeschlossen
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Here comes the directory listing.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Files on Dreambox in /etc/enigma2/:
    Error 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Neither a "services" nor a "lamedb" file was found in directory "/etc/enigma2/" on the Dreambox.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Verbindung wird getrennt.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Goodbye.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Verbindung getrennt.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:22:09 Goodbye.
    Error 2015-07-16 00:22:09 There were errors retrieving the files from the Dreambox.
    Check the log for more information.
    Info 2015-07-16 00:26:36 Log file saved in C:\Users\UbuntuWin\Desktop\dreamboxEDIT Logging.txt

A.

I checked the readme file with my image :
    Zardoz HYp 4.5

It says:
    It is configured for 28 East Satellite and Saorview (Irish Terrestrial tv service ) ,all picons are installed (usr/local/share/enigma2 )as is an up to date channel list inc some Iptv links.
    An upto date satellites.xml file covering 30w to 45e is also installed.

I tried usr/local/share/enigma2 in DreamBoxEdit ..........

Same error ........
    A.

Me again :(

Please ignore my recent ramblings ..........

I've just realised that to satisfy 'she who must be obeyed' , I reverted back to Spark a few hours ago.
    No wonder I can't find the files I was looking for ....

Will change back to the Enigma2 tomorrow and start again....

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

U
    Me again :(

Please ignore my recent ramblings ..........

I've just realised that to satisfy 'she who must be obeyed' , I reverted back to Spark a few hours ago.
    No wonder I can't find the files I was looking for ....

Will change back to the Enigma2 tomorrow and start again....

A.

It's difficult to conduct an affair with enigma when the other half is ever present!. Maybe best to get a second. Box, treat it like a hobby. Channels can be edited in enigma btw, press OK to display basic epg, the press menu to bring up options to add, delete, reorder, move from bouquets. It's handy for the odd lazy change while viewing, no pc or rebooting required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

should i update to the latest autobouquets version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

should i update to the latest autobouquets version

I couldnt get any of the latest versions to work on Hyperion or Openatv on both an Alien 1 or 2 .
    It cant find the tuner to run properly.

Maybe you will have better luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Zardoz wrote: »
    I couldnt get any of the latest versions to work on Hyperion or Openatv on both an Alien 1 or 2 .
    It cant find the tuner to run properly.

Maybe you will have better luck.

What error are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What error are you getting?

This one
    Download Bouquets ,working...

Cannot open demuxer '/dev/dvb/adapter-1/demux0
    ioctl DMX_SET_Source failed
    ioctl DMX_SET_Filter failed

[AutoBouquetsReader] read network timeout! 120 secs
    channel has no valid stream,aborting...