Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hi fellas, putting an aa2 in for my grandad today, he's 94, I wonder how he'll get on with the remote lol!!
    Anyway, he's only one sat feed and I wanted to turn off one tuner so EPG would work?
    In configuration, there is tuner A, tuner b (single) and tuner c (single) what should I do from here??
    Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Imstuck wrote: »
    Hi fellas, putting an aa2 in for my grandad today, he's 94, I wonder how he'll get on with the remote lol!!
    Anyway, he's only one sat feed and I wanted to turn off one tuner so EPG would work?
    In configuration, there is tuner A, tuner b (single) and tuner c (single) what should I do from here??
    Many thanks

Change one of the sat tuners to not configured. (The one you don't have a sat feed into)

Keep getting autobouquets reader not found as an error when trying to run it on zardoz' Hyperion 4.5 any ideas lads???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

Keep getting autobouquets reader not found as an error when trying to run it on zardoz' Hyperion 4.5 any ideas lads???

Ran mine for only the second time ever, it worked fine, restored the picons missing from the recent frequency changed channels, but also changed a lot of them from the ones from Rat's source. Is there some TP that needs to be in the list in order for autoboquets and cool to work properly, this was mentioned way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Might have something to do with you only having one sat tuner configured perhaps ?

Did you upgrade the version or use the existing one installed ?
    If you ftp'd a new version over you have to change the attributes of the autobouquetsreader file,autobouquets_e2.sh and autopicon_convert.sh to 755.

• Advertisement

Found out he had two sat tuners when I got to his house Zardoz!!

Got that error of the one loaded on the image.... Strange!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

deezell wrote: »
    That must be it so, the image was expecting Zardoz' disk, but mine was different, name, capacity, partition name(s). So when using a fresh image thats not your own, unmount any disks that show in the disk manager, and mount your own device from the device list, then assign this to the Record, timeshift and crossEPG storage loacation settings. In Hyperion you have to press "Menu" when in the storage device area to bring up a sub menu which allows you to select "file list", only when in this can you navigate to the actual list of storage devices, and there you should see your HDD. Mine was referrd to as SDA3 and SDA5, these being the two partitions on an NTFS formatted disk. I'll probably revert to EXT3 now that I know the routine for unmount/mount and how to actually discover the device in storage settings. If your record or timeshift settings on a fresh image refers to your storage device as "HDD/Media or "HDD/Movies", there is no guarantee that this actually is connecting to your particular disk.

A friend of mine got a image backup off a friend of his and gave me hyperion 4.5 for my new Amiko Alien 2 box. after I installed it, the box started to freeze (turning circle in top left) and wouldn't do anything. This seemed to only happen when I had a EXT3 HDD in back USB.

I have since reformatted it to FAT32 and is plugged into the front USB port. It's been stable for the last 2 hours (I Think). Is there anyway to find out why this is happening or checking if my HDD should be EXT or FAT32?

this is really starting to annoy me now. I download givecredit's image inpost 6083 would this be better to install and what should I partition my HDD as?

any help would be great.

thanks BobbyT28

Found out he had two sat tuners when I got to his house Zardoz!!

Got that error of the one loaded on the image.... Strange!!

Ok.
    Strange that ,did you try re running it perhaps or checking the file attributes in the autobouquets folder ?
    I was going to upload an updated image when I got time ,with Rats plugins it ,and an updated Autobouquets but I cant get the new versions of Autobouquets to work .
    A friend of mine got a image backup off a friend of his and gave me hyperion 4.5 for my new Amiko Alien 2 box. after I installed it, the box started to freeze (turning circle in top left) and wouldn't do anything. This seemed to only happen when I had a EXT3 HDD in back USB.

What backup image was it ,it wasnt Openatv by any chance was it ?
    I had issues with Openatv running a usb drive formatted in ext3 on the Alien 1,had to switch to fat32 and it worked perfectly.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ok.
    Strange that ,did you try re running it perhaps or checking the file attributes in the autobouquets folder ?
    I was going to upload an updated image when I got time ,with Rats plugins it ,and an updated Autobouquets but I cant get the new versions of Autobouquets to work .

What backup image was it ,it wasnt Openatv by any chance was it ?
    I had issues with Openatv running a usb drive formatted in ext3 on the Alien 1,had to switch to fat32 and it worked perfectly.

Not sure how to do that. Bit of a noob here

Image was Hyperion 4.5

Itjust happened again. Need to reboot again!!! Can't do anything. Does anyone have a working image they could send me and what Partition my HDD shoyld be for that Image? Would be much appreciated

Ok.

That would've great Zardoz, (rats plugins) I've struggled to add rats plugins and would love it in an image, I've thought about asking but I wouldn't as I've too much admiration for the work you guys have put in!!
    The only thing bugging me is lack of picons.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

On Hyperion 4.5 my hard drive isn't being detected for crossepg. I've tried to mount it in the pkt panel and it shows up there but I can't use it. Anyone know how to sort?

Also I'm on freshpots image which has been flawless for me but some issues arising now, any newer Hyperion images around? I haven't been in this thread for ages cos every thing was working :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

I
    BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Not sure how to do that. Bit of a noob here

Image was Hyperion 4.5

Itjust happened again. Need to reboot again!!! Can't do anything. Does anyone have a working image they could send me and what Partition my HDD shoyld be for that Image? Would be much appreciated

I remember that thread you quoted me on, my contention then was that images were not fully transferable between identical boxes when they contained specific disc information. While I would hope the system would locate and automount any hard disc or pen drive on boot up, this may not be the case, so after booting a new image, before it gets in a knot, go to the disc manager and delete all mounts, as they probably came with the image and refer to the image creator's particular hard disc setup. Just because timeshift, cross, etc are pointing to hdd does not mean it's your hdd. Only when I done what's in the quote did I have trouble free epg, record, etc. I have yet to return to ext3 though, if it's not broke etc......

deezell wrote: »
    I remember that thread you quoted me on, my contention then was that images were not fully transferable between identical boxes when they contained specific disc information. While I would hope the system would locate and automotive any hard disc or pen drive on boot up, this may not be the case, so after booting a new image, before it gets in a knot, go to the disc manager and delete all mounts, ax they probably came with the image and refer to the image creator's particular hard disc setup. Just because timeshift, cross, etc are pointing to hdd dies not mean it's your hdd. Only when I done what's in the quote did I have trouble free epg, record, etc. I have yet to return to ext3 though, if it's not broke etc......

Can I delete mounts in Sparks before I log in?

Should I always use the back USB to install enigma 2 (hgyperion 4.5) instead of front one?

I ended up going back to Techguys image for the time being. any chance of a short step by step guide for a noob:confused:

really appreciate you coming back to me thanks

BobbyT28

That would've great Zardoz, (rats plugins) I've struggled to add rats plugins and would love it in an image, I've thought about asking but I wouldn't as I've too much admiration for the work you guys have put in!!
    The only thing bugging me is lack of picons.....

I'll try to get that uploaded this week .

Btw there will also be the option of a smaller file size than before (~88MB) , more like the original developer's e2jffs.img files,so it should install better for people who have had issues installing the full sized 128MB backups.
    Joeuser a poster on another forum kindly made these smaller sized backups ,he has done one of Freshpots Hyperion 4.5 too .
    Also I'm on freshpots image which has been flawless for me but some issues arising now, any newer Hyperion images around? I haven't been in this thread for ages cos every thing was working biggrin.png
    Nope,4.5 is the latest Hyperion image .
    Perhaps you could try a reflash if you made a recent backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Zardoz wrote:
    Nope,4.5 is the latest Hyperion image . Perhaps you could try a reflash if you made a recent backup.

Haven't made a backup in months. Is there a link to your latest image here?

superg wrote: »
    Haven't made a backup in months. Is there a link to your latest image here?

Yes ,there are numerous links.
    Heres the main link to all my backups and other files that may be of use
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

My most recent backup is March .
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Can I delete mounts in Sparks before I log in?

Should I always use the back USB to install enigma 2 (hgyperion 4.5) instead of front one?

I ended up going back to Techguys image for the time being. any chance of a short step by step guide for a noob:confused:

really appreciate you coming back to me thanks

BobbyT28
    I dont think deleting the mount in spark will have any effect in enigma
    Also you do not have to use the rear usb to install you can use the front during a normal install / reflash
    This is a great guide here by Champ
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057246289

Like deezel I think you issues could relate to a different drive programmed in the back up that your installing
    remove the drive
    reload the image
    delete the mount paths
    reboot the box
    reconnect the drive
    recreate the mounts
    worth a try

Yes ,there are numerous links.
    Heres the main link to all my backups and other files that may be of use
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

My most recent backup is March .
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajkyf04regcsaut/AAD_I351j_yPbIlSkcvtQICQa?dl=0

Just download this image. Should I just be able to flash this from spark? I am hoping I wont have the same problems i've had when using my friends image.

Technofobe wrote: »
    I dont think deleting the mount in spark will have any effect in enigma
    Also you do not have to use the rear usb to install you can use the front during a normal install / reflash
    This is a great guide here by Champ
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057246289

Like deezel I think you issues could relate to a different drive programmed in the back up that your installing
    remove the drive
    reload the image
    delete the mount paths
    reboot the box
    reconnect the drive
    recreate the mounts
    worth a try

Cheers Technofob,

I keep trying to go into Disk-HDDmanager but it just keeps freezing. I've downloaded the image above in this post, so I am going to flash this and try your method.

Just to clarify,

remove the drive - Does that mean unmount or remove any physical drive from box?

Delete the mount paths - Can I do this in Disk - partition manager - creat new partition?

Should my USB HDD (32GB) be EXT3 or FAT32 ? I think EXT3

Thanks again

BobbbyT28

Cheers Technofob,

I keep trying to go into Disk-HDDmanager but it just keeps freezing. I've downloaded the image above in this post, so I am going to flash this and try your method.

Just to clarify,

remove the drive - Does that mean unmount or remove any physical drive from box?

Delete the mount paths - Can I do this in Disk - partition manager - creat new partition?

Thanks again

BobbbyT28

Flashed image. Went to Disk - HDD partition no disk mounted??? Then i froze again! Same thing is happening freezing after a 1min at most.

This is really starting to grind on me!!! My friend got the exact same image and he hasn't had any problems!!

I currenlty have no USB's mounted so looks like it is not looking for anything.

Can I reset set the box back to Factory settings or something? will I need to install sparks again?

• Advertisement

Cheers Technofob,

Just to clarify,

also check the path for cross epg as sometimes it defaults to saving the epg data in the internal memory instead of the hard disk

Thanks again

BobbbyT28
    I would remove the drive as in disconnect it from the aa2
    My drive is formatted as ext 3
    I done that while in spark as i found that doing it on a pc using easeus partition master said it was formatted but operation was a bit hit and miss

I would remove the drive as in disconnect it from the aa2
    My drive is formatted as ext 3
    I done that while in spark as i found that doing it on a pc using easeus partition master said it was formatted but operation was a bit hit and miss

Something weird happened after I rebooted after it freezing. The Hyperion screen stayed on and I could here the TV in the back groud. But I was able to mess around on disk and took the following screen shots. It eventually froze.

From the pictures attached can you see whats going on?

more attachements

more attachements

If you have nothing on it that you need you could repartition it
    as you already appear to have 2 partitions
    a 20 gig
    a 10 gig partition

If I were you I would boot back into spark and delete the existing partitions from there just create 1 partition and format it as fat 32 as its a pretty small drive I dont think formatting as ext 3 will do a lot for it

Then after formatting boot back to enigma2 ( hyperion 4.5 )
    and mount it

Bummer just killed my own drive
    but it was an old 80 gig from an old xbox
    May be time to upgrade to a ssd

Edit
    booting back into spark to see if the drive is working there
    No seems to be dead as a do do in spark too

If you have nothing on it that you need you could repartition it
    as you already appear to have 2 partitions
    a 20 gig
    a 10 gig partition

If I were you I would boot back into spark and delete the existing partitions from there just create 1 partition and format it as fat 32 as its a pretty small drive I dont think formatting as ext 3 will do a lot for it

Then after formatting boot back to enigma2 ( hyperion 4.5 )
    and mount it

Technofobe,

Looks like that may have worked. I have been using it and updating stuff for the last 15mins longest ive every got!

Getting Tune failed on BT Sports etc, any ideas? did a autobouquet scan didn't fix it.

Thanks so much for all the support. Much appreciated.

Now to get Crossepg working, keeps giving me a green screen!!

Any ideas?

Regards,
    BobbyT28

It did freeze up again but I was changing some settings, when finished I pressed another button by accident, then I pressed the exit button and it hung. Is this a normal thing to happen that it can get its knickers in a twist?

Any settings that I can ajust to make box a little snapper, takes about 2 secs sometimes to when going through a menu. I also enabled swap in Disk mamanger. Is this Ok, read somewhere that I should have this enabled?

regards,
    BobbyT28

No, its starting to hang again. After I restarted the box from the last freeze, I went into favourites and selected Sky Sports, again it just had the circle in the left corner!!

Does the partition auto mount or do I have to do have to mount on each reboot?

very aggravating!

regards,
    BobbyT28

Autobouquets is a bit hit & miss on all images I've found.
    It sometimes takes you back to the autobouquets menu & you'd imagine it's done, but sometimes it isn't.
    The only time it's done for sure is when it tells you how long it's taken, normally around 50 seconds

• Advertisement

Bobby, just a shot in the dark but is your network connected (and staying connected?) I had hanging issues with setting up my grandads box in the last couple of days, I was using homeplugs and they continually disconnected & ended up taking them out and using a wi-Fi adapter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement