Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Imstuck wrote: »
    Bobby, just a shot in the dark but is your network connected (and staying connected?) I had hanging issues with setting up my grandads box in the last couple of days, I was using homeplugs and they continually disconnected & ended up taking them out and using a wi-Fi adapter.

Hi Imstuck,

I have a wired connection. AA2 - switch - modem. Don't think its dropping but will have a check. Thanks for that.

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi Imstuck,

I have a wired connection. AA2 - switch - modem. Don't think its dropping but will have a check. Thanks for that.

BobbyT28

It's frustrating when you can't get a handle on what's going wrong. One reason could be cross epg trying to read or download the hdd. As well as following tecnos advice, go to cross, record and timeshift settings and change the storage to flash or USB, this should give you a chance to mount and assign the hard disk partition to 'hdd'. You can then change the settings.settings back to hdd when it's been properly mounted.Also if cross is set to download on boot, turn this off until it has a reliable storage assigned.

deezell wrote: »
    It's frustrating when you can't get a handle on what's going wrong. One reason could be cross epg trying to read or download the hdd. As well as following tecnos advice, go to cross, record and timeshift settings and change the storage to flash or USB, this should give you a chance to mount and assign the hard disk partition to 'hdd'. You can then change the settings.settings back to hdd when it's been properly mounted.Also if cross is set to download on boot, turn this off until it has a reliable storage assigned.

Sooooooo Fustrating!! :mad:

I actually went back to original image from Techguys. I turned off all tuners I wasn't using and crossepg is working fine now.

This may have been causing my issues with Hyperion 4.5 I will reflash hyperion on wed (When the other half is in work:D) and head stright to menu-tuner config and switchoff all unused tuners. Then mount USB/HDD and turn swap on. Will I keep it FAT32?

I have my USB/HDD formatted to FAT32 which seems to be working fine on Techguy's image.

Tried Dreamedit, did all my changes and when I went to send them back to amiko I got a "l/O error! ?

Thanks again for the helps guy's, we report back
    BobbyT28

Sooooooo Fustrating!! :mad:

I actually went back to original image from Techguys. I turned off all tuners I wasn't using and crossepg is working fine now.

This may have been causing my issues with Hyperion 4.5 I will reflash hyperion on wed (When the other half is in work:D) and head stright to menu-tuner config and switchoff all unused tuners. Then mount USB/HDD and turn swap on. Will I keep it FAT32?

I have my USB/HDD formatted to FAT32 which seems to be working fine on Techguy's image.

Tried Dreamedit, did all my changes and when I went to send them back to amiko I got a "l/O error! ?

Thanks again for the helps guy's, we report back
    BobbyT28
    The advice can only take you so far, it's the dogged persistence that pays off in the end. The furtive tinkering when SWMBO is out is an unfortunate side effect, many here have already been tagged as insane by bewildered partners.

I'm seriously thinking of one of these.
    https://abel.tv/optimuss-os1-plus-hd-dvb-s-2-linux-schwarz.html#.VazBass1iBZ
    149€ and Postage only 12, wifi dongle thrown in. This is the plus version, 1.3 Ghz processor, a Gig of memory and Enigma factory loaded. I'd have to move forums though! Anyone any experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Bobby, epg not loading shouldn't make the box hang or freeze though....
    If not using both sat tuners then one of them has to be set to not configured as I was informed a page or two back

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Imstuck wrote: »
    Bobby, epg not loading shouldn't make the box hang or freeze though....
    If not using both sat tuners then one of them has to be set to not configured as I was informed a page or two back

The same goes for the terrestrial tuner, if you're not using it set it as not configured or else the box will hang.

The same goes for the terrestrial tuner, if you're not using it set it as not configured or else the box will hang.

The Techguy's image seems way more stable that Hyperion. Whats the benefit of using Hyperion over Techguys image?

It seems to have all the same plugs etc.

Regards,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm seriously thinking of one of these.
    https://abel.tv/optimuss-os1-plus-hd-dvb-s-2-linux-schwarz.html#.VazBass1iBZ
    149€ and Postage only 12, wifi dongle thrown in. This is the plus version, 1.3 Ghz processor, a Gig of memory and Enigma factory loaded. I'd have to move forums though! Anyone any experience?

Wow ,thats a good find indeed deezell.
    Thats a very impressive receiver ,twin sat tuner,1.3Ghz CPU,1GB of Ram and capable of taking an internal hard drive.
    It seems to be the same receiver as the OS2+ ,which costs 225 euro but its missing the Common Interface and doesn't have a front display which are only small issues.

Hardware wise its as good a receiver as the Solo 2, and the Technomate Nano 2 Super but I'm not sure what the software side is like.
    The Techguy's image seems way more stable that Hyperion. Whats the benefit of using Hyperion over Techguys image?

The Techguy is Freshpots previous username I think.
    His image is a backup of a Hyperion image but it has been tweaked and configured for novices like yourself so its easier to use.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Regards,
    BobbyT28

I can't comment on Tech guys image because I've never tried it! From the images I have tried Zardoz one caused me the least amount of issues and its very stable if you reboot regularly.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, where exactly do you turn off terrestrial tuner?
    Never touched mine, although I only use sat feeds, and never a problem?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Wow ,thats a good find indeed deezell.
    Thats a very impressive receiver ,twin sat tuner,1.3Ghz CPU,1GB of Ram and capable of taking an internal hard drive.
    It seems to be the same receiver as the OS2+ ,which costs 225 euro but its missing the Common Interface and doesn't have a front display which are only small issues.

Hardware wise its as good a receiver as the Solo 2, and the Technomate Nano 2 Super but I'm not sure what the software side is like.
    I think it comes with OPENATV, But as it's a factory install it should be well tweaked. It is identical as far as I can tell to the two receivers you mention,, but Edision are a good brand, I've had three Edisions , the Argus mini, and 2 mini combinations, two now farmed out to relatives. They're all working away perfectly after almost five years. Also, with the Edision OS series, for terrestrial reception there's a USB dvb-t tuner. This could be capable of on board transcoding with the right software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone have a updated rats plugin and picons its not my image thanks

Search this thread, it's a few pages back if you have the ability to add them with dreambox edit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

You'll always find the latest here

You'll always find the latest here
    ya im registered with them but wont let me download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Takes 30 secs

Try this direct link. http://www.satelliteworldz.co.uk/rats/dwpicons.zip

is this the latest

oh ya also need the plugin too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Hi guys

Did a few manual frequency changes through Dreamboxedit to get a few channels I lost this week (Racing UK,Setanta and the other changes to some international channels etc) so all the channels are working fine. However, the EPG data is not populating for these changes until you actually go in and click to view one of the channels(see attached pic). When this is done, you can then scroll down through the other channels on the same freq and they will then populate without having to go in and view them. Manual changes always worked for me, BT Sports was only done last week and the EPG comes up for that no problems.

I tried:
    • Deleting epg.dat and downloading again
    • Updating providers
    • Checking epg configured correctly
    • Putting rats satellite.xml file instead of mine
    • Replacing my entire bouquets and listings with rats one

So when I put rats entire folder in the channels were showing the epg data no problem so that means the data is there but not showing when my bouquets is in. Obviously I'd like to keep my custom bouquet layout and have the epg coming up automatically so what am I missing here? I compared the details for some of the channels on mine to rats and through KingofSat and everything was the same except for the transponder ID. I changed these on mine to match but it still makes no change.And I'm a bit confused by the fact I've done this a couple of times before just changing frequencies and the EPG data didn't have any problem like this, it just continued to show up as normal.

I noticed from another thread about a similar issue and it was pointed that it could be an epg.dat overlap and to delete it and redownload from crossepg(which I've tried) or to download from indivdual(which I've tried) with no luck.

I tried deleting epg.dat again this morning and the first time the channels had no epg details so I went through the motions and downloaded again etc

However then when I was deleteing epg.dat and the folder, after a restart the epg.dat and folder are reappearing in HDD even before I get a chance to download again and all the channels (except my problem ones) are populated with info as soon as the box comes on. I disabled force reload on boot and it was still happening.

I got around the epg.dat restoring from memory by using telnet and init 3 to stop enigma, delete epg and then init 6 to restart (most places said init 3 but it seemed to do nothing for me, init 6 worked quick)

The transponder with ComedyCentral on it seems to be populating OK now but these three attached ones and their channels are still showing up as described above(which kinda suggests that the ComedyCentral one fixed itself rather than me doing anything because if I had changed it then all the channels should be back to normal)

I've checked around flash and HDD and can't see any other epg data that could be overlapping so think I'm out of ideas!Only a small problem really as the channels are viewable and listings come up when you zap into them but it's frustrating not being able to get to the bottom of it!

anyone have the rats latest plugin to install please thanks

dav32cs wrote: »
    Hi guys

Did a few manual frequency changes through Dreamboxedit to get a few channels I lost this week (Racing UK,Setanta and the other changes to some international channels etc) so all the channels are working fine. However, the EPG data is not populating for these changes until you actually go in and click to view ................

Lots of info, one thing I noticed, you didn't rescan the new channels from the box, rather , you used DBedit to change their file entry? Try scanning the new TPs and have a look at the resulting channels in "Last Scanned" to see if they have EPG. Do an EPG download after the scan as well perhaps.

Lots of info, one thing I noticed, you didn't rescan the new channels from the box, rather , you used DBedit to change their file entry? Try scanning the new TPs and have a look at the resulting channels in "Last Scanned" to see if they have EPG. Do an EPG download after the scan as well perhaps.
    hi have u rats latest plugin please deezel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

For the last week or so I've been experiencing a problem where the picture on Saorview channels randomly freezes every few minutes (and the sound stops). Changing channel and then changing back temporarily corrects it, but it will then freeze again. This is on a Sab Triple tuner running Zardoz's Hyperion image.

It only seems to affect Saorview channels, Freesat is working fine. I tried an automatic retuning of the terrestrial channels, but this hasn't helped.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

anyone have the rats latest plugin to install please thanks

Lots of plugins are available here in the file repository I maintain
    Here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/exzuattrkvu15u8/AABKph82qeWMw6Odzqnpw5LRa?dl=0

and here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa?dl=0

cheers zardoz ur a legend..is there a way to update this

also where do i need to install this thanks

hi have u rats latest plugin please deezel
    have'nt downloaded in a while, and I never installed the updater plugin,I just download the picons file and merge it with the one on the box using DCC.

• Advertisement

have'nt downloaded in a while, and I never installed the updater plugin,I just download the picons file and merge it with the one on the box using DCC.
    do i install this in extensions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement