Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

guys how do i update to the latest rats plugin as some of my picons are mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

guys how do i update to the latest rats plugin as some of my picons are mixed up.

Follow this.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=4392

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Kalyke wrote: »

Yes. So long as the ipk is compatible with the box.

Kalyke wrote: »

Rat's site says that it should work with any Enigma2 image. An ipk file is just a compressed archive, the files it contain may be just documents, data, universal Linux scripts that will operate on any box that can interpret the particular set of Linux used. It's only binary or executable program files than demand a particular processor, as the original code is compiled to instructions interpreted by the processor. The Edision OS series use Broadcom processors which are different than the one in the AA2, so core stuff like images are not interchangeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

deezell wrote: »
    Lots of info, one thing I noticed, you didn't rescan the new channels from the box, rather , you used DBedit to change their file entry? Try scanning the new TPs and have a look at the resulting channels in "Last Scanned" to see if they have EPG. Do an EPG download after the scan as well perhaps.

I had kind of looked past the scan because when I had done it at first these problem channels were showing up in grey and not being able to be selected so that's why I updated them manually through DBE. I completely forgot to check against this in All though, so they were showing there(but with no EPG data) but would go into viewing. I've loaded the files from box to DBE after the scan and manually deleted the 'grey' ones from my bouquets on the right(which are highlighted in blue on DBE and saying something along the lines of them being a subservice and there is no info attached to them)and replaced them with their matches from the complete services list on the left. Sent this to box, still missing one or two info,so redownloaded EPG and all back to normal with no gaps now.

Thanks for the help!

dav32cs wrote: »
    I had kind of looked past the scan because when I had done it at first these problem channels were showing up in grey and not being able to be selected so that's why I updated them manually through DBE. I completely forgot to check against this in All though, so they were showing there(but with no EPG data) but would go into viewing. I've loaded the files from box to DBE after the scan and manually deleted the 'grey' ones from my bouquets on the right(which are highlighted in blue on DBE and saying something along the lines of them being a subservice and there is no info attached to them)and replaced them with their matches from the complete services list on the left. Sent this to box, still missing one or two info,so redownloaded EPG and all back to normal with no gaps now.

Thanks for the help!

Yea, afree your post I checked and I was missing comedy central, signal and epg, so a scan of the astra 2g frequencies followed by nightly epg download restored all. Have to move them to bouquet later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hi,
    I am looking for a bit of a favour. Due to all the channel changes recently my bouquets and channels are in a bit of a mess, and I cant seem to find my backup of my bouquets that I created using DreamBoxEDIT.

Would anybody kindly share their DreamboxEDIT backup with me and I can then point my STB to this backup suing DremboxEDIT.

THANK YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

gizmo555 wrote: »
    For the last week or so I've been experiencing a problem where the picture on Saorview channels randomly freezes every few minutes (and the sound stops). Changing channel and then changing back temporarily corrects it, but it will then freeze again. This is on a Sab Triple tuner running Zardoz's Hyperion image.

It only seems to affect Saorview channels, Freesat is working fine. I tried an automatic retuning of the terrestrial channels, but this hasn't helped.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Does this happen when recording other channels? Or just during normal viewing?
    Is it happening on MUX 1 and MUX 2 channels?( rte 1 and rte 2)
    Happening on SD channels?
    Happen while time shifting /paused TV?
    Have you tried clearing the cache (think there may a cacheflushe plugin with Zardoz's backup. When pixelating, go to the pludin and run. See if that has an immediate effect)
    Check if your signal strength is good.(check to see if you have tuned to the correct tower in your area. You may be between areas and are tuned to the weaker signal)
    Have a look at all your tuned terrestrial channel list and see if there are multiple instances of the channels epg rte 1 x2 (press the OK button to bring up the channel list, then press the red button to enter the "all" channels , then press whatever coloured button to show only the terrestrial channels)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Slevster wrote: »
    Does this happen when recording other channels? Or just during normal viewing?

Just during normal viewing.
    Is it happening on MUX 1 and MUX 2
    channels?( rte 1 and rte 2)

Yes (these are the Saorview ones I'd most often be watching anyway).
    Happening on SD channels?

No that I've noticed, but then as I say, I'm mainly watching RTE1 HD if I'm watching a Saorview channel
    Happen while time shifting /paused TV?

No.
    Have you tried clearing the cache (think there may a cacheflushe plugin with Zardoz's backup. When pixelating, go to the pludin and run. See if that has an immediate effect)

I haven't but I will (just to be clear, the picture isn't pixelated in any way - just frozen).
    Check if your signal strength is good.(check to see if you have tuned to the correct tower in your area. You may be between areas and are tuned to the weaker signal)

Have a look at all your tuned terrestrial channel list and see if there are multiple instances of the channels epg rte 1 x2 (press the OK button to bring up the channel list, then press the red button to enter the "all" channels , then press whatever coloured button to show only the terrestrial channels)

Will do.

Thanks! I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ac2000

Hi,
    Can anyone tell if the Alien Mini runs the same enigma 2 image as the Alien 1?
    Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

ac2000 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks in advance!

Alien mini? Post a link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hi,
    Thanks in advance!

Yes it does indeed.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes it does indeed.

Thanks Zardoz!

Thanks Zardoz!

No bother
    I have a recent backup for the Alien 1 btw if you are interested
    Its Hyperion 4.5
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrebpmrcfotpkjs/AABdlKi29vezpPQ58fkCqCiea?dl=0

No bother
    Its Hyperion 4.5
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrebpmrcfotpkjs/AABdlKi29vezpPQ58fkCqCiea?dl=0
    whats new in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

That's for the alien 1 alan

Imstuck wrote: »
    That's for the alien 1 alan
    i know i have that box

wont work

Sorry to hear that, there were a number of ipk install methods in the link. I avoid additional plugins to keep memory free, just add the picons to the existing folder.

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, there were a number of ipk install methods in the link. I avoid additional plugins to keep memory free, just add the picons to the existing folder.
    ok thanks

whats new in this one

I added a few extra plugins like Rats Channel Updater and Picons Updater.
    Added Sky Skin ,TSMedia, updated Mediaportal and made a few other small changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nice_day

Hi

I'm new to Enigma2 and Free to Air tv etc. I've been reading this and other threads for weeks now and I'm beginning to get the hang of it. But it's a cruel mistress and issues keep arising. I'm hoping someone may be able to answer some of these questions. I'm running OpenATV 4.5 on an Amiko Alien 2.

1. A terrestrial scan often yields very different results. I'm not getting RTE1HD at all. Sometimes the terrestrial channels appear blanked out. On DreamboxEdit or DCC, can I manually tune RTE1HD?

2. I'm not sure I have the satelite channels configured right either, as I can't record one station and watch another. In 'tuner configuration' they're both set up. But I may have the wrong settings somewhere. Hoping someone may have a screenshot of correct config.

3. I've given up on permanent timeshift as it just makes the STB far too unstable. Are there any specific plugins that are recommended for recording?

4. I've to get a new hard drive for recording. To maximise stability, is there a limit to the size of a hard drive? Is is okay to have one that's powered through the USB?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

nice_day wrote: »
    Hi

I'm new to Enigma2 and Free to Air tv etc. I've been reading this and other threads for weeks now and I'm beginning to get the hang of it. But it's a cruel mistress and issues keep arising. I'm hoping someone may be able to answer some of these questions. I'm running OpenATV 4.5 on an Amiko Alien 2.

1. A terrestrial scan often yields very different results. I'm not getting RTE1HD at all. Sometimes the terrestrial channels appear blanked out. On DreamboxEdit or DCC, can I manually tune RTE1HD?

2. I'm not sure I have the satelite channels configured right either, as I can't record one station and watch another. In 'tuner configuration' they're both set up. But I may have the wrong settings somewhere. Hoping someone may have a screenshot of correct config.

3. I've given up on permanent timeshift as it just makes the STB far too unstable. Are there any specific plugins that are recommended for recording?

4. I've to get a new hard drive for recording. To maximise stability, is there a limit to the size of a hard drive? Is is okay to have one that's powered through the USB?

Thanks in advance.

Just a few things which I hope will help you;

When doing a terrestrial scan, RTE1 HD doesn't appear as RTE1 HD, it just appears as RTE 1 in the channel listing, the channel will be RTE1 HD though.

Do you have two cables running into the AA2 from your dish? To be able to record and watch a different channel at the same time, you'll need two cables running from your dish to the AA2.

I'm not familiar with OpenATV but you can set a timer to record or hit the record button when watching a channel to record it. Permanent timeshift is the equivalent of pausing live TV.

I've a usb powered HD (Samsung) with my AA2 and I don't have any issues. I don't know if there is an optimum size but 1TB is plenty for my needs.

I added a few extra plugins like Rats Channel Updater and Picons Updater.
    Added Sky Skin ,TSMedia, updated Mediaportal and made a few other small changes.
    might try this one cheers

No bother
    Its Hyperion 4.5

Thanks! I'm using your Alien 2 backup, very reliable, never had a problem.

Is oscam setup on the Alien 1 backup?

Thanks! I'm using your Alien 2 backup, very reliable, never had a problem.

Is oscam setup on the Alien 1 backup?
    yes it is

Hi,
    I am looking for a bit of a favour. Due to all the channel changes recently my bouquets and channels are in a bit of a mess, and I cant seem to find my backup of my bouquets that I created using DreamBoxEDIT.

Would anybody kindly share their DreamboxEDIT backup with me and I can then point my STB to this backup suing DremboxEDIT.

THANK YOU.

Here
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7wkc8ctooz1nnd/Channels%20lists.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hey folks I heard setanta is available in Hd, anyone on here got it and know the frequency please?

• Advertisement

how.gareth wrote: »
    Hey folks I heard setanta is available in Hd, anyone on here got it and know the frequency please?
    11225 V 27500

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement