Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

OpenATV has it's own version of CrossEPG built in, not a separate plugin like the others

Unless something has changed recently, you need to install Crossepg from plugins feeds in OpenATV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭championc

If you were to post that image without autobouqets, you'd be right at the top of my Christmas card list! Thanks in advance!

PM sent - in the hope of being added to your Christmas Card list !!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

championc wrote: »

I'd be interested in that too please Santa. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

championc wrote: »

Much obliged!

Looking forward to giving it a lash this evening, will post how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Ah, nuts!

Well, thanks a lot ChampC for taking the effort to share your image without Autobouqets but it just doesn't want to happen :( Here's the green screen I'm getting at boot up, any ideas what might be the offender?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/48785/317662.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Ah, nuts!

Well, thanks a lot ChampC for taking the effort to share your image without Autobouqets but it just doesn't want to happen :( Here's the green screen I'm getting at boot up, any ideas what might be the offender?

From a quick google of the error

Looks like it possibly be
    Extensions/WebInterface failed to load: No module named plugin
    Plugin probably removed, but not cleanly in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/WebInterface

Hopefully this will make more sense to champ than it does to me :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if your enigma 2 is having issues set up spark and have it as your back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone that's running hyperion 4 notice that the front display is extremely dim? I can barely see mine. Running the image on an ordinary AA2. Think it could be an issue with the box. If anyone could suggest a fix or plugin it would be much appreciated. Thanks

hallo dare wrote: »
    Anyone that's running hyperion 4 notice that the front display is extremely dim? I can barely see mine. Running the image on an ordinary AA2. Think it could be an issue with the box. If anyone could suggest a fix or plugin it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Been running hyper 4 for a while now have not seen any reduction in brightness as yet
    if you switch to spark does the display work or is it dim in spark indicating a hardware fault ?
    cheers
    J

It's brighter in spark but not by a whole lot, still hard to view. I think it's the box.

• Advertisement

Seems your not the only one
    seen a post #34 in the 7162 & spark thread on here and also on the linux sat support site
    where the vFD is failing looks like a hardware issue
    is your box still under warranty ?

Last option would be if you were in any way good with a screwdriver you may be able to dissasemble the box and replace the VFD with one from ebay as its unlikley the display was only made for the amiko box

Could also be an assembly issue cant find any pictures of the inside of an AA2 to see if the vfd is on a seperate board
    could be loose or somethin daft like that
    Bummer

Yeah, i opened it this morning, there's a board just behind the vfd with ribbon cable running to another board on the box itself. Out of warranty at this stage, may just try ebay or somewhere and order a new display. Hope it's not too expensive!

EDIT: just checked ebay, no parts. Contacted amiko via email, so will wait ti see if they can supply the part.

Yeah, i opened it this morning, there's a board just behind the vfd with ribbon cable running to another board on the box itself. Out of warranty at this stage, may just try ebay or somewhere and order a new display. Hope it's not too expensive!

if you get a chance to take some piccies of it and any model numbers
    I could have a look also if it helps

Technofobe wrote: »
    if you get a chance to take some piccies of it and any model numbers
    I could have a look also if it helps

Cool, will get at it

Cool, will get at it

maybe somewhere like this crowd
    noritake-vfd.com

Here's a few pics.

Here's a few pics.

could be 1 of them capacitors going duff how are your soldering skills
    If you havent put it back togeather you could take some closeups of the caps
    they would be cheap as chips on fleabay

could be 1 of them capacitors going duff how are your soldering skills
    If you havent put it back togeather you could take some closeups of the caps
    they would be cheap as chips on fleabay

Seems like a heap of hassle me thinks! I've just now contacted where i go it from, but i have it over a year, so i doubt they'll entertain the issue. Wl have a look late today and see.

Seems like a heap of hassle me thinks! I've just now contacted where i go it from, but i have it over a year, so i doubt they'll entertain the issue. Wl have a look late today and see.
    Yep cant do any harm would be great if they would sell you a new board or even put you on to somewhere that sells them

The display looks good from the picture
    see the spot like a smudge in the top right hand corner near the red led this is the built in indicator that the vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) is good if it was white it would be fecked

Taken from a wiki
    Fading is sometimes a problem with VFD displays. Light output drops over time due to falling emission and reduction of phosphor efficiency. How quickly and how far this falls depends on the construction and operation of the VFD. In some equipment, loss of VFD output can render the equipment inoperable.

Emission may usually be restored by raising filament voltage. Thirty-three percent voltage boost can rectify moderate fade, and 66% boost severe fade. This can make the filaments visible in use, though the usual green-blue VFD filter helps reduce any such red or orange light from the filament.

Some people would get great fun out of trying to fix that
    keep them entertained for hours

You could maybe try mailing retailer's like tvtrade or swords satelite
    see if the have any broken AA2's that have come back
    they might sell you a board as I dont think it would be worth their while sending them back to china

Yep cant do any harm would be great if they would sell you a new board or even put you on to somewhere that sells them

The display looks good from the picture
    see the spot like a smudge in the top right hand corner near the red led this is the built in indicator that the vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) is good if it was white it would be fecked

Taken from a wiki
    Fading is sometimes a problem with VFD displays. Light output drops over time due to falling emission and reduction of phosphor efficiency. How quickly and how far this falls depends on the construction and operation of the VFD. In some equipment, loss of VFD output can render the equipment inoperable.

Emission may usually be restored by raising filament voltage. Thirty-three percent voltage boost can rectify moderate fade, and 66% boost severe fade. This can make the filaments visible in use, though the usual green-blue VFD filter helps reduce any such red or orange light from the filament.

Some people would get great fun out of trying to fix that
    keep them entertained for hours

You could maybe try mailing retailer's like tvtrade or swords satelite
    see if the have any broken AA2's that have come back
    they might sell you a board as I dont think it would be worth their while sending them back to china

True true! Just got word back rom retailer, new board supplied is only E20,but thet also said they'd sooner look at the box as it may be a different issue. Interesting. They wouldn't elaborate anymore than that.

• Advertisement

True true! Just got word back rom retailer, new board supplied is only E20,but thet also said they'd sooner look at the box as it may be a different issue. Interesting. They wouldn't elaborate anymore than that.

For €20 I would take a chance and get a new board as it would cost more than that to post it back

Just out of curiosity
    How old is your box and do you leave it on all the time
    what kind of standby do you do do you shut it down or just false stand by with the display on
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

And you wouldn't expect them to either! Personally you are safer getting it repaired by them if you don't know EXACTLY what the problem is and how to fix it.

cyndale wrote: »
    And you wouldn't expect them to either!.

Why? If it's something that they are aware of and is a handy fix I'd like to know instead of having to bring it with me to Dublin someday, when it could possibly be fixed on the kitchen table.

Fair enough it's probably a handy €50 for them, but it would be nice to know if this is some sort of common issue that may happen to many a receiver.

For €20 I would take a chance and get a new board as it would cost more than that to post it back

Just out of curiosity
    How old is your box and do you leave it on all the time
    what kind of standby do you do do you shut it down or just false stand by with the display on
    :-)

Yeah the chap said to just call into the shop the next time i'm in Dublin and he'll do a swap out straight away, so not so bad.

My box is just over a year old, and i leave it on false standby every night. It's never off off. Maybe it burned itself out????? who knows!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anybody any ideas on how to get the hard drive I have connected to my amiko box working again? I'm using the PKTeam image for the last two months. Everything has been working fine until this morning.

I turned on the box and pressed play to get to my HDD folders so I could watch some shows I had recorded and downloaded. Nothing was appearing, only the internal memory folder. I have rebooted and restarted but still nothing. I have a rake of movies and shows on it that I have yet to watch.

Just wondering if anything can be done to get the hard drive back working? I have connected a couple of usb sticks and they are all working.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

gazzer wrote: »
    Anybody any ideas on how to get the hard drive I have connected to my amiko box working again? I'm using the PKTeam image for the last two months. Everything has been working fine until this morning.

I turned on the box and pressed play to get to my HDD folders so I could watch some shows I had recorded and downloaded. Nothing was appearing, only the internal memory folder. I have rebooted and restarted but still nothing. I have a rake of movies and shows on it that I have yet to watch.

Just wondering if anything can be done to get the hard drive back working? I have connected a couple of usb sticks and they are all working.

Thanks in advance

Try formatting it on your pc

Try formatting it on your pc

Would I not lose everything though doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Would I not lose everything though doing that?

Yes, If it mounts ok, back it up to your pc first then copy back after
    http://www.ext2fsd.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks in advance
    Can you see the files on your hdd in filezilla? If so copy them over to your laptop and format the hdd.

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Can you see the files on your hdd in filezilla? If so copy them over to your laptop and format the hdd.

No. The HDD is not showing on Filezilla:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement