Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    11225 V 27500

Cheers deezell spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Is there still an issue with tuning 2 muxes in for terrestrial channels on Hyperion 4.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

zefer wrote: »
    Is there still an issue with tuning 2 muxes in for terrestrial channels on Hyperion 4.5?

What issue was that?

What issue was that?

That you can only tune in 1 mux (so say mux1 which has rte2, tv3, 3e etc) and then when you try to tune in mux2 (that would have rte1 etc) nothing tunes in..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

zefer wrote: »

Ive not had that problem. Just tune in a muxl, move from last scanned to your favourites,, then tune in the other without clearing the first. Have you the right frequencies for the channels/ muxes in your area?

• Advertisement

Ive not had that problem. Just tune in a muxl, move from last scanned to your favourites,, then tune in the other without clearing the first. Have you the right frequencies for the channels/ muxes in your area?

Tried that, just doesn't find anything on 2nd scan. Will have another go in the morning.
    Yup, have the right details alright and it works fine on open atv..
    I vaguely remember it being an issue on one of the images before (can't remember which one)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

I'm always afraid to post on these topics in case I post in the wrong thread so hopefully I got the right one.

I'm having trouble with my Enigma image in the last few weeks on my Alien II box. It has started taking ages to boot up from cold boot (my parents like to turn everything off at night).

The sound has also started stuttering but is ok after a reboot.

Should I look for an upgrade of the enigma firmware as I tried updating it through the interface but nothing happened. My guess is that I need to update it through spark but that probably means losing all my settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

rb25 wrote: »
    I'm always afraid to post on these topics in case I post in the wrong thread so hopefully I got the right one.

I'm having trouble with my Enigma image in the last few weeks on my Alien II box. It has started taking ages to boot up from cold boot (my parents like to turn everything off at night).

Should I look for an upgrade of the enigma firmware as I tried updating it through the interface but nothing happened. My guess is that I need to update it through spark but that probably means losing all my settings?

I've had issues before with stuttering sound but upgraded the image and haven't had issues since... which image are you using??

Dpjmie

dpjmie wrote: »
    which image are you using??

@dpjmie I'm using Enigma (not sure which version) but I originally installed it back at the end of 2014. I am really confused as to how to find the latest image for enigma because it seems to be buried in the other thread for images so not sure what I need to do to find it, back up my settings and then install the updated/newer image.

@dpjmie I'm using Enigma (not sure which version) but I originally installed it back at the end of 2014. I am really confused as to how to find the latest image for enigma because it seems to be buried in the other thread for images so not sure what I need to do to find it, back up my settings and then install the updated/newer image.

The image I'm using is from the other thread, its uploaded by fresh pots so hats off to him/her and is a pkteam distribution... the link to download the image is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d53blz00ve3lj60/AADuKnUY3BiJecsl5TLcLvwca?dl=0. if you run into issues upgrading or need anything, send me a pm sure

dpjmie

• Advertisement

The image I'm using is from the other thread, its uploaded by fresh pots so hats off to him/her and is a pkteam distribution... the link to download the image is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d53blz00ve3lj60/AADuKnUY3BiJecsl5TLcLvwca?dl=0. if you run into issues upgrading or need anything, send me a pm sure

dpjmie

Is there a way to back up my current settings or do I need to? Presumably the image wipes out everything and is a backup from somebody else box that puts everything from their box onto mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I remember something similar happening to my, I had resolution set to 1080p, after setting it back to 720p the issue seemed to go away. Could be a total red herring but that seemed to do the trick for me.

Is there a way to back up my current settings or do I need to? Presumably the image wipes out everything and is a backup from somebody else box that puts everything from their box onto mine.

Im not sure if the settings are transferrable from image type to image type... best solution would be screenshots of the configurations and just reset them up on the new image... introducing the old settings could possibly create the same issue on the new image (not necessarily but just a guess)

dpjmie

@dpjmie I installed that image you linked to but now the skins I had before are all gone. I did have access to OpenATV skin (I think it was called) and a few others.

Is it possible to install skins into this image otherwise the old folks here won't know how to use it.

@dpjmie I installed that image you linked to but now the skins I had before are all gone. I did have access to OpenATV skin (I think it was called) and a few others.

Is it possible to install skins into this image otherwise the old folks here won't know how to use it.

If you press menu and go to plugin browser, press green to download plugins and scroll down to skins... there are a lot in there so choose the one your lookin for

Dpjmie

Box/Menues seem snappier now but when I installed the original image back 6+ months ago it seems snappy too but menu speed degraded over time.

And one last question (hopefully) - the auto bouquets in this image seem to have BBC / english channels first in the list. The previous image had RTE channels.

The Irish channels do not seem to be tuned in at all.

How do I get back to the Irish channels up top of this list?

Box/Menues seem snappier now but when I installed the original image back 6+ months ago it seems snappy too but menu speed degraded over time.

And one last question (hopefully) - the auto bouquets in this image seem to have BBC / english channels first in the list. The previous image had RTE channels.

The Irish channels do not seem to be tuned in at all.

How do I get back to the Irish channels up top of this list?

By default the bouquets in that image is set to UK... if you press menu and go to autobouquets and press menu again, change the local area to republic of Ireland it should sort out your problems... alternative is to add.only the stations the folks use to the favourites bouquet which is much easier for my folks to use...

Dpjmie

One problem with this image seems to be that my wifi dongle is not detected. There seems to be no way to scan for plugged in devices like the wifi. It is currently set to LAN connection and is not editable.

One problem with this image seems to be that my wifi dongle is not detected. There seems to be no way to scan for plugged in devices like the wifi. It is currently set to LAN connection and is not editable.

unfortunately, that is something i know nothing about as i use a lan cable for my box, I'm sure you should be able to telnet in, and install the correct drivers (they are probably just not installed) and fix the problem... for myself this is the best image i have used and works perfectly for streaming nd all...

dpjmie

It's definitely the best image as regards speed that I have used. The wifi is a must for me though as the box is not near the router so no cabling. :/

• Advertisement

It's definitely the best image as regards speed that I have used. The wifi is a must for me though as the box is not near the router so no cabling. :/

What is the make nd model of the wifi dongle??

What is the make nd model of the wifi dongle??

Not sure. It just one of those tiny ones that I got for use a Raspberry Pi. It has no markings on it except the type of signal it supports -> 802.11n

Tried to attached an image of it.

wifidongle_enigma2.jpeg

Not sure. It just one of those tiny ones that I got for use a Raspberry Pi. It has no markings on it except the type of signal it supports -> 802.11n

Tried to attached an image of it.

wifidongle_enigma2.jpeg

ahh ok, if you have a linux based computer you can used ifconfig -all which should tell you the chipset of the wlan adapter, if you find out what it is, you could manually install the drivers, restart and it should be recognised (the box is basically a mini linux pc) other than that, id suggest grabbing the old image you were using, or the only other option would be to get the lan adaptor plugs like http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Set-200-MBPS-Powerline-Adapter-Twin-Pack-Kit-Homeplug-Networking-Technomate-/261393839420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3cdc49753c

dpjmie

ahh ok, if you have a linux based computer you can used ifconfig -all which should tell you the chipset of the wlan adapter, if you find out what it is, you could manually install the drivers, restart and it should be recognised (the box is basically a mini linux pc) other than that, id suggest grabbing the old image you were using, or the only other option would be to get the lan adaptor plugs like http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Set-200-MBPS-Powerline-Adapter-Twin-Pack-Kit-Homeplug-Networking-Technomate-/261393839420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3cdc49753c

dpjmie

I could manually install but I can't connect it. I'll get one of those power line adapters.

Managed to get Wifi working. What's the FTP username and password for this image? I tried root and root.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Using the openpli image by pkteam. Think it's freshpots image. Not sure.
    Looking to set up a chron job so that it reboots every night. On a previous image it was very easy through an app on the image to set this.
    Cant find it on this. Would prefer a gui interface than telnetting in.
    Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Hi
    Need some advice I'm running my AA2 using a HDMI cable through an Av amp but it seems I'm not getting Dolby digital 5.1 was wondering if I were to use an optical cable and run the AA2 sound would that solve my problem
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

gar wrote: »
    Using the openpli image by pkteam. Think it's freshpots image. Not sure.
    Looking to set up a chron job so that it reboots every night. On a previous image it was very easy through an app on the image to set this.
    Cant find it on this. Would prefer a gui interface than telnetting in.
    Any help appreciated

If you're using Hyperion I don't think there's a GUI way to schedule a reboot. Doing it via the command line (telnet) isn't too hard. Once you have telnetted in and are at the prompt type:

crontab -l

This will show you the list of scheduled jobs, mine had:

spark7162:~# crontab -l
    */5 * * * * sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

This is a job that runs every 5 mins to clear the cache I think, best not to touch this. To edit the scheduled jobs type:

crontab -e

You can then edit the file using the vi text editor, you might need to Google some tips for using vi.

My crontab looks like this at the moment:

spark7162:~# crontab -l
    */5 * * * * sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
    00 04 * * * shutdown
    55 03 * * * rm /media/hdd/crossepg/*

I have a job that clears out the crossepg files at 03:55 and then reboots the box at 04:00 ("shutdown" reboots rather than shutting down). Separately in the Enigma GUI I have crossepg set to update at 04:10 and then the box to go into standby after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Hi
    Need some advice I'm running my AA2 using a HDMI cable through an Av amp but it seems I'm not getting Dolby digital 5.1 was wondering if I were to use an optical cable and run the AA2 sound would that solve my problem
    Thanks

Have you played around with the settings in system setup (eg output to pcm?)
    If you are viewing something with 5.1 , but not getting it, have a play with the channel output, switch between mpeg and acc
    After that, is your amp set to detect Dolby ? Have you the amp set to pro logic by chance (which may not give 5.1 on some amps , as opposed to pro logic II , but I could be mistaken on that)

• Advertisement

Managed to get Wifi working. What's the FTP username and password for this image? I tried root and root.

ftp username is: root
    password is: pkteam

dpjmie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement