Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Lads,

Any idea how to get the proper FF and REW buttons working on the AA2 running OATV? Just to clarify, not the < & >, the ones marked FF & RW.

Can't seem to figure it out from menus so anyone figurded it out using keymapping and would they share the knowledge... Or even better the XML file?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Partymack wrote: »
    Lads,

Any idea how to get the proper FF and REW buttons working on the AA2 running OATV? Just to clarify, not the < & >, the ones marked FF & RW.

Can't seem to figure it out from menus so anyone figurded it out using keymapping and would they share the knowledge... Or even better the XML file?

Cheers.

Have a custom map which works for pli images. (Not at home atm, but if you search this thread or the firmware thread , for keymap attachment)
    May/may not work with opentv , but you could use it to alter/amend the opentv keymap

Slevster wrote: »
    Have a custom map which works for pli images. (Not at home atm, but if you search this thread or the firmware thread , for keymap attachment)
    May/may not work with opentv , but you could use it to alter/amend the opentv keymap
    Cheers Slvester,

Found your Keymapping file. I'll try it tonight on OATV.

you would not believe how many arguments this might save me!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Have you played around with the settings in system setup (eg output to pcm?)
    If you are viewing something with 5.1 , but not getting it, have a play with the channel output, switch between mpeg and acc
    After that, is your amp set to detect Dolby ? Have you the amp set to pro logic by chance (which may not give 5.1 on some amps , as opposed to pro logic II , but I could be mistaken on that)

Yeah I'm happy with the settings on my amp but when i go into the sound settings on my AA2 it's pretty limited in what i can do bar the PCM settings I'm using freshpots 4.5 image.

Cheers Slvester,

Found your Keymapping file. I'll try it tonight on OATV.

you would not believe how many arguments this might save me!
    Hey Slvester.

Tried the Keymapping file but it put OATV in bootloop. When I compared the OATV file with Yours the formatting was a bit different. Basically the content was in reverse

Thinking of using original OATV FILE as basis, making required edits and FTP back in.

Question is what are the lines I need to change? Seems the file is arranged with headings (infobar, media player etc). Can you advise wher you changed the file to map the FF and REW keys?

• Advertisement

Hey Slvester.

Tried the Keymapping file but it put OATV in bootloop. When I compared the OATV file with Yours the formatting was a bit different. Basically the content was in reverse

Thinking of using original OATV FILE as basis, making required edits and FTP back in.

Question is what are the lines I need to change? Seems the file is arranged with headings (infobar, media player etc). Can you advise wher you changed the file to map the FF and REW keys?

Am not familiar with oatv, but the following are the relevant lines from the map :

<map context="InfobarSeekActions">
    <key id="KEY_PAUSE" mapto="pauseService" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_PLAY" mapto="playpauseService" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_REWIND" mapto="seekBack" flags="b" />
    <key id="KEY_FASTFORWARD" mapto="seekFwd" flags="b" />
    <key id="KEY_REWIND" mapto="seekBackManual" flags="l" />
    <key id="KEY_FASTFORWARD" mapto="seekFwdManual" flags="l" />

<key id="KEY_LEFT" mapto="seekBack" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_RIGHT" mapto="seekFwd" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_OK" mapto="unPauseService" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_1" mapto="seekdef:1" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_3" mapto="seekdef:3" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_4" mapto="seekdef:4" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_6" mapto="seekdef:6" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_7" mapto="seekdef:7" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_9" mapto="seekdef:9" flags="m" />
    </map>

<map context="MediaPlayerSeekActions">

</map>

I just changed short press of ff or rw to seekfwd, or back and long press to ask for a minute jump. I.e the key_rewind and key_fastforward lines in both sections. However, i remember, when i first did it, i had to first create a blank xml file and copy and paste the code into it and save as . Because if i edited the orginal file and just saved the changes, it wouldnt taje effect for some reason.

Yeah I'm happy with the settings on my amp but when i go into the sound settings on my AA2 it's pretty limited in what i can do bar the PCM settings I'm using freshpots 4.5 image.

When you say that you aren't getting 5.1,do you mean that you aren't getting "Dolby Digital" on the broadcasts which support it (not that many really)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

When you say that you aren't getting 5.1,do you mean that you aren't getting "Dolby Digital" on the broadcasts which support it (not that many really)

Yeah not getting Dolby digital and yer right there's not that many of them broadcasting anyway.. I'll try an optical cable and see how that goes.. Thanks for help

Yeah not getting Dolby digital and yer right there's not that many of them broadcasting anyway.. I'll try an optical cable and see how that goes.. Thanks for help

Will keep an eye out for this. Hadn't noticed the lack of dd recently. Certainly, have had it on certain channels and broadcasts.
    I remember when I use to have sky, that a lot of the Disney channels used dd for a lot of their programmes . I wonder are there less dd broadcasts due to sat changes? Perhaps a new policy?
    (Having said that, I actually prefer when dd isn't used, allows more flexibility with your amp setup, to the point that I've often changed the output to pick up a different stream to the dd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Plenty are Dolby Digital, all Sky movie channels are

• Advertisement

Plenty are Dolby Digital, all Sky movie channels are

We wouldn't know anything about those channels, would we now!
    Will have to call into a mates and see what he gets though his sky subscription channels

After calling into my mates, to see what he is getting , try the following for dd:

Setup-System- a/v settings - audio settings = spdif
    And
    Auto language- prefer ac3 track - yes
    Saving as you go.
    See if that gives what you want in terms of audio. When on a channel which is with dd, ensure that you are on the ac3 audio stream (press the yellow button and select)

(However, may result in lag of audio when switching channels, unless audio fix has been applied. Check lag on BBC's. If I remember correctly, they were the channels where it lag was most evident )

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nice_day

Hoping someone may be able to help. I have openatv on my Alien2. All is set up fine, but a couple of times recently the following has happened. I turn on the box in the morning and all the satellite channels are gone. Irish channels are there but none of the UK - they are all greyed out.

So I go into tuner configuration and Tuner B: Tuner 1-Sat is now configured as Simple. When I put it back into Advanced, when I go to choose Satelite, none of the Astras appear, instead I can choose All Satelites 1/2/3/4 (USALS).

I think the last time a rescan fixed it. Wondering though why it would happen all of a sudded like that.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

@dpjmie I can FTP into the Alien now via FileZilla but when I try to download any of the plugins or update crossepg I get a bad address 'add.pkteam.pl' - Failed to download.

When I do a network test all is green and it seems to be able to get out to the internet.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Anyone notice that a load of channels don't appear when you do a satellite scan on 1 image compared to another? Hyperion 4.5 is the image I've noticed that channels not appearing/weaker signal.
    And some channels that do appear, the signal strength is much worse..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Cerdito wrote: »
    If you're using Hyperion I don't think there's a GUI way to schedule a reboot. Doing it via the command line (telnet) isn't too hard. Once you have telnetted in and are at the prompt type:

crontab -l

This will show you the list of scheduled jobs, mine had:

spark7162:~# crontab -l
    */5 * * * * sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

This is a job that runs every 5 mins to clear the cache I think, best not to touch this. To edit the scheduled jobs type:

crontab -e

You can then edit the file using the vi text editor, you might need to Google some tips for using vi.

My crontab looks like this at the moment:

00 04 * * * shutdown
    55 03 * * * rm /media/hdd/crossepg/*

I have a job that clears out the crossepg files at 03:55 and then reboots the box at 04:00 ("shutdown" reboots rather than shutting down). Separately in the Enigma GUI I have crossepg set to update at 04:10 and then the box to go into standby after that.

Ran the crontab - l but I get a message saying no such file or directory exists. Must be a different directory than where it thinks it is. Will try again when I have more time.

On another note the epg settings seem to reset to their default when I reset the box despite saving them... I think.
    Just a little annoying. Like when when I press OK on epg it zaps not zap and close.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭deezell

gar wrote: »
    Ran the crontab - l but I get a message saying no such file or directory exists. Must be a different directory than where it thinks it is. Will try again when I have more time.

On another note the epg settings seem to reset to their default when I reset the box despite saving them... I think.
    Just a little annoying. Like when when I press OK on epg it zaps not zap and close.

Thoughts?
    Both events sound like your storage is pointed to a different place than expected. Check to see if your crossepg is saved to hdd/media, not to flash or the USB. I recall the keymap problem, exact same thing, I wanted zap to exit as well as change, but the settings wouldn't 'stick' after a reboot until I properly mounted my disc partition as hdd and pointed cross there.. I never switch off, very occasionally reboot, and never delete crossepg folder, and it just keeps going. I've had to restart oscam once when it got in a twist, and sometimes lose network, but that's the fault of the wireless extender. I've Zardoz hyperion, and it's very stable.

Am not familiar with oatv, but the following are the relevant lines from the map :

<map context="InfobarSeekActions">
    <key id="KEY_PAUSE" mapto="pauseService" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_PLAY" mapto="playpauseService" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_LEFT" mapto="seekBack" flags="m" />
    <key id="KEY_RIGHT" mapto="seekFwd" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_OK" mapto="unPauseService" flags="m" />

</map>

<map context="MediaPlayerSeekActions">

</map>

I just changed short press of ff or rw to seekfwd, or back and long press to ask for a minute jump. I.e the key_rewind and key_fastforward lines in both sections. However, i remember, when i first did it, i had to first create a blank xml file and copy and paste the code into it and save as . Because if i edited the orginal file and just saved the changes, it wouldnt taje effect for some reason.
    Hey Slvester,

Thanks got all the help do far on this Keymapping stuff.

What program were you using to create/edit your XML fines by the way ?

I've copied the OATV file into NS Notepad but the formatting has compressed it all together and it's very hard to locate headings etc.

Just wondered whst your editor was

zefer wrote: »
    Anyone notice that a load of channels don't appear when you do a satellite scan on 1 image compared to another? Hyperion 4.5 is the image I've noticed that channels not appearing/weaker signal.
    And some channels that do appear, the signal strength is much worse..

Nobody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Nobody else?

I noticed this too but I put it down to the channels being there but not listed in the bouquet. When I used Dreamboxedit I was able to see all the channels and drop them into the bouquet. But on mine they don't necessarily show anything onscreen when I select the channel for viewing but do tune in when I scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

I've been using Zardoz's Hyperion V4.5 image since it was uploaded with no problems until now.

When it starts uploading Crossepg it stops about 5 seconds in and freezes. Checked all the usual stuff, plenty of space on USB, settings haven't changed at all. What gives?:confused:

Thoughts?

If I remeber correctly, I just used notepad originally (just changed view format) and downloaded xml editor from ms (I think that's whatbit is called, as not at laptop) however, if you use android, very easy to view/edit using something like es explorer. Can't speak for apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

cyndale wrote: »
    I've been using Zardoz's Hyperion V4.5 image since it was uploaded with no problems until now.

When it starts uploading Crossepg it stops about 5 seconds in and freezes. Checked all the usual stuff, plenty of space on USB, settings haven't changed at all. What gives?:confused:

Funnily I had the same problem a few days ago, delete all the epg files on the memory key (should be a whole folder full of miscellaneous epg.dat files) and then rerun the downloader and the epg should populate no bother, sorry If I didn't understand you right, I'm sleep deprived :)

dpjmie

rb25 wrote: »
    I noticed this too but I put it down to the channels being there but not listed in the bouquet. When I used Dreamboxedit I was able to see all the channels and drop them into the bouquet. But on mine they don't necessarily show anything onscreen when I select the channel for viewing but do tune in when I scan.

Hmmm, very odd.
    if I put open atv back on, all channels are there, so it isn't a satellite hardware issue.
    Even if I manually scan a frequency, it might find some channels but still might not tune anything in

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

dpjmie wrote: »
    Funnily I had the same problem a few days ago, delete all the epg files on the memory key (should be a whole folder full of miscellaneous epg.dat files) and then rerun the downloader and the epg should populate no bother, sorry If I didn't understand you right, I'm sleep deprived :)

dpjmie

That's great! Will try it later on today.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hmmm, very odd.
    if I put open atv back on, all channels are there, so it isn't a satellite hardware issue.
    Even if I manually scan a frequency, it might find some channels but still might not tune anything in

I recall alanhiggy had the same issue a a good while back.
    He'd get a tune failed on certain channels on Hyperion but they worked fine on Openatv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    I recall alanhiggy had the same issue a a good while back.
    He'd get a tune failed on certain channels on Hyperion but they worked fine on Openatv.
    ya and still happening so am still on openatv.its a strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Thoughts?
    Hi,

You sure you're typing "crontab -l" i.e. no space between the dash and the 'l' (lower case "L")?

It will complain if you type crontab and then a file it doesn't recognise, like so:

spark7162:~# crontab
    BusyBox v1.22.1 (2014-05-17 22:08:20 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: crontab [-c DIR] [-u USER] [-ler]|[FILE]

-c Crontab directory
    -u User
    -l List crontab
    -e Edit crontab
    -r Delete crontab
    FILE Replace crontab by FILE ('-': stdin)

spark7162:~# crontab l
    crontab: can't open 'l': No such file or directory

00 04 * * * shutdown
    55 03 * * * rm /media/hdd/crossepg/*

ya and still happening so am still on openatv.its a strange one

I think it might be a hardware issue as I've put Hyperion on 2 boxes, 1 works no problem and 1 has this issue. My one is the older version of the gm triplex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

dpjmie wrote: »
    Funnily I had the same problem a few days ago, delete all the epg files on the memory key (should be a whole folder full of miscellaneous epg.dat files)...

Some people must have their crossepg setup differently than I do. I never have to clear out the crossepg folder on my attached USB key. Right now there is one epg.dat file and it is 3.8MB. I am getting a 7 day epg listing on the channels I watch and it isn't even set to run periodically. Maybe it's because I only view FTA channels on the box..

Flex

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement