Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I am just after buying a Sab Unix Triple which came pre-installed with E2. I had it working for a while but then decided to try out Zardoz Hyperion 4.5 E2 image.

I went through the procedure as defined on this thread (install plug-ins, boot box back into default Spark, then run upgrade plug-in, install E2 image from USB stick, re-set box, hold OK button, select ENIG and re-boot).

However, the box would not boot into E2 at all and all I had was a black screen (left it for 15 minutes). Going back to Spark worked the first time. I tried upgrading a second time with a different E2 image (Freshpots), same thing happened. And now after re-setting the box and trying to revert to the default Spark image, I am still getting a black screen so no now nothing is working!

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to fix this or is my box a dud?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I am just after buying a Sab Unix Triple which came pre-installed with E2. I had it working for a while but then decided to try out Zardoz Hyperion 4.5 E2 image.

I went through the procedure as defined on this thread (install plug-ins, boot box back into default Spark, then run upgrade plug-in, install E2 image from USB stick, re-set box, hold OK button, select ENIG and re-boot).

However, the box would not boot into E2 at all and all I had was a black screen (left it for 15 minutes). Going back to Spark worked the first time. I tried upgrading a second time with a different E2 image (Freshpots), same thing happened. And now after re-setting the box and trying to revert to the default Spark image, I am still getting a black screen so no now nothing is working!

Have you flashed via the back USB method?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭deezell

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Regarding Vix 4 E2 Project - I tried this out today ( upgraded from Spark ).
    The Sat Tuners were fine but I could not pull in anything on the Tuner A Terrestrial ? ?
    Any ideas ?
    Have I some configuration incorrect ?
    Works fine in Spark - I get all the Saorview channels but not on the above ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

Check that channel bandwidth is 8 Mhz, it may be defaulted to 7, a different standard

This thread and Nowso's posts for all things spark, recovery, flashing etc. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057246284

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

dominoman wrote: »
    Yes authentication is off. I also have all the players vlc etc installed. The one thing I am not sure about is the path on the STB, I will check tonight that the files are stored at media/hdd/movies.

My problem was that the movies directory did not exist and recording were being written to the root of the drive. Want a learning curve it was just to create a directory through the menus!!

• Advertisement

dominoman wrote: »
    My problem was that the movies directory did not exist and recording were being written to the root of the drive. Want a learning curve it was just to create a directory through the menus!!

Give us a quick rundown on how for the benefit of us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

just recently crossepg is showing up listings for good few channels.it is saved to usb drive but still no joy after re downloading.any ideas how to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

deezell wrote: »
    This thread and Nowso's posts for all things spark, recovery, flashing etc. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057246284

But in terms of successfully flashing an enigma image, I found that certain boxes/setups , are better off hard flashing using the rear USB port.
    Its another of the quirks of these boxes. Several posts on this thread talk of of failed or hanging boots, and often the solution is to reflash ,using the alternative method to the one originally tried.
    These boxes are full of oddities. Eg certain muxes not been able to be picked up on certain images. Picky about flash drives (eg when hard flashing my own box, I use a 2gb flash drive, as larger than a 4gb formated any which way wouldn't read, when flashing , but worked on other boxes)

Edit: should have read 4 GB

just recently crossepg is showing up listings for good few channels.it is saved to usb drive but still no joy after re downloading.any ideas how to fix it

You mean showing no listings? Like CBS, Horror, a few like that. Theres been some subtle frequency changes, E.G. CBS Drama is at 1134450 but on my service list it's listed as 1134300, still tuning in but no listing. Not at home at the mo, so just editied the service entry remotely, saved it, rebooted, and lo and behold it's now showing Now/Next information on WebIf EPG. probably get full EPG when Cross downloads. Check frequencies on your service list and compare with Kingofsat listings.

You mean showing no listings? Like CBS, Horror, a few like that. Theres been some subtle frequency changes, E.G. CBS Drama is at 1134450 but on my service list it's listed as 1134300, still tuning in but no listing. Not at home at the mo, so just editied the service entry remotely, saved it, rebooted, and lo and behold it's now showing Now/Next information on WebIf EPG. probably get full EPG when Cross downloads. Check frequencies on your service list and compare with Kingofsat listings.
    hi thanks ya all those channels.how do i fix it

• Advertisement

hi thanks ya all those channels.how do i fix it
    Autoboquets should do it, tho it moves it's list to the top of the epg, hence some don't like it. A full scan of astra 28.2. should update the service list, then the epg should return after a rerun of crossepg download. I prefer to just scan the new frequencies manually. You can check the found channels in last scanned, the service list should now contain the new tuning info for these channels, if they are replacements for old, and epg will return when cross downloads. Been meaning to do this myself.

Autoboquets should do it, tho it moves it's list to the top of the epg, hence some don't like it. A full scan of astra 28.2. should update the service list, then the epg should return after a rerun of crossepg download. I prefer to just scan the new frequencies manually. You can check the found channels in last scanned, the service list should now contain the new tuning info for these channels, if they are replacements for old, and epg will return when cross downloads. Been meaning to do this myself.
    cheers thanks

just ran autobouquetes and lot of channels were greyed out so went to using a backup which i saved and everything working again.think i need to a complete search?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mrbloop

I'm wondering that it did flash and boot successfully but you just had a black screen because you didn't scan in any channels yet!?

Press ok, then the blue button - to bring up the bouquet list(if it works). Go to Entertainment and select something like BBC1 and see if there is anything happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Two questions, I think I have installed Enigna, which I guess is the OS, how do I check I have Enigma and not spark

and re Image(s), how do I apply / install the image

Thx a Mil

PS is the front USB port the one to use for setting up the box

k123456 wrote: »
    Two questions, I think I have installed Enigna, which I guess is the OS, how do I check I have Enigma and not spark

and re Image(s), how do I apply / install the image

Thx a Mil

PS is the front USB port the one to use for setting up the box

Image is the term used for the OS.
    The look is always the same for Spark, but the look or the 'Skin' as it is called can vary for Enigma2.
    Which box do you have?
    If it is the Amiko Triple then you could use the following technique to load E2.

After downloading the desired E2 image from the internet, extract the downloaded .RAR or .ZIP file.
    This should result in two files , ‘e2jffs2.img’ and ‘ulmage’.
    Format a USB stick to FAT32 file system.
    Create a folder called ‘engima2’ on the USB stick (the folder name is case sensitive).
    Copy the two files into the newly created ‘enigma2’ folder on the USB stick.
    Disconnect the USB stick from your PC using the ‘remove the USB device safely’ option.

Now firstly, we need to put the receiver into Enigma2 mode.
    Power off you set-top box using the main power switch at the rear panel.
    While holding the OK button on the front panel, power on the receiver with the main power switch.
    When FORC appears on the display, release the OK button.
    Press and release the CH-(DOWN) button and ENIG should appear on the display.
    Press and release the OK button and the receiver will now switch to Enigma2 mode, starts loading and the stops (SUCC →BOOT).

Now to load the Enigma2 image.
    Power off the receiver again with the main power switch and connect the USB to the rear USB port.
    While holding the OK button, power on the receiver with the main power switch.
    This time, press and release the VOL+(RIGHT) button on the front panel. The receiver should start the upgrade of the E2 image from the USB stick.
    After the receiver finishes upgrading the E2 image, it will automatically reboot and start Enigma2.
    In my experience, this usually takes about 10 minutes.

Issues while Loading the E2 image
    The receiver might display ‘T TO or 7 70’ error message on the display. This means that the enigma2 image file cannot be read from the USB stick. Check the name of the file is correct and that the USB disk is formatted to FAT32. Reformat to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

mrbloop wrote: »
    Image is the term used for the OS.
    The look is always the same for Spark, but the look or the 'Skin' as it is called can vary for Enigma2.
    Which box do you have?
    If it is the Amiko Triple then you could use the following technique to load E2.

After downloading the desired E2 image from the internet, extract the downloaded .RAR or .ZIP file.
    This should result in two files , ‘e2jffs2.img’ and ‘ulmage’.
    Format a USB stick to FAT32 file system.
    Create a folder called ‘engima2’ on the USB stick (the folder name is case sensitive).
    Copy the two files into the newly created ‘enigma2’ folder on the USB stick.
    Disconnect the USB stick from your PC using the ‘remove the USB device safely’ option.

Now firstly, we need to put the receiver into Enigma2 mode.
    Power off you set-top box using the main power switch at the rear panel.
    While holding the OK button on the front panel, power on the receiver with the main power switch.
    Press and release the CH-(DOWN) button and ENIG should appear on the display.
    Press and release the OK button and the receiver will now switch to Enigma2 mode, starts loading and the stops (SUCC →BOOT).

Now to load the Enigma2 image.
    Power off the receiver again with the main power switch and connect the USB to the rear USB port.
    While holding the OK button, power on the receiver with the main power switch.
    This time, press and release the VOL+(RIGHT) button on the front panel. The receiver should start the upgrade of the E2 image from the USB stick.
    After the receiver finishes upgrading the E2 image, it will automatically reboot and start Enigma2.
    In my experience, this usually takes about 10 minutes.

Issues while Loading the E2 image
    The receiver might display ‘T TO or 7 70’ error message on the display. This means that the enigma2 image file cannot be read from the USB stick. Check the name of the file is correct and that the USB disk is formatted to FAT32. Reformat to be sure.

Hi I have the Amiko Alien 2+

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi I have the Amiko Alien 2+
    Yep, same thing!
    Any progress on getting it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I'm trying to upgrade to Zardos 4.5. When I'm in spark on the Enigma2 Update plugin, and I go to upgrade path I don't know how to set my path to my USB stick.

When I click into the plugin I see "Upgrade Path: /storage/c/". I then click "ok" and I see a menu with:
    ".." - click this option and I get a menu above that directory with just ".."
    "back_of_e2" - click this option and I get a menu in this directory that level with just ".."
    "pvr" - click this option and I get a menu in this directory that level with just ".."

I feel like an idiot, this seems fairly basic. Spark seems to recognise the USB stick in the menu HDD Format>Partition Manage

It seems the EPG of these channels has been discontinued in advance of their going full freeview on September 1st. They would have effectively dissappeared off the sky epg. They were part of the Talk Talk/Youview video on demand - freesat hybrid service, which utilised customised smart sat boxes. Wait till Sept 1st to see which channels in the CBS group is still there, CBS drama is one I believe, so it's epg will probably return.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to upgrade to Zardos 4.5. When I'm in spark on the Enigma2 Update plugin, and I go to upgrade path I don't know how to set my path to my USB stick.

When I click into the plugin I see "Upgrade Path: /storage/c/". I then click "ok" and I see a menu with:
    ".." - click this option and I get a menu above that directory with just ".."
    "back_of_e2" - click this option and I get a menu in this directory that level with just ".."
    "pvr" - click this option and I get a menu in this directory that level with just ".."

I feel like an idiot, this seems fairly basic. Spark seems to recognise the USB stick in the menu HDD Format>Partition Manage

It has been a while since I was on Spark but if memory serves me correctly once you have back_of_e2 or enigma2 highlighted look at the bottom of the screen. There should be coloured buttons with tasks associated with them. I think it might the green button to upgrade e2. i.e. press the green button on your remote to upgrade e2. Not 100% sure.

It seems the EPG of these channels has been discontinued in advance of their going full freeview on September 1st. They would have effectively dissappeared off the sky epg. They were part of the Talk Talk/Youview video on demand - freesat hybrid service, which utilised customised smart sat boxes. Wait till Sept 1st to see which channels in the CBS group is still there, CBS drama is one I believe, so it's epg will probably return.
    all the bt sports have no epg either

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

Give us a quick rundown on how for the benefit of us all.

Ok here are the steps as far as I remember

Press menu, system, setup, recording paths

Default movie location press OK
    press Menu, switch to file list

press menu again then select create directory 3 I think.

enter name using remote and ok to save.

If you make a mistake like I did I found it easier to press ok then press menu again and seect rename which brings up a virtual keyboard making it easier to enter the name.

all the bt sports have no epg either

BT has full epg on my webif, just checked, frequencies for BT have changed, you may be on an old tp which is no longer linked to epg. I'll check frequencies when home and post what I'm using.
    Edit: Southhampton V Midgetland in the Europa playoffs at 7.30 on BT Euro hd
    Edit Edit: BT SDs are on 11082250 H 22000, BT HDs are on 11973000 V 29500, you're probably aware that when manual tuning you can only enter thefirst five digits of the frequency, so 11082250 becomes 11082

BT has full epg on my webif, just checked, frequencies for BT have changed, you may be on an old tp which is no longer linked to epg. I'll check frequencies when home and post what I'm using.
    Edit: Southhampton V Midgetland in the Europa playoffs at 7.30 on BT Euro hd
    Edit Edit: BT SDs are on 11082250 H 22000, BT HDs are on 11973000 V 29500, you're probably aware that when manual tuning you can only enter thefirst five digits of the frequency, so 11082250 becomes 11082
    i know thanks will try that now

i know thanks will try that now

Just noticed my webif only displays channels if they have EPG, right enough, BT SDs are missing EPG, they are listed on dreamdroid though with no listing. Kingof Sat give the BT SD channels as 11081, which is only a Mhz away from my current tuning of 11082. BT sport were also part of the You View thing which is being restructured, that might explain their missing epg. You could try a scan on 11081, kind of messy to do remotely here, but I only ever watch the HD anyway.

Just noticed my webif only displays channels if they have EPG, right enough, BT SDs are missing EPG, they are listed on dreamdroid though with no listing. Kingof Sat give the BT SD channels as 11081, which is only a Mhz away from my current tuning of 11082. BT sport were also part of the You View thing which is being restructured, that might explain their missing epg. You could try a scan on 11081, kind of messy to do remotely here, but I only ever watch the HD anyway.
    should a complete rescan fix it

Try it, you have backup anyway if it goes pear shaped. I Think the BT SDs are in the same transition as the CBS channles, at least as far s EPG is concerned.

Try it, you have backup anyway if it goes pear shaped. I Think the BT SDs are in the same transition as the CBS channles, at least as far s EPG is concerned.
    ok will try now and let u know

• Advertisement

ok tried a full rescan and throws up a lot of greyed out channels as u can see from pic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement