Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

ok tried a full rescan and throws up a lot of greyed out channels as u can see from pic

I've got full EPG on Dave on 11817 V 27500, tho can't watch at the moment, some 'other' problem. I think when you do a full scan it only uses the TPs in your database, one of the files, Satellites.xml? or lame.db? Anyway, I think you can do a full blind scan of the box, that will just go through every possible combination, but it will take some time. Not sure about this actually, remember previous posts about uploading the latest version of the two files I mentioned before doing a full scan. I've always just researched the latest frequencies for dud or epg-less channels, manual scan, then move from last scanned to the bouquet. If picons are missing from the new channels, thats another days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

deezell wrote: »
    I've got full EPG on Dave on 11817 V 27500, tho can't watch at the moment, some 'other' problem. I think when you do a full scan it only uses the TPs in your database, one of the files, Satellites.xml? or lame.db? Anyway, I think you can do a full blind scan of the box, that will just go through every possible combination, but it will take some time. Not sure about this actually, remember previous posts about uploading the latest version of the two files I mentioned before doing a full scan. I've always just researched the latest frequencies for dud or epg-less channels, manual scan, then move from last scanned to the bouquet. If picons are missing from the new channels, thats another days work.
    so will i delete this Satellites.xml file

so will i delete this Satellites.xml file
    You should replace it I guess, It's well discussed in earlier posts, you need the latest version. I'm waiting for Sept 1st to see what happens.

You should replace it I guess, It's well discussed in earlier posts, you need the latest version. I'm waiting for Sept 1st to see what happens.
    could u show me how to do this.also whats happening on sep 1st

could u show me how to do this.also whats happening on sep 1st

When I've a chance I'll find a link to the latest files, you can download and use DCC to put them on your box, then rescan, but I wouldn't myself, I just fix the affected ones as I go along. In the case of CBS, Horror, BT, read this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Drama
    It says 1st Sept is freeview day for CBS. The Youview platform was founded by BT, so I'm guessing the epg hiatus involves them as well. If you search enough you start to get a picture, but the information is scrappy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

Zardozs Hyperion 4.5 image comes with the e2jffs2 image and the uImage in the root folder then there is a folder called Alien 2 Hyperion 4.5 Backup Repacked in a zipped file.

Which image file is the correct one to install? The one on the root or should I extract the contents of Alien 2 Hyperion 4.5 Backup Repacked and use the one there?

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Zardozs Hyperion 4.5 image comes with the e2jffs2 image and the uImage in the root folder then there is a folder called Alien 2 Hyperion 4.5 Backup Repacked in a zipped file.

Which image file is the correct one to install? The one on the root or should I extract the contents of Alien 2 Hyperion 4.5 Backup Repacked and use the one there?

Thanks...

Either one will work.
    The one in the root was created using the Spark backup plugin ,its always 128MB in size.
    The repacked version is the same image but in a smaller file size ,built using a script in linux .
    The repacked version should be easier to flash for people who have difficulties flashing the full 128MB backups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

MayoForSam wrote:
    I am just after buying a Sab Unix Triple which came pre-installed with E2. I had it working for a while but then decided to try out Zardoz Hyperion 4.5 E2 image.

I went through the procedure as defined on this thread (install plug-ins, boot box back into default Spark, then run upgrade plug-in, install E2 image from USB stick, re-set box, hold OK button, select ENIG and re-boot).

However, the box would not boot into E2 at all and all I had was a black screen (left it for 15 minutes). Going back to Spark worked the first time. I tried upgrading a second time with a different E2 image (Freshpots), same thing happened. And now after re-setting the box and trying to revert to the default Spark image, I am still getting a black screen so no now nothing is working!

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to fix this or is my box a dud?

How long did the Flashing take ? It should take nearly a minute. From memory, it should be saying Flashing Kernel and Flashing File System.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Alternative flash method if you cannot access Spark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

championc wrote: »
    How long did the Flashing take ? It should take nearly a minute. From memory, it should be saying Flashing Kernel and Flashing File System.

I finally got my box working, it took a few attempts with different images.

Putting the USB stick in the rear rather than the front slot seemed to work (16 GB formatted with FAT32 - I didn't have a smaller capacity stick).

I also would recommend having one folder in the root directory named 'enigma2', with just 2 files inside (e2jffs2.img, uImage). These 2 files vary depending on the image you decide to use.

Putting the box into the correct mode (ENIG/SPAR) at the start is also critical before flashing the image.

I am now picking up all the Freesat and Saorview channels, very impressed with the picture quality, even on SD. Now just need to customize the bouquets (remove a lot of the $ky stuff basically) - what's the best way of doing this - Dreamboxedit? Can I put terrestrial and satellite channels together without having to switch provider?

After that, it's reverse brainwashing time for the rest of the family to de-program them from $ky and get them using the new box.

• Advertisement

Dreamboxedit is probably the handiest way. Yes you can mix and match terrestrial and satellite in your favourites list any which way you like:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I also would recommend having one folder in the root directory named 'enigma2', with just 2 files inside (e2jffs2.img, uImage). These 2 files vary depending on the image you decide to use.

Yes,I find the most reliable way of flashing is to put the 2 files in the root of the usb drive, i.e not in any folder.
    This always gives a good flash whereas flashing from a folder is not 100% reliable.
    I am now picking up all the Freesat and Saorview channels, very impressed with the picture quality, even on SD.

These boxes simply can't be beaten for picture quality ,both HD and SD.

I recently bought a Technomate Nano 3T which is a really nice receiver but like all Mips receivers ,picture quality isnt its forte.
    Saying that the picture quality on the Technomate is better than the much touted Vu+ Solo 2.
    The sd picture quality on that is not good at all.

hi guys had to do a full rescan on my box as had quite a few green screens over last few days and am missing all the movies. they wont scan on the box.they are there but tune failed.have tried kingosat with there freq and still the same.any idea how to tune then in.also tried manual scan and still the same.thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I finally got my box working, it took a few attempts with different images.

Putting the USB stick in the rear rather than the front slot seemed to work (16 GB formatted with FAT32 - I didn't have a smaller capacity stick).

Putting the box into the correct mode (ENIG/SPAR) at the start is also critical before flashing the image.

I am now picking up all the Freesat and Saorview channels, very impressed with the picture quality, even on SD. Now just need to customize the bouquets (remove a lot of the $ky stuff basically) - what's the best way of doing this - Dreamboxedit? Can I put terrestrial and satellite channels together without having to switch provider?

After that, it's reverse brainwashing time for the rest of the family to de-program them from $ky and get them using the new box.

You could try auto bouquets. There is an option to scan 'free to air' only. As it says, this will only give you the free to air only. If you're looking for your own setup dreamboxedit is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

I have done a rescan and I am now missing quite a few picons in the guide. Anybody know how to get them back?

did a rescan too and bt 1 hd is now gone

did a rescan too and bt 1 hd is now gone

Only BT/ESPN Europe on a full Astra scan. Probably a new tp. Try in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Only BT/ESPN Europe on a full Astra scan. Probably a new tp. Try in a few days.

Yep no new frequency available anywhere online at the moment, if anyone comes across it pop it up here please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi the new frequency is 11386 v 29500 3/4 dvbs2 qpsk

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Folks,
    Regarding Vix 4 E2 Project - I tried this out today ( upgraded from Spark ).
    The Sat Tuners were fine but I could not pull in anything on the Tuner A Terrestrial ? ?
    Any ideas ?
    Have I some configuration incorrect ?
    As suggested, I have made sure the Freq is set at 8 MHz.
    Works fine in Spark - I get all the Saorview channels but not on the above ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

• Advertisement

Hi the new frequency is 11386 v 29500 3/4 dvbs2 qpsk

Will try it now cheers

how.gareth wrote: »
    Will try it now cheers
    Yep perfect thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

I have hyp 4.5 image upgraded from 4. When I press record it says hdd not recognised. when I press play I can locate my recordings from hyp4 the drive is in ex3 and play them.
    how do I get the box to recognize my hdd
    I tryed changing the path in fstab file but cant seem to get it going.
    Can someone help thanks.

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Regarding Vix 4 E2 Project - I tried this out today ( upgraded from Spark ).
    The Sat Tuners were fine but I could not pull in anything on the Tuner A Terrestrial ? ?
    Any ideas ?
    Have I some configuration incorrect ?
    As suggested, I have made sure the Freq is set at 8 MHz.
    Works fine in Spark - I get all the Saorview channels but not on the above ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.
    Had the same problem, flat refused to scan terrestrial. Gave up in the end and staying with Hyp 4.5 for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Got it sorted, added bookmark and changed recording path to it (media/sda1/movie)
    hope this helps somebody.
    Thanks for 4.5 zar keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

In Enigma how do I format the hard disk I have connected? In BluePanel I can see the various options for hard disks but I don't see a way to format.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Hi folks

As we all know, this thread is a brilliant resource, with some very helpful contributors. The amount of hard gained knowledge and experience is quite significant and extremely valuable.
    Unfortunately, in the past, we've had warnings from mods which has lead to the closure of previous threads and handing out of bans due to chat about certain channels and the such.
    This thread has been quite good at self governing, and happily, havent had any interjection from a mod, but recently, there has been a bit more loose chat about some channels. Perhaps, we need to be a bit more careful about such things. Maybe I'm been a bit prudish , but would rather be safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

rb25 wrote: »
    In Enigma how do I format the hard disk I have connected? In BluePanel I can see the various options for hard disks but I don't see a way to format.

If you swap back to Spark for a few minutes there is quick and easy option to format/partition your device. Can't remember exactly but I thought there was a format option inside the Blue also. You can convert to ext4 in Menu>Setup>System>Storage Devices also or Initialise it for the box

Slevster wrote: »
    Hi folks

As we all know, this thread is a brilliant resource, with some very helpful contributors. The amount of hard gained knowledge and experience is quite significant and extremely valuable.
    Unfortunately, in the past, we've had warnings from mods which has lead to the closure of previous threads and handing out of bans due to chat about certain channels and the such.
    This thread has been quite good at self governing, and happily, havent had any interjection from a mod, but recently, there has been a bit more loose chat about some channels. Perhaps, we need to be a bit more careful about such things. Maybe I'm been a bit prudish , but would rather be safe than sorry.

Yes, loose talk costs. Of course, many of us are using these boxes with a paid subscriber card, so would not have the automatic channel updating and other features that goes with the subscriber's crappy box, hence all the talk about retuning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Yes, loose talk costs. Of course, many of us are using these boxes with a paid subscriber card, so would not have the automatic channel updating and other features that goes with the subscriber's crappy box, hence all the talk about retuning.

That is all proper, correct and as it should be. However, no harm reminding those new here of the rules, as folks tend not to read the first posts, but dive straight in.
    Basically , these boxes are capable of receiving channels broadcast by satillite and terrestrial domestic channels. These include fta channels and subscription only channels. These boxes can be used/paired with a legitimate subscription card form a service provider, which is all the only valid to view those channels available behind a pay wall.
    And any discussion outside of these terms is not allowed/tolerated here.
    (Please correct, or add to this if I' omitted or incorrectly stated something)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement